Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-15-2009, 08:41 PM

Thread revamped on Dec. 30, 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Plot
In a manor house on the outskirts of Victorian era London, butler Sebastian Michaelis serves Ciel Phantomhive, the orphaned twelve-year-old head of an English noble family and a toy and candy empire, who serves directly under the Queen. Sebastian carries out any task required by his master while solving the problems plaguing England with ease and perfection, because of his demonic lineage and Faustian contract with his master.The parents of the Phantomhive estate were murdered when Ciel was younger. As a result, he made a deal with a demon asking for vengeance upon those who had disgraced him, and the Phantomhive name, in exchange for his soul.
For more information, see the page The Black Butler, at Wikipedia.org.

• This is the thread for those who are interested in the manga and anime series known as Kuroshitsuji. Express your undying love (or hate) for the series here; which characters you find intriguing, whose neck you wish to wring, whose clothes you think are gorgeous or terribly lacking taste, and whatever else you can think of!

So come on in, make yourselves comfortable, and start posting away!

I don't watch the anime, so I only know a few vague things about it. I stick mostly to the manga.

Now...

"The Phoenix!!" *strikes pose*

For those who have no idea what that was about, click the spoiler bar below. XD (WARNING: May be a bit of a spoiler.)

SPOILERX

Last edited by Antagonist; 06-25-2013 at 02:49 AM..

cydril
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to cydril

Old 04-15-2009, 11:13 PM

I saw the first few episodes of the anime. I like the art, and the gay undertones are always fun, but it tries to switch back and forth from funny to serious way too much, which I know is how the manga was, but somehow it didn't transfer well.
I would like to pick it up again if I remember.
Also, It's set in about the 1880's.

clock
tick tock

Old 04-16-2009, 12:37 AM

Kuroshitsuji is pretty dark, but I love it. I only watch the anime and I'm on episode 20-something. I don't like reading manga online, but I'm curious about what that's like.

I love the Undertaker and Grell. And I wish I was as fashionable as Ciel. :'D

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-16-2009, 01:23 AM

@Cydril: There were gay undertones? o__o;
I sort of like the way it switches from serious to funny a lot; it keeps the mood light, but serious enough for the story to get going so it's not just a big wad of jokes piled together.

@Clock: Ah, I love the Undertaker too, he's so morbidly funny xD Sebastian was pretty nice too, but I sort of lost interest in him after he *spoiler* seduced that girl in the circus for information. I would love to own some of Ciel's clothes xD

lawliet358
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-17-2009, 08:26 PM

This series is still under consideration...I've begun watching some anime episodes (don't have the time to read manga yet) but I've gotten even busier so I've only got it downloaded on my hard drive and seen 1-2 episodes. I'm hoping this would be a good series for me. I've been wanting to discover a good read for awhile now...^^;

Versailles
I killed Waldo

Old 04-19-2009, 03:43 PM

*raises hand*
I adore this series!~

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-19-2009, 06:48 PM

I can't wait for the next chapter! I usually wait for the manga to be released before renting a volume to read, but after my friends kept on chatting about what was going to happen later on I felt so lost out that I started reading it online ^^;

Kami Darko

Old 04-29-2009, 02:28 PM

I found this in Manga form at first. I found it to be so ticklishly absurd that I fell in love. The character depictions and the verity of odd balls was absolutely wonderful.
I fell in love with the Anime after the manga and watched every episode twice. It was wonderful that tho amazingly different it was still the same shota/yaoi/s&m hinting good time that I for one wouldn't give up for the world. My personal favorite character was Undertaker. His lack of care and begrudging love of jokes and the dead just made me feel so much better about my own line of work. I also love the VAST amounts of yaoi parings this show has brought to fanfiction! Ceil/Sebastion, Ceil/Undertaker, Ceil/Finian/Bard,Grell/justaboutanyone And my person favorite Sebastion/Finian. I finished the anime only a short time ago and am looking foreword to the mangas conclusion with bated breath! If anyone has some animes similar to this one in quality and taste I would be eternally grateful for thy assistance.

Sally Sinema
(◎_◎;)

Old 05-02-2009, 03:55 AM

I'm right in the middle of what's out for the series and I love it! It sucked me in right away, it's the perfect mix of dark supernatural and humor.
I also recently saw someone cosplay Grell, which was funny and awesome.

[Hero]
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-05-2009, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cydril View Post
I saw the first few episodes of the anime. I like the art, and the gay undertones are always fun, but it tries to switch back and forth from funny to serious way too much, which I know is how the manga was, but somehow it didn't transfer well.
I would like to pick it up again if I remember.
Also, It's set in about the 1880's.
The late 1880's. Ciel was born in 1875 and he's thirteen (twelve, at the beginning, but he has a birthday) so that's 1888.

There's only one thing I hate about this series and it's that you have to wait till the very end of the month for the new chapters! It's driving me crazy, trying to pass the time until the next one is released. But, I guess I just love it so much. xD

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 05-06-2009, 05:46 AM

Oh yeah, the waiting time kills me :gonk:

I hadn't known that it only came out once in a month until very recently, and I was like, "What?!! I have to wait that long?!!" :cry:

I can't wait to find out what happened to *spoiler* the bald guy from the circus after the guy/girl with the super strength made that 'Splat' sound on the last page of the last chapter. :insane:

xxJellyfishxx
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-12-2009, 07:18 PM

I love Kuroshitsuji!

One day I was just chatting to people on a form and someone posted the trailer for the anime so I was like "hmm, looks kinda for me" so, I decided to watch the first episode and I absolutely loved it! When I first watched it it had 20 episodes released so it only took me a little while to catch up but then even though it was only a week I ended up desperate for the next episode to be released! I loved the ending and was in tears!

When I finished the anime I though I should check out the manga and that was even better! I love how different the story is from the anime! The only bad thing about it is the monthly waiting time, I feel like Im gonna die without it XD

My favourite characters are Sebastian, Undertaker and Grell! I think they are all awesome!

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 05-12-2009, 07:35 PM

The Undertaker is just too funny xD I love his sense of dressing <3

How different is the anime from the manga? I've never watched the anime before so I'm completely clueless.

xxJellyfishxx
(-.-)zzZ

Old 05-14-2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fading Existence View Post
The Undertaker is just too funny xD I love his sense of dressing <3

How different is the anime from the manga? I've never watched the anime before so I'm completely clueless.
The story is different in the anime. After the "Jack the Ripper" part, it is all fiction except for "Curry Cook-off". Although it was more filler it was still really good. It had alot of Grell in it too! I love the way they ended it. It was very sad, it had me in tears! The best thing is it kept the Kuroshitsuji feel to it

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 05-14-2009, 02:26 PM

Ooh, could you give me a spoiler post for the ending? My friend told me it was different from the manga but she never went into the details...

Sleepy Sovay

Old 08-29-2009, 10:52 PM

Does anyone read this Manga/seen this anime?
It was so good i cried despite myself.

I come from Gaia (i know i know meh) and there was recently an item that was basically Sebastian. I didnt know of this show/manga before then but everyone was freaking out about how awesome it was so i watched it (then read it).

It really is amazing, i recommend it whole heartedly.

(ah, and i hope i didnt do anything wrong here, im very very new and this is my first topic!:))

DarkxLorelei
Otakuisms are Everywhere~

Old 08-30-2009, 01:58 AM

haha your fine dear.

This is next on my "to watch" list.
mostly because I found out that Becca did the ending theme "Im Alive"
And then I saw some AMVs and I got severely interested :3

Hope to see it soon

Paper Face Parade
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-31-2009, 02:42 AM

This is on my "to read" list. When I heard it was around the 1880s I was like: score! but I never got to it, and highly doubt I will ever get around to it, even though I really want to read it! :angry:

DarkAngel21
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-31-2009, 03:48 AM

just got into it was posted on one of the threads i have, and i thought to check it out for some reason, was looking for something to watch. Watch about half of the anime so far and it is awesome i love Sebestian. I will have to read the manga though the anime seems confusing maybe the manga has a little more to go with

Strawberry Shortcake
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-01-2009, 10:23 PM

I have only seen the anime but i really liked it. It kept me confused for a long time then revealed everything at the end. But if the manga is still ongoing maybe the anime doesn't have the right ending? I still would reccomend it though, its pretty good. I love sebastian, hes so interesting, oh and the servants are pretty funny too.

SakuyaNii
Demon Kagami

Old 09-05-2009, 01:44 AM

i didn't read the manga but the anime was really interesting :)

~AmayaxKiyomori~
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to ~AmayaxKiyomori~ Send a message via MSN to ~AmayaxKiyomori~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~AmayaxKiyomori~

Old 09-05-2009, 02:14 AM

I watched all of the episodes of the anime, and haven't started on the manga yet. My favorite characters would have to be Grell, Sebastion, Ciel, the Undertaker, and Finny (yeah I have a lot of favorites, but that's because the characters are amazing).

As for what I like about them...

Grell - I like him because of episode five. That one still gives me shivers when I go batch to watch it again. He's really flamboyant and just a funny character overall :)

Sebastian - He's a demon, and pretty good looking at that. Plus his cute fascination with cats is just adorable. I love his loyalty and the way he gets things done and how he protects Ciel.

Ciel - He has a lot of determination, and he's very serious. The series really shows how fast his childhood was taken from him and how quickly he was forced into being an adult.

the Undertaker - He's such a character! His sense of humor and the way he laughs is just like none I've ever seen before.

Finny - He's so adorable! I wanted to hug him so much when I found out his past!

This is an interesting question; was anyone else remind of Hellsing when they first saw the anime or read the manga? I know I was :D

SofaKittyKing
Don't follow my footsteps, I'm l...

Old 09-27-2009, 09:54 AM

Aha, oh how I adore this series. I actually watched the anime, before I got into the manga. But, when I had to wait for new episodes in the anime to come out, I started to read the manga, and I fell in love with the manga, also. There are more moments, between Ciel and Sebastian, in the manga, then in the anime. Hm, I do wish there was a 3rd season, but there can not be, seeing how Sebastian gave Ciel the, "Kiss of Death", (I'm not sure if that is the name, xD;), in the last episode. u__u It really saddened me, but then again, made my fangirliness go off, when Sebastian slid off his eyepatch, then brung his face closer to Ciel's. Oh, how I wish they would of shown the kiss. *A* To me, it hinted that Ciel was a masochist in the last episode, because he was telling Sebastian to make it as painful as he could. Oh gosh. Writing this is really making me want to re-watch the anime.
---
Have you ever read/watched: Higurashi (any of the series), Umineko no Naku Koro ni, or Doubt? If not, I really recommend them. :]

Saro
Saro

Old 09-27-2009, 07:49 PM

But, of course.

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 11-03-2014 at 02:10 AM.. Reason: Ghost Hunt Game

Lady Luck Infinity
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 09-27-2009, 08:11 PM

I love the anime. I'm on episode 8 right now and I've fallen in love with the creepy horror type style yet elegant victorian era clothing.

I so have to find the manga now. My favorite character currently is Grell. *giggles* So much craziness. And I can't not mention that Sebby will always ben in my top 10 of anime dudes.

Music in this series is also topnotch, I adore the opening theme.