Nepenthe
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-24-2013, 09:42 PM

I'm not even allowed to say on Facebook that I bought furniture from somewhere else because my store didn't have what I was looking for.

Kind of makes me angry -- like, that's my freedom of speech you're stepping on there, guys! -- but to be honest I don't usually have anything negative to say about the company I work for, it's just the staff sometimes. xD

Damia Flagg
(^(エ)^)
Penpal

Old 02-24-2013, 09:46 PM

Some places do seem to of gone crazy about what people post on facebook or other sites.
I have heard people talk about getting into trouble at work for posting stuff.
That is part of the reason I never tell anyone where I work at.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
I'm not even allowed to say on Facebook that I bought furniture from somewhere else because my store didn't have what I was looking for.

Kind of makes me angry -- like, that's my freedom of speech you're stepping on there, guys! -- but to be honest I don't usually have anything negative to say about the company I work for, it's just the staff sometimes. xD
Do you work for a furniture company?

It's like when I worked at a KFC/Taco Bell/ Pizza hut...and we served pepsi products. and every now and then a coca-cola driver would come in to get food but would NEVER order a drink because they aren't allowed to drink the competitor's products XD

---------- Post added 02-24-2013 at 09:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damia Flagg View Post
Some places do seem to of gone crazy about what people post on facebook or other sites.
I have heard people talk about getting into trouble at work for posting stuff.
That is part of the reason I never tell anyone where I work at.
I just post happy things on facebook these days - don't want anythin to come back and bite me XD

Bubble
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-24-2013, 09:51 PM

I'm back. :D A little less sanity.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 09:52 PM

uh-oh? LESS sanity? why? XD

Bubble
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-24-2013, 09:56 PM

My brother, is really messy and lazy. Trying to get him to actually do anything is next to impossible. It's 10pm on Sunday and he still has half his homework to do. He should be in bed half an hour ago.

I don't get why companies try to control people's lives. Their jobs shouldn't be related to personal affairs. o_o

Last edited by Bubble; 02-24-2013 at 09:59 PM..

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble View Post
My brother, is really messy and lazy. Trying to get him to actually do anything is next to impossible. It's 10pm on Sunday and he still has half his homework to do. He should be in bad half an hour ago.
my brothers were both incredibly lazy. They wouldn't do their homework and eventually my mom had to sit with them until they did it ...and they would put it in their backpack and they were too lazy to turn it in D: So they did the work and got no credit D: XDDD

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-24-2013, 10:03 PM

Zig is back from grocery shopping.

jupiter
inactive account

Old 02-24-2013, 10:03 PM

Welcome back.

Ah, my parents were never like that. I learned that if I didn't do my homework, then I would suffer the consequences.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
Zig is back from grocery shopping.
welcome back :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
Welcome back.

Ah, my parents were never like that. I learned that if I didn't do my homework, then I would suffer the consequences.
Oh my brothers suffered. My mother, at first, made them sit and do homework with her next to them before they did ANYTHING else after getting home. When they just didn't turn it in...she made them start to get their planner signed EVERYDAY by the teacher that it had been turned in XD My brothers hated it but it made them work XD

Bubble
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-24-2013, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
my brothers were both incredibly lazy. They wouldn't do their homework and eventually my mom had to sit with them until they did it ...and they would put it in their backpack and they were too lazy to turn it in D: So they did the work and got no credit D: XDDD
My brother does that too sometimes. He puts stuff in his bag and then doesn't show it to the people he's supposed to. But it works both ways, when he has to give something to the teacher or when the teacher sends something for the parents.
And he also only does his homework if we force him. The worst bit is he has to do it over and over because he won't pay attention. GAAAAAH

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 10:08 PM

Quote:
My brother does that too sometimes. He puts stuff in his bag and then doesn't show it to the people he's supposed to. But it works both ways, when he has to give something to the teacher or when the teacher sends something for the parents.
And he also only does his homework if we force him. The worst bit is he has to do it over and over because he won't pay attention. GAAAAAH
As a teacher, I understand that half of what I try to send home with kids probably won't make it to the parents XDD

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-24-2013, 10:09 PM

There was one time my best friend was supposed to sleep over when I was in middle school but I forgot to bring home my spelling list and my mom didn't let her come over. I was soooo mad.

Bubble
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-24-2013, 10:11 PM

That's true. But I feel like his lack of responsibility is our fault, because we keep him under our wings, and he just doesn't value anything and has no sense of autonomy.
I have no idea how to educate a child. Can't imagine having kids. xD

jupiter
inactive account

Old 02-24-2013, 10:12 PM

That's embarrassing. I would get an earful if my cards came back with poor marks, but that's it. My parents didn't feel the need to coddle me into doing my homework.

As for restricting what employees do in their free time, it seems borderline. If you are wearing a uniform for work and "releasing trade secrets" or making libelous comments about the company, then perhaps you could be reprimanded for it. But to be on your own facebook in your own free time and say things about your company--even harmless ones--really strikes me as being unfair. Free speech has nothing to do with it anymore--what a joke.

My company wrote in an employee guidebook that employees are not allowed to talk about matters of salary, which is very illegal.

Bubble
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-24-2013, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
That's embarrassing. I would get an earful if my cards came back with poor marks, but that's it. My parents didn't feel the need to coddle me into doing my homework.

As for restricting what employees do in their free time, it seems borderline. If you are wearing a uniform for work and "releasing trade secrets" or making libelous comments about the company, then perhaps you could be reprimanded for it. But to be on your own facebook in your own free time and say things about your company--even harmless ones--really strikes me as being unfair. Free speech has nothing to do with it anymore--what a joke.

My company wrote in an employee guidebook that employees are not allowed to talk about matters of salary, which is very illegal.
I couldn't agree more with what you said. All of it!

No one ever helped me or forced me to do homework, I just knew I HAD to do it. And when I didn't, I knew it was my own fault and there was no crying about it.

My brother is having a very different education from what my sister and I had, because he's the baby. It annoys me so much!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
There was one time my best friend was supposed to sleep over when I was in middle school but I forgot to bring home my spelling list and my mom didn't let her come over. I was soooo mad.
We had sleepovers cancelled for stuff like that too D:

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-24-2013, 10:19 PM

It wasn't even like I failed the test! I just didn't bring the list home to study. V_V Parents can be mean.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 10:22 PM

As much as I think I would have once agreed with that - I'm starting to see that it was to teach responsibility so, even though it seems mean, it was good for me in the long run XD

Ace Strife
Teh Star Of Menewsha
Send a message via MSN to Ace Strife

Old 02-24-2013, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
Photoshop is nice but I just really love how sensitive SAI is <3 Opencanvas 1.1 is a really nice FREE program...at least I like it XDDD

Aw thank youuuu <333
erm I never heard of SAI or opencanvas *goes to check*

Bubble
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-24-2013, 10:31 PM

Open canvas is pretty good, and the little free version they have is what thought me to actually paint/build up color. I used to rely on the blend-y brushes on sai and corel painter, but not having fancy stuff teaches you a lot more.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 02-24-2013, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Strife View Post
erm I never heard of SAI or opencanvas *goes to check*
such good programs!

---------- Post added 02-24-2013 at 10:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Open canvas is pretty good, and the little free version they have is what thought me to actually paint/build up color. I used to rely on the blend-y brushes on sai and corel painter, but not having fancy stuff teaches you a lot more.
opencanvas 1.1 is a great free program :D

---------- Post added 02-24-2013 at 10:41 PM ----------

OTL - finding something to do with 6th grade....not sure what to do D: XD

Bubble
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-25-2013, 12:48 AM

Your new avi is even prettier! :)

Avalei
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-25-2013, 02:08 AM

Getting some last minute posts in before i go take a shower.

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 02-25-2013, 07:54 AM

I'm supposed to be reading a book for class and instead I'm on Mene trying to earn tokens. Bad me xP