Anoni
is a cool kid.

Old 03-12-2007, 06:59 AM

Anyone like Futurama? :D

It's by the makers of The Simpsons, and about a guy who accidentally fell into a Cryogenics chamber and awakens in the year 3000. ^^

I actually like this show better than The Simpsons, though I like that too. 8)

Aurilia
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-12-2007, 07:57 AM

It's not bad, even though I personally prefer the Simpsons. But maybe that's because I kinda grew up on the Simpsons, and didn't get to see that many Futurama episodes.
I've got a friends who's currently working on Futurama in Burbank, she's saying that people are craaazy in that studio, and it's a lot of fun.

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-12-2007, 08:05 AM

Love, love, LOVE Futurama. My boyfriend & my friend Danielle got me into it. The jokes are better & it's much funnier than The Simpsons.

Anoni
is a cool kid.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:07 AM

I grew up watching The Simpsons as well. ^^

I remember watching an episode of Futurama waaay back when it was first released, and I didn't like it because I preferred The Simpsons. I sort of thought it was some weird Simpsons ripoff. Futurama wasn't much of a hit here either at first.

Then for some reason, people started talking about it again recently, so I borrowed all the DVDs off my friend, and I loved it. xD And they started airing again here.

Aurilia
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-12-2007, 08:08 AM

^^
I gotta catch up on watching it then.
Back home it didn't air for the longest time, and when it did they just kept repeating the same episodes over and over.
Fox planned to cancel the show altogether, I'm glad they didn't.

khiro
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-12-2007, 08:16 AM

I almost always watch the repeats! I'm really looking foward to the new episodes of it! You can only watch the same set of episodes...I'm still not sure when they're coming out, but there will be more coming...sometime @.@

Kiyo_Michan
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-12-2007, 08:30 AM

I LOVE Futurama and HATE the Simpsons!

It's a great show to casually watch, but they also have a TON of in jokes!

I have some personal favorite episodes, and even one that makes me cry at the end, but I'm not going to tell you which ones...;)

Anoni
is a cool kid.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:35 AM

@ Lili: Yay Futurama fan! <3
And I agree, I like the jokes from Futurama more. ^^ They're a bit more original and witty, not that The Simpsons' jokes aren't.
I love the whole future setting as well, because it lets the storywriters do almost anything. xD

@ Aurilia: You should definitely watch them! x3
I thought Fox did cancel it? Well they won't be showing season 5.. I think Comedy Central is showing it instead. xD Not that it matters to me, I don't have any of these channels where I live. @.@; I'll probably just end up getting the DVDs. ^^

@ Khiro: I watch the repeats on TV too, which is stupid because I have the DVDs now. xD The jokes are still funny. *__* <3
I heard that they'll be out in 2008? So far away. ;-;

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-12-2007, 08:36 AM

I really like Futurama but I find that they only show the same 4 episodes on syndication which is a little annoying as I know there's a good many seasons out there.

I like it better than the Simpsons because I find their humour a little more ... adult educated? At least I feel that it's that way. Plus I love Bender. He's just got so much sass it's wonderful.

Anoni
is a cool kid.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:38 AM

@ Kiyo: Oh my, you're probably the first person I've met who said that they hate The Simpsons. :o :shock:
Yeah I love the in-jokes, it makes me feel so smart when I get them. xDD The awesome thing is that it's still funny, even when you don't get the in-jokes. ^^
Ooh one made me cry! xD I'll name it. It's also my favourite episode. ^^
The one about Fry's brother taking his lucky clover after he disappeared. No spoilers on that though. xD

Anoni
is a cool kid.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seripha
I really like Futurama but I find that they only show the same 4 episodes on syndication which is a little annoying as I know there's a good many seasons out there.

I like it better than the Simpsons because I find their humour a little more ... adult educated? At least I feel that it's that way. Plus I love Bender. He's just got so much sass it's wonderful.

Same four episodes? xD Ah that would be annoying. :shock: Do you know the episodes off my heart now? xDD

I agree with the humour. ^^ And I like Bender as well, he's totally awesome. xD All the characters are very unique and funny in their own way as well. Another thing that I like about Futurama!

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-12-2007, 08:43 AM

Anoni - No, I hear you, Futurama can get seriously deep sometimes. The Simpsons always seems to end on a funny note unless it's Halloween but Futurama can be a real tear jerker sometimes.

I bawled the first time I saw the episode where they find Fry's dog and the end credits play. That sad sad music and the dog, man, it's making all emo right now thinking about it. Maybe that's just because I really like puppies.

Anoni
is a cool kid.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:50 AM

@ Seripha: Ah you're right about that. The Simpsons doesn't really seem to take time into account (Maggie's still a baby!), so it tends to be a happy-ish ending.
Futurama seems to actually show some sort of progression with Fry adapting to the year 3000 etc. And I heard that the next season will be set a couple of years after the last season.

Ooh the dog episode was sad too! ;-; *just remembered the ending*
I like the songs that they play on Futurama sometimes. ^^ Like the Walking On Sunshine one. xD

seripha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-12-2007, 08:52 AM

*does the dog howl singing "walking on sunshine"*

Does that mean they've brought it back to Fox or is it on some other network? I'm so behind when it comes to tv programs that aren't Heroes or Greys. It doesn't help that I work till 10pm and miss everything.

x3--Anne
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to x3--Anne

Old 03-12-2007, 09:00 AM

well i like simpsons and futurama is kinda rude..but i like em both..

Anoni
is a cool kid.

Old 03-12-2007, 09:21 AM

@ Seripha: The dog howling thing was so cute! x3
Ermm as far as I know, Fox won't be airing the newest season because they decided it wasn't good enough. Comedy Central will be airing it in 2008. ^^
Aww you work until 10pm? ;-; Perhaps you could get someone to tape you the shows. :3
I'm actually pretty horrible at keeping up with watching shows on TV. I always forget to watch it, and end up borrowing it off someone. ^^;

@ x3--Anne: I guess it's kind of rude, but that's the magic of it! :mrgreen:

khiro
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-13-2007, 03:17 AM

@Anoni: Yea...back when I first heard it I think they said it was supposed to be this yeaer @.@ Oh well at least we're slowly getting closer to the new eps =D

Donna
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Send a message via MSN to Donna

Old 03-13-2007, 04:54 AM

I don't like the simpsons but I loooooveeee Futurama! I usually watch it on Cartoon Network with Family Guy. <3 I love both those shows, they're hilarious. xD

Dante
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-13-2007, 11:11 AM

Yeah it's ok

xD Yeah futurama is just so much better than the simpsons, i mean in futurama literally ANYTHING could happen and the simpsons is really stretching for plot in the later seasons... know what i mean?

Pizza Dude
(-.-)zzZ
n/a

Old 03-13-2007, 02:21 PM

I have to say I like The Simpsons more. But Futurama is good.

Anoni
is a cool kid.

Old 03-16-2007, 10:48 AM

@ khiro: Ah really? :o You can probably blame Fox for that, I think production was halted when Fox said they were going to drop it. ;-;

@ Donna: I'm not a fan of Family Guy.. I don't find the jokes too funny, and it seems like such a Simpsons ripoff. *__* But I do like Stewie and that dog whose name I don't remember. ^^

@ Dante: That image is cool :o But so un-Futurama like and a little bit scary. xD Plus it stretches the page. D<
And yeah, I totally get what you mean. ^^ Both are good though! I wonder if the creators of The Simpsons and Futurama will create other cartoons. D:

@ Pizza Dude: Yeah they're both good. ^^;

KingBitterness
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-16-2007, 06:23 PM

i own Bender. 8)

Mei
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-17-2007, 06:51 PM

I LOVE FUTURAMA!!

I haven't seen The Simpsons in a long time and don't bother to even desire to watch it anymore. I think Futurama is wittier. :)

shocky2007
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to shocky2007

Old 03-17-2007, 08:51 PM

yer its ausome.

Mei
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-17-2007, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante
Yeah it's ok

xD Yeah futurama is just so much better than the simpsons, i mean in futurama literally ANYTHING could happen and the simpsons is really stretching for plot in the later seasons... know what i mean?
That's a cool pic! I wish the artist would have made Leela actually a cyclopse instead of a girl with an eyepatch.
But that's a neat twist as well. :3