Sir.Spoon
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-02-2007, 12:31 AM

River returned to the counter to see Lanya.
"Pardon me, Ms. Lanya, I'm River" he paused, thinking of something else. "I'm very appreciative of you allowing me to stay here, even if it is just temporary." he looked around, taking in the space, "How long have you owned the place?"

LanyaD
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-02-2007, 12:35 AM

"Oh i havet owned the place for that long. i just created it really. why do you ask?"

Sir.Spoon
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-02-2007, 12:40 AM

"Oh just wondering, I thought you may have inherited it or something. Could you explain to me why the dragons...nice artwork, sculpture, I mean. Looking at the columns..."But why dragons?"

LanyaD
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-02-2007, 12:45 AM

"Well i supose because its part of my history. I was a dragon keeper for a number of years. there is even a bit of dragon liniage in my blood but not enough to make it visible in my features. I love dragons, and being around them brings me peace." She said for an explination.

Phantasmagoria
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-02-2007, 03:16 AM

The women smiled happily, suprized that she was hired so fast. "thats it?...Well thank you." she pushed a hair out of her face and looked around. "where do I start?"

Aya_san
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Aya_san Send a message via MSN to Aya_san

Old 11-02-2007, 04:05 AM

Name: Aya Yoshida
Race: Elven
Bio: Her family was slaughtered in a raid on their village from bandits. She wandered the earth until she met the love of her life: Touya. They began their life together. However, his family was against it, for he was a vampire while she was an elf. They ran away, trying to find a place where it will accept them both for who they are. She is currently pregnant with a child, and is due in another month.
Picture:

Name: Touya Yoshida
Race: Vampire
Bio: He was born the youngest in a high standing vampire family. He was always the odd one out, however. He would always go into the forest collecting pretty things, such as a beautiful flower. However odd he was, Touya's parents barred him from nothing - except when he met Aya. They would not hear of Touya being a weakling and loving someone other than a vampire. He eventually eloped with Aya, seeking a place where they can live peacefully with their unborn child.
Picture:

Aya_san
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Aya_san Send a message via MSN to Aya_san

Old 11-02-2007, 04:14 AM

Aya walked through the doorway, slightly shivering from the chilly air outside.

Touya followed quickly behind her, wrapping a comforting arm around his love. "This looks like a good place to rest, don't you think?" Getting a nod in response, he smiled and guided her towards a table while he headed towards the bar.

LanyaD
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-02-2007, 04:41 AM

Lanya looked to the newcommers. "Welcome to the Black Dragon how may i help you both?" she asked taking one last drag of her clove before crushing it out.

Phantasmagoria
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-02-2007, 04:57 PM

Jayde walked over and sat on a tall barstool, waiting for customers to come and looking around. A few people came and she waited for them to find a table and get comfortable before walking over to them, practicing her smile for a split second as she passed a mirror. "Hello, would you like to order something?"

LanyaD
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-02-2007, 07:16 PM

Lanya tilted back in her chair one leathery boot resting on the edge of the ebony bar top. her staff could handle the few customers that were trickling in she suposed. she would continue to watch however. a book brought out she began to write down a few things that yet would need to be done.

Sir.Spoon
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-02-2007, 10:18 PM

River walked over to Lanya,
"That thing you said about dragons, how you have a bit of dragon blood in you - do you feel...I don't know, safe? I mean after all these stories people are telling...about the hunters.

LanyaD
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-02-2007, 10:28 PM

She smirked looking up from the note book. "You dont know me very well. if you did then you would know there is nothing i fear. Through out the years ive had poachers, slayers, assasins and apostles of death after me. and im still standing." She closed the notebook softly. "Besides if they are dragon hunters theres hardly enough dragon in me to bother with. now if they were after demons they might be a bother to me. i may not look it but im hardly a pushover."

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 11-02-2007, 10:46 PM

Narfin ran, darting back and forth, small silk tendrils flowed behind him. He was late for his shift and he didn't want to keep his boss waiting for him, or worse find someone else to fill in for him. He enjoyed what he did, he ruffled up a few patrons now and then just to keep the peace of course.
A window was open, and it was closer than the front door. He leaped forward clearing a decrepit fence and a few shrubs, two of his left arms caught the top of the sill and he swung into the tavern. He landed on top of one of the longer tables. Apologizing he stepped down and made his way over to Lanya.
"Sorry about that boss...I thought I was going to be late, and the window was open..." he trailed off trying to explain his actions.

Sir.Spoon
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-02-2007, 10:48 PM

"Afraid of nothing? You ought to be afraid of something, it's only human to fear something."He stated firmly, thinking about his darkest deepest fears, ever since his house went up in smoke he was terrified.
"You're not scared of anything in such an unpredictable time? Pardon me, but I find that impossible

For it was only a week ago he smelt the acrid smoke carrying the scent of his wife's delicate flesh, the persecution had begun. A new witch craze, one with new meaning and a new fire to keep it going.

All they did were simple rituals, worshiping the goddess and the horned one, if only he'd stayed instead of gone to the fields to pick corn for the Sahmain feast, perhaps he'd been in summerland, instead of here.

"-umm...what did you mean if they were hunting demons? "

He looked over at the window and saw a man,
"Who's the new guy?"

LanyaD
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-02-2007, 11:12 PM

"To fear something is to lead into hate and prejeduce against something or someone that cant help being what they are." she said softly. looking at the interesting entrance of the new person.

"Nice entrance darling but are you sure you're on my payrole?" She asked Narfin. before turning back to River.

"And as i stated earlier, if they were after demons i would probably be a target because i am a demon. sure i look human but illusions work wonders. And anyone in theese walls will be protected by me. Just incase you think its not so safe being here."

Sir.Spoon
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-02-2007, 11:32 PM

"What do you mean safe? Awfully sorry if I'm pestering you, but could one hurt themselves while cutting a piece of meat here? Or choke?
I saw the arena...and well...is that not a place of battle? Would one not get hurt...I'm awfully confused."

Demon? How is that possible? I thought demons were monstrous creatures from imagination, from fables. Spirits were real, but demons? Impossible. He thought to himself.

He raised his voice to get the attention of the man at the window

"Hey, come over here, introduce yourself."

LanyaD
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-02-2007, 11:43 PM

"I mean safe as in no one here will die. should someone come in trying to kill you, i would stop them. or the bouncer would." she said with a nod toward the one who had jumped through the window. "As for the arena its to let those with pent up agression to get rid of it. i doubt anyone would die in there. and most likely any injuries could be healed."

Sir.Spoon
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-02-2007, 11:55 PM

"Oh, I see. Well, I ought to be finding something to do. Do I have a cot or something I could sleep on? Or borrow a blanket, it's all I need.

LanyaD
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-03-2007, 12:01 AM

She let her foot drop off the edge of the bartop as she got to her feet. walking down to a drawr in the bar. she pulled out a key and tossed it to him. "you my dear get a room. just up the stairs the number on the key matches the number on the door. the rooms yours as long as you like."

Sir.Spoon
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-03-2007, 12:19 AM

River grabbed the silver key, looked down at it, 4. It was engraved delicately into it's shiny exterior.
He walked down the hallway, his feet beating out hollow echoes.
It didn't take long for him to find the door, he inserted the key into the brass lock. He turned, and he turned, and nothing happened. He wouldn't force it, because it was just slipping in the lock, rotating without friction like he was churning butter.

"Ummm...Ms, the key isn't working. He called out, hoping she would come to his assistance, but he kept turning the key hoping for something

LanyaD
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-03-2007, 12:29 AM

Lanya couldnt help but smirk and followed after him since he had called for asisstance. she looked at the door and touched the lock with a finger. there was an audible click as it unlocked. "Guess theres a kink in the bars spells." she reached down and turned the knob. opening the door for him to reveal a well furnished room having its own bathroom and double bed. "I supose i should go tinker with the spell unless you would like to work on it. you are the handyman after all."

Phantasmagoria
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-03-2007, 12:33 AM

Jayde looked up from washing a table and went to see if there was something else that needed done. there werent many people and they were all served.She went back to sitting and people watching at the bar.

LanyaD
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-03-2007, 01:40 AM

Lanya wandered back down the stairs to the bar. "Sure is quiet isnt it Jayde?" She held a spell book in her arms. setting it down on the bar she began to rifle through the pages.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 11-03-2007, 01:43 AM

"My apologies again, I have forgotten to introduce myself. I am Narfin Feis, a spider gorgon." Narfin bowed his head, white silken hair draping down around his face. "I had thought you had received my word of my wish to work for you... If I was mistaken I can remove myself." He scuffed his feet on the ground and his arms fiddled with the cobwebs that surrounded him. He remembered himself, stood up tall and smiled to the people around. His sharp teeth glinted in the fire light, he wasn't trying to be menacing, but it always came across that way.

LanyaD
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-03-2007, 01:51 AM

she chuckled softly at him. looking him over with her gold catlike eyes. "Its alright. no harm done. and welcome to the black dragon. as an employee you may help yourself to whatever drink or food you want. just no eating the customers." She said with another smirk before looking back at the large spell book.