Caroline
stay gold

Old 05-09-2007, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumui
Yay! My favorite band (and artist) My teachers make little jokes here and there about the man himself. I'm looking forward to June 5th ^^

I was gonna start a thread but I though to go search first to make sure ;D My dream is for him to shake hands with my mother (who despises androgens)

• I downloaded the leaked album two days ago. [I'm still going to buy it when it comes out though] *__* <33 I like it; it's different from past albums and it's kind of has a dance-y, but not really. I don't know, I suck at reviewing albums. xD My favourite tracks are "If I Was Your Vampire" and "You and Me and the Devil Makes 3."

Haha, I would love for Manson to shake hands with my mother too. She thinks he's so weird.

Blaidd_Tywyll
(-.-)zzZ
n/a

Old 05-09-2007, 09:52 AM

I don't listen to his music, but he makes me sad. I doubt many of you know this, but his father was a Christian pastor. Marilyn Manson rejected that whole life and became the sad shadow he is. I admit, he has a certain twisted genius in his work, and creative. But I just can't help wonder what his parents must feel, since it would seem is entire life now mocks everything they would stand for. Also, that's why it seems there are religious themes in some of his music. Like I said, even never having listened to his music, he makes me vary sad.

Caroline
stay gold

Old 05-09-2007, 11:04 AM

• That is a rumour, one of many circulating the internets about Marilyn Manson. xD Manson's family was not religious, but he did go to a Christian school. It scared him so much that he became afraid he was the Antichrist, hence "Antichrist Superstar."

Yukacia
Dead Account Holder
n/a

Old 05-09-2007, 08:17 PM

I can't stand him. You can't even tell if he's a guy or a girl!

But I like his song Irresponsible Hate Anthem, but i don't like any of the other ones. Have you seen the CD cases though!? ]=

Caroline
stay gold

Old 05-10-2007, 02:54 AM

• What about the CD cases? I have all the main ones. 8D

Glammy
persistantly missing

Old 05-10-2007, 11:50 AM

• I really can't see much that's so terrible about his C cases. Antichrist super star could be taken as being alittle.
    Offensive.
    But thats about all I can think of >___>; And mine came in a little black sleeve that hid the actual case cover.

Gaaaah~
    Why am I always the looser who can't seem to find the magical leaked albums? xD
    I don't actually know if I want to hear it yet though. What I've heard so far (Heart Shaped Glasses and If I was Your Vampire {lawlbadgramma}) don't really. uh. Make me want to run out and buy the album ZOMGNOW.
    But that's probably just me being picky, and after a few listens, I'm sure I'll love it.

Butbutbut~
    Anyone watched the clip to Heart Shaped Glasses?
    I've only seen parts, since my internet connection is lapoop and takes for ever for things to load.

It seems very.
    Self indulgent? Well, more so then normal.
    Or maybe I'm just not one for repeated sex scenes between him and some blonde lala~ :'O

Ayumui
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-10-2007, 07:15 PM

I saw a 40 second clip of HSG. Him making out with some naked blood-covered blonde (maybe that really young girl he's seeing?) Not one of his best.

Glammy
persistantly missing

Old 05-11-2007, 12:54 AM

• I think it is the chick he's seeing. I can't remember HOW old she is, but it's not to far form 18 >__>;

Uuuh. That's pretty much the whole clip really. It's around 8 minutes long I think, parts of the actual song are the band performing infront of a group of people, with Manson singing to the Blonde Chick (who's surprisingly enough - wearing Heart Shaped Glasses).

Then goes back to the kissy-kiss-bloody bit.

http://www.mansonusa.com/ << has the whole Clip. It's a couple of news posts down I think.

Ayumui
\ (•◡•) /

Old 05-11-2007, 02:05 AM

My teacher says she's around 17. I'll watch it in the morning (bedtime for me, now)

heather_54
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to heather_54 Send a message via Yahoo to heather_54

Old 05-13-2007, 06:36 AM

i cant wait till he comes to sac. ive already bought the tickets with him and slayer front row 8) i think he should of done a different song as a music video not Heart Shaped Glasses but like Evidence or Just A Car Crash Away those songs were pretty damn good and touching too.

Dans Le Passe
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Dans Le Passe Send a message via MSN to Dans Le Passe

Old 06-12-2007, 06:05 AM

I used to be obsessed with Marilyn Manson, but as i got older i wasnt as obsessed xD but his lyrics are great, my favorite songs are
Coma White
Coma Black
& The Nobodies :]

Dans Le Passe
(-.-)zzZ

I used to be obsessed with Marilyn Manson, but as i got older i wasnt as obsessed xD but his lyrics are great, my favorite songs are
Coma White
Coma Black

Dans Le Passe
(-.-)zzZ

Coma White
Coma Black

Lehila
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Lehila

Old 06-25-2007, 11:14 AM

some people find him controversial. i understand what makes them think that way but i don't know why Dx like, what's wrong with a guy with make-up? :roll: anyway XD the music is good. lyrics are fine. the voice is <3 the looks are <33 what else can you ask for? XD

oh and on another hand. i watched this movie bout safety in the US, easy access to guns, all those massacres in schools etc. this one guy said one of the shootings, let's skip the name/description etc because this is not the main subject and you can figure it out by yourself, was indirectly influenced by Manson, the people of his "kind", and the "evil gothic music".

i don't know bout you guys but i would get mad, being in his shoes. but he did something totally different. the band cancelled the upcoming concerts and later wrote songs about what happened. you may think "aw damn, he's an okay man." but some people still think he's a son of the devil himself or sth. and why? just because of the way he looks? :roll:

it must be hard being marilyn manson ._. that's why we should love him loads D: <3

XD

EbilKitty
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-01-2007, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sychobunny
My opinions of manson are pretty moderate. I like some of the music. I don't consider him to be a genius, but I do think he knows how to market his product well.
This pretty much sums up my opinion as well *nods*. He does have some excellent songs, "The Nobodies" is amazing and I absolutely love the "Tainted Love" cover.

Lehila
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Lehila

Old 07-23-2007, 04:40 PM

i think his latest album is good, i really love heart shaped glasses. <3

aphrodite remix
I am not an adventurer by choice...
Send a message via MSN to aphrodite remix

Old 07-23-2007, 05:31 PM

I used to be quite the manson fan, however lately I dont' really listen to his music anymore. Its just not that appealing for me lately, although I still have a few favorites, I think I've moved on for now. But I still can't wait to buy his new album

Aurilia
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-25-2007, 09:57 AM

I adore his Mechanical Animals album! (I regret not taking it with me on vacation)...
Coma White is an insanely good song.

I absolutely have to pick up his latest album, I'm really curious about it.
However I wonder, if I love Mechanical Animals, but don't like the Antichrist Superstar one much, will I like the new album??

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 08-01-2007, 05:57 AM

I think the thing with Marilyn Manson, is that he's a cover artist, and he's made his career out of doing cover after cover, with very little of his own work. He's fabulous, don't get me wrong. But I think that that is the problem that a lot of people have with him. And then it's probably his presence, or outward attitude that they don't like.

I think that he's a genius. He can reinvent songs like no one else, and his voice I think is just insane. I've never heard anyone like him before! I hope he keeps it up. I haven't heard anything off of the new album though..

secretdae007
The Colors of a Dae

Old 10-18-2007, 01:16 PM

Manson's type of music just isn't really my cup of tea ^^; I had a sort of friend who was into his music and when she slept over one time, she wanted to fall asleep to Marilyn Manson music. So I let her put it on, not really knowing what to expect... Well, let's just say that I couldn't get to sleep and waited for 45 minutes for her to fall asleep so I could turn it off ^^; Since then, I haven't really tried listening to his music...

aonith
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-30-2007, 09:17 AM

I live Marylin Manson, I love the music, I love the lyrics, I love the band. They are awesome.
I still can't beleive, that I'm going on his live concert in the end of December. It is like... blessing from above @___@

Fabby
KHAAAAAAAAN~

Old 11-01-2007, 11:16 PM

Genius, I tell you. I love Manson so very much.

I missed their concert, due to a slight hospitalization and not knowing it was all-ages until too late.
I WAS ANGRY!

aonith
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-02-2007, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovvy
Genius, I tell you. I love Manson so very much.

I missed their concert, due to a slight hospitalization and not knowing it was all-ages until too late.
I WAS ANGRY!
Well... If I was you I would feel the same way... -__-'
Pretty sad situation.