linapoo
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 01-07-2015, 11:54 PM

So uh, yeah. That last chapter ... 8( Naruto finally ended.
I honestly feel like it was giant fanfiction lol I could not believe some of the pairings...OTL

DID EVERYONE HAVE TO GET MARRIED???

Idk. I'm not unhappy, it just seems so unrealistic to the story haha. I'm okay with Naruto and Hinata because I could honestly see Naruto falling for her, but some of the other pairings are questionable.

Any other thoughts on the story's end? :D Are you happy/sad/angry/confused etc?

ALSO:
Salad.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 01-09-2015, 07:24 AM

I stopped following Naruto ages ago. But this made me go poke around the Naruto wiki. The fact that they named his kid "Boruto" killed me. Yeah, sure maybe it is for "bolt" but, you didn't spell bolt, you make it look like Naruto.

At any rate, I feel like any time you just dump in a bunch of new characters, like kids, without any sort of build up, the audience's reaction to them is going to be pretty indifferent. Same thing happened with Harry Potter's epilogue.

zyne
they/them

Old 01-15-2015, 11:11 PM

personally, i hated the ending.
i wish it had ended after the first half of 699 - the fact that everyone just got together and had a bunch of kids was kind of :/
also that sakura had become a housewife? which is absolutely a fine job to have but her entire character arc has been about her wanting to become stronger and she's been training as a medical ninja and they just... showed her cleaning, which was an incredibly poor panelling choice. i would be fine if she had been a stay at home mom if maybe they had shown her teaching her kids or something?? i'm also mad about her being paired up with sasuke after how abusive he's been to her especially
i feel like they were just trying to make a bunch of straight pairings and a bunch of kids. not that i really expected much difference from kishimoto with the way he treats girl characters in the first place but :/ it was still disappointing

also that naruto wouldn't understand his son is kind of weird. i'd feel like he'd be an extremely doting father, considering how he grew up.

linapoo
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 01-31-2015, 12:08 AM

Oh yeah. The names. 8(

That's a really good point. You'd think that writers would know better these days, but I suppose they do what they can to bring in promotion and market.

@zyne
Yeah, the ending was pretty forced. It was all the way in left field. I can imagine some couples merging but, the manga was never about love, so why make the ending about love? Makes no sense. Omg, I totally agree about Sakura and Sasuke. It was kind of sad to see her cooped up like that. You would expect her to be happy about that kind of lifestyle when she was a kid, but now she's gotten so much more capable and stronger, and her values have most definitely changed. Considering how she hated being the side-kick behind Naruto and Sasuke. Also, it was only ONE shot of her life, it just happened to be of her cleaning up. We don't know the whole picture yet. It might have been a day off and perhaps they just wanted to do a simple frame of showing that she had children and what not. They didn't think through it well. Yess, like girl, why you do dis to yourself. You strong, you dont need no man who left you 234234 times.

For Naruto, I think he does understand. He did say 'I know this is hard for you, but you've got to learn to be tough through it.' And some other crap about Ninja Way and stuff. But I can see how you'd think he'd be more lenient. I guess it's the whole 'I was young once before, but I'm not gonna let my kid get away with it since I'm an adult and I need to parent my kid' thing. Like, when parents say Oh yeah I did that but you arent going to repeat my mistakes kind of thing.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 02-04-2015, 11:06 AM

Naruto ended? O__O
wow, I am surprised with the pairing.
(someone only follow the first first first minute story arc... XD)

That does sounds like a rush ending... I wonder why the artist want to end it so fast?

Uzumaki Naruto

Old 09-20-2015, 07:33 PM

The ending was a giant fan service and reactions are the proof that you just can't please everybody.
How i wish Naruto and Hinata had a child with byakugan and some sort of special rasengan to make use of his/her visual jutsu.

YamiSora
~

Old 09-26-2015, 12:30 PM

I stopped reading Naruto right at Chapter 555 (i remember stopping there 'cause I knew I would always remember that number, ha ha!) but the latest news of the Naruto kids and their names just killed me. I do wanna go back and read the rest when I get the chance.