Bound Birdie
Mistress of Mischief and Mayhem

Old 04-21-2013, 10:41 PM

yeah t shirts are for like yard work and cleaning the house. OR when I am TRYING to be as boyish and un attractive as possible XP Then I find my biggest t-shirt and hoodie and try my best to look like a lump XD

Vox
*^_^*

Old 04-21-2013, 10:56 PM

/derps in

Haha, I am feeling quite the opposite of the meme in the first post. We only have one week left before finals! I suddenly feel like I am way behind in my classes and I have no idea how I am going to catch up. x__x

Yay for the event being extended though!

So uh, what's up?

Bound Birdie

Old 04-21-2013, 11:01 PM

the event was extended huzzah!
<--- should really look beyond her subs once in a while

ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:09 AM

I agree with the t-shirts. I only wear them when I expect to never want to wear it as a good shirt again. Like when I'm painting, or like right now when I'm helping to close in a porch.

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer
Send a message via AIM to serena yuy Send a message via MSN to serena yuy

Old 04-22-2013, 12:51 AM

Oh nice! I'm glad it's been extended *moar tiem*

Finals for me are actually in a week or so. This week coming up is the last week of classes, the last day is next monday the 29, tue and wed are study or reading days, and the 2nd is the first day of finals. I get to go home right after work is done which is sometime in a couple weeks. ^^ I'm excited.

ElysiumFate

Old 04-22-2013, 01:47 AM

Finals are in two weeks or so..dear god. Why. Studying is going to have to start back up full force tomorrow.

Vox
*^_^*

Old 04-22-2013, 02:13 AM

@serena: Ha, I am so relieved. I have a ton of homework that I need to finish before tomorrow.

My first final is on the first of May. I only have three though, haha. I only have easy semesters left until I graduate next year. But I've been procrastinating a lot, so I've gotten way behind. x_x

That's nice! I plan to stick around and take summer classes, but a break would be nice too.

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 04-22-2013, 03:20 AM

I've been having a bad semester and am very behind. I have to ask for an incomplete in one of my required courses and I'm having a hard time wording that request. ^^"

---------- Post added 04-21-2013 at 11:20 PM ----------

I just want to go home an dbe with my family and my boyfriend and just relax for a bit.

ElysiumFate

Old 04-22-2013, 05:00 AM

I'm jealous, Vox. I have nothing but hard semesters left till I get my BS in a year and half, probably.

Also, I can't do summer classes anymore. Did them the last three summers in a row, and yeah...I'm done.

Bound Birdie

Old 04-22-2013, 10:06 AM

plus summer classes have the most unworkable schedules. O.o I can't ever get anyone to schedule around them because they are so frequent rather then a really long class on just one day, which is much better for me.

Vox
*^_^*

Old 04-22-2013, 12:21 PM

@serena: Aw, I'm sorry. At least it's almost over. :/ Good luck getting that incomplete.

Yeah, I hear you. I look forward to having some time to relax over the summer too, even if I'll still be a part-time student. ^^

@ElysiumFate: Haha, go into discrete math then! We just play around with numbers all day; it's kind of like kindergarten for nerdy adults. xD What are you studying that's so work-intensive?

I like summer classes! I get so bored and lonely during the summer otherwise. I only study half-time in the summer; enough to keep me occupied, but not enough to stress me out.

@Birdie: Oh, does your school do that too? Our summer semester is split into two halves (we call them Track A and Track B) and most classes are squished into one track, so they go for seven weeks instead of fourteen, but you meet twice as often during a week. But what I've noticed is that the professors seem to give less homework because we have less time to do it than students during the fall or spring. xD

ElysiumFate

Old 04-22-2013, 04:14 PM

@Vox: Psychology. The basic classes are easy, but when you get into the higher levels you've got shit like two different Stats classes, Biomed, Bio, and Psych labs which are a lot of work.

Vox
*^_^*

Old 04-22-2013, 05:34 PM

@Elysium: That's neat! I was a psych major for like a semester when I started school. Now I'm getting a minor in it instead. It doesn't seem like a hard major, but my school's program isn't very good. That's why I dropped the major actually. xD I'm really fascinated by neurobiology. I might have liked it more if it were more biology-based. Though, the biology labs at my school go for three hours, and I really hated them. >< And ha, yeah, there are a lot of stats classes. Those probably would have really irritated me. I've already taken the math major version of stats, so psych stats would have seemed like a lot of busywork with little new material to learn.

LonelyOtaku97
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-22-2013, 06:19 PM

I've heard stats was a hard class, but since my minor is in business I don't have to take them. Although I have heard alot about how difficult stats is from people who have taken it.

ElysiumFate

Old 04-22-2013, 09:49 PM

@Otaku: I've taken Stats previously, so hopefully I am somewhat prepared for it.

@Vox: I imagine you wouldn't have gotten into the hard classes with only taking one semester of the major. It gets extremely difficult from year 3 on.

But wow, neurobiology ey? Good luck with that. That kind of thing is definitely interesting, but is far too much work and memorization for me.

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 04-23-2013, 12:56 AM

I hated stats. too much math. I suck with numbvers and math. ^^"

Depending on the class once I got into year 3 of my major, I usually had good easier classes. I got to take classes more geared towards what I was studying for my concentration in Political Science ^^

ElysiumFate

Old 04-23-2013, 01:51 AM

Yeah, stats is something else. BUT not quite as bad as Calculus or something. At least it's math that's worth something.

Nah, this one's not getting any easier. This is a degree that intends for you to become a "doctor" SO it's not going to be easy.

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 04-23-2013, 01:55 AM

Yeah, I can see that.
I can only imagine when you go into grad school how it would be. O.O

ElysiumFate

Old 04-23-2013, 02:14 AM

Shhhhh. We don't speak of the devil, Ser. >.> I think I'll feel better once I get out of school for the semester and get some time to relax. Be myself. Get some shit back in order without worrying about useless shit like how DNA becomes expressed.

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 04-23-2013, 02:23 AM

I hear ya, once I survive this semester an dhopefully if given the chance to, calmly work through this shit class's stuff, I can have a semi-decent summer. I haven't had those in awhile. I just wish I could take the summer off from work. I might as a last hurrah before having to get a job of sorts. I just refuse to work in food. I'll have to see what I can do for work either way.

ElysiumFate

Old 04-23-2013, 02:30 AM

Yeah, you should be able to get a job outside of food at this point. You've got some job experience now and that should help.

I need a job. I can't let this social anxiety control my life anymore. Even if I have to volunteer because nobody will hire me. I need something.

Vox
*^_^*

Old 04-23-2013, 02:46 AM

@Otaku: My intro stats class was pretty fun, but it was a class specifically for math majors so while other stats classes taught mostly applications of statistics in interpreting data in engineering and science contexts, we focused more on probability theory and the math behind statistics. Toward the end though, there was a frustratingly long list of formulas to memorize, a lot of mindless computation and almost no actual mathematics. And that's kind of how I imagine any non-math-based stats would have been. That would have been a hard class for me too. As a theoretical math student at a school for engineers, I've been exposed to way more applied math than I could ever have wanted to. ><

On another note, your signature made me laugh so hard I snorted. xD

@ElysiumFate: Nope, I didn't! I took a physiological psychology course right before I switched, so for my minor I went the biological route and took classes on sensation and perception psychology, learning and memory neurophysiology, and in the fall I'm going to take cognitive neurobiology. I'm not really interested in practicing as a neurobiologist or anything, haha, I just think it's neat. And the memorization never really bothered me. In fact, I kind of enjoy it. In high school I played on the Quiz Bowl team and I read books full of random trivia and memorized them for fun. I also made a game out of memorizing random crap in my anatomy and physiology class. Like all the bones of the hand, all the major muscles, the parts of the eye, etc. That actually probably has a lot to do with why I don't mind memorizing stuff for neurophysiology.

@serena: That's good! Ha, I was originally going to do math for secondary education. That only lasted a semester. After like twelve presentations and fifteen lesson plans, I decided there was no way I wanted to do that for the rest of my life. So I've got easy semesters now too since I am also finally doing what I actually like. ^^

Ooh, political science? That's cool. I was a bit disappointed that my school doesn't offer any courses in political science. Our humanities program is pretty pathetic. Not that one should really expect a great humanities program at an engineering school. -_-

ElysiumFate

Old 04-23-2013, 02:51 AM

Oh my. That's really impressive, Vox. I can only memorize things when it comes to anything that has to do with writing. Then I may be interested in it enough to memorize. :) And languages. I kinda like studying languages as well.

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer

Old 04-23-2013, 02:53 AM

I hated working in food outside of school, I hate working in food on campus. It sucks.
I'll be glad when I learn how to drive and have access to a car to get a good job.

@Vox: I went to a liberal arts school that was known for Music and Education for my undergrad, we have a pretty decent political science program there though. Liked most of the professors I had classes with.

Vox
*^_^*

Old 04-23-2013, 03:26 AM

@ElysiumFate: Ah, the human mind is impressive. All you need is a little training and you can memorize basically anything. Of course, this was years ago, so I don't remember most of it anymore. Though I could probably still label the parts of the eye with decent accuracy if you asked me to. Haha, I guess I've sort of been doing it forever though; I just remembered a terribly embarrassing (and kind of adorable) video my dad has of him and me as a two-year-old kid putting together a puzzle map of the U.S. while I told him from memory all the capitals of the states as we added them to the map. xD

I've never tried to learn another language though! I've always thought I might be good at that sort of thing, but I just never had a good reason to try. Maybe someday I'll move to Canada and acquire a reason to learn French. :P Which languages have you studied?

@serena: That's neat. I love the faculty in the math department here, but I can't say the same of any other department, and I've had experience with several of them, what with changing my major twice and considering a few different minors. I would have liked taking a humanities class from a good professor.