jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-22-2010, 10:55 PM

Hey guys,

We've noticed a huge decline in the amount of posts users are making since the introduction of our branded games. We feel strongly that this is due to how easy it is to make gold from the games, and we want to try to shift the focus back from the games to the forums. For this reason, we have decided it is in our best interests to test out dropping the gold cap to 250g per day. If this doesn't work then we'll change it back, but otherwise we hope this willhelp to bring more life back into the forums.

The games afterall aren't supposed to be the primary thing on this site, we've always been proud of our happy little Mene family, and it makes us pretty sad to think people are just playing games and not chatting with each other any more. So we're doing the mean parent-type thing and limiting your game play time! :twisted:

This is just an experiment though, so please don't freak out :)

crazymuch
The Origional
Penpal

Old 08-22-2010, 11:00 PM

I think this is a good idea. I miss getting to talk to folk because they are so busy playing games for fast gold.

Dante's Inferno
The Forsaken
Send a message via MSN to Dante's Inferno

Old 08-22-2010, 11:02 PM

Ohh, I think this might make a lot of people angry. I don't mind, as I chat a lot of Wallflowers (not so much on this account, but on my main account) but yeah, I can see a lot of people getting made about this.

scholar
yes, really

Old 08-22-2010, 11:12 PM

I totally just noticed this -- gah! Well, it makes sense. I'm obviously not happy about this, as I'm questing a Queen's Crown, but I can understand why you guys would do it.

There's also the fact that a lot of schools are starting up again, and wouldn't posting get slim anyway based on the school schedule?

Forsaken Eyes
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-22-2010, 11:17 PM

I really think this is a good idea. We can get a pretty good amount of gold from posting and RPing, so why should we spend all our time playing games?
I was at the arcade and I was like- 500/250G Okay. Glitch.
But I guess it's real D:
Oh well. It'll force users to post more :3

EDIT:: First page, woot :)

scholar
yes, really

Old 08-22-2010, 11:19 PM

Well, posting and RPing are a lot slower than the games. Some people I know say they made 500 gold a day posting, but that's 500/.02 per character = 25,000 characters per day, so maybe 5000 words a day. That's the equivalent of a 20-page double-spaced paper!

Forsaken Eyes
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-22-2010, 11:21 PM

Yeah, I suppose it is a lot less gold from posting, but I guess it also emphasizes that gold isn't everything on Mene. It's a social community for talking to others. So getting gold should be like a reward for posting :)

Aoi Kazuya
"I'm nobody, who are you?"

Old 08-22-2010, 11:23 PM

I don't play the games much anyway, so it doesn't really affect me. I guess. I like roleplaying just for the heck of roleplaying so I don't really notice my gold intake much unless I'm questing for something and even then I don't really pay attention to it. It'd be nice to have more people posting again to talk to. Just hope you guys don't get a lot of e-mails from people complaining ^^

Skullushka
Skully

Old 08-22-2010, 11:29 PM

I was flailing for a few minutes... I don't have much free time in the day, and sometimes when I'm sick, the only gold I can get for the day is through games. Dx This is going to bring my quests back a few days... I'm not happy about it at all, but if it brings more people to the site, I can deal with it.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 08-22-2010, 11:37 PM

I usually get bored long before reaching the 500p a day mark anyway and ended up around that amount most of the time. I don't see how people can do it.

Fable
OH LEO~

Old 08-22-2010, 11:38 PM

I was wondering why I wasn't earning any more gold. xDD

I think this could be a good idea though. (: I mean, it makes it a bit harder for people who don't have a lot of time to post to make gold, but I think it will bring the community together more. (:

Later I just know I'll be cursing because I won't be able to reach my goals as fast now. xDD

kasakir
Now you see me...

Old 08-22-2010, 11:50 PM

._.
that was my only way to make a bit money, because i cant chat a lot with people i dont know very well.
i love the people here but its hard to chat when someone isnt so good in english, like me.

i was so glad that i have made 500g per day. T_T

i dont have so much time per day to chat so much around
and with that games i have bought the items i wanted so much :(

Nolori
Everyone's Favorite Imaginary Fr...

Old 08-22-2010, 11:52 PM

I can see where you guys are coming from and I totally hope it works! But I kind of feel like the people who are going to post in the forums already will. Is that just me? The people who want to be a part of the community will do so even if they do hit 500g in the games forums and otherwise will just hit the 250g mark and leave again anyway.

I don't mean to sound like I'm complaing about it because it really doesn't bother me either way I only play tetris and spazwalk anyway. But it just seems and odd choice to me?

crazymuch
The Origional
Penpal

Old 08-22-2010, 11:52 PM

I tried the arcade once and really didn't like it, to be honest. I am horrible at the games and it took me forever to "win" a paltry amount of gold. but this is a community where we come together to hang out and chat. I didn't understand where games really needed to come into the picture in the first place. though I do know many people who love the games and go on and on about their high scores and more power to them!

also, you can easily earn more per post if you post more than a couple words. this would mean you have to be more thoughtful and put more into your posts which is NEVER a bad thing!

BoomBoom
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to BoomBoom

Old 08-22-2010, 11:53 PM

Good idea, though my friend left this site cos the cap was first dropped from whatever it used to be to 500. I don't think it's the games that are keeping people from talking, it's the lack of interest.

I don't talk much here, I will admit that but that's cos I like the events... in them I get real active, but otherwise I'm too just too busy!

crazymuch
The Origional
Penpal

Old 08-22-2010, 11:54 PM

oh! that reminds me! I do know lots of people who really only play the games when there isn't anybody around to chat to. those days or hours when just nobody seems to be here.

----------

I don't know as putting a gold cap on the games would discourage them to hang out until folks show up or not.

scholar
yes, really

Old 08-22-2010, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolori View Post
I can see where you guys are coming from and I totally hope it works! But I kind of feel like the people who are going to post in the forums already will. Is that just me? The people who want to be a part of the community will do so even if they do hit 500g in the games forums and otherwise will just hit the 250g mark and leave again anyway.

I don't mean to sound like I'm complaing about it because it really doesn't bother me either way I only play tetris and spazwalk anyway. But it just seems and odd choice to me?
I think you've got something here, Nolori -- I don't really post to earn gold, I post when there are people around I want to talk to, and my mood changes often. Somedays I'm just not into chatting aimlessly, and other days I am.

BoomBoom
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to BoomBoom

Old 08-22-2010, 11:58 PM

Oh and I forgot to mention different Time Zones - you can't always find people on at your time, for an example when I come on the forums are a bloody ghost town, that is uberly sloooow - the only reason I'm on so early today is cos I stayed home from my course.

Raiding around the forums for small blips of life are really exhausting for me and I bet for everyone else too! Games fill the gap for people who can't be there to find 'friends' to talk to so easily.

Kaema
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-23-2010, 12:03 AM

My first reaction was "NOOO D:" but then I realized that I hardly ever make it to 500 gold in a day anyway. xD
This sounds like a good idea, although I'm not very chatty myself... :sweat: Maybe this will help! :lol:

M i r o
Comatose

Old 08-23-2010, 12:06 AM

You don't really make that much gold from games...
You have to play for hours on end just to get the complete 500 gold.

So, it doesn't really make any sense. o.0;

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 08-23-2010, 12:07 AM

Oh whaaat? That's a little much don't you think, Jelly? :(

Kah Hilzin-Ec
The little creep with the weird ...
Send a message via MSN to Kah Hilzin-Ec

Old 08-23-2010, 12:07 AM

Oh my, does that mean I'll have to go back to pulling each other's hairs and shaking floors at the Debates to earn a decent amount of gold (and entertainment)? :lol:

Not to be a pessimist, but in my case, I'll end up doing what I did when my internet died: Make cardboard glasses :insane:

---
Miro, I took less than 30 minutes to reach the cap... :ninja:

XxPERFECTxMESSxX
Spreading the yaoi since 1995 ;D
Send a message via AIM to XxPERFECTxMESSxX

Old 08-23-2010, 12:08 AM

aww :[ i never really got to the 500 gold limit but i guess if i ever get to the 250 gold limit ill feel very accomplished xD
just playing games on the site is boring anyways.... GO POSTING! ;D

Keyori
Stalked by BellyButton

Old 08-23-2010, 12:16 AM

I totally support this. I've seen many accounts that seem to have dressed their avis really well without posting a single thing! Not even a fresh meat thread! D:

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 08-23-2010, 12:16 AM

:lol:
Now it will only take me 30 minutes.
Hopefully common prices and CI prices go down too?
:ninja: