MewMint20
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-09-2012, 08:33 PM

Mil took the food and drink graciously, somehow not caring if it was nothing compared to what she was use to but it was enough. She ate carefully in small bites as to not dirty herself. Sipping the herbal tea once she was done she bowed her head in thanks to Syl. “Sharing your food and drink with me, you really are too kind.” She kept her head bowed in respect. “I know they must be just rumors but are there any that sound realistic you could share? Anywhere is a start right?”

She got to her feet carrying her cup to Syl. She didn’t know what to do with, if she was to clean it or even where if she was supposed to. She couldn’t help but feel useless to the so capable Syl, even a hindrance. She was okay with what happened to Marquis, it was very smart and she wished she had thought of it before.

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-09-2012, 09:22 PM

Frowning as another soldier ran through the small little area she called her forge, Itzli tried to focus on her work. The weapons would, for the most part, stay behind with the garrison of soldiers set to guard the outpost while the main force attacked, so she didn't have to worry about moving much of anything. But that didn't mean that she was off work. No, there were weapons to be sharpened and polished, armor to be repaired, and a hundred other little tasks that needed done for the army.

A general cheering drew her attention to the main gate, specifically to the silvery figure on horseback. Jaikar certainly had an impressive air that seemed to give his men confidence in themselves. Considering it was quite a trek for an army to march to, they would leave now and hopefully arrive at the Imperial encampment before too late. If he was lucky, they could keep hidden until it was too late for the Imperials to defend themselves, though there wasn't much hope of that. Imperial scouts were actually very good at their jobs.

With another cheer, they began marching out into the countryside, those left behind praying hard for them. As Itzli began working on another breastplate, she became aware of someone else in the room. She turned around impatiently, eyebrows furrowed as she asked, "Can I help you with anything?" Her tone was rather sharp, if not harsh, though she didn't much care at that point. Hopefully he would leave shortly so she could get back to work.

MewMint20
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-09-2012, 10:06 PM

He could feel eyes on him as he moved but didn't want to interrupt her work, well he thought he wasn't until the annoyed voice chirped up. He had ignored the cheering; most camp leaders wouldn't get such a reception, so this one must be a great guy. He examined the girl and his voice was trapped in his throat. It only was for a second and he turned to her “pretend I’m not here,” he muttered. “I’m just looking for something to jog my memory. I didn’t think the blacksmith would be working this early.” It was then her appearance fully absorbed in.

“You… you’re the prodigy blacksmith” a smile spread across his features. “Pleasure to meet you; I am terribly sorry for intruding on your space.” It was then something caught his eye and a cold sweat began to form on his skin and he got goose bumps. He managed to choke out, “What…is this?” going to touch the odd looking tribal knife.

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 12-10-2012, 05:25 AM

The darkly clad elf slipped into Telnarsoth unnoticed, it was easy for her, blending in and moving around, some called her an assassin because of the pure fact that she appeared and disappeared when and where she could. A smile slipped on her face as she tugged her hood over her long white hair, her violet eyes looked around before she spotted a male talking to a tanner. She stood off to the side, listening to the rain for a few minutes, even watching him hand some money over to the male. A smile grew on her face even more before she moved to walk extremely close to him, stealing his money from him as skillfully as she knew how, still walking on as if she had nothing, though she was already checking to see how much she had gotten off of him. She didn't even know if he noticed what she had done, or if he was following after her to get his things back from her.

Last edited by Kilia; 12-10-2012 at 07:40 PM..

Daeman35
Angels dont come better than tho...
Send a message via AIM to Daeman35 Send a message via Yahoo to Daeman35

Old 12-10-2012, 03:59 PM

MIkaila had followed the male quietly to the palace grounds. Once they reached it, it looked as though the male was looking for something she wasn't. The cut he had received on his cheek was proof enough as he had found himself looking at another rock. She let the male go off on his own as she looked around the mud and plants for her own proof of not only the person's presence, but also the direction in which che travelled. It wasnt long before she found hoof tracks that moved away from the normal path of hoof tracks. The horse seemed to be light footed as it walked around in its proud stance. The close tracks were the best way to tell. The tracks didnt go as deep as they should have if they were carrying a male from the guard. Even elven males weighted horses down when they were wearing armor. This person must have been wearing something light and flowing from when she left.

A sudden exclamation of proof made her turn towards the male. Raffi ran over to sniff the cloth that he held in his hand. She smiled then pointed in the direction the hooves were going. "You have found proof of her presence, I have found the direction she has gone." She said triumphantly. Raffi started to sniff the area after smelling the cloth and immediately ran towards where Mikaila was pointing jumping to a stop as if he were playing with them like a little puppy. "Lets go," the words flowed out of her mouth as she followed the wolf quickly and quietly hoping that the male could keep up.

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 12-10-2012, 05:52 PM

Hroarr was glad he hadn't told Mikaila about the stones marking the path to the palace. Especially if his growing suspicious about his employer were correct. The less she knew, the less likely she'd be in danger if the other elf turned treacherous. Eying the scrap of cloth, he tucked it into his pack. They might need it later for the scent, and he didn't want to risk anyone else tracking the princess. When the pack was closed securely, he set out to catch up with his companion.

For all his size, Hroarr was agile and light on his feet. While not as silent as the elf or the wolf, he still made less noise than a deer as he followed them down the trail. He considered himself fortunate to have run into the girl. He could probably have tracked even in the rain, but it would have been slow going, and the trail would be getting colder and the princess further away with every wasted hour.

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 12-10-2012, 07:14 PM

Aldelros had definitely noticed what happened and nodded her direction to the tanner the moment he felt her come so near. The tanner frowned and put the boots and reagents Aldelros had used to purchase them under the counter so the traveler could see to the small pocket of coin that had been absconded with. Not more than a moment passed before he had a firm grip of her long white hair and a knife at her throat "I'd suggest you consider your targets with more care the next time your fingers start to wander from their own purse." The townspeople about noticed the interaction but kept to themselves. 'Rynegest' had that reputation after all, and this unfortunate pickpocket would see the ugly side of it, that was for certain.

"Now I suggest you drop what you have taken and leave this place before I add some black and red ribbons across the walk way." An indication with his knife made it plain exactly where the 'ribbon' would originate from as he pressed it with enough pressure to strain if not break into the skin. "I don't believe they'll find it very festive... especially when they come to know it was only over less than a dozen copper circles."

It was certainly true that the pouch was pathetically furnished in even such a low denomination of coin. His clothes weren't that of a wealthy man at all being weather-worn, mud-stained and mended in many places. The fact he had a money pouch at all was the best testament that this person actually wasn't a complete wild-man who had wandered into town. To be fair that description fit Aldelros quite well. He was living that life.

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 12-10-2012, 10:56 PM

Malfay gave a surprised sound as someone grabbed the back of her head through her hood, her hand automatically went up and pulled the said hand closer to her scalp only to releave the tension she was feeling. A grunt escaped her as she was pulled towards a male, a knife to her throat only made her stay still as she carefully calculated what had exactly happened. "A girl has to make a living some how." she said to him softly as she kept her voice low, as she kept her attention on the male behind her instead of the crowd that was drawing around them.

"Why would i leave?" she said to him before she tossed the coin purse off into the mud, that was what he wanted after all, a scowl crossed her face when he pressed the knife to her neck. It only made her pull her knife out and press it to his tidbits to see if that would get him away from her. "You act like your the first wild man that i have had to deal with. Just so you know, i am not afraid to turn you into a female right here and now." she said to him as she poked him with the tip to emphasize her point, she turned her head ever so slightly so that she could look back at him, the skin on her neck breaking a bit at the blade digging in her neck.

Last edited by Kilia; 12-17-2012 at 09:34 AM..

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-11-2012, 02:20 AM

The man standing in her forge appeared to be rather lost, a feeling that Itzli only got after getting a better look at his face. Still, he wasn't really bothering anything but her sense of claustrophobia. "Well... feel free to keep looking then," she replied a bit awkwardly. It was hard to argue with that kind of statement after all. "And yeah, I'm always working. It's a full time job taking care of an army's metal needs." With the conversation seemingly over, she turned to go back to work when the strange man spoke again.

"I suppose I am," she said, cringing at the name. How many people had no idea that it was mainly because she was a Whisperer? It felt... wrong to take all of the credit for herself. "And don't worry about it. Just don't get in the way and everything will be fine." And, for the second time, she went to get back to fixing up the breastplate that had been stomped on by a horse. The spirit inside was far from pleased, but seemed rather willing to let Itzli return him to his former shape.

'Twas not to be, however, as the man spoke up again. The knife he indicated was rather special, though, so she didn't mind it as much. She loved showing off her collection after all. "I found that a few months back on the march. Kind of funny lookin', ain't it?" she replied, this time smiling slightly. All the while, she was painfully oblivious to the man's reaction to the object, too focused on it herself to pay attention.

Whimzica
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Whimzica

Old 12-11-2012, 05:20 AM

Slynae shook her head slightly, what she had done was small enough to aid one of the Imperial children. Whatever her ambitions were, she was still loyal to her kingdom and thus, the family that ruled here. She ate her own portion in small, delicate bites, dark eyes flitting briefly to the steed outside then back to the Princess. "It is nothing, Mil."

She took the empty mug, placing that and her own next to the fire for washup later. Considering her question, she answered slowly, thinking it over. "I've heard rumors that your brother Adelros can be found in the forests, but where, exactly, is another matter. And I've heard that your eldest sister is south, running amok in the wildlands." She inclined her head in a non-committal manner. "These are the best of what I've heard, though vague they are."

MewMint20
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-13-2012, 03:17 PM

Mil listened intently to the other woman thinking about it, when she mentioned Aldelros she looked up “the forest as in…” she gestured out the tent with a raised brow and a hopeful glint in her. “Is there a local village, perhaps someone has seen him there?” She prayed it was so, finding one of her siblings so soon would be very lucky of her. She knew Aldelros would be difficult to meet. When he had left he had seemed so bitter and in all his letters it was the same way. She wouldn’t pass up a chance though.

“If there is, is there a chance we can go there now?” She grabbed her pack “I bought money, we can buy information.” Carrying so much around she was asking to be robbed and how little she knew of the world was apparent in this mere gesture. She was more than just lucky Syl had found her, she had probably saved her life in the long run.

0-0-0-0-0-0

He nodded listening to what he said “It looks…familiar…” he didn’t want to touch it, it seemed precious to the timid, and humble, blacksmith girl. He turned to look at her trying to hide the fear in his eyes. “It looks like I might have found what I was looking for…” was all he said before turning back to it. Silently studying it, his eyes repeatedly tracing the shape and then closing to compare to what he could remember. This knife here was definitely the one. He turned to see if she was still working, or had gone back to it more correctly, which if she had he would lean against the wall enjoying the warmth that blacksmiths always had. Letting her work and when she was done with her project he would open one eye and smile.

“What do you know about whisperers…” he looked up at the roof. “I hear they are very rare, my sister claimed I was one but I’ve never even seen a spirit.” Now that was a lie but only he knew that, the nightmares had taken over his psyche and he couldn’t see them anymore, he had though seen them before her death and never acted on it. “I just like hearing people’s opinions on it.” He said before pushing off the wall. “You know you’ve been working for some time, want me to get you something to eat, I’m much more use as an errand boy than a soldier, or so I have been told.” She had what he needed, so being polite would be the quickest way to get it. Gain her approval and trust, he hated part of him for thinking of it this way.

Whimzica
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-13-2012, 09:41 PM

Sylnae smiled slightly at the eager girl, but held up a hand in a please-wait gesture. "I would caution you to wait, only because there are rebels abroad in these woods today, and the chances of falling into their hands would be high until they show themselves in the attack." She smoothed her dress down as she stood, half an ear listening to the outside camp before she turned her attention back to Mil. "But there is a village nearby, about a days walk from here."

She tilted her head to one side, considering the girl. She could not leave her post here for any length of time unless they found a replacement for her; but she was unwilling to let the untried and unwary princess go blundering about on her own. "I will take you that far at least, but again, I would ask you to wait til there is more information on the rebel's placement."

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 12-17-2012, 06:00 AM

Lord Tormalyndar Teldarion looked around at the other members of the Imperial Council in barely-concealed disgust. The rebellion had been going on for years, and still they panicked when there was word of a push by one of the rebel factions. Or perhaps it was that they had all been wakened from their peaceful slumbers by urgent messengers bearing news of the impending attack. Or, more likely, roused from those slumbers by the frantic servants they employed to man the doors of their lavish palaces. Only an extreme effort of will kept Tormalyndar's lips from curling into a sneer at the thought of those ostentatious, beautiful, completely indefensible palaces. No wonder they were all flapping and squawking like chickens confronted by a fox.

House Teldarion, on the other hand, was a grim, grey castle, well defended and surrounded by walls and towers. And all of Teldarion's servants were trained for battle and loyal to the house-- most were either hereditary servants or freed slaves, with the occasional retired soldier to supervise the training of the rest. Perhaps it was the confidence of his home's security that protected him from the others' panic. Well, that or the fact that he had engineered the attack, and the defense, and the current meeting. Quirking his mouth into a thin semblance of a smile, he banged a gavel on the table in front of him. "Enough! This babble is unbecoming. We must plan for the security of the empire."

The clamor settled down to a disgruntled murmur, and finally to silence. Tormalyndar smiled faintly and savored the moment. The most powerful men in the empire were gazing at him with the attention and respect of eager schoolchildren, expecting him to have all the answers. And he did. "This is only a minor skirmish, and the army's spies warned them. It would be foolish of us to disturb the imperial family about something so insignificant. Foolish, and weak. Do we really want the Empress to think us weak, gentlemen? I think you can guess the consequences of that as well as I."

The implied threat was effective. Already frightened, the councilmen were now terrified. Terrified, and willing to do whatever the oh-so clever Lord Teldarion suggested. So, quite naturally, he began making suggestions. It was going to be a most profitable morning.

Last edited by Wyrmskyld; 12-17-2012 at 06:05 AM..

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 12-18-2012, 03:12 AM

Aldelros hissed through his teeth when he felt Malfay's knife and shifted his legs back to avoid as much of the cutting edge as he could, but as the coin purse was released there wasn't much point to keep her at knife point any more than he had already. Aldelros pushed her forward, taking away his blade as to not do any more damage to her and moved back and sneered "Just keep out of my way, woman. Interfering with my business won't win you money or friends."

The townspeople started to disperse some now that they weren't in contact with one another and the promise of bloodshed began to diminish. The elf circled around to his small bag of coins and picked it up. "You should know enough about men from the wild to not go trying to lift from their pockets if you've dealt with more than one before." Aldelros looked back toward her critically as if to consider some of her traits under the influence of a change of heart "Besides Sidera is where you want to go if you're hungry for coin. Telnarsoth half operates on bartered goods."

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 12-19-2012, 06:35 AM

Malfay smiled as she was finally able to back away from him, having stumbled a bit when he shoved her away, her violet eyes narrowing at him as she kept her knife at the ready. He eyes followed every moment he made, turning when he went to move around her to pick up his money that she dropped. "Like i care about your business or making friends." she said with a snort as she took her hood off to let her long white hair out before she braided it quickly and tucked it back into her hood.
She looked around as the towns people begin to leave, sighing slightly before she moved towards a building to get out of the rain, only stopping to look back towards the man that had spoke to her once more. "Lifting from their pockets is not something i am worried about." she said to him as she dusted off some of the mud from clothes. "Sidera.....never heard of it." she said bluntly to him, as she looked around, thinking of something that she could do or batter with to get some food.

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 12-19-2012, 07:01 AM

Aldelros shook the mud off of the coin purse before tying it back into place. So she wasn't planning on following him around... "That works for me, then." He wanted to leave their interaction there, but that damned reputation he had built required him continue jeering. At least he could ensure that she knew he wasn't interested in continuing this by leaving.

He wasn't about to hang around to watch her braid her hair, anyways. She didn't interest nor concern him or his conjured personality now that the tiny purse was back in his possession. Without missing a beat he turned and made his way back toward the tanner's shop. Over the growing gap in between them he called back in a laughing tone "Funny thing to say to me after you lift from my own pocket. Not only are you a petty thief, but you're making yourself out to be quite a liar as well. Or do you fancy yourself more of a storyteller? There's more money in that than you'll dig out of the pockets here." He was very sure she was just a money-hungry rogue, newly in town and looking for

Aldelros rolled his shoulders some and waved someone to move out of his way. "Sidera is west from here." He scoffed "Go try your luck stealing from the Empress, her brats might just fall for your stories."

MewMint20
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-20-2012, 05:21 PM

She wasn’t one for caution usually but Syl insisted, multiple times, that she exercise some. Not always using that wording but close enough to be considered the general message of her words. Mil nodded as Syl continued talking on and seemed to agree to take her to the village. “You’d really take me there, it would be a big help!” It was sort of amusing how ignorant to the danger she was in just wandering around; some might find it annoying though.

“So once we know of the location and numbers of the rebels, we can start moving, we can ride there… but you won’t stay with me will you, You have to return here don’t you…” she couldn’t help but sound sad about this, she hadn’t come to make friends but back home she’d not had many friends and Syl seemed to be a good possible friend.

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-24-2012, 03:46 AM

After a few moments of watching the man handle the strange knife, Itzli went back to work, feeling more than a little awkward. It seemed that the man was having a private moment or something, and it felt... wrong to intrude on it if she could help it. So, she picked up her hammer and worked on smoothing out the breastplate as best as possible with the hammer before sticking into the incandescent coals of the forge. Once it was settled safely, she began to pump them to a cherry-red glow, sweat pouring from her face as it heated up.

Once the metal of the breastplate was glowing bright orange, she pulled it out and began to hammer the metal with a smaller mallet. It would allow her to get the shape more accurately than the large hammer, which would result in a smoother shape to the piece of armor itself. Once it died down to a faint shimmer of heat, she plunged it into the brine nearby and then placed it back into the forge to repeat the process.

By the time she had finished the breastplate and set it aside to cool completely, the strange man was asking her a question from the movement of his lips, though it took a bit before she realized what he was saying. After the hammering of the metal, it was rather hard to hear softer sounds. "Not much," she admitted, frowning. "I know that they used to be a lot more common, but that's about it. Unless you're asking what it is that I do. A lot of people have questions about that. Mainly the two mages in camp." Her nose wrinkled at the mention of Asgeir and Hauft. They were rather pesky.

"Uhm... no actually. I ate not too long ago," she said, peering at the sky to get a feel for the time. It hadn't been all that long since breakfast, so she wasn't particularly hungry. "But thanks for the offer anyway. It's very kind of you."

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 12-26-2012, 10:53 PM

Malfay snorted as she rolled her eyes, tucking her hair back into her hood as he walked away, all she could think of was how was she suppose to know all these things when she came out of the wild and been stealing and surviving on her own since she could remember. "I am not a petty thief. I also don't lie. Why am i bothering with talking to you, not like you would believe me anyways." she said a normal, calm voice as she tugged her cloak about her a bit more, already feeling the rain soak through to her skin a bit more.
"What are you spouting now?!?!" she yelled at him, growling a bit as she got frustrated, she knew that she was out of the loop and had a lot of things to learn about everything. Sure she could pick pocket but that was not everything that she could do. She knew there was a war and she felt that that was all she needed to know, so anything that dealt with the Empress and her children or anything that was not told or taught to her, she was clueless about everything else and that just made her frustrated and angry.

Whimzica
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-27-2012, 05:39 PM

Sylnae nodded briefly, the girl's obvious reluctance to be separated touching. Syl didnt make friends, usually being too hard headed and outspoken to keep anyone around, but both traits she's curbed at least a bit, in her dealings with the princess. You couldnt just tell your Empire's Princess to fend for herself, regardless. "Unless there is another healer in the village willing to come back to camp, yes, I'll have to return." She softened her words slightly by adding, "I will look for one, perhaps there will be someone willing."

MewMint20
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-27-2012, 07:06 PM

He raised an eyebrow at her when she responded to his query about whispers with ‘unless you mean what I do’ was she admitting to being suspected f being one, or actually being one even if he didn’t ask that particular question. She was thankful for him offering the food but she wasn’t hungry, well that didn’t bother him one bit. “Well if you ever need me to run and grab anything just yell,” he had actually enjoyed the hammering, sizzling and other noises blacksmithing made. He stood out of the way and silent letting her work now.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

She clasped her hands together in happiness. “Well I hope we can find another healer in the village, I’d love to travel with you.” She got to her feet. “How long till we find out when and where the rebellion is going to take place?” She was optimistic about finding her brother, at the same time though it was very likely to be a disappointment, in which case she just wanted to find out as soon as possible.

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-27-2012, 09:57 PM

Having given the speech to his men before they left, Jaikar felt that there was really nothing to do but survey the area before they attacked the Imperial camp. Asgeir and Hauft were working on a spell that would frighten the enemy soldiers; an illusion that would make it look like shadows were joining the fray. With any luck, that would scatter the enemies faster than simple fighting. From the crest of the hill, he could survey the terrain and the condition of the enemy encampment fairly well, even lying down as he was.

Seeing that there was no point in waiting any longer, he scuttled his way back down the hill and began marshaling his men. "Archers! To the front! Cavalry! Be prepared to charge! Infantry! Line up behind them! Let's win this for the Rebellion!" he barked left and right, the men getting pumped up by the vigor in his voice. Already the archers were in line, arrows sticking in the ground next to them as they nocked their first arrows and prepared to fire on their captain's orders.

Whimzica
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-29-2012, 03:29 AM

The camp flew into activity quickly as the first warning horns sounded, heralding the beginning of the battle. Syl straightened up, stepping quickly to the tent's entrance. She looked back at Mil, casting her a gaze sharp with urgency. She had things to do before she could leave- and though she had doubts about leaving her camp without their head healer, she had even more about letting the Empire's youngest daughter fend for herself in territory she clearly knew nothing about. "I will return shortly, can you saddle the horses?" she indicated the gear she'd removed from Marquis the night before, then pointed briefly through the tent flap at a grey mare tethered at the nearest firepit outside, stamping restlessly at the noise.

Syl didnt wait for an answer, she either could or couldnt, but seconds were precious in battle. And she was right, for the rebels had a mage with them, calling in shadows that were frightening the Imperial men into scattering, fearing the magecraft more than enemy arrows and swords. Syl stayed back from the front fighting, murmuring under her breath, doing her best to dispel what to her was easily recognized as nothing to fear. Dimly she heard the general calling for his men to regroup, but most had scattered into pockets of tight defense, cut off from the larger body.

The battle was going ill for the Imperial camp, most sectioned off and fighting shadows as much as the enemy. Sylnae struggled with undoing the threads of the other mages' work, realizing she faced not a single mage but a pair working in unison, the taste of their magics different, as all were. As a moment passed, she abandoned trying to undo the shadow cast, and instead turned to an ability she usually only toyed with as a past-time, calling light.

In another moment, light bloomed on the field and in the trees, chasing back the shadows. She took it into the trees as far as she could, giving the camp soldiers a brief glimpse of who they were actually fighting before the light began to fade, Syl stumbling slightly as the power of the spell left her. The general, now being listened to once more, began to rally the men proper. They shifted into a defensive point, mounted soldiers flanking on either side of the field. Wary, the general gave orders to wait- he would not follow the rebels foolishly into the trees where more traps might await them. If the rebels did not push now, the skirmish would remain that, a skirmish of little overall importance to the war.

Slynae removed herself from the vangaurd at the rear, walking quickly back into the tents of the camp. She fervently hoped Milwanee had saddled the two horses without trouble, for now would be the best time to go.

Last edited by Whimzica; 12-29-2012 at 04:10 AM..

Wyrmskyld
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Penpal

Old 12-29-2012, 03:32 AM

The rain thinned as Raffi led Mikaila and Hroarr through the woods, and by the time they passed Telnarsoth it was a misty, drizzly fog that somehow seemed even wetter than the pouring rain had. Hroarr grunted softly to himself as the trails of smoke from Telnarsoth's chimneys passed out of sight. It was mildly annoying to pass the place they'd spent the night after having traveled in the opposite direction to pick up the trail. It couldn't be helped, though, and they were making excellent time. It seemed the princess had gotten lost in the woods and gone in circles a while, whereas they had skipped to a newer trail and cut down her lead massively.

They'd just passed an odd little snarl of footsteps that ended in the princess walking away with another person-- a woman, most likely-- when a snatch of wind-carried sound caught Hroarr's ear. He frowned and scanned the skies, the frown deepening quickly into a scowl at the sight of ravens circling in the distance. A quick step brought him to Mikaila's side and he put a large hand on her shoulder. "There's a battle ahead. In the direction this new person is leading the princess. We must be cautious."

Not much later, the caution proved as futile as further attempts at tracking. The camp was empty except for the support personnel-- healers, cooks, quartermaster, prostitutes-- who were left behind. The soldiers were gone. The princess's footprints led into the Imperial camp, but the trail had been completely obliterated by the marching footsteps of thousands of soldiers as they marched toward the battlefield. Hroarr swore sulfurously, and headed toward the healers' tents. "We can look to see if she's here, but I doubt it. We'd probably be better off going back to town and asking around."

It didn't take long to glance through the tents and discover no sign of Milwanee. Hroarr would have liked to search the tents more thoroughly, but even a quick glance in each one was drawing suspicion from the Imperials left behind. He nodded civilly as one of the camp followers approached. She obviously wasn't a soldier, not in those clothes anyway, but he had no doubt she knew how to use the sword she was carrying. "I'm looking for a runaway girl. Her family is worried. Elven, about so tall. With dark hair and eyes. She's quite young... and she had a large horse with her."

The bawd relaxed and sheathed her sword. He wasn't here to cause trouble, so she was willing to trust him at least far enough to answer his questions. "I don't know what she looked like, but someone said Healer Sylnae had a new apprentice who showed up with a big horse. I saw that horse and Sylnae's leaving after the soldiers did. Syl was supposed to be going to the front, but the horses were going toward town..."

"That must be her... take this as a token of my thanks." Hroarr clasped the woman's hand briefly, leaving behind a gold chain.

She inspected it and smiled, taking a step closer to the tall human. Somehow, during that one step her blouse slipped off her shoulder to reveal the shoulder and a considerable amount cleavage. "Is there anything else I can help you with?"

"Not today, lass." Hroarr winked and chuckled. Under other circumstances he might have lingered, but he didn't want to lose the trail. Besides which, Mikaila was waiting. He returned to the slim elven girl. "I suppose it's back to Telnarsoth with us."

MewMint20
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-29-2012, 04:30 AM

Mil could hear the urgency in her voice and nodded, she had been about to speak when the other rushed off. It was a bit overwhelming but she did her best to do what she usually did. Ignored her surroundings and focused on what she had to do. The palace was sheltered but not always peaceful; ignoring those rushing around her came naturally. She saddled the horses with the gear Syl had pointed out. She waited patiently for her new companion to return. It was then that they left, Syl obviously leading the princess.

Marquis may have been a thoroughbred riding horse but he seemed to keep his own, not that fussed by it all. Mil looked around as they rode and muttered. “Do you think my mother will send someone to find me?” She had thought of it before now b not voiced it, well there was no one to voice it to till now. She wouldn’t be able to fight them off, maybe she could outsmart them… but she’d need to plan that now or she’d be caught unaware. She felt stupid for not planning some way of eluding people, she was important and stupid. She partially hated herself for it, now she realized how foolish she had been. She was even more glad for Syl now, the more she thought about the more grateful she became.”