i am afraid of clowns and spiders so the mixture made me scared

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 03-12-2007, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibiwizard
It

i am afraid of clowns and spiders so the mixture made me scared
Same here! I refuse to ever watch that movie again!

Black Cat
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-12-2007, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dare
With titles such as Saw (I, II, III...sixty three), The Hills Have Eyes, The Grudge or The Ring, appearing in recent years. (Which, in my opinion, are all pretty half-assed D: )

I pose a simple question.

What is the scariest movie you've ever seen?
Is it something older, or one of these new generation movies?

I'd probably have to say The Shining, it didn't scare me as such but it left me a little disturbed and shaky - which nothing before I'd seen that had really done before. Jack Nicholson's performance was just unbelievable o_o;

Spooon;
- Scariest movie?
- Older movies or newer movies?
- Do you even like scary movies/horror?

older is scarries! the new horror movies are crappy or complete copies from other nation's horor movies so they are all suck :?

i like the original horror movies better than any remakes or their sequels!

i remember horror movies about a blind girl and her possesed seeing dog, cursed painting, and many other classics

what i like:

a nightmare on elm street

the texas chain saw massacre

night of the living dead

psycho

hellraiser

the haunting

Mou
*^_^*

Old 03-12-2007, 09:38 AM

28 days later was really scary for some reason... maybe I was just in the right mood to get really really scared.

Also I watched the movie about the crazy dentist (well there are several but this was the first one) when I was quite young... didn't help my fear of dentist AT ALL!!

Black Cat
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-12-2007, 11:46 AM

i also remember a scary movie about killer clowns and the only way to beat them was by popping their red noses :?

it was a silly movie but it made me hate clowns for a while!

Coli
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Coli Send a message via MSN to Coli

Old 03-12-2007, 11:48 AM

The scariest film i've never seen is hostel. I just can't watch it. Too many detailed descriptions from friends trying to get me to see it.

Hazel Harwood
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Hazel Harwood

Old 03-12-2007, 12:56 PM

I don't really get scared at any kind of movie. But the one that sent shivers down my spine more than once was "An Americain Hauting." Dear Lord o_o I watched it by myself, in my room, at night, when I was the only one home. Bad idea XD

Sapphire Clouds
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Sapphire Clouds Send a message via MSN to Sapphire Clouds

Old 03-12-2007, 05:11 PM

Uh, Gothika.

I love it though <3

- sapphire

Julianna
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to Julianna

Old 03-12-2007, 07:26 PM

The new scary movies aren't that scary.
And I'm terrified of scary stuff!
Like Saw3, it was scary but it wasn't that scary.
Just a bunch of stuff that usually happens in scary movies happened in Saw3..

The scariest one I remember is Ghost Ship, the first Jeepers Creepers..
very scary.

There were soo many really scary movies, but they were old movies though.
I defiantly think the old scary movies are better.

Vampyreryoko
⊙ω⊙
Banned
n/a

Old 03-12-2007, 08:54 PM

The Grudge ><

Chunsa-chan
Sarang hanindea yo~

Old 03-13-2007, 12:39 AM

When I was a kid, I would have to say Gremlins. I was terrified of putting my feet on the floor, where they could grab me out from under there.

XD

I've kinda gotten out of that though, and watch scary movies quite often. (Night before Halloween equal Scary movie marathon FTW!)

Two movies I've seen that kept me thinking about them though would have to be 'Hills have eyes', and 'Wrong turn'.

'Hills just... it's freaked me out, but I think it was mainly because of what happened to the female lead. It's one of those thing that twist around your mind, and feed on it like a virus, thinking about being placed into thier life.

'Wrong turn' I like because it's one of the newer movies, but it has an older generation feel to it. And the idea of three mutated demented hillbillies coming at me and wanting to chop me up and put me in thier fridge for laughs?
Yeah... gonna think about *that* one for awhile.
XD

eig
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to eig

Old 03-13-2007, 12:43 AM

i watch scary movies to laugh at them. XDD i think they are so funny. i still jump at suspense but otherwise they're hilarious. my fav horror film is psycho. pretty much all the old ones. the omen, the excorcist, the birds <33, etc etc :O

Dante
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-13-2007, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zom
Wtfs o.O;

Zombies are supposed to be slow moving </3
D:!
I haven't seen many scary films so.. x_.
Yeah, which was why 28 Days Later was just so odd, and annoying D:
In 28 days later tehy weren't zombies tho... just really really pissed off... (something to do with a rage virus as opposed to a "T-virus" meant they wern't actually dead but just insatiably hungry, really pissed off and immune to pain or something like that)

Aire
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-13-2007, 12:47 AM

Most "scary movies" only gross me out, not scare me. I hate watching people get ripped up/slashed up/eyes gouged out/heads lopped off, etc etc in movies.
I work in a medical building on a university campus and get to see all sorts of nasty, nasty pictures from the medical professors and all sorts of gross stories.
And then I see similar things in movies. IT'S JUST NASTY. T_T

Bleh.

*grabs some wet naps*

However, for whatever reason, one of the very very few movies that ever scared me was The Grudge. Ever see the original Japanese version? It's got a -very- nice story that goes with it, it's very intriguing! The American version only shows the 'omg ghost is poppin out of scary dark places!' parts of the movie.

Mondai Kodomo
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-13-2007, 01:06 AM

I agree with Aire! The Grudge is one of the few scary movies that actually made me scared to open my eyes at night, 'cause I didn't want to see the shufu ghast staring at me!

I think it scared me because it was unrelenting. The Grudge would follow you where ever you went. Usually, with a haunted house, if you leave the house, then the ghost leaves you alone, and the ghost only appears at night! The Grudge ignored all those and attacked people in their own homes, in their own beds! Day and night didn't matter, either.

Plus, that one scene where the shufu crawls down the stairs was simply too creepy! The movements, the sound effects, it honestly made me believe that a dead woman was coming to eat my soul!

The Grudge 2 disappointed me. They brought high school girls and sex into the story. Blagh.

I got to watch Ju-On recently, and I think that the Japanese definitely did a better job, overall. The stair scene in the American version freaked me out. The one Ju-On had me frozen stiff on the sofa!

That's why I like The Grudge.

Teh Chou
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-13-2007, 05:57 AM

DANTES. FRICKING. PEAK.

I hate that movie. Hate it with a burning passion. I despise volcnoes, all because of that movie. They used to be like "eh, whatever" to me and now I have a shrieking terror of them. D:<

Stupid movie. I always hated the thought of being burned alive and that movie just made it worse. **whine whine**

ALSO MARS ATTACKS. I am terrified of that movie, too. I have no idea why and would kinda like to watch it again to figure out the reason my 8 year old brain was that terrified of it. Jibbering mess type terrified. Lots of bad dreams and such. I think it had something to do with the aliens having those communicators that said they were doing friendly things but then killed us all. =D Made me afraid of aliens in general, too, for awhile. The possiblity of a miscommunication scared me.

crazymuch
The Origional
Penpal

Old 03-13-2007, 05:58 AM

it was this one, when I was little, that was supposedly based on a true story, that I had snuck out of bed to watch, and the big foot was going around and killing and eating people. I fell asleep in my dad's chair watching it and had a nightmare that big foot was in the house and was sneaking up behind the chair and was going to eat me!!

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-20-2007, 02:07 PM

All scary movies I see are really comedies to me, to be honest.

Maybe I'm just sick & twisted. :twisted:

duncombe
Dead Account Holder

Old 05-26-2007, 03:30 PM

I think theres no movie that has freaked me out yet

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 05-26-2007, 07:22 PM

Oh man. Older scary movies are so much better than the crap they call horror movies nowadays. T_T

I think Cujo is pretty darn scary. I saw it when I was a kid...and well, there were nightmares of rabid dogs for a long time. I also really love The Shining and The Birds. Both still freak me out.

I'm a big fan of the Saw series, even though it's disgusting and horrific. I like the mindgames Jigsaw plays. That really puts a nice spin on things, much like Seven.

sayuri_nitta
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to sayuri_nitta

Old 06-03-2007, 02:40 PM

I've seen the first Saw but I started watching the second one and just couldnt stomach much of it XP

Really liked Ring and Ring 2, liked The Grudge as well (yet to see the second one)

The Scream movies had a few parts that made me jump but nothing really terribly frightening.
Seven was quite a disturbing (but good) film.

28 days later didnt really bother me and I really like Resident Evil 1 and 2 (but I'm a Milla fan hehe)

I watched Nightmare on Elm Street for the first time a couple of months back, that just made me laugh XD

I'm watching Silent Hill atm, watching it in bits because it's been recorded on the Sky+ box and that's in the main living room and my mum doesnt like scary/gory movies so I can only watch it late at night heh

I saw Final Destination 3 recently, that was pretty good as well

*tries to think of other horror/scary movies I've seen*

aphrodite remix
I am not an adventurer by choice...
Send a message via MSN to aphrodite remix

Old 06-03-2007, 03:46 PM

For me the scariest movie that I have seen until recently was It. Not so much for the actual movie itself, but when you finally watch something like that after reading the books... it leaves a mark. I was freaked out for about 3 years after that. When I was little my mom let me watch An American Werewolf in London, I'm still scarred. And even watching it now it creeps me out.

Though at this stage in my life, the Grudge.. yup I'm not ashamed to say I sometimes have to sleep with the light on.. its pretty crazy how paranoid I am

Julianna
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to Julianna

Old 06-03-2007, 04:07 PM

i don't remember if i have posted in here,
but the scariest movie i've ever seen is ghost ship,
when i was little, i haven't seen it after that,
but i'm sure its still scary. xD

also, jeepers creepers scared me soo much!
it was horrible, but thinking back after a few years since i've seen it,
i don't think it was that bad, but just in case.
i won't be watching it.

there's tons of other scary movies i've seen,
but most of them i try to forget about. ><

Username Censored
Grave digger
Send a message via MSN to Username Censored

Old 06-04-2007, 02:32 PM

• Definitely..er.. what's it called again? Urr..
    'The Descendants'. Yeah, that's what it's called. :C Or well, I'm not sure.
    But it sure is creepy. o __ o It's about a few women trapped in a cave. So they're trying to find a way out while shooting the camera.. and then all of a sudden there's this weird creature standing behind one of them. They start to scream of course, but at that moment they don't know that the creatures are blind and only attack when they hear you.
    Anyway, a lot of people get killed and then they finally realize that the creatures are blind. C: One by one they get killed, and eventually they start killing each other.
    The most horrifying thing in the whole movie was the part where two girls are running away for the monsters, one of them gets caught and the other one is trapped against a wall, still looking through her camera (it's really dark, and that's the only way to be able to look around well enough). The monsters start eating the fallen girls guts while she is still alive, and the other (trapped) girl watches with disgust.
    So the other girls screams of course, and the girl against the wall just.. sits there. There's nothing she can do.
    BWEEEH! D:
    I hate that. Seriously. I had nightmares for months.

Another movie I generally dislike is.. damn, I forgot the name. :| Again! Argh, I might remember it later on.

@Aphrodite ; I also watched It. It's a rather good movie, but I don't think it's scary. xD;;

Annabelle
(-.-)zzZ
n/a

Old 06-04-2007, 03:23 PM

the ring, definitely.
i have no stomach for scary movies, but my friend made me watch it D: