Hebenon Vial
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Hebenon Vial Send a message via MSN to Hebenon Vial

Old 10-15-2007, 02:07 AM

I'M not classifying the music, though! The sound is classifying music. Genres can be stupid things, but they were made to keep people not quite so confused. If two bands are of two different genres then they're those two genres. If a band is Ska and Punk then it's a Ska-Punk band and that's that. If someone thinks it's Techno, would that make it Techno? The type of music doesn't depend on each person's point of view. It doesn't depend on mine, your's, anyone's. The type of music simply depends on the kind of music that's being played, no ands ifs or buts. It's not MY WAY of classifying music. It's just the way things works and it's generally common sense.

Apeiron
Tiger

Old 10-15-2007, 02:18 AM

You're rejecting what genres
other people call a group.
You're basically classifying
them yourself. Besides,
if someone says that someone like
Eminem is opera, then you can
critcise them. But some bands can
be both opera, goth rock, and
goth metal at once. Just like other
bands can be rap, christian, and rock,
and light metal all at once.
Savvy?

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to AkashaHeartilly Send a message via Yahoo to AkashaHeartilly

Old 10-15-2007, 09:28 AM

I agree with Aiparon. Also, different sites and people classify stuff as different genres. Some even differiate between Goth, Goth Rock, Goth Metal, Dark Wave, industrial, Techno, Power Noise, and everything else. I mean, if you putting Dark Wave on your list, I think you should also be including Goth Metal, Industrial, Power Noise, and some Techno.

I mean, all these usually get lumped together with Goth, and Goth sub-culture. I mean many of those groups culd also be under different genres, such as The Damned and Siouxsie and the Banshees, both I've seen classified as Punk. I mean if that's the case, i think the Misfits and The Cramps should also be on this listed.

Missing the Legendary Pink Dots, Lollipop Lust Kill, My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult, Skinny Puppy, Ministry, KMFDM and others just to name some off the top of my head, that I think should go up there.

Hebenon Vial
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-15-2007, 04:11 PM

Well, I can understand where you're coming from but I still don't necessarily agree.
But this topic was made to talk about music related to the what could be considered Goth-Rock and related.

Apeiron
Tiger

Old 10-15-2007, 07:47 PM

Yet you're ignoring what
could go up there, and
instead trying to make
others feel like hicks.

And still, you even
reject bands that have
been mentioned.

It seems like you know
only half about a music
and possible genres.

Hebenon Vial
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-15-2007, 09:42 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goth_Rock
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothic_Metal
If that's not enough of a difference to separate the genres then excuse me.

Apeiron
Tiger

Old 10-15-2007, 09:46 PM

I don't need to learn
about what I love. I already
know what it is.

You, on the other hand, need
to learn to take other
people's suggestions with
respect.

I'm actually surprised a
mod hasn't locked this place
up. It's been an all-for-all
brawl for a while now.

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to AkashaHeartilly Send a message via Yahoo to AkashaHeartilly

Old 10-15-2007, 10:03 PM

And you said to add "Related" Goth Metal is related to Goth Rock. Same with Industrial, Power Noise, and Techno. So just don't exclude the related ones you don't like. Include them all, or just keep the Goth Rock up there, and take down the other 2, if you can't include other related material and shoot everyone dow who brings it up.

So IF your doing related, such as Dark Wave and Death Rock, with Goth Rock. Then include the other genres instead of shooting others down.

Man, It's people trying to be elitism is why I hated the goth scene outside my little community. Mine was a mixture of people from the Goth Metal Heads, to Goths to Rivet Heads.

Apeiron
Tiger

Old 10-15-2007, 10:35 PM

Exactly, Akasha.

pwny_of_doom
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-16-2007, 05:32 AM

Wow, I haven't heard Corpus Delecti in forever!
Circle is a great song.

What do you think about the Sex Gang Children?
More gothic or more punk? They're probably the happiest goth/punk band on the planet.

Also, Christian Death would be a good addition to the list.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=257594862

Hebenon Vial
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-17-2007, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwny_of_doom
Wow, I haven't heard Corpus Delecti in forever!
Circle is a great song.

What do you think about the Sex Gang Children?
More gothic or more punk? They're probably the happiest goth/punk band on the planet.

Also, Christian Death would be a good addition to the list.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=257594862
Sex Gang Children is very good. They'd be more considered Deathrock. And just about every Deathrocker knows about Christian Death. xD What other Deathrock bands are you into? .45 Grave?

JMurder3512
Banned

Old 10-31-2007, 11:35 PM

Actually Gothic Metal, but Type O Negative rule. If I'm in the mood for some Gothic/Doom, TON is the answer. =D