Hana_Ryuzkai
The girl next door
Send a message via Yahoo to Hana_Ryuzkai

Old 09-24-2011, 03:01 PM

Jamin felt a tinge of fear at hering that vampires were real and they resided within gargoth, but seeing how casual and unconcirend with it Melusia was put her fears to ease a little. Jasmin had been too interested in her handler to bother with picking up her own fork to start eating, though when he mentioned he like to drink blood once in a while Jasmin couldnt help but sit back in her chair and stair at him with a little fright. All she new of vampires was what she heard on the streets and read in her mothers books. They were frightening creaturs that took human form to seduce and kill.
"Y-You not in the mood for the R-Red Life now are you?" Jasmin asked unable to calm down with the thought of running into a vampire, let alone sitting accross from someone with the same characteristics. She could easly assume that he wasnt, but one of her mothers nots said that they are crafy creaturs and are able to get what they want just by speaking. "B-because if you are, yo-you cant have any of mine!" She stmmered as she turned to the side and held her hands around her neck. She knew she must have looked like a small child having silly visions of frightening monsters, but she had no one but herself and books to learn from after her mothers passing. That and the only person who did care for her only came by to make sure she was still alive, properly clothed, housed and fead. He never cared enough to teach her or talk to her all she knew as from her books and her own will.

Angeal Pureheart
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 09-24-2011, 03:04 PM

Raven looked at Raiho confused. "Angry? What are you talking about Rai? I was leading the search party and then you were hugging me... Why would I be angry? To have you close makes me happy." He smiles and kisses the other lovinglyly on the lips. "You are all I need to clear my head and make everything allright." He hugged the other close. "No get back to your party and we will continue our search on this end ok?"

Shotacon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-27-2011, 07:57 AM

ShadowXV: Alma does a quick check of it's Aidl before responding. "Well, there is an intergelactic war and an out of contol sorcerer that are at your level. That is the only two at your exactl level." The Aidl whirs slightly before a small sheet of paper pops out of the side. Alma hands it to you saying, "Just feed that into your Aidl and it will guid you to your house. As soon as you've settled I'll be back to discuss your next move!" With that, Alma sprins off with an impressive leap.

ReaperOfTime: A large ornate iron gate appears before you. High above you sitting beside the gate on the right appears to be a larged wiged beast. With a laong beak like nose and fingered wing joints it looks like a beast of olden times. Spotting your idl it says, "Welome hero, to Grargoth, the city between." With that, it reaches up and pulls a lever on the side of the arch. The gate swings unwards smoothly and silently revealing the area bgeyond. Several what look like farmers work on large fields on strange plants while buildings of varying degrees of technological sophistocation lay beyond about 200 yards. From wooden huts to large metal structures they all look sort out out of place beside one another.

Moxie:

Aidl:
-The Creators 13 childern arer registered under the names Fargist, Alma, Melusia Von Bedevest, Husky, D'doria, Nebleu, Degorium, Larsa, Azuriel, Alessandros, Laila Juspa, Marcus James, Peter, and Treml. All other information on the Handlers can only be unlocked with the Handler's permission. The time is not 22:14 Grargoth central time.-

Squall Ravenhart: "Ah, think nothing of it mon'dam, it is my pleasure." Melusia says with a fond smile. "As for why you are here?" The man's gaze wander towards the ceter of town where a large building stands taller then all the others. His voice gets a little softer and he seems almost distracted. "Papa needs the aid of all heros he can find to save us, and the city." Turning back to you he smiles, back to his cheerful self, "And you mon'dam are one of the heros! As for why it did not respond to this barbarien as you called him, that is simple. Papa always tells me that things have a way of getting to where they need to be. So, even though he found the Aidl before you did, it found it's way to you anyway!" Melusia stretches slightly, yawning slightly. The act reveals longer and sharper then normal canaines. With a light sigh, he continues. "Papa os the founder of this city. He was the one who formed the first concept that acted as a seed for the city to grow from. He i it's Guardien and Father. He loves this city and it's people very much." Shifting slightly, he reaches up and scratches the back of his head as he speaks, "And, knowing about you?" His grin widens, "Papa will never claim to know everyhtin, but what he doesn't know would fill a very small book a asure you." He drops his hand down, curling his fingers over his hat. "So, and more questions mon'dam? If not, we can move on to you accomodations and possible job opportuneties."

Nimka: Stone shifts into iron as the wall becomes a gate beneath the Aidl's surface. The gate is tall, and high above you and to the right of the gate arch sits a larged winged beast. It gazes down at you with indiference and when it spos you Aidl is seems to smile. It's long beak like face and fingered wing joints give it an ancient look. "Welcome to Grargoth, the city between my dear!" it says in a low gravly voice. Reaching up with it's fingered wing it seems to pull a lever on the side of the arch. The gate swings silently inwards revealing the area beyond, and a world of green and gold seems to erupt before your eyes. At least half a mile away you can see buildings of varying shapes and sizes, but between here and there are fields of lush grass and golden wildflowers. The smell is sweet without being over powering.

Hana_Ryuzkai: Melusia's face drops only slightly at your reaction. Holding up his hands in a nonthreatening manner he speaks softly. "No no cherrie. i do not feed for myself. And even if I did, never from one unwilling. Papa provieds me all I need. Yes, I know many of the kind I am shaped after are quite wicked and cruel, but I am not as them. I am a son of the city istself, not of the night as they are." Though his face betrays very little of his feelings, his heart sinks at the thought of having lost the girl's trust. Standing slowly he wipes his mouth clean and steps away from the table, and towards the door. "I am sorry to have frightend you cherrie. If you would like I will go now, but please trust me in this." His eyelids lower and his face becomes almost desperately ernest. "My Papa loves this city, and all who dwell within it. He would not tolerat one who harms any citizen or even visitor within these walls." Hanging his head slightly, he continues in very low tones. "If I were a threat, even as his son, he would not tolertate me here." His gaze comes up, and a sad smile comes to his lips. "If you can not trust me cehrrie, trust my Papa. If I make you too uncomfortable, he will asign you another. that is the love of my Papa." Meluslia stands with one hand on his hat, waiting silently for your decission.

Angeal Pureheart: Raiho holds your face between his hands for several seconds before nodding. "Alright, I will go, but promise me you will try and pay closer attention to your mood?" The Lupis around the two mumbles to one another on occassion, waiting for your response.

Last edited by Shotacon; 10-24-2011 at 12:33 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Squall Ravenhart
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-27-2011, 06:22 PM

Circa placed her chin in one hand and thought hard.
It was a lot to take in, but she knew she could talk it over with Largo later if she needed a sounding board. Also there was always the Aidl if she thought of any more questions.

<Largo? Anything you need to ask?>
The dog tilted his head, considering her question.
<I will have a think> he replied eventually.

Circa looked back up at Melusia her eyes sparkling.
"I guess we're good for now" she said to him. "Would you like to come with us?"

A sudden thought struck and she asked "Oh yeah, what sort of jobs were you thinking of? Something fun I hope". She grinned wildy and fidgeted again on the cushion. She didn't usually stay still for long.

Hana_Ryuzkai
The girl next door

Old 09-28-2011, 04:17 PM

Jasmin listened in slight unease as her handler spoke of the vampire as well as himself, though she suddenly felt terrible for believing he would ever hurt her as his words and his tone revealed all was well. The girl felt terrible for ever doubting Melusia and his kindness towards her. She watched him stand and ready himself to leave on her whim, but she didn't want him to go, she wanted him to stay, she wanted him to be the first friend in this new place, and he was but she was ruining that with her silly fears.
"Wait!" She called as she quickly stood up from her chair and went to the passage way to where she knew Melusia was. one hand griped the trim within the passage way while the other hovered at her collar bone lightly balled into a small fist. Jasmin hung her head in shame as she didn't want to look at her handler fearing he would feel the same. "Stay, please stay with me!" she said as both her hands tightened and before she could really stop herself to think about it, Jamin lunged forward wrapping both arms around the mans chest hugging him tightly. "Please don't go, I'm sorry for my foolishness, please stay!" She cried and begged as her body began to lightly shake from fear of what he may think or do to her. She knew how peoples hearts worked, most would say they loved you, and then they would turn and give you to the masses to burn, that's what it was like for her kind. But she knew he would never do that.... right? This place is a wonderful place where no one would harm anyone else intentionally, And if it were so then that being would be tossed out from this place. This place was safe and so was Melusia, he himself said he would never do something so malicious to any one, especially her. "I'm sorry Melusia, I'm so sorry!" Jasmin cried into his chest as she gripped the back of the mans coat tightly. She truly was sorry for her reactions and didn't want him to leave her, he was the first person she was able to meet and feel safe around within the walls of Gargoth. "Please don't leave me, I'm sorry!" she continued not waiting to here his reply.

ShadowXV
Warrior of light

Old 09-28-2011, 08:47 PM

Riku Blaze watches Alma as he leaps off. He turns to look at the paper the Aidl printed out. He looks at the Aidl and feeds it. The Aidl start moving toward his house while Riku follows. While following Riku takes a glimpse around the place.

RikuB: hmph. seems like this place isn't so bad.

The Aidl stops in front of a door.
Riku walks up to the door and opens it and goes inside. He looks around the house quickly while he searches for his bed room. When he finds it he takes out a mini gold box from his belt. He opens it and a wardrobe appers in the corner of the room. He walk over and opens the wardrobe. There are more swords, dagger, clothes and a glowing sapphire gem shape as a ball in the wardrobe. He puts all the weapons he has on in the wardrobe and takes out 2 new long swords, 2 daggers, mini smoke bombs, the sapphire gem, and fighting gloves. He equips them all and puts the sapphire gem in his pocket and puts the gold box in the wardrobe. He closes it up and put a magic seal on it so know one can open it. Riku goes to the bathroom washes his face up. He leaves the bathroom and heads outside. He looks around for Alma.

Last edited by ShadowXV; 09-28-2011 at 08:50 PM..

Moxie
Irritated Scientist
Send a message via ICQ to Moxie Send a message via AIM to Moxie Send a message via Yahoo to Moxie

Old 09-28-2011, 09:57 PM

Urit lofted a brow at the news of the Creator's children. She idly wondered again what she was being 'handled' for. As she walked across the street to the cafe that she was told about, she queried the AIDL again, "AIDL, what do Handlers do? Why are we paired with one?" AS she moved down the street, her loose clothing moved slightly int eh breeze.

Pausing for a moment before the cafe where she was to meet husky, she looked down the road, watching the people of the city go about their business. She felt mildly out of place, but put those thoughts aside. With a feeling of determination, she made her way into the cafe, hoping they took whatever currency she happened to have on her. She had a hankering for a cup of tea and some nice bread, maybe even a few olives or fruit.

She looked around the cafe for her Handler, hoping she had beat the woman there so she could get a feeling for the place for a few moments on her own.

Nimka
WoW Addict

Old 09-30-2011, 01:06 AM

Ava opened her eyes once more but now with a single tear streaming down her cheek. Her white eyes widened with amazement at the beautiful fields before her, for acres it seemed. It was breathtaking.

Ava had always believed in fate. Everyone had a path that Fate had chosen for them, there was a reason behind everything, but not everything revolved around what happens to that One person. Everyone is connected and it is One's own choice how to use that connection, whether for One's own good or for the good of others. She had always made sure to keep an equal balance of caring for herself and also for others, but when the virus spread through her land, she was struck powerless, and knowing that she could make a change in the world she was in now, would do everything in her power to help.

"Fate has brought me here. I have another chance to live on in this world." She paused, contemplating the idea of "living" to herself. Her head tilted to the side in forfeit as she let out a sigh. "Well.. I guess that depends on your definition of living. But, with this new body, this new state of 'being,' perhaps I am stronger than ever before." Ava lifted her hand to her cheek to wipe away the tear still slowly making its way down the slender of her face.

She clenched her fists at her sides, valiant and determined. Without any further hesitation, she nodded to the gatekeeper and thanked him, then looked forward, her eyes now set on her new destination; her new home, if only temporary. Setting one foot behind the other, she began to run.

After several minutes, she realized she was still running at full speed.
"Do I have unlimited energy?" Ava thought to herself, surprised. Her heart wasn't racing, she wasn't breathing heavily, in fact, she wasn't breathing at all, nor was her heart even beating. "Being undead may come in handy." She smiled to herself as her style of inner thought comedy was starting to turn a bit cynical, as if to compensate for her sudden twist of fate.

Ava's bag was jingling beside her. Before she had taken her leave from her home world, she made sure to grab her satchel. It was full of anything she would need on her journey; wire, clasps, clutches, ribbon, rope, elastic, leather strands (all for jewelry making, of course), as well as some basic first aid tools in case of an emergency, some of her home land's currency, her Aidl, and two sai-like daggers known in her land as "Saruda blades," used in the most basic type of dual wielding self defense practices, which she was an expert in.

Ava finally reached the buildings. Standing on the outer perimeters of what appeared to be a town, she looked around in bewilderment on where on earth she would even start. Glancing around the area she saw the most amazing of creatures, all too mesmerizing for her brain to comprehend. Beings of this nature weren't even present in her old world, never even present in the imaginations of her people. There were so many types, so many odd things, anything ranging from something that looked like a combination of twelve different animals in one, a demon-like dragon thing, an standing-upright wolf, an orc, and even--She gasped--an elf, a winged elf? Was it a human-sized fairy, or an evolved species of elf that grew wings? She had so many questions, so many curiosities, Ava was speechlessly excited!

Frantically, she pulled out her Aidl, trying to get a grip on reality even though her mind was exploding with wonder. This world was extravagant yet quaint, beautiful yet terrifying, so much to think about! She shook her head, once again attempting to pull back to reality before her mind wandered once more. She looked to her Aidl.
"So... What now?"

Shotacon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-12-2011, 10:12 PM

Squall Ravenhart: Melusia smiles one of his brightest smiles. "You must forgive me Mon'dam, for I have a prior engagement or I would delight in being with you for as long as you like." The man bows his head slightly towards you before pulling out a scoll of paper and a stylus. Flicking the thin pecil shaped object around the page a few times, he suddenly runs his finger over the face and pulls up a small slip of paper, the same tanish brown color of the scroll. Handing it to you you see it hase some writing on it. "Mon'dam, if you are to just feed that into your Aidl, it will give you directions to your home. I have seen it with my own eyes, and I am sure you will be pleased." Smileing again, he looks over the scroll. From your side, you can see a strange glow coming off the scroll, causeing the glittery surface of the man's suit to sparkle slightly. "We have here a few jobs that suit you personal skills. If you would like I could print you off one now,or you could wait until you've settled in." Melusia looks at you from over the top of the scroll in his hand. "Which do you prefer Mon'dam?"

Hana_Ryuzkai: Melusia turns slowly and gently removes your hands from his coat. Reaching up with his right hand he brushes his hand gently down your hair, and with his other hand pulls you in for a firm but soft hug. Stroking your hair with long even strokes he murmurs, "It is alright cerrie. There is no need to feel sorry. I may not be one, but I know what it is to be one, and what it feels like to be judged as one." Pulling your head back slightly he looks into your eyes, his own slightly damp. "I know your fear, your pain, your heart. It is a gift I have from being as I am, just as you have gifts." He wipes away your tears with a sofy gloved thumb. "Do not weep cerrie. It pains me to see you sad." Pressing your cheek to his chest, you find his coat is surprisingly soft. He continues muttering encouragingly as he runs his fingers through your hair, waiting for you to stop crying. "I will stay cerrie. Please, no more tears."

ShadowXV: Cars, motorcycles and several strange trasnportation devices pass by you. Eventually, a large one that looks like a living buss with legs pauses in fron of you and Alma hops down from the roof. Brusing off a few bugs that had used her as their own form of transportation, Alma looks up at you. Chittering a few times, it pulls out it's small Aidl. "So, you would like a job now, yes?"

Moxie:

Aidl
-It is a Handler's duty to see to the needs of the new Heros coming into Grargoth, the city between. They keep track of their progess and are given alerts as to new job opportunities and provide companionship for new Heros. Due to the some times pwerful nature of some new Heros, they are also asigned to keep an eye on the new Heros so that their powers do not become a detriment to residents of Grargoth. They aslo provide a direct link to the Creator, should there be any need for a Hero to contact him personaly, or the Creator to contact the Hero directly. They provide information and advice to new Heros. Though Heros are free to do whatever they please within the walls of the city, Handlers will step in if they become unruly or begin acting in such a way that will harm the residents or other Heros. Other then their dealing with the Heros, the Handlers have many other duties. Information on such duties are unavailable at this time.-

The cafe's sign is done in bright colors, and the filiments over each letter indecate that the sign can light when night comes. There are several tables outside the cafe, most empty, and even more inside the shop. Each table is a different color. As you watch, what looks to be a large cetepied approaches a table and toches one of the chairs. The seat imediatly turns into a many legges stool that has a rise in the fron rather then the back. Scuttling forward, it settle into the stool, placing it's chest area against the rise. A young lady on skates glides out to take the large insects order. The blades on her skates seem to be made of some sort of glowing blue energy. Your Handler is nowhere to be seen.

Nimka:

Aidl
-Your Handler will be with you shortly. You may do as you like until he arrives-

High above I look down upon this new Hero come to my city. Yes, very interesting. Perhaps this one will. . . .Passing my hand through the air, one of my sons appears beside me. Gliding up to my side, he gives me a light hug. Handing him a small ring of silver set with a glosy blue aironite crystal I send him off towards the woman bellow before taking off towards Center

Moments after your Aidl spoke, a large shadow passes over you. With a gentle rustling sound, a being lands beside you. Only a few inches shorter then you, he looks to be a boy around the age of 14. His eyes are of a light silver that matches his hair. Likewise, large feathered wings sprout from his back of nearly the same color, only slightly darker. His flowing white robes are trimmed with black with siver stitching. On his face is a soft dreamy expression. His eyes seem to almost look right through you as he smiles. "Hello," he hums, his voice is soft and light. "My name is Azuriel. I shall be your Handler." With a slight bow he looks back up at you, his robes seeming to move of thier own acord flitter afout as if in a light wind. "It is a pleasure to meet you Ava Nimka Voxxe." His smile remains light and friendly as he brushes his fingers through his ankle length hair, hanging loose down his back. "I hope we can be friends."

Last edited by Shotacon; 10-12-2011 at 10:12 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Nimka
WoW Addict

Old 10-12-2011, 10:45 PM

Shotacon:
Without hesitation, Ava's arms flew out and around her new handler. Without even realizing it she began to tear up once again. She wasn't an emotional person but this seemed to be a special occasion, filled with overwhelming joy and despair, coming into a world she'd never seen and leaving the one she held so dear to her but couldn't stay in any longer. "Thank you, Azuriel, for welcoming me to my new home." Ava sighed happily as she began to remember what another person felt like, but gasped when she realized she may have crossed this poor child's boundaries. "Oh! I-I'm so sorry!" She pulled away. "I just haven't talked to someone real or conscious in so long. Except, of course, my Aidl, I guess." Ava chuckled warmly and smiled, regaining her composure and folding her hands in front of her, away from the privacy-invaded handler. "He's going to think I'm crazy. Heh.."

Shotacon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-12-2011, 11:05 PM

fairywaif:

The Beginning Times

At the beginning there were those whose hearts sang of the ocean, and other who sang for the land. When these lives became seperate from one another, the fude began. Though no longer of the ocean, the ones who sang for land cuntnued to lust for it's depths. Feeling envy of the Sea Singers, the Earth Singers began veturing out upon the ocean, stealing crops and herds of the Sea Singers food. Several small families were left with no food when the Earth Singers stole all of thier crops and herds, and they having nonting to sustain them, died. The Sea Singers asked for the Earth singers to stop stealing what rightfully belongs to them, pointing out that the Earth Singers had crops and herds of their own, but the Earth Singers did not listen. They created cruel devices to keep the Sea Singers from defending their crops and herds, and killed many of the Sea Singers. Unable to put up with it any longer, the king of the Sea Singers declaired war upon the Earth Singers, and the once peaceful Sea Singers took up arms against the Earth Singers.

Etiquette and Social Grace

If speaking to one of higher status then yourself never fail to use their title, or the honorary term 'Sir' or 'Mam'. Placeing your palm on the end of another's tailfin is a proclamation of love, and is considered impolite if done for any other reason than this. When wishing anothers sevices or information from another, it is customary to present them with a shell. The worth of a shell can only be determined by the recipiant. Wearing a shell in your hair represents that you are one under sevice of another. Wearing more then one indecates one works for themselves. Wearing no shell makes you as one shamed. If you are a visitor, you will be unwelcome in most shops and homes until you are presented with a necklace of shells by a resident marking you as one to be trusted.

Battle Report: 5th day 16th month of the year of the Cairack
Report by: 7th Comrade Faith Der Baliis

The Earth Singers have become more bold. Many of my men were concused by the bombs dropped by a ship almost half a mile away. Kerkin may not recover his hearing ever. After the assult we moved in and managed to drive the ship back toaerds the land, but we lost 2 of our own. The ship was less the 5 miles from the edge of the kingdom. Though the kindom sits far below, I fear the consussions would have reached it should the Earth Singers had cme any closer. The soldiers are restless as the rumors of the Earth Singer's new weapon.

Scouting Report: 8th day 17th month of the year of the Cairack
Report by: Listener Garrek Haluien

I saw today several ships filled with a black powder. Upon the deck there was a creature I did not recognise. It's skin glinted in the sun as if it was covered in slime like the Morok salamander. Many of the Earth Singers seemed afraid of it, but their Captain stood close, un-afraid. The sounds it made were so high my ears ached to hear them. They moved towards the Earth Singer city of Hailan, capitol of their sea side kingdom. I worry for our people. I feel this strage being will bring death to our people.

----------

Nimka: Azuriel continues to smile. Reacing out he touches you lightly on the shoulder. As if sensing your discomfort he murmurs, "Do not recoil. Hugs are nice, I love them." A light tingle runs through your body from the place he touches down through your chest, arms, las, and finaly head. The feeling relaxes your muscles slightly. When he removes his hand, lettign it drop to his side, a warm hum remains pulsating through your veins. Tilting his head to the side he reaches into a pocket inside his robes. After a moment of rumaging he pulls out a small glittering object. Looking at it for several long seconds he eventually holds it out to you. It is a fine silver colored ring set with a vivid blue stone about the size of dime, but in an oval shape. "This is a gift from my Papa Miss Voxxe. The stone is called aironite and is good for knithing flesh." Tilting his head to the side, he seems to be litening for something. When his head comes back around to face you, his smile is still shining out. "I hear no heartbeat from you, so the healing of flesh must be difficult for you. You do not need to take the ring if you do not wish to, Papa will understand." Useing his free hand he reaches up and brushes back some of his hair, revealing briefly an upswept pointed ear before the hair falls once again in front of it. Still smiling, his gaze still seeming to look beyond you, he says, "You are a lovely person, no matter what your flesh says."

Nimka
WoW Addict

Old 10-12-2011, 11:40 PM

Shotacon:
A small smile crept onto Ava's lips as she bowed her head. "Thank you. I honestly wonder if I'm becoming less human as the days go by, less humane even. I'm glad someone can reassure me I have goodness left in me." She looked away for a moment, thinking deeply in reminiscence, until she locked her eyes to Azuriel's once more. "After seeing what other zombies have done to my old world, it's hard to think I could exist in the same form as them. I'm so grateful I still have my mind about me. If I were to look down upon myself from a higher place and see my body ravaging innocent people so mercilessly--" She had to cut herself off for a moment to keep her mind from wandering to places not good for anyone to think about... "Anyway, I will gladly take this gift from your father. Please give him my thanks." Ava took the present with a polite bow.

Ava glanced to the ground for a moment.
"So, um.. Are you.. an elf?" She blushed once more, apprehensive to ask a possibly personal question of his race.

Shotacon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-12-2011, 11:47 PM

Nimka: Azuriel tilts his head to the other side, his hand falling limply to his side. "I am not. I am a being of Grargoth, the city between, made of the energy itself, and a son of the Creator. My brothers and sisters all look different, like being that have come to call Grargoth their home, but they too are like me, and not of the race their forms take after." Running a hand through his hair again he shifts from one foot to the other. "My form is that of the race Darkon. They live mostly in a place much like Grargoth, as keepers of a different energy. I know not why I have this form, but it pleases me." Scuffing his bare foot on the ground, it just peeking out each time it swings forward, he licks his top lip slightly to moisten it. "Do you have any more questions, my new friend?"

Nimka
WoW Addict

Old 10-13-2011, 12:04 AM

Shotacon:
"I see. Still, your form is beautiful and magnificent." She realized that his time is probably far more important than to be spent with a simple newcomer. Ava thought about the question, seeking her mind for something he might be able to help with. After a few seconds she realized something. Something practical. "I do have one question, it's about my world's currency." She sifted through her purse, pulling out a handful of small coins, all of different colors of the rainbow and all of different worths according to their color. "Jurais. They were what we used as money. Our founders discovered a way to compress gems into a coin shape with a fascinating process. This amount would have been worth a lot there, but... Could you tell me.. Are they worthless now?" She closed her hand around them, sighing in reluctance to forfeit something of meaning to her aside from her Saruda blades. "Perhaps, if there were a bank of some sort, I could exchange a few of them to be able to buy things." She giggled. "Not like I need to eat or anything, but you know, clothing and such."

Shotacon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-13-2011, 01:16 AM

Nimka: "Gems. . . ." Azuriel hums. "Most places accept gems. The proprietors themselves will know the worth for their shops goods and or services." The boy seems to almost coo as he thinks, "There is a bank here, that can exchange anything, but seeing as Grargoth has no currency of it's own, your coin gems will be fine as they are. For most places that is." Azuriel finaly seems to stop short in his words, his eyes coming into focus a little bit. "Well, it is not completely true that Grargoth has no currency of it's own, but this currency is not somthing a bank can exchange." Azuriel smiles once again, his gaze drifting off. "The currency of Grargoth is stories. A good tale is accepted at all shops in Grargoth, save for a few street vendors." Reaching up, he scratches his forehead slightly. "As for food, if you wish to partake, or find you have some need, and clothing, at least the basics to cover yourself, these things are given free in the Hero shops. Your Aidl can give you a list and guide you to them." Brushing his waist length bangs back slightly, he tilts his head again. His gaze is soft, and his smile light. "Anythign else you wish to know? Your home is prepaired and I have a list of jobs you may take from both inside and outside the city. If you do not wish to take a job yet, and just to live, that is fine too. There is no need tu hurry. Just by being here, you are helping us."

ShadowXV
Warrior of light

Old 10-13-2011, 03:15 AM

Riku thinks of what kind of job he could have that would help that matched his skills. He decides to ask

Riku: yes I'm looking for suitable job for me, what is it you have in mind for me to do?

Shotacon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-13-2011, 03:43 AM

ShadowXV: Alma looks you up and down. "I have already listed off two jobs for you that suit your talents. If nighter are to your likeing I can looks for others."

ShadowXV
Warrior of light

Old 10-13-2011, 03:57 AM

Riku thinks hard and is sorta leaning on the out of control sorcerer.
Riku: What do I do for the sorcerer job and the war job. I'm kinda going towards the sorcerer job. I just need a brief explaination.

Last edited by ShadowXV; 10-13-2011 at 04:27 AM..

Shotacon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-13-2011, 04:49 AM

ShadowXV: Alma taps on it's Aidl a few times and a sheet of paper streams out of the side of it. Handing the sheet up to you, she says, "Well, best case, you need to take the sorcere's sorce of power, and worst case, he needs some killing. You up for it?"

emiko_firecaster
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-13-2011, 07:43 PM

Shotacon: i have edited it to fix a few of the errors within. please let me know if i still need to edit it.

Drevara had seen and heard alot in her time on earth. She had heard rumors of the place in between places that she was now, though she could barely believe her eyes. Grargoth, the city in between, was as beautiful as the rumor had led her to believe, and as diverse as well.

"But how did I get here?" Drevara asked herself confusion evident on her features.

"You were invited." the voice that spoke spooked her causing her to whirl around in surprise and drop to a fighters crouch. the source of the voice seemed to be a metallic device, a touchscreen glowing softly on one side of it. As Drevara straitened up before walking over to it to pick it up. "Welcome to Grargoth, I am called an Aidl, and I will attempt to answer any questions you may have once inside the city and you have been given your guide. Please, proceed to the city where a guide will meet you inside. there he will answer your questions. To begin entry, please press me against the wall."

"An Aidl? wonder who thought of that name. But first..." Drevara thought as she continued out loud. "How do I get back?" And how do I enter the city, as well as pay for what services i may wish to use there?" Drevara thought this was a wise request as she started to walk towards the city holding the Aidl in her hands much like an I-tablet back on earth.

Drevara shrugged, the Aidl, as it had identified itself was silent now. "oh well" she thought. Drevara was willing to wait and be patient, almost a century of life had taught her that. it didn't take but a few moments for her to reach the wall where Aidl had directed her and she took a minute to gaze up at it. Then following her Aidl's instructions she pressed it to the wall, and watched in surprise as a door appeared where one had not been before. "huh and I thought diagons alley from harry potter was fake" Drevara thought refrencing to the part of the movie where the wall had peeled back much like there.

stepping lithely to the gate she looked through it, out at the bustling city her eyes, and ears, drinking in the sights and sounds that made up the city. "Wonder what I will have to do to make some money" she thought even as she waited for something else to happen. the Aidl hadn't mentioned what to do next.

Last edited by emiko_firecaster; 10-14-2011 at 02:37 PM..

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 10-14-2011, 09:42 PM

Liuliana sat back. So, that was how it was. She had to visit the humans now, but she'd come back. It was obvious she needed to talk to them and lay some groundwork, at least. This seemed like it might be more of a challenge than she'd thought, but she was ready.

The thing that most troubled her was the weaponry. Hopeful she could make peace before more was used...

"AIDL, arrange transportation to the nearest human capital city." she told the device.

Moxie
Irritated Scientist
Send a message via ICQ to Moxie Send a message via AIM to Moxie Send a message via Yahoo to Moxie

Old 10-16-2011, 10:30 AM

Urit listens to her AIDL as it explains about handlers and heroes. She becomes mildly distracted as it drone on and her attention is pulled away by the enormous insect. Figuring it is rude to stare, she lets her eyes wander over the remaining area of the cafe. She stands, at the entrance, waiting for the hostess to lead her to an open table.

"AIDL, why were Heroes called to the city? What is the purpose? What is my purpose in being called?" she asks the question bluntly. Her dark eyes follow the waitress as she glides on her energy skates through the tables. She stares at the skates for a long moment, almost mesmerized by the blue light and movement. She looks up as the skates come closer, now focusing on the woman using them. She dips her head slightly to the woman, hoping to get a seat within the cafe.

Once at her table, Urit looks at her AIDL as she waits for her handler Husky to return. "What sort of powers to some of the Heroes have AIDL?" She asked aloud. The question had been rolling around in her mind since she heard the AIDL mention it. She didn't have any special powers, so it seemed less and less likely that she was actually called here purposefully. After all- why call an herbalist when you had someone who could heal with a touch or create a fireball from nothing? Fighters as a dime a dozen, so even there she could not understand it.

Hana_Ryuzkai
The girl next door

Old 10-16-2011, 05:10 PM

Jasmin sniffled and continued to cry softly into Melusia's chest, she did feel bad for the way she had acted. She even felt worse now as she could tell that her crying was hurting him as well. Jasmin felt as if she should crawl up in a corner and hid for a little while even though she knew this would probably not help her situation either.
It was encouraging to here that Melusia would stay and it was very comforting to feel him running his fingers through her hair. It wasn't long before Jasmin found that she couldn't cry anymore and the feeling of despair had all but vanished from her. with a small and shuttery sigh Jasmin pulled away from Melusia and began wiping her face clean of the dried tears.
"I'm sorry,"She murmured as she hung her head still a little afraid to look up at her handler. "I should not have acted the way I did, It was very rude of me!" She added as she clasped both hands together in front of her and waited for the mans response. She could only guess that he would be very kind about it, but she wondered what his thought were under his words.

Shotacon
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-20-2011, 07:03 PM

emiko_firecaster: High above you to the right side of the gate's vaulted archway, a small graiting cough draws your attention upwards. Sitting there beside the arch is a large beast with a long beak like noce and leathery wings. With a tooth rigged grin it says, "Welcome to Grargoth, the city between." Without another word it pulls down on a small lever with the fingers on it's right wing. The gate swings open surprisingly quietly.

fairywaif:
Aidl:

-I must appologize, but outside of the city I am of limited use. On this world I can provide information and withdraw you back to Grargoth, the city between, at any time. I can also store items and log new information. That is the extent of my uses here.-

The girl behind the desk looks up at you, her eyes wide and wondering as the device in your hand speaks to you. Barinz, upon hearing your request, headed out of the library before the Aidl answered. Returning now he motions for you to follow saying, "I have aranged transportation. The carage waits out in front of the palace. I will accompany you if you like, and if not," Barinz pulls a shall neclace from a pouch he wears at his side. Holding it out to you he finishes, "You will need this regardless." The shaells held together by an almost invisible material seem to glitter, hues of red and tan glinting in the light created by the orbs hanging about the library.

Moxie:
Aidl:

-The city is in great crisis. The Creator senses the problem and has taken steps to rectify the situation. My information on the matter is limited. For more information one must track down the Informant and pass his test. If you pass, he will answer one question. You were called because the Creator believes there is need of you, and your ike. Registered talents and powers of heros within Grargoth include, but are not limited to: Martial Arts, Weapon Specializing, Energy Control, Element Control, Imortality, Flight, Stepping Through Time, Spells, Magic, Pick Pocketing, Stealth, Mind Control, Great Physical Strength, Herbology, Potions Making, Explosive Mastery, Jutsu, and many more talents. All of these and more can be learned from the various Learning Centers surounding the Arena-

As the Aidl finishes speaking Husky comes around the corner of the shop. Spotting you she smiles and waves a big hand in greeting. Careful to not knock the girl over, the big woman grabs hold of one of the servers and motions over to the table you sit at. The girl nods and follows Husky over to the table. Sitting down the woman smiles and says, "Just thought we'd get our orders out of the way first so we don't have to be interupted twice while we talk." Winking at you she smiles and orders something in a strange tongue you don't recognise. The girl nods and you hear a whirring noise from inside her head. Turning to you you see that her irises seem to be a bright shade of gold. She smiles and Husky wispers, "Don't worry, she can speak your language."

Hana_Ryuzkai: Melusia waves a hand as if to dismiss the matter entirely. "Cerrie, have you ever heard the saying'Once bitten, twice shy'? Well, in this case, I would say you are one to avoid the bit the first time. It is not something to be ashamed of cherrie." Brushing a few hairs back from your face he places a few fingers under your chin and presses upwards so you look up at him. "Do not feel bad cerrie. Of all the reactions I've gotten, yours is one of the tamest." With a final touch to your forehead he moves back over to the table and sits with a florish. Motioning for you to sit, he pours himself another glass of wine, setting your glass where it belongs beside your plate. Grinning wide he takes a deep breath. "It smells so fine, I can not wait." Picking up his fork once again he adds, "So, what else would you like to know cherrie?"

Hana_Ryuzkai
The girl next door

Old 10-20-2011, 07:49 PM

Jasmin sniffled a little more as Melusia lifted her chin and explained to her that he understood where she had come from,and that it was one of the better reactions he had seen thus far. she nodded her head and fallowed him back to the table, where she seated herself and smiled at how he was still enthusiastic about the food she had made. It did indeed smell wonderful, and she had worked her hardest to make it just right for Melusia. So with a new form of confidence, Jasmin picked up her own fork and smiled as she was asked if she had any more questions.
"Well I guess I want to know what you think of what I made!" She said rather enthusiastically as she scooped up some of the food on her fork and dug in. She smiled a little at how well she made the dish, it was a little surprising but she did expect this much from herself. Being left along for so long had caused her to learn quickly the things she didn't know, and cooking had become something quite essential to her growth. When she finished the bite she was on, she gave a small look at the wine before deciding to be adventurous. "You know I've never tasted wine, or anything with alcohol in it, so here I go!" she said before picking up the glass and taking a drink of the dark liquid. It was a very different taste then what she was normally use to. Sweet yet bitter, it made her feel a little warm as she drank it.