CLAMP
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-14-2007, 04:41 PM

My favorites are Edward Scissorhands and The Nitemare Before Christmas. They are great movies.

TimeManagement
Send a message via AIM to TimeManagement

Old 07-16-2007, 01:24 AM

The Batman Series
Edward Scissorhands
Nightmare Before Christmas
Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
The Corpse Bride

All of these movies are AMAZING! They are beautifully created and are good in almost every aspect. I especially loved the music in Nightmare Before Christmas. The music is beautiful but creepy. The Corpse Bride was funny and had a good meaning to it. Tim Burton is a creepy genius, and he knows his movies well.

Eimi
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to Eimi

Old 07-17-2007, 07:25 PM

thats a hard choice i think my all time fav would be nightmare before christmas but sleepy hallow, edward scissorhands and big fish are up there...i could not stand his version of willy wonka..mostly cause i love the original so much and couldnt prevent myself from comparing

Abis
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-17-2007, 07:41 PM

I'd have to say Edward Scissorhands, and Planet of the Apes.

I like Nightmare Before Christmas well enough, but it got too overplayed last year, so I'm not too keen on it at the moment.

Feralin
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Feralin

Old 07-18-2007, 05:17 AM

Oh, I do love Tim Burton movies.

I adore The Nightmare Before Christmas, Corpse Bride and the Batman movies.

Feralin
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Feralin

Old 07-18-2007, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eimi
thats a hard choice i think my all time fav would be nightmare before christmas but sleepy hallow, edward scissorhands and big fish are up there...i could not stand his version of willy wonka..mostly cause i love the original so much and couldnt prevent myself from comparing
Oh, I agree about the Willy Wonka thing though.

I haven't actually seen the remake, and don't want too, coz I love the original too much and can already tell it wouldn't be as magical. D:

Kongouseki
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-18-2007, 06:05 AM

i love Nightmare Before Christmas! it's style is so wonderful!
and also, Beetlejuice and Edward Scissorhands. i want to see Big Fish

Eimi
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to Eimi

Old 07-18-2007, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feralin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eimi
Oh, I agree about the Willy Wonka thing though.

I haven't actually seen the remake, and don't want too, coz I love the original too much and can already tell it wouldn't be as magical. D:
Ya it was actually quite annoying more than anything and im not even sure i watched the entire thing..lol..i wish they wouldnt touch the classic movies

apricotbaby
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via ICQ to apricotbaby Send a message via AIM to apricotbaby Send a message via MSN to apricotbaby Send a message via Yahoo to apricotbaby

Old 07-18-2007, 05:58 PM

I honestly have never met a Tim Burton film I didn't love, but my favorite is definitely Edward Scissorhands. I agree with Eimi regarding the original version of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, but I think Mr. Burton did some amazing things with his version as well. (Although I hated the squirrels.)

Bruxinha_sorridente
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-27-2007, 12:10 PM

"Nightmare Before Christmas " because it's a classic...
I love the songs, I love the story, I love the drawings...

MiroshaxKerry
*^_^*

Old 07-29-2007, 07:55 PM

I havent seen many films of his i think but out of the ones i have seen proberly Sleepy Hollow and Willy Wonka (then again their the only ones in the list i have seen XD)

was Pirates of the Caribbean made by him? i know Disney is involved with it but i tohught he was involved with it to!

Lady Taurus
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Lady Taurus Send a message via MSN to Lady Taurus Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Taurus

Old 07-30-2007, 09:23 PM

I love all his movies but out of the ones you listed, Edward Scissorhands, Planet of the Apes, Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, The Corpse Bride, Sleepy Hollow, Big Fish, are my favorite.

`Cassiopeia
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-31-2007, 05:31 PM

I really liked the Corpse Bride!
Willy Wonka was good too

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 07-31-2007, 07:05 PM

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory was directed by Mel Stuart. I wish everyone would realize that Tim Burton did Charlie and the Chocolate factory, not Willy Wonka DX

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory pwns!

Teeth
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Teeth

Old 09-28-2007, 08:38 PM

Probably Nitemare Before Christmas, Corpse Bride and Beetle Juice. (:

Kei
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-29-2007, 03:18 AM

I like the Corpse Bride the Best
I don't exactly have a good reason why
Maybe it's because of the cool songs
:3

Sakura_Kiss

Old 09-30-2007, 03:49 PM

My favorite movies from Tim Burton is Corpse Bride and The Nightmare Before Christmas I think the movies he creates are awsome!

Bleeding Rose
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-30-2007, 10:04 PM

I haven't seen all of them yet but the ones I have seen, I LOVE. Tim Burton is amazing. I love the kids of movies he makes and the fact that Johnny Depp was in a few of them... :D

Teshia
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-05-2007, 11:05 PM

there isn't really a movie by him i don't like, i even loved his short films.
like... what was it.. frankendog or something? loved that. anywho..

edward scissor hands - i loved this movie simply because the poor lad is misunderstood. i loved the whole setting of the movie as well, tim burton has a very creative imagination. the whole time ( i don't believe he talks ) which just creates this huge mystery about him. the scissors for hands is genious, simply genious. that one woman who trys to seduce him and then blames it on him is a whore ( pardon my language ), but i wished she would have died. the whole movie was tied together well, the casting crew, costumes, settings, everything was terrifically well done.

the nightmare before christmas - this movie is a classic and i watch it repeatedly year round since i was a child. pretty much when it originally came out, and i love all of the characters. everyone i meet says they love jack skellington, well i love sally and the three little naughty kids. the claymation they did in this movie ( i believe that is what it was ), for its time was amazingly done! sally is so emotional yet she is a doll simply sewn together. and jack is a dead fellow, who is for some reason oh so handsome. his attitude sometimes is like that of a child ( note when he was in christmas town ), he is amazed by such simple things that we as humans take granted for. anyways, this movie was fantastically done as well. characters, voice actors, the scenes and the animators, everything a job well done.

corpse bride - this movie was alright, but it cannot even come close to rivaling with the nightmare before christmas. i liked the bride simply because she is dead and still has feelings of love, and the lead girl victoria because she simply will not give up vincent. vincent is a simple fellow who victorias parents will not allowe her to marry i believe. i think they wanted her to marry this other guy.. anyways, they eventually get married and the corpse bride bursts into moths at the end to wait for him in her life something or other. another good movie but not my favorite..

superkatti
le déesse de l'animaux de la for...

Old 10-05-2007, 11:36 PM

Nightmare before Christmas was amazing, if you haven't seen that you most definetely need to, Halloween or Christmas is a good time to rent it. 8)
And Corpse Bride was also really fit, I really liked that one a lot. The whole thing is stop motion isn't it? Is Nightmare Before Christmas stop motion too? I don't even remember. xD But if they are, wow. Those just take SO long to make!
Also Big Fish was pretty good, I saw that on TV a little bit ago. It was entertaining. :]

Teshia
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-05-2007, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superkatti
Nightmare before Christmas was amazing, if you haven't seen that you most definetely need to, Halloween or Christmas is a good time to rent it. 8)
And Corpse Bride was also really fit, I really liked that one a lot. The whole thing is stop motion isn't it? Is Nightmare Before Christmas stop motion too? I don't even remember. xD But if they are, wow. Those just take SO long to make!
Also Big Fish was pretty good, I saw that on TV a little bit ago. It was entertaining. :]

yes i believe it was stop motion.
but yeah, it took so many frames just to make sally blink.
stop and go motion was only for the nightmare before christmas
the corpse bride is all done cg.

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-06-2007, 12:09 AM

I just saw the new trailer to Sweeney Todd this morning!

I have to say, it looks amazing. Burton's live action movies always impress me, if only because his vision is complete down to every little detail on screen. And I feel that this time around, he chose the perfect actors for the parts. Yes, yes, I know many of you are thinking of Johnny Depp. But I'm much happier with Alan Rickman as the Judge and Helena Bonham Carter as Mrs. Lovett. These are some of the strongest actors I've seen together in a good long time.

I don't like counting my chickens before they hatch, but I may very well end up falling head over heels in love with this movie. (And it's a musical too! Have all my prayers been answered?)

Fuumuu
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-06-2007, 03:14 AM

My favorite movies? xD;;<3

I can't really say that I'm a big fan. (I can't add onto that list you already created. ; O; ) but but of that list... I adore "Edward Scissorhands," "PeeWee's Big Adventure," "The Corpse Bride," and "Nightmare Before Christmas" in that order. xD;;<33

PeeWee's Big Adventure was a love for me as a child though. xD;;<3 Everytime it came on on Disney, I'd prop myself down for the duration of it. xD;;<3 ahh~<3 good times. <3

Gynne
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Gynne

Old 10-06-2007, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knerd
I just saw the new trailer to Sweeney Todd this morning!

I have to say, it looks amazing. Burton's live action movies always impress me, if only because his vision is complete down to every little detail on screen. And I feel that this time around, he chose the perfect actors for the parts. Yes, yes, I know many of you are thinking of Johnny Depp. But I'm much happier with Alan Rickman as the Judge and Helena Bonham Carter as Mrs. Lovett. These are some of the strongest actors I've seen together in a good long time.

I don't like counting my chickens before they hatch, but I may very well end up falling head over heels in love with this movie. (And it's a musical too! Have all my prayers been answered?)
I saw it this morning too. Oh. My. Gosh. I'm so excited. I can't wait 'til it comes out. The trailer looks so beautiful. I love the story as well. And the idea of Johnny Depp doing his own singing has me very interested. o:

Taiikou
Magical Panda

Old 10-06-2007, 06:59 AM

• I enjoyed The Corpse Bride. Yes, it's short, but it was just cute and amazing. I'm not a huge fan of his other movies though. Then again I've watched them so many times that may be why. Who knows.