salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 05-18-2016, 07:50 PM

Do you prefer watching anime or reading manga?

Are there any manga series you wish would be made into an anime and vice versa?

Or perhaps the series has both a manga and an anime, but one version is better than the other?

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 05-20-2016, 02:24 AM

Dang this is a hard one, honestly it depends on the manga/anime in question. I'm very picky about art styles so with something like junjou romantica I like the anime better than the manga because the art style is better in the anime. But something like Chibi Vampire I like better in manga form, it's not that I dislike the anime it's just that I think the manga is better.

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 05-20-2016, 06:10 AM

Agreed. It really depends. For the most part, I prefer to read the manga, because it's simply more detailed. Of course, the longer something gets, like Naruto or Bleach, watching a condensed anime version seems a good option to make it through the dense jungle of chapters. Also, action is well suited to animation. Slice of life anime can be rather dull when animated.

Off the top of my head, I can't really think of anything that I've desperately needed animated. I mean, there are a few BL titles that I would love to see, but sort of shrink back at the notion. On the one hand, it could be so good. But on the other hand, I kind of don't trust anyone to do it. The powers that be have terrible tastes when it comes to animating BL titles. I hate most of what gets animated. I'm currently having a super hate off for Super Lovers and the ridiculous predatory pedaphilic mess that is. *shakes head*

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 05-21-2016, 12:17 AM

I do agree when it comes to slice of life animes, they get quite boring, whereas the manga is still okay and seems more fast paced.

peachycandy

Old 05-22-2016, 05:33 AM

Usually manga...
Watching things is boring a lot of times for me..