Goblin Maiden
SUPAH KITTEH HAPPEH POWAH.

Old 06-12-2010, 08:34 PM

"Carla, Miss Murloh. Carla Piers." Carla shook hands with the young woman standing before her, smiling and nodding understandingly. "Oh, certainly, Miss Murloh. Pardon me for making assumptions, but it seems to me that he just doesn't quite understand us working-class folks. Why, it makes you wonder what exactly he wants with you when he doesn't even try to comprehend--"

Carla clapped a hand over her mouth, eyes wide. "Oh, forgive me, Miss Murloh! It isn't my place to be saying such things about your young man. And myself a stranger to you both at that! I don't know what came over me. Please forget what I just said."

Jareth, meanwhile, looked around at the man who had approached him. "Yes," he murmured. He did not know who this man was, but he did not seem to mean any harm. Rather the opposite, so Jareth decided to take it. "She does possess a temper, my Dawn. Constantly mishearing my words, reading too much into what I say. She claims to love me as I love her, but..."

A thought slowly entered his mind, one that he dreaded to entertain. "...How," he spoke at last, gazing earnestly at the man before him, "will we be able to live happily together if she will not even stay to hear me out?"

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-12-2010, 08:46 PM

"No, no, do not be silly. You are free to speak your opinions on the matter. You are right, he doesn't understand the working-class.. He has only watched me grow from afar, he has never been forced into the labor I have been forced into since birth.. But," Dawn spoke softly as she looked into the eyes of the woman before her, "I do believe he does try.. He just.. can't.. But.. as for what he wants with me..."

"I've wondered that myself," Dawn whispered as she stared at her hand, her right pointer finger caressing the spot on her left hand where a ring should be.

-

"Under such circumstances it is not believable to live happily; it will be nothing but constant fighting, you see, especially if you cannot even be sure if her love is true. But, if this is the way things always are - her running off when angry - does this not say something about her? Something you must over-come with her? It seems to me as if your young fiancee is a challenge to be met, and a rather difficult one at that.

"However, if this is something that always happens when she mishears, you must weigh your options. Think about what always happens when she runs off, think of what happens when and if she comes back, think about what happens after. Does she ever apologize for her misconduct and her rudeness? Does she ever try to make amends for her poor judgment and actions?

"If you ask me, my good sir, she is a hassle and you deserve far better than an ungrateful girl such as she," Jack added softly, gently; no disrespect intended.

Goblin Maiden

Old 06-13-2010, 09:18 PM

Oberon gazed into the crystal ball his wife held in her hand, nodding musingly. "This is a far better development to further our plans that any we could have put together ourselves."

"I agree, Oberon," Titania replied. She slid a hand over the surface of the ball; where her fingers touched, the image shimmered and rippled like water. Then both Dawn, Jareth, and their newfound companions disappeared just as Emilie walked up to them, smiling.

"It seems that you have fallen behind, High Majesties." Her eyes fell on the crystal ball in Titania's hand. "What do you have... Is that... Majesties, please! Dawn and Jareth, have you not tested them enough for one day? What are they being made to go through now?"

"It is nothing of our design," Oberon told her without a shred of guilt or guile; his expression was straightforward and factual.

"And yet it is all to help our designs," Titania added.

Emilie had a crystal ball of her own out and focused on the two lovers even before Titania had finished speaking. What she saw and heard made her gasp. "They've quarreled? They are having doubts..." Her lips turned down in sorrow. "What they went through this past year... Should that not have been enough to remove all doubts? Why now?"

"I think," Oberon murmured, "that the correct question is: why not before?"

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-14-2010, 02:11 PM

Pondering her question, Dawn unconsciously began to sing...

"Growing up I was such a love-sick fool,
Always playing games and dreaming up dreams.
Perhaps that's what my draw was,
Perhaps that's why he found me,
But now I cannot help but question,
Why me?"

"I just don't understand it, what could possibly be my draw? He does not even understand me," Dawn said helplessly as she turned to Carla.

Goblin Maiden

Old 07-13-2010, 06:09 PM

Jareth shook his head as he half-murmured, half-crooned,

"Ever such a struggle, being hidden from her all her life... Ever such a trouble since I made myself known. Now that we are together, there's been love, but also strife..."

Looking up at the man before him, his eyes sorrowful and his face drawn with worry, his heart inside was heavier than it had ever been.

"Would we be better off not together, but alone?"

Jareth put a hand over his face, drawing it down to reveal his features once more slowly, wearily.

"I try so hard to understand. I thought I knew her better than anyone. But now, I don't even know... Was I wrong?"

Carla reached to put her hand on Dawn's shoulder, in a manner meant to be comforting. It was obvious that the young woman was in doubt and feeling conflicted about matters that Carla herself might not be able to help. But she could do one thing...

"I was your age once. I know what it was like," she sang in a warm tone. "I know what it is like to love and have lost. Dear, what you should be thinking of now, is not of love, but of the cost."

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-13-2010, 06:35 PM

"Perhaps she's no the girl you knew. Perhaps she was the girl you wished her to be. Perhaps the real fiancee you've come to know now that you have her is not the girl you once dreamed! Think of all the quarreling, think of all the love and loss. Think of all the happiness, think of all the stress.

"Think, my good sir, and go where you heart leads you," Jack finished softly and a smile, "Do you believe she is worth the struggle? Do you believe her love is pure, her heart is true, her soul is genuine? Can you see yourself truly loving her and marrying her and spending your life with her with her temper? With her doubts?"

"The cost," Dawn repeated softly.

"The cost of love.
"The cost of life.
"The cost of having Jareth, in my life." Dawn sang softly.

"He's giving up so much, while I give up so little. But does he understand?" Dawn asked with a sigh.

"I used to believe he knew.
"I used to believe he cared.
"I used to sit and dream of all the happiness we shared.

"But all is lost.
"All that's endured,
"Can it truly be a cost or is it a cure,
"A cure for me,
"A cure for him,
"A cure to make us see us for the way we were, and who we are."

Goblin Maiden

Old 07-14-2010, 02:42 PM

"The doubts..." Jareth whispered as he turned away, trying desperately to think. Of a way, of anything, for him and Dawn to be happy together.

"The doubts of love. The doubts of life. The doubts of having Dawn within my life," Jareth sang, his voice rising richly with emotion.

"She thinks I don't understand," he said, turning back to face Jack. "Maybe I don't. Maybe it is not her who is not as I thought, but me..."

"I used to believe I knew. I used to believe I cared. I used to work and hope for all the happiness we should share..." Shaking his head, thoughtfulness showing through his sorrowful expression, he continued to sing,

"But she won't be lost. All that we've endured... Could never be a cost, but rather, a cure!"

His eyes were growing gradually brighter.

"A cure for me, a cure for her. A cure to make us see us for the way we were, and who we are!"

He resolutely proclaimed to Jack, "I've gone through her life living only for her. I endured a year of suffering and anguish and endless nights for her. I gave up my kingdom, I gave up my home... But at the same time, I gave up nothing. She is the only one that matters, after all.

"I've got to find her."

"Perhaps," Carla sang, "Who you were is not the same person you are now. Perhaps who he is is not the loved one you once knew. Things change over time, and hearts may, too. What you must think of now is what is best for him and for you."

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-14-2010, 06:20 PM

"Check the alleys, you'll find her soon enough," Jack said with a smile before going back to his duties, his mind still boggled as to what made him act like that.

Dawn sighed as she leaned back against the nearby wall, staring up into the sky. "Perhaps it's as you say.. Perhaps I am different.."

"I used to dream,
"I used to know,
"I used to never question, never wonder, always adore.

"When I was young,
"Young as could be,
"I sat and waited wondering where was he.

"Was he in love,
"Was he searching,
"Was everything we believed just a passing thing.

"He always chased,
"He always came,
"Underneath that rugged temper he was so kind,
"He was so sure,
"I never once hindered in my mind.

"I know his heart,
"I know his mind,
"I only wonder if he knows mine.

"Does he know,
"Will he ever know,
"I wonder if I'll ever know.

"Know for sure,
"What's in his heart,
"What's in his mind,
"What he truly sees when he looks.... at me," Dawn sang softly as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"Does see me as a poor girl,
"A poor girl who needs..
"Someone to provide for her..

"Or does he see...
"See me as me..
"A woman in love,
"Who would love him no matter what his funds were.." Dawn tapered off softly as she looked down at the dirt ground beneath her feet.

"I'm not good enough for him. I've only caused him stress and turmoil since we've met. He's lost everything... because of me. He can't get it back while I'm still in the picture.. Perhaps I should leave.." Dawn whispered softly, "He doesn't deserve this."

Goblin Maiden

Old 07-14-2010, 06:36 PM

Jareth turned and made his way in the direction that Dawn had left in. As he moved through the crowds towards the nearest alley-way, he sang out:

"I used to see,
"I used to know,
"I used to never question, never wonder; always there.

"When she was young,
"Young as could be,
"I sat and waited wondering when she would see.

"Would she find love,
"While I looked on
"Was everything I yearned for just a passing dream.

"I took the chance,
"She learned my name,
"Underneath that temper she was so sweet,
"I was so sure,
"She never once left my mind.

"I know my heart,
"I know my mind,
"I only wonder if she knows them, too.

"Do I know,
"Will I ever know,
"I wonder if I'll ever know.

"Know for sure,
"What's in her heart,
"What's in her mind,
"What she truly sees when she looks.... at me." He trailed off uncertainly, his pace slowing.

"Does she see me as a rich man,
"A fallen king who needs
"Someone to provide for...

"Or does she see...
"See me as me...
"A man in love,
"Who would love her no matter what her dowry was worth..."

Softly, Jareth closed his eyes, stood there, simply breathing.

"Dawn, what should we do. About us. Was I wrong? Not about you, but about me?"

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-14-2010, 06:45 PM

"Jareth?" Dawn called softly as she looked towards where his voice was coming from, wiping the tears from her cheeks and calming herself as she spoke, "Is that you?"

Goblin Maiden

Old 07-14-2010, 07:01 PM

Carla quietly took herself off as the man turned and approached the young woman. She didn't need to be butting into anyone else's business... But if that was so, why had she taken off after the girl...?

"Dawn," Jareth said as he drew nearer to his fiancee. "I... I'm sorry, precious. There were things I had not thought about before, but now that I have thought about them, I see that..."

Reaching out towards Dawn's hand, he murmured, mismatched eyes gazing deeply into hers, "I love you Dawn. Not for your money, or lack of it. Not for myself or any selfish need to fulfill myself somehow. Only because you... are you.

"You are a beautiful dreamer, Dawn. Kind and ready to defend what you think to be right. That was what drew me to you. What has always kept me with you, even when you never knew I was there."

He bowed his head for a moment before raising it, looking at her once more. "Dawn, forgive me. I want what is best for you and your family, because now, they are to be my family, but... I should have taken into account your feelings. Their feelings. It was my foolish pride that kept me from considering how you and your family might want a choice in your future, instead of it being handed to them on a silver platter."

Seeing the tears in her eyes, he reached up to wipe them away. "Tell me what you're thinking, precious."

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-14-2010, 07:15 PM

"I.." Dawn whispered softly as leaned into his palm, "Jareth I.. I do not deserve you. You are so kind and giving to my family, and I just slam it back into your face with my temper. I know you do not intend for things to turn out as they do, and I know you are only trying to be kind..

"You have no idea how much it pains me to know how much suffering I have caused, nor how much it pains me to know that I am the reason you have lost everything.

"Perhaps.. Perhaps you would be better off without me Jareth. I have done nothing but force you into a life you never wanted, force you to give up things you have always known and loved, forced you to be someone you are not. I have done nothing but cause you stress and turmoil since we've met - with your parents, the Labyrinth, Alessandro..

"Would not you be better off without someone like me causing you all of this trouble in your life? I.. I want to see you happy, Jareth.. But how can you be happy with a foolish girl like myself? As you said.. I always shut out your kindness.. Especially monetarily-wise.."

Sighing, Dawn rested her forehead upon Jareth's chest as she wrapped her arms around his waist, "Is it selfish of me to say that I don't want you to leave me, despite all the reasons you have to do so? To say that I would rather die a thousand deaths than to go back to living my live without you in it?"

Goblin Maiden

Old 07-14-2010, 07:27 PM

"Selfish, precious?" Jareth could not restrain a laugh of relief as he wrapped his own arms around Dawn. "I feel the same way."

Pulling back slightly, he smiled down at her. "Shall we make a deal, then? Decisions can be put on hold until we work them out. Together. No more single-handedly taking charge of other's lives?" He winked. "Isn't that what married couples should do; face the good and the bad and work through them both, together?"

"About you being trouble... Yes, Dawn, I can not deny that you are a handful, and that I have been put through grief because of you. But I also must add that the grief was FOR you, especially for us. Temper or no temper, precious, I would not take you any other way than as you are. Yourself. No one else."

His smile faded slightly as he regarded her. "But enough of how I feel... What about me, Dawn? Have I not put you through trouble as well? My pride in riling you against Lewton, in making you endure the trials of the Labyrinth, even knowing that you could face danger? I saw you weeping that year we were separated, precious... Tell me, am I truly worth grieving over for a whole year? It was always about me, sweeping you off your feet and saving you from a life of drudgery."

Jareth shook his head as he finished quietly, "I love you Dawn, but maybe you deserve a man with less pride than me."

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-14-2010, 07:50 PM

Dawn smiled as she looked up into his beautiful mis-matched yes. "Yes, you are far too full of pride for your own good. However, beneath that pride you have a wonderful heart. You're kind, you mean well, and you do what you believe is best. Even if it does give you some perks to your good deeds," Dawn added with a wink and a soft laugh.

"I love you Jareth, and I do not deserve someone as wonderful as you. But I'm going to try my very best to be worthy of you. You were worth every tear shed while we were apart. I missed you something awful.. Words cannot begin to describe the loss I felt. I don't care what money we have, what your initial purpose of getting me back was...

"All that matters is that you're here now. You're with me here in this alley. I'm in your arms, and I can kiss you any time I wish. I need not pray and dream to see you again. I need only wake up in our bed, turn over, and see you every night, every morning," Dawn finished with a warm smile as she caressed his cheek and stood on her toes, hoping he would take her in his arms and kiss her.

Goblin Maiden

Old 07-28-2010, 01:57 PM

Jareth could not restrain a laugh of relief as he tightened his arms around Dawn. "Every night and every morning," he repeated, lowering his lips to hers, "for as long as you want."

Emilie smiled happily as she looked up from the crystal ball. "They have resolved their differences," she declared. "It's all right again."

"In that world, perhaps," Oberon murmured. "But to this world, the world of the Fae, they will always have a connection. Through family, and friends, and mere immersion in this place."

"The girl is not yet ready, we feel," Titania explained to Emilie, whose brow furrowed in dismay.

"Why, High Majesties?" She asked, restraining the urge to scream. "Why must you continue to test them like this? They love each other, is that not enough? They are willing to go through life together, through the hard times and easy moments. Is that not enough?"

Titania smiled, her eyes a little sad as they gazed at the Goblin Queen. "When you have ruled for as long as we have, my dear," she replied, "you will understand why we are doing these things. You will aid us in preparing for the Autumn Ball."

It was not a question. Emilie agreed, though it was clear to all that she was not happy about her involvement in the High Majesties' scheme.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-28-2010, 07:04 PM

As her soft lips moved against his, Dawn smiled as she melted against him in relief. "Cara mia, ti voglio bene," Dawn whispered against his lips between kisses.

Resting her forehead upon his, Dawn sighed as she inquired softly, "Jareth.. Why do we quarrel so often now that we are together again? I do not understand it.. I believe we have quarreled more in my world than we did when I was in the Labyrinth.. I don't like it," Dawn admitted softly as she leaned back and looked up into the mismatched eyes of her husband-to-be.

Translation Note::: Her first line of speech means "My darling, I love you." in Italian.

Goblin Maiden

Old 07-28-2010, 08:36 PM

"And yet in a way, I feel it is beneficial, precious," Jareth replied. "If we did not have these quarrels, I would not know things about you... or myself. Though it is good to not quarrel, sometimes it is in a couple's best interest to argue, then reconcile with new-found understanding of one other, as well as oneself."

Smiling down at Dawn, he pulled away and drew her arm through his crooked one. "Come now, let me take you back to your home. After all this, I think perhaps shopping can wait for another day; and your family will be eager for you to return, I expect."

He turned back to the main road of the shops, where he could navigate his way to Dawn's home.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-28-2010, 08:59 PM

"Perhaps," Dawn said with a smile as she rested her chin upon his shoulder gently, "But I do I like our days spent happy rather than in an argumentative temperament." Placing a light kiss upon his cheek. Dawn smiled as she rested her temple upon his shoulder and allowed him to escort her home.

Reaching the door, Dawn ascended the stairs and turned towards Jareth, "Good night, Jareth. I love you."

Goblin Maiden

Old 07-28-2010, 09:14 PM

Jareth looked up at her and grinned. "As I love you, precious."

Softly, he closed the door to her home and headed back to his own, the smile still on his face and a melody being hummed from his lips.

The following days passed in whirl of activity in preparation for the Autumn Ball. Dawn's dress had to be measured, tailored, fitted and finished, as did Jareth's suit and formal jacket. Her hair was done up in all manner of styles by Fae stylists until one was finally decided on. Jareth's hair, though fussed over for now being so short, was still fixed in a fashion declared to be "quite dashing," "so handsome," and "if I wasn't married, that hair alone would win me over."

Emilie was busy working alongside her husband planning, overseeing decorating, the guest list, the menu for the ball, and an overall complete transformation of the Castle Beyond the Goblin City. She collapsed into bed every night exhausted, and rose early the next day to continue preparations.

Finally, the evening of the Autumn Ball had arrived. Jareth was standing in his guest room in the castle being dressed in his shirt, waistcoat, pants, and formal jacket, not to mention shoes and minor frills and dressings. His hair was at the same time being styled in the fashion that he had been assured would win over many hearts, female or not. He'd laughed at the assurance; there was only one heart in both Fae and mortal worlds that he needed, that he had already won.

But tonight was to be the hopefully final test set by his parents. Jareth frowned slightly as he was finished being dressed and primped. They had not been able to sway his parents' decision. Dawn was to be faced with the Fae court in all its splendor and political trappings. It was no secret that she, a mortal woman, had stolen the heart of the Goblin King and ultimately turned him mortal, as well. When the night was over, how would she have fared?

How would they both fare?

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-29-2010, 01:06 AM

Having been dressed in an elaborate ball gown, Dawn sighed as she looked at herself in the mirror, feeling wildly out of place. In the mirror before her sat a young woman with olive skin and emerald eyes: a woman with her hair done up into an elegant bun with loops and braids and ribbon woven in. A circlet of pearls weaved through her hair and rested upon her forehead, a dark ruby tear-drop adorning the center, and a choker necklace to match around her slender neck.

The off-the-shoulder puffed-sleeves of her gown hung semi-snugly upon her arms, the sheer material darkened where it rested upon her olive skin. The bodice was adorned with lace and pearls, the corset laced tight. Dawn blushed once again as she saw her bosom slightly popping over the bodice. She had seen women dressed as such in drawings of the balls in the newspapers back home. However, Dawn never imagined herself in such attire in her wildest dreams.

Looking down at her lap, Dawn lightly played with the ribbon upon her fingerless lace gloves that adorned her hands. Stopping herself from fidgeting, Dawn placed her hands upon her large, puffed skirt that fell to her feet. She wore a garter, stockings, and heeled slippers upon her legs and feet. She was truly a vision in crimson, reds, pearls, and blacks. She looked stunning.

Looking back up at her reflection, Dawn took a deep breath as she studied her appearance. Her lips were colored red, her eyes were shaded with soft Autumn colors, small gems were placed by her left eye as a spiraled decoration, and she shimmered with glitter upon her skin. In her ears were simple dark red studs surrounded with gold. Simple, but elegant.

"Will I fit in?" Dawn whispered softly as she stood from the balcony and turned to face Aliye. "Will they truly like me?" Dawn inquired more audibly as she faced her future sister-in-law.

"They will love you," Aliye said happily as she looped her arm through Dawn's, "Now. Let us find that brother of mine, shall we? He'll simply drop at the sight of you!" Aliye added with a giggle as she led Dawn from her guest room and towards where they were to meet Jareth.

Last edited by Emma Corrin; 06-14-2014 at 10:40 PM..

Goblin Maiden

Old 08-04-2010, 08:29 PM

Jareth frowned at his appearance. Everything about his outfit looked spic and span, everything was tailored perfectly, with not a thread hanging loose or a hair on his head out of place. If this was any other occasion, he would be looking forward to seeing how Dawn looked in her finished formal wear, as well.

As it stood, he was dreading the coming ball. More for his fiancee than himself. He knew how to handle himself, but she had never been to a casual party before, much less the grandest ball of the year for the Fae.

...No, he took it back. Before, he had been the Goblin King. Now, he was a mortal man with his mortal betrothed. The guests of honor at this ball, no less. They were both going to be out of their element.

Jareth shook his head and looked over at his younger brother as the Fae servants who were dressing him finished and, bowing, withdrew from his guest chambers. "Well, we did try our best to avoid this, didn't we, Twid?"

Sighing, he moved towards the door and out into the hall. "We had better leave now. I don't want Dawn to be alone any longer than is strictly necessary... Or at least not until my parents put into motion their scheme to draw us apart during the ball. Of such a scheme, I don't doubt that they have been planning it for a long, long time."

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-04-2010, 09:07 PM

Twidlerie smiled encouragingly at his elder brother, "Jar, come on now. Dawn will be just fine. She's a strong girl, we've watched her grow these past few months and she's no stranger to holding her own in a dire situation. Give your wife some credit, Jar, she'll make it through. Just as you will," Twidlerie added with a grin as he wrapped an arm around his brother in a reassuring hug before leading him down the hall to the stair where they were to meet Aliye and Dawn, who were already waiting for the young men to arrive.

"Aliye," Twidlerie said with a grin as he held out his arm for hers.

"Twiddie," Aliye said with a kiss upon his cheek before turning to Jareth and Dawn, "Good luck you two!"

"We'll see you in the ballroom," Twidlerie added with a wink before descending the staircase with his sister upon his arm.

Dawn blushed as she gazed at her fiancee. He looked so handsome, even without his crown and Fae magic. Blushing deeper, Dawn fiddled with her skirt as she stammered softly, "You look wonderful, Jareth."

Goblin Maiden

Old 08-04-2010, 09:37 PM

Jareth smiled back at his younger brother. What would he have done without Twid and Aliye's support for him and Dawn? "You're right, Twid. I'm still anxious for her, but you've just reminded me to stop worrying that much. She is strong, my Dawn," he murmured to himself, the smile still on his face. "She's proven that much time and time again...

"We'll make it through," he smirked at Twid, returning his brother's hug before descending the stairs.

What he saw at the bottom made him pause, just slightly, but still noticeably. His betrothed, waiting for him at the bottom, was a vision to behold in her ballgown.

"I'm sure I pale beside you in your finery, precious," he told Dawn as he reached her side. Moving to take her hand, he whispered, "You're beautiful. And this is not a test, not for us. It's just a ball, just a dance, for just this one night."

Emilie turned the corner and smiled when she saw them; she herself was dressed in a floor-length gown of rose and sage, her hair curled and done up elegantly. "You look wonderful, you two," she complimented them warmly. Though she worried, as she could not help doing, she did not wish to let them know that. "Shall we go? The ball can not truly start without its guests of honor, after all."

With one last smile, she lead the way to the ballroom, pausing before the doors. "Hathion should be here any moment to announce you... Take a deep breath." She laughed softly, moving to kiss both Dawn and Jareth on their cheeks.

"I will need to take a breath, myself... This is my first ball, as well," she grinned at Dawn. "Just a peek won't hurt, will it, Jareth?" She asked her friend before opening the grand ballroom door a crack and peering through.

"Come here and look, Dawn, nobody's noticed," she whispered. "Isn't the ballroom gorgeous tonight? Truly befitting of an Autumn Ball... Ahh, Hathion and I worked so hard for this, but even I couldn't have guessed it would look like this tonight."

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 08-04-2010, 09:56 PM

Dawn's jade eyes glistened as her mouth slightly parted at the sight. "It looks magnificent.." Dawn said breathlessly before looking to Jareth with a grin, "Jareth, look. Isn't it wonderful?"

Taking his hand in hers, Dawn smiled as she looked at everyone, wondering what they would be like. "They do not look so terrible. I think we may be able to win this yet," Dawn whispered with a wink as she spotted Hathion across the floor on a small dais dressed in attire similar to that of Twidlerie and Jareth.

"Family, guests, honored members of the court, I would like all of you to welcome their High Majesties, their two youngest children Princess Aliye and Prince Twidlerie, all of whom have graced us with there presence at the Autumn Ball here in the Labyrinth.

"I would also like to introduce my wife, Queen Emilie, and our guests of honor Jareth and Dawn, all of whom I am sure you know," Hathion said with a warm smile as he nodded to the doormen on the inside of the ballroom.

Goblin Maiden

Old 08-04-2010, 11:44 PM

Jareth smirked at Emilie and Dawn, peeking into the ballroom and whispering excitedly. Obliging his fiancee, he leaned forward and also set his eye at the crack.

The ballroom was wide and expansive, a creamy off-white in color, as if carved from a pearl. Everywhere one looked it was bedecked in some form of gold, red, or orange, whether with tastefully hung draperies, or with tablecloths and cushions on chairs. Occasionally there was an accent of dark brown, to give a nod to the approach of winter that autumn heralded, when greenery would turn that shade and fall asleep for the cold season.

There were many people already within, either lightly partaking of the refreshments set out along the walls of the room, or standing around conversing in groups. Though music was pouring from Fae musicians at the east side of the ballroom, nobody had as of yet set foot on the dance floor. The first dance was, after all, to belong to the guests of honor, Jareth and his fiancee Dawn.

At Hathion's proclamation, everyone within the ballroom fell silent and turned as one to face the grand double-doors.

Emilie snapped back from peeking in through the door to stand demurely at the ready. And just in time, as the doormen reached for the latches of the doors and swung them open. Jareth had already made to pull Dawn to his side and slip her arm through his, his face and posture totally composed. Smoothly, Emilie slid her arm through his free one. Now with the two women on both arms, Jareth began to move forward into the ballroom.

Looking up, he saw his parents standing on a special balcony reserved for them and their family, not far from the dais on which Hathion stood. Walking towards them, he presented Emilie to Hathion; then, still arm in arm with Dawn, he bowed to the High King and Queen.

"We honor our son Jareth and his betrothed, Dawn," Oberon called out in his rich voice so all could hear.

"We thank the hosts of this Autumn Ball, King Hathion and Queen Emilie of the Labryinth," Titania spoke up warmly.

Oberon continued, "We thank you, our guests, for attending."

He then nodded at the Fae musicians, who began to play a song rich with layers of musical instruments and singing voices. At this, Jareth murmured to Dawn, "That's our cue to begin the dance. I hope you haven't forgotten your lessons," he added teasingly, winking.