Dragon Bane
*^_^*

Old 01-29-2009, 06:24 AM

Vina had her eyes closed, though she was awake. Every now and then she'd open her eyes and look up at Tabitha as though to question her, though no words came from the infant's mouth or found their way into Tabitha's mind.

Matthew woke up, going to the bathroom to wash and dry his face. He made his way into the kitchen, making a couple pieces of toast and heading out into the living room with them. Spotting Tabitha and Vina, he leaned against the wall and watched them for a few minutes in silence, taking a couple bites of his toast.

Merrihop
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-29-2009, 07:08 AM

Tabitha would pause when Vina looked up at her, and smile softly. When they reached a good stopping place, she glanced down at the child and stroked her head, "If I could tell what you were thinking, little one, I'd be glad to answer you... I wish I could..." She smiled softly, before adjusting herself and the baby in her chair and starting to read once more in that gentle, quiet voice, completely unaware that Matthew was watching.

Dragon Bane
*^_^*

Old 01-29-2009, 09:56 AM

She looked back up at Tabitha, but didn't pull her gaze away, instead blinking slowly several times, as though concentrating on something. She managed to put her desire into a feeling, not quite words, and she was only able to implant the question in Tabitha's mind. 'What does his name mean?'

Merrihop
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-29-2009, 10:03 AM

Tabitha's ears perked, and she blinked down at Vina for a moment, "Was that you?... Oh my... Well... If I remember correctly, his name means 'peace' or 'serenity'... depending on the... er... context..." She paused for a moment, then knit her eyebrows together. Why had she used the word "context" when talking to an infant. She was just going to confuse the poor girl. She blinked back the the thought, though, and looked back down at the baby, "I didn't think you'd be able to talk to me, little one."

Dragon Bane
*^_^*

Old 01-29-2009, 10:33 AM

She blinked slowly at Tabitha, a look of complete understanding of Tabitha's words on her face. Matthew stood fully, returning to the kitchen to make himself some more toast. He couldn't help but smile just a little to himself.

Merrihop
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-29-2009, 10:35 AM

Tabitha started at Vina for a moment, her eyes wide with wonder. She could hardly believe a little one so small, could already understand so easily. After a moment, she smiled warmly, turning to the next page and touching her cheek softly against the infant's silky head as she continued to read.

Dragon Bane
*^_^*

Old 01-29-2009, 11:08 AM

After a little while, she looked back up at Tabitha, blinking slowly and trying to let her know that she was hungry. A few moments later, Matthew returned to the living room, holding a warm bottle for Vina. Going over to the two, he sat lightly on the arm of the chair and offered the bottle to Tabitha.

"It seems she's talking with you now," he said with a slight smile. "I wasn't sure if she'd be able to or not."

Merrihop
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-29-2009, 11:12 AM

Tabitha raised her head, glancing up at Matthew and blushing softly, "I wasn't sure either... I guess it's a little bit more difficult with me, since I'm not from a clan or anything." She took the bottle and gently offered it to Vina, the tip of her tail shifting ever so slightly, "Maybe it'll get a little bit easier, since she's managed it once already?"

Dragon Bane
*^_^*

Old 01-29-2009, 11:28 AM

Vina reached out, tiny fists grabbing either side of the nipple on the bottom and began to suck on it, holding on to it while she did so.

"Maybe," Matthew said, leaning his back against the edge of the chair and closing his eyes. "We can only hope."

Merrihop
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-29-2009, 11:42 AM

Tabitha glanced down at Vina, smiling warmly, "I hope so... It would be nice to have a better idea of what's going on in that sweet little head." She looked up at Matthew, perking an ear at him gently, "I don't have work today... maybe we should take her to the aquarium or something... do you think she'd enjoy that?"

Dragon Bane
*^_^*

Old 01-29-2009, 11:44 AM

"I'm not sure... Being out in public might scare her. She's awfully young, and still getting over a bad trauma..."

Merrihop
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-30-2009, 08:28 AM

Tabitha nodded softly, brushing her fingertips over the infant's forehead before she glanced up at Matthew again, "Maybe it's a good day to rent movies and stay in, then. My plan was to spend all the time I could with you guys today."

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 02-10-2009, 08:00 AM

After a few days had passed by, Somers was at the library by himself again, the table he was sitting at stacked high with several piles of reference materials and books on local history.

Merrihop
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-10-2009, 08:05 AM

Dylan was heading toward the front with an empty book cart whens he spotted Somers. Smiling and perking her ears, she pulled it over and tilted her head at him, "Hey. I wasn't expecting you to be in today!" She parked the cart beside the table and quietly sat down in an empty chair, "How are you and Shin doing?"

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 02-10-2009, 08:24 AM

"Shin's doing well. He's at the zoo with his grandmother right now," he said, pulling off a pair of thin-rimmed glasses. "I'm not doing so well, unfortunately," he sighed. "I'm trying to do some research but I'm running out of luck."

Merrihop
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-10-2009, 08:25 AM

Dylan perked her ears, "Oh? Well you've come to the right place. What is it you're looking for? Maybe I can help."

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 02-10-2009, 08:29 AM

"I'm looking for history on the Dons in this city. From a hundred years ago leading up to today. I've only found a little about the oldest ones, but I can't find anything other than brief mentions of the more recent ones."

Merrihop
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-10-2009, 08:53 AM

Dylan thought a moment, twitching her ears, "Well... Maybe we can get you some help in the records room?"

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 02-10-2009, 09:08 AM

"I dunno. I've looked online and in as many books as I can find. I've even looked on the microfiche machine. I can't find what I need."

Merrihop
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-13-2009, 06:49 AM

Dylan decided she'd take her breaks all at once and basically leave work early when one of the archivists told she and Somers where they could find more information. The city contact had been a great deal of help, but Dylan never did make it back to the library for work. By the time they were done, it was getting dark and the library was about to close down for the night. Dylan had made a mad dash to get her belongings and came back outside, sighing quietly, "That was close. I'm not really allowed an employee key..."