ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-02-2023, 05:03 PM

oh wow! speed crafter sounds like it was good practice, even if it got frustrating. it never hurts to be good at making something fast.

DaisyKeehl
Inactive menace

Old 01-02-2023, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R u b y View Post
Omg that's great xD my dad used to joke about nose warmers, it's funny to me to see them around on the interwebs now xD I've actually made one for my mom unironically, she asked for it because her nose is legit always freezing lol

Right?! Cats are my favorite He's been with us 2 years this month and he's already progressed so much He used to not even like pets but I can hold him somewhat (for a few seconds) and he doesn't outright hate it and he loves pets xD I have hope he'll be a snuggler but if not he's already lovey and I love him

Oh nice! :D I learned basic chain when I was a kid but my grandma didn't want to teach me anything so I taught myself in 2015 lol Been crocheting ever since xD I love amigurumi! I don't make many garments unless it's a hat, I mostly make amigurumi~ Although I do also love mosaic crochet and I've been making my bestie a scarf haha it's be summer by the time she gets it at this rate because I keep ignoring it
If you ever need/want tips and tricks or just to talk about it my inbox/threads/discord is always open feel free to send me a message :3

I have lots of wips but I did make my mom a latte for christmas! :D and I'm making her another snowman but it's half done xD typically if I don't finish something in one sitting it never gets done xD

SPOILERX

Turned out a little wonkier than I wanted but she loved it
Haha, I love that you've made her one unironically. I hope my roomie uses it unironically. They're always freezing! EVEN DURING THE SUMMER

That is still amazing progress! I love that for you, aaa. What type of cat is he?
I have a brown tabby and a white domestic medium(?) hair. They're the best of buds, but they're both a little sick right now. I think the temp change hit them good. (they're indoor, but sleep a lot next to the window despite having loads of blankets everywhere else)

That's awesome! I am more on the garment side at the moment, I want to get more into amigurumi! I love that latte, so cute
I would love to get your discord if possible. I am more active on there, but it'd be nice to have a crochet buddy around That doesn't even look wonky. Your rows look amazing.

I keep making tops too big for me! That is my main issue. I keep forgetting there is a stretch to it and I have to account for it-- so if I want a form fit I need to drop a few chains
I have a sweater im working on, but I only finished the sleeves. I have to get more yarn.

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 01-02-2023, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostPastry View Post
oh wow! speed crafter sounds like it was good practice, even if it got frustrating. it never hurts to be good at making something fast.
Haha yeah I tend to work pretty fast now xD I think I was just tired, I had to make the top 3 times because I kept not liking the tension xD I decided last minute to add something for her presents and then we didn't even end up opening presents for like 2 more days because I didn't feel good lol But yeah~ she loves her coffee and she adds rediwhip so she absolutely loved it, she was like "I wanna eat it!" I wanna scale it up and make her a life size version :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyKeehl View Post
Haha, I love that you've made her one unironically. I hope my roomie uses it unironically. They're always freezing! EVEN DURING THE SUMMER

That is still amazing progress! I love that for you, aaa. What type of cat is he?
I have a brown tabby and a white domestic medium(?) hair. They're the best of buds, but they're both a little sick right now. I think the temp change hit them good. (they're indoor, but sleep a lot next to the window despite having loads of blankets everywhere else)

That's awesome! I am more on the garment side at the moment, I want to get more into amigurumi! I love that latte, so cute
I would love to get your discord if possible. I am more active on there, but it'd be nice to have a crochet buddy around That doesn't even look wonky. Your rows look amazing.

I keep making tops too big for me! That is my main issue. I keep forgetting there is a stretch to it and I have to account for it-- so if I want a form fit I need to drop a few chains
I have a sweater im working on, but I only finished the sleeves. I have to get more yarn.
He's an orange and white tabby :3 I just posted a bunch of pics of him for Pastry Over Here in this post :3 and my post after that has a few more and some vids of him playing~
I hope your kitties feel better soon! Timmy is an indoor only cat as well~

Aww thanks! :3 I can share the pattern with you if you want! It's free on a blog :3 I did the handle different but it's literally just a tube of 6 sc til I got the length I wanted xD
Yes absolutely! I'm pretty active on discord too and I also need a crochet buddy! My discord is Ruby#0667 :3

haha reasons why I don't make clothes xD I don't feel like swatching before making stuff xD and I worry about having to wash what I made so I just stick to hats and scarves lol

DaisyKeehl
Inactive menace

Old 01-02-2023, 06:32 PM

Quote:
He's an orange and white tabby :3 I just posted a bunch of pics of him for Pastry Over Here in this post :3 and my post after that has a few more and some vids of him playing~
I hope your kitties feel better soon! Timmy is an indoor only cat as well~

Aww thanks! :3 I can share the pattern with you if you want! It's free on a blog :3 I did the handle different but it's literally just a tube of 6 sc til I got the length I wanted xD
Yes absolutely! I'm pretty active on discord too and I also need a crochet buddy! My discord is Ruby#0667 :3

haha reasons why I don't make clothes xD I don't feel like swatching before making stuff xD and I worry about having to wash what I made so I just stick to hats and scarves lol
Definitely. I tend to be a very visual learner, but I have been learning how to read patterns lately too. Feel free to share anything! I bookmark a lot of things at this time.
Will go ahead and add you shortly

Hats and scarves are fun though. You can just sit down and absentmindedly make 'em! Meanwhile, other things I have to count or pay attention.

I am in love with your cat! He looks so huggable dflnsdkn aaaa
If I wasn't on my work comp, I would attach my babies here too. Maybe I will throw you a pic or two on disc later. Orange cats are great. I was recently blessed with one to take care of. I rescued her off of the streets and found her a home. First time I actually had an orange cat under my roof and boy was she a handful.

R u b y

Old 01-02-2023, 06:43 PM

Me too! Youtube videos was how I learned pretty much everything haha pattern reading is so intimidating at first but once you know the lingo its pretty easy~ And I'm here to help now too if you have any questions :3 I like to help~
I'll have to get it on my phone I don't remember the blog but I have it open still xD I'll message your discord with it~

Yes! I can make a bucket hat in an hour lol I've made so many xD They're so comfy and warm and not tight so you don't even remember you're wearing it. Lol one time I was laying in bed and was freezing but didn't want to get up and I had some yarn and my hooks near me so I just whipped out a hat, put it on and was able to go to sleep finally xD I didn't even weave in the tails because I wanted the warm NAO xD

Aww thank you! He's so cute and I tell him that a million times a day

Oranges are my favorite, I've been obsessed since forever. We recently lost our two full orange boys, twins from the same litter. I had them since I was 10 and I miss them so much. I wouldn't trade Timmy either tho. This was them

SPOILERX

I'd love to see pics of your babies! :3

MacSen191
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-02-2023, 07:22 PM

Awww! Such cute kitties Ruby!

R u b y

Old 01-02-2023, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacSen191 View Post
Awww! Such cute kitties Ruby!
Aww thank you! I'm glad I have so many pics of them to remember them by

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-03-2023, 03:07 AM

*wanders into the thread and goes and curls up in the corner*

DaisyKeehl
Inactive menace

Old 01-03-2023, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirin Rosenbaum View Post
*wanders into the thread and goes and curls up in the corner*
What's up Kirin babs?

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 01-03-2023, 11:33 PM

Oops I disappeared for like a week. >< Holidays always take longer than the actual days; lots of traveling and visiting and ..ehh, drinking.

D.J. Dead
v.v

Old 01-03-2023, 11:53 PM

I poofed too it was a crazy last few days at work and home lol

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-04-2023, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyKeehl View Post
What's up Kirin babs?
I was so exhausted on Monday. I always am more exhausted on my first day back to work after the weekend.

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 01-04-2023, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWEEP View Post
Oops I disappeared for like a week. >< Holidays always take longer than the actual days; lots of traveling and visiting and ..ehh, drinking.
Drinking! Cheers! Something I'm good at XD

But yeah, I stayed up way late with some nice cheap bubbly on New Years Eve and I'm still paying for it I hope everyone is having a good new years so far though!!

R u b y

Old 01-04-2023, 08:47 AM

Lol I totally forgot about the time and missed it because I was updating my event threads

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-05-2023, 03:00 AM

I did nothing special for NYE.

R u b y

Old 01-05-2023, 04:37 PM

I didn’t really either besides sending texts so my phone would make fireworks xD but that was literally it

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-05-2023, 05:40 PM

Quote:
I didn’t really either besides sending texts so my phone would make fireworks xD but that was literally it
Okay question time, has it always done that? Because someone sent me a Happy NY text and it did it and then I proceeded to send a bunch more just to watch it again I thought maybe it was me who never knew it did this! And is it only on iphone, or does android do it too?

R u b y

Old 01-05-2023, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R a n d e h View Post
Okay question time, has it always done that? Because someone sent me a Happy NY text and it did it and then I proceeded to send a bunch more just to watch it again I thought maybe it was me who never knew it did this! And is it only on iphone, or does android do it too?
Its been doing it for years it’ll do it automatically if you just send happy new year, and it’ll send confetti for congratulations and balloons for happy birthday.
But you can also send these things with ANY text if you hold the send button.
It’ll pull up “send with effect” and you switch it to “screen” (there’s 2 options at the top) then you can scroll thru which thing you want to send. Then just hit send from there and viola :D

Idk if it works on andriods

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-05-2023, 07:18 PM

@Ruby - Oh my goodness I feel like I need to text more often. I know on FB messenger it does the Happy Birthday thing but I didn't realize on text too haha! Due to covid, I've been sleeping for the last couple NYE so I never knew about this little fancy hack! I feel so old LOL

I was today years old when I learned that you can send any text with an effect! AMAZING! Thank you for this little bit of knowledge haha! I love watching tiktoks for these types of learnings :P

Android people should just get iPhone's anyways

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 01-05-2023, 08:58 PM

Huzzah! The forums are abuzz. How you doing hummy? Hope you're well :)

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-05-2023, 09:15 PM

It appears Hummy has not found her way back to us yet

R u b y

Old 01-05-2023, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R a n d e h View Post
@Ruby - Oh my goodness I feel like I need to text more often. I know on FB messenger it does the Happy Birthday thing but I didn't realize on text too haha! Due to covid, I've been sleeping for the last couple NYE so I never knew about this little fancy hack! I feel so old LOL

I was today years old when I learned that you can send any text with an effect! AMAZING! Thank you for this little bit of knowledge haha! I love watching tiktoks for these types of learnings :P

Android people should just get iPhone's anyways
No problem! Glad I could help! :D
I don’t text that often either, just my mom and my aunt lol I’m usually on fb messenger or discord so I get it xD

Lol and right? Iphone > android

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-05-2023, 11:43 PM

Haha I only text my husband and a few other people from our Lions Club! Plus with FB MSG, I can see when everyone has read my message and I don’t have to judge them for having green android texts LOL

R u b y

Old 01-06-2023, 12:25 AM

Haha not the green text
I think my aunt is the only one who has read receipts on her texts. We turned ours off. I’m used to fb having them but thats when I just don’t open messages til I’m ready

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 01-06-2023, 01:30 AM

Is this an apple or an android.