Yreka
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-21-2007, 02:32 AM

• The Yoshida Brothers are two brothers who play the traditional Japanese instrument, the shamisen. They use the more modern version (introduced about 100 years ago, this one called tsugaru shamisen) instead of the traditional and not as popular version from about 450 years ago. They are acctually well known in Japan for their collaborations with other artists, incorporating the traditional instrument with more modern sounds.
    Singlehandedly, I believe that the Yoshida Brothers have acctually kinda revided the instrument with people of the younger generation so it isn't only older men and women playing.

They play a decent amount internationally and have become relatively well-known through a large part of the music community of the world.

Did anyone else know of them/like them before I posted this?

Oh yeah. If you watch TV, there's a good chance you've heard their music. Their song, Kodo (Inside the Sun Remix) has been used in Wii commercials for the last year or so.

Link to wiki.theppn article.
    Link to Youtube search for "yoshida brothers."
    My personal favorites are "Rising" and "Storm." Rising is the first on the Youtube thing, Storm is in they documentary with Cyro Baptista. Let it load and then go about half way in.