Evergreen Goddess
Lady's My Bestest Friend! ~
Send a message via MSN to Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-22-2016, 04:29 AM

Myriam frowned, listening to what Luke had to say. It seemed Leila was really hurt, well now she really did believe it would be best for everyone if she just locked herself in her room and turned her door to stone. "Oh..." she started and sighed sadly. "Well..I think she's upset with me for not liking the fairies. She wanted me to meet her at midnight last night by the back stairs. I thought she had something important to tell me, I went and she showed me a place in the forest. It was nice, but I was expecting a conversation. I actually thought she was going to show me a specific tree I'd rather not visit again." Myriam muttered. She truly felt like a monster right now, she was sure that Luke was going to hate her now too. Not that it mattered.

It was probably better if they hated her. Any chances of actually having friends was now destroyed. "I didn't think she'd get so upset. Before I knew it there was a cat that ran away and Leila's clothes piled on the ground. So I picked them up and took them to my room to turn them in today, which you can see that I did." she continued and hung her head in disappointment. "This is why I don't get close to people Luke. This is exactly what I wanted to prevent. Hopefully your sister goes back to her normal self eventually. If you wanted me to help I'm afraid there's nothing I can really do to help. I think all you can do is wait and hope for the best. She'll come back soon enough you'll see." Myriam explained.

Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 05-22-2016, 12:05 PM

Luke sighed and ran his hand through his hair, messing up the thick, black locks. She had taken Myriam to her secret place? That was a surprise, she rarely took anyone there, she had been going there for months before she even showed it to Luke. He wondered why she had even taken her, what was she getting at? Myriam didn't sound like she meant to upset Leila, and normally nothing would upset her, but that place... well, it was special to her, and apparently means more to her than even Luke thought.

"No, don't... It's not your fault. She's... It's just that, that is her special place. She doesn't show it to many people, she thinks it's magical..." Luke struggled to explain it, to get Myriam to understand. Leila didn't always think things through, she shouldn't have asked Myriam to meet her in the middle of the night without telling her why. Though she must have been really upset to shift in front of Myriam, something she didn't even do in front of him, not since they were children anyways. This is why he avoided people. How could he help two upset females without making an idiot of himself? That would probably be impossible. "I think she expects everyone to love that place as much as she does, and was surprised that you... didn't. She worries so much about making other people happy." Now he was babbling and he was doing a poor job of explaining himself.

"You couldn't have known she would react that way. Please, don't blame yourself, any other thing and she wouldn't have cared, it's just that place. We've fought over it many times before. I should have known it would be to blame for her mood... I didn't come here to blame you, Myriam. I just wanted to know what happened." This hadn't really gone how he expected, not that he knew what to expect really, he came out here without thinking, just desperate to know what was wrong with Leila. If it concerned her faeries then Myriam was right, she'd just need time to sort through it, and understand that it would be okay.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-22-2016, 05:32 PM

"Her special place..." Myriam repeated. "It was...nice. I don't like the fairies though, I'd prefer to stay away from them." she said quietly to no one in particular. If Leila expected everyone to like that place then she was just going to be depressed all the time. She clearly wanted friends but she obviously didn't even know anything about how to make friends. Taking them to places in the middle on the night and making a scene when they didn't agree with you wasn't how you made friends. Although Myriam wasn't one to give advice seeing as how she didn't even have any friends still. "Well now you know what happened. "If I were you I would try to talk to her, let her know it's okay and then just give her some space and time. She'll feel like herself eventually. A person can't be depressed forever." Myriam commented.

He didn't come to blame her, that didn't mean that Myriam still didn't feel terrible about what happened. "Perhaps I should go and apologize?" she guessed with a confused tone in her voice. Myriam wasn't sure what she was supposed to do at this point but maybe apologizing would bring Leila back to her persistent self sooner. "I apologize, I'm not sure what to do in this sort of situation. Normally when people are upset, giving them space is what you need to do but maybe that could just make things worse...I don't know." she explained honestly.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-22-2016, 06:49 PM

What could he say to that? His sister was complicated in many ways people didn't seem to understand. She rarely let anything get to her because she took very little seriously, but her faeries... for some reason they held something over her, did something to her, and she was always different there. It wasn't a bad thing, he wasn't concerned, but he had warned her about showing others, that they might not like it the way she does, a lot of people didn't trust or like faeries. Well actually, he was pretty sure they were not even faeries, but will-o-the-wisp, but she didn't believe him. If they had actually been faeries, he might be more concerned.

Sitting on the ground he sighed, holding his head in his hands as he tried to figure this out. Only one time before had Leila been so upset, and she hadn't been herself for weeks. Would it really be that bad this time? No, it couldn't be, nothing truly bad had even happened. So what if Myriam didn't like her place? She should have asked her if she wanted to go, not dragged her there. "I'm sorry my sister put you in this position. She doesn't always think ahead... Or thinks everyone else is as careless and carefree as she is." He was sure his sister had pretty much ruined Myriam's day, first by forcing their company on her, then by dragging her out in the middle of the night.

"I know she'll be fine, you don't need to go through any trouble... She always gets over it, and she'll forget about it soon enough." Luke was surprised that he was actually having a conversation of sorts with Myriam, he hadn't done or said anything stupid yet, and she hadn't left. After yesterday he was lucky she would even talk to him.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-22-2016, 07:29 PM

Myriam frowned, she knew that Luke probably was at a loss of what to do and she wished there was something she could do to help. Looking around, she tried to see if there was something she could give him to cheer him up even if it was just for a little while. She looked down to the pile of things she had collected and picked up the chipped sand dollar then knelt down beside him and held it out for him to take. Myriam didn't know what to say, but she hoped that he would accept the gift and that it would cheer him up just a little bit. The tooth was hers to keep, there was no way she was giving anyone that. Soon enough, well how soon was 'soon enough'? Weeks? Months? Days? Years? Hours? Nothing terribly bad had happened so there was really no reason for Leila to hold some sort of grudge against her was there?

"I'm...well..." Myriam started and pouted. Maybe a change of subject would be nice? Or would that be seen as rude? "Umm..." she didn't know what to say. She wanted to talk but her mind kept drawing a blank. "Y-yes...I am sure she will forget eventually. One must just be...patient I suppose." she said finally with a small nod of her head.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-22-2016, 07:38 PM

Luke took the offered gift, turning it over in his hands. It was interesting and he wondered how it had ended up here. It was still a bit wet, had she gotten it from this pond? That didn't make sense. "This doesn't belong around here..." He muttered, recalling when he had seen them in books. The beach is where they were normally found, not ponds. Perhaps someone had brought it here and dropped it in? Either way, it would be nice to add to his collection. His junk box, as Leila called it, but she just didn't understand. He liked to collect weird and different things. Myriam would probably laugh at that so he kept quiet about it, only muttering a quick "thanks".

"I wouldn't be surprised if she was back at it again tomorrow, meddling in my business." Luke joked, but knew it would probably be true. She hated when he told her what to do yet she spent as much time as she could meddling in his life, trying to match him with her friends, do new things, and just generally do things he didn't want to do.

What else could he say? Now that he knew what happened with Leila there wasn't much else he could do, and he didn't blame Myriam. Curiosity soon got the better of him and he looked up at Myriam, holding out the sand dollar, "Have you found anything else cool down there?" He was sure there had to be, over the years people have visited this pond, which he figured had been here for... well, he wasn't sure, but the trees nearby were quite tall and thick, showing their age.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-22-2016, 08:15 PM

"I..I know. But I found it in the pond here. I thought it was pretty neat-o so I grabbed it. I want you to have it though." Myriam answered quietly, afraid of talking too loud or too much. "You're welcome." she whispered. Yes Leila would probably be back to her normal self tomorrow, probably not though. It was too soon to tell but if he thought she'd be back tomorrow then she probably would be. He obviously was the only person who truly understood Leila. She was glad that Luke had accepted the silly gift, however she wouldn't be surprised if he threw it out later. She wondered if he even liked it. He had probably accepted it just to be nice.

"I hope your sister is back to her old self soon..." Myriam commented softly, a small smile on her lips. Hearing Luke ask her what other stuff she found, Myriam nodded and gathered her little pile of things she found. "I found this so far. I am sure that there are more things deeper down, but this is what I was able to find as of now." she explained and pointed to the pile of things. She had some bit of net, some seashells, the tooth, and various other small things.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-22-2016, 08:32 PM

Luke made his way to the pile of things, leaning over them, picking through the treasures. "How did all this stuff end up in here?" He mused, more to himself than anything as he looked over each item. The tooth was by far the strangest, but it was also kind of cool. Except who would put their lost tooth in a pond? Or if the didn't did that mean there was... more? "You don't suppose the person this belongs to is down there?" He asked as he held up the tooth, far too curious to be worried about how morbid the question was. Leila always said he was a bit tactless, and weird, and this proved it more than anything else. Talking about the possibility of a body was not exactly polite conversation.

His long, slender fingers turned the tooth over, trying to remember what he had learned from the books, seeing if he could maybe figure out who it had belonged to. Did teeth work that way? Perhaps not, his mind was a bit jumbled and he couldn't remember, he hadn't studied forensics enough. This did bother him so much, but he wasn't a fan of seeing fresh blood, or anything like that. He felt squeamish even when he got a small cut that would bleed.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-22-2016, 08:53 PM

Myriam was silent as she watched Luke look through her findings. She slightly panicked when he picked up the tooth, hoping he wouldn't want to keep it for himself. "The owner of the tooth?" Myriam repeated. She was intrigued by the possibility that perhaps there was something down there missing a tooth. "I am not sure, but I can always look." she answered with an excited grin on her face. However, what if the owner was still alive? Well what if they were dead? "If the owner is down there, then I suppose I should return his or her tooth to them." she added. It was silly probably, to give back a possibly dead thing their missing tooth. It seemed like the right thing to do though.

"If the owner is down there, well I would be quite concerned. If they were dead of course. If they were alive it wouldn't bother me so much.." she stated confidently. Now she was curious though and wanted to go down there and search for other things. However, she was enjoying this little conversation with Luke as well and even though she could invite him to explore the pond with her, she wasn't sure if he could swim or if he would even want to go exploring.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-23-2016, 12:07 AM

It would figure the only time he could have a conversation was when it was about something weird, like dead bodies in a lake. He smiled a bit, she didn't seemed too weirded out, instead she was just as curious as he was. That was something that rarely happened. "I'd love to check it out..." He mumbled, wondering if he could transform into something to check it out but he didn't want to intrude on Myriam's space, her pond, and he also shouldn't shift in front of her. Well, the shifting into something wasn't usually the problem, it was returning back. Yet...

He moved to the ponds edge, leaning over and looking into the water, trying to see how deep the pond went. "I wonder how they would have gotten in here... if they are in here, that is. The tooth looks rather normal, not like some water dwelling creature I've read about..." He was lost in his thoughts for a moment, too caught up in the excitement of discovery. "How long have you been exploring this pond?" He turned around, sitting with his back to the pond, looking up at Myriam.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-23-2016, 01:10 AM

"Really?!" Myriam blurted out in excitement before she could stop herself. Realizing what she did, she blushed brightly and smiled nervously. "I-I mean, you do?" she asked nervously this time. "I could always go check it out if you can't swim you know... I can bring back whatever I find which I am sure will be quite a bit. Maybe even more teeth." she said and tapped her chin with her finger, thinking about all the things she could find down there. "Well...maybe someone dropped all this stuff down there over the years?" Myriam suggested. It was the only possibility that she could come up with at the moment. This school was a lot older than any of the people here, past students were bound to drop things in here for fear of the things being taken from them. Or maybe they accidentally dropped them in here and never found out about it.

Whatever the reason was, Myriam wanted to see what else was waiting in the depths below. "How long?" Myriam repeated and smiled. "I started exploring this pond since I found it when I first arrived here three years ago. I have quite a few things in my room...somewhere." she said hesitantly. She was probably freaking him out, and if she over showed him the things she had stashed away in her room he would surely never even give her a second glance or talk to her again. Probably for the best but not worth the risk of being embarrassed.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-23-2016, 01:37 AM

So this is what a conversation with someone like-minded was like? Luke managed a smile and looked back towards the pond. "Well I can't swim very well in my human form, but I'm sure I could manage to change into something..." He still wasn't sure it was a good idea, but he was too curious to be concerned with all that could go wrong with it. She had seen Leila shift and didn't seem to freaked out by it, so surely she wouldn't hold it against him. She probably didn't need his help though, she was obviously very capable.

His thoughts were cut off when she mentioned she had more. "Oh, you have more? I've love to see it... I collect things too." Sure, they were weird or interesting things he'd found, and most useless, but he enjoyed it. "Well, it isn't a very big, or nice collection, just things I've found." It wasn't much, some old coins, a weird stone with some strange carvings, a small book in some language he had never seen... plus some other strange odds and ends. The best one was a glass cat's eye eyeball. He could't imagine what the use for it ever was, but it seemed to just stare straight at you.

That was enough about that though, he wanted to know what else was in the pond. "I think we should see what else we can find..."

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-23-2016, 02:11 AM

He could transform? Wait, that cat was Leila then?! Well then, that would explain the pile of clothes left behind. "I see..." she said quietly and nodded. "I do, I have a ton of things in my room. This tooth here is going in the jar since it's so small. I have found horns in there two years ago I believe. I thought they were pretty cool but now that I think about it, I think they're actually some sort of pincers." she said and gasped as a butterfly flew past her, scaring her and causing her to fall back into the pound. Myriam coughed and sighed softly. She didn't like small things that flew, it creeped her out. "S-sorry.." she apologized, clearly embarrassed.

"What sort of things do you collect?" Myriam asked as she climbed out of the pond again. "I'd love to see the things you have gathered. If you want to show me that is." she said quietly. She wasn't going to force him to show her anything he didn't wat to. It was his collection after all. "Oh, you want to go right now?" she asked him, slightly surprised but happy. She didn't think anyone would ever want to explore this pond with her but he was obviously just as adventurous as his sister. Just not as....persistent as her? She didn't even know but both siblings seemed to enjoy the unknown.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-23-2016, 11:29 AM

Luke managed a small laugh when she had fallen in the pond. He had seen the butterfly as well, he had been about to point it out to her, thinking she might enjoy it. Apparently she had not, that quite explained why she didn't enjoy Leila's secret spot and her faeries, if she didn't like flying things.

"Weird or strange things I've found. Old coins, a book in a language I've never seen, stuff like that." He shrugged, it wasn't really an impressive collection, even his roommate Sven thought it was weird and wasn't too interested in looking at it. In fact, Sven had made him put the eyeball away, since it seemed to always manage to be looking at him, even after he'd turn it away, the next time it would be turned back around. Luke didn't really believe that, he thought Sven was only being dramatic, but he put it away all the same.

"Well, I haven't any more classes to go to, and it's a nice day... Why not explore it now?" Luke was already standing up. Myriam didn't seem turned off by the idea of exploring, and didn't seem worried about him transforming, so what was stopping them? "You can go in first, if you'd like... I'll just go behind those trees..." He muttered, he wasn't sure he wanted to explain exactly why he needed to go behind the trees, if she hadn't figured it out based on Leila's clothes having been left behind last night.

What could he shift into? He was pretty limited, as he really needed to imagine the creature in his mind if he wanted it to work. A fish couldn't leave the water, a seal had flippers, which were pretty useless to collect things. Oh! He knew what would work perfectly. It just took him a minute to picture it, remembering from their trips to the zoo as children.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-23-2016, 03:34 PM

Myriam wondered where he had found those things. Did he find them in a pond too? No, what would a book be doing in a pond? And one in a different language at that. "Very interesting. I wonder who that book belonged to and why it was left behind.." she said softly. If Leila was here, she was sure she'd be enjoying seeing her brother talking to someone. "You're right, we can explore it now if you'd like." Myriam agreed. She didn't have anything to do today, so now was the perfect time to go exploring. Listening to Luke, she was confused at first. Why was he going to hide? Then she remembered, he was going to transform and that meant the clothes came off. "Ohhhh r-right. I'll go in first." she stuttered nervously, a bright blush on her face as she quickly dove into the pond and looked around.

"Hmm...I wonder..." she said quietly to herself. Myriam let out a happy sigh, she was always the happiest in water. What would they find? Hopefully they found more neat things. Maybe some coins for his collection, that would be really nice. Maybe more teeth..or well anything would be welcomed right now. She decided she was going to wait for him before swimming off deeper down, she didn't think it would be easy to get lost here since it was just a pond but it was best to play it safe.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-23-2016, 05:52 PM

Luke wished that he was as good as his father had been, he could partially shift, to give himself powers or abilities, like gills to breath under water, or wings to fly, while remaining human. Him and Leila had never managed to get it right, their ability limited to creatures they could easily picture and as they were, nothing added on. It bothered him that he wouldn't be able to really talk or communicate with Myriam while they were down there, but he would do his best.

Moments after Myriam entered the water, Luke, now in the form of a slightly large, dark grey otter, dove in. He did circles around her, enjoying this form more than he had remembered. It had been probably ten years since he'd last did this, back before being shipped off to other relatives and not really being allowed to use his ability. The only downside to this form was that he would need to surface for air, but at least he could grab things. Not wanting to waste time he quickly dove down, sure Myriam would follow.

The bottom of the pond was mostly rocks, he noticed, as well as some trash it seemed people felt the need to throw in. Something glinted in the light and he got closer to it, yet he couldn't tell what it was. It was flat and made of metal, no larger than a playing card. The pond was too murky to make out much more and he grabbed it before propelling himself back to the surface. Not wanting to waste too much time, knowing he would eventually tire being in this form, he left the object on the grass beside the pond and swam back down to join Myriam.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-23-2016, 11:26 PM

Myriam smiled when she saw the large otter swimming around her. Laughing, she reached out and pet it. "Well look at you!" she chimed. "You look adorable Luke, great animal choice!" she said honestly. When he started to swim away, she started to follow after him. There were many rocks, none that caught her eye and so far no creature dead or alive. So they were probably the only ones down here...then again maybe not. Swimming deeper, she saw Luke swim off and smiled. He probably found something he found interesting which meant there were still some neat things down here. Her hand moved some rocks to the sides and she found another neat looking seashell but gasped and dropped it when something poked out of it.

She was going to have to be careful about what she picked up. There was so much trash scattered, but she was sure she would find at least one nice thing in here. No teeth at the moment though. "Huh, disappointing." she said to herself. "Well I think it's safe to say no dead creature is in here." she said and looked over at Luke before looking around for anything she could find. There was a shoe but she didn't need a shoe so she left it alone and kept looking. "Oh my!" she gasped and picked up something the size of her head. Luckily it wasn't a head. It was a stone, but it had a face on it. "Oooh, interesting!" she said as she lifted up the heavy stone. She had no use for it though, so she'd hand it over to Luke if he wanted it. Making sure she didn't drop it, she started swimming towards the surface.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-24-2016, 01:21 AM

Luke had nearly forgotten his purpose in being there, he was enjoying being carefree for a moment. Was this what Leila felt like all the time? Running free, not worrying about what she was doing? It had been months since he had shifted, and only then because Leila had pushed him to do so and he hadn't even really enjoyed it then. Perhaps his sister wasn't as crazy as he thought. He watched Myriam, she had found something and he swam towards her, trying to get a better look. A stone head? Perhaps from a statue, but how had it ended up here?

He returned to the surface, taking in the air he still required. Was there anything more hidden below? He didn't think so, the pond was only so big and with the to of them searching they should have found what remained. Yet he didn't want it to be over... Perhaps there was another pond? Myriam seemed more open today, more at home here in the water, which wasn't surprising, considering what she was. He had searched in the library for more information but there wasn't much, a small blurb in a book about gorgons that mentioned they could come in other forms, but all seemed to be able to turn things to stone. Did Myriam do that? Perhaps one day he would be able to ask, to find out more, but their friendship, if that is what this was, was far too new for that.

Not wanting to return back to land just yet, Luke rolled onto his back, floating in the pond. He had forgotten how weird it could feel to be in another form, his body seemed to know how to control itself, even if his mind wasn't sure. He only wished he could still talk while in this form, could communicate with Myriam.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-24-2016, 01:41 AM

Myriam set the head down on the grass, gasping for air. "Woah look at that!" she said, finally taking this time to really look at what it was she had found. How did it get here? Did someone make this and didn't like it so they threw it away? It felt hard like stone but maybe it was hardened clay? She wasn't sure, maybe Luke would know? "You can have this, I don't want it. If you don't want it I can put it back though." Myriam suggested and looked over at Luke who seemed to be in his own world. Now Myriam watched him with a smile on her face, he seemed so happy. Quiet as ever but happy, and that was something that made her happy as well. She was always happy whenever she saw other people happy around her.

She didn't want to bother him, so she swam back down and continued to look around. She found some rope and a broken piece of jewelry. She grabbed them both though, they were interesting in their own way. Reaching the surface, she picked up a lotus flower and sighed softly. She really wanted one, but the only one to have one she'd have to have a bowl of sorts and fill it with water. However, it wouldn't be right to just take this flower from its home, that would be considered stealing and she wasn't a thief.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-24-2016, 02:05 AM

Luke was unable to answer her questions, but he had hoped she wouldn't mind him keeping the head. It was interesting, and he liked it. Perhaps he could find out more, was there a body that it had once belonged to? Was it recently made or was it centuries old? It was a puzzle and he liked puzzles. He swam just under the surface, watching as she continued her search, she didn't seem to find much, and he saw nothing else from where he was. When she resurfaced she watched her, she seemed quite interested in the flower. The lotus, a flower that he didn't think was native to the area. Had the groundskeepers put them here years ago? Or perhaps it was a different type, one he hadn't read about. His interest had never been in botany, so he couldn't say for sure.

She seemed to look at it for a long time, was that sadness he detected? Perhaps she thought it was pretty, but why didn't she just take one? He would have to ask once he shifted back. He dove down, resurfacing just a few feet from her, one of leaves of the plant resting on his head. Again he dove back down, splashing her as he did. Under the surface he circled her, nudging her then swimming away, repeating the process a few times, wanting to be carefree for just a few minutes more, before he grew tired from maintaining the form and would need to shift back. This was something he would have to do again, and he should probably apologize to Leila for not believing her about this all these years.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-24-2016, 02:51 AM

Myriam left the lotus flower alone and laughed when she saw Luke with a leaf on top of his head. "You seem very happy Luke." she said and smiled, "I'm glad. It's always nice to see people so happy over the most simple of things." she said. "I believe it's the smallest things that bring the most happiness." she commented softly. Then Luke was gone, and she gasped when she felt something against her leg. She laughed again though when she saw it was Luke being as playful as ever. She would reach down eventually and gently pet him. "Hello there." she said quietly, in a whispered voice almost. He deserved to be happy after all that had happened. Hopefully she would see both Luke and Leila so happy again.

"I'm glad you had a good time Luke, that's all a Gorgon can ask for." she said and giggled sweetly. Myriam blushed softly and pet him some more. She couldn't remember the last time that she had felt so...happy. She couldn't remember the last time she had laughed over simple things like this or even giggled. Maybe this is what it was like to ave friends. Though it still felt odd to call this person her friend. A friend was someone you knew and talked to for a much longer time than just two days. That's what she thought anyway.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-24-2016, 10:19 AM

Luke struggled to admit to himself how much he was truly enjoying this, and that was just being around someone new, someone different. He wouldn't even get started on the petting... He could hear Myriam's words, she seemed happy as well, more so than yesterday, anyways. The thought of returning to his awkward human form made him sad, it was probably better that he couldn't talk, couldn't say stupid things like he usually did. Yet he could already feel the weariness, it took effort for him to retain this form now, and soon he wouldn't even be able to do that. All the progress with Myriam would probably be ruined should he shift back to human at this point, his unclothed state scaring her off.

One more quick lap around the pond, enjoying the freedom of swimming and not worrying about much else, before he climbed from the water. He would need more practice if he was going to stay shifted longer, and to eat a larger meal, he supposed. His stomach growled at him, he could imagine how much worse it would be when he returned to his human form. Would the cafeteria still be open? He hoped so, otherwise he'd have to eat just about every snack left in his room just to fill his stomach.

Knowing it was time he scurried back behind the trees, hidden away from Myriam's sight. No one else was around, which was a good thing as he shifted back to his human form. He should have taken a moment to lay in the sun and dry, as now he was forced to put dry clothes over wet skin, but it would have to do. It didn't take long before he walked out from behind the trees, shoes in his hands, his shaggy, black hair still dripping water. What could he say now that wouldn't ruin the moment? He sighed and sat at the edge of the pond, letting his feet dry before he dared to put shoes on.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-24-2016, 11:09 PM

Then he was gone, probably to get dressed so even though he was hiding Myriam made sure to avert her eyes and get out of the pond to look over at their findings. Myriam picked up the rope and decided to try using it to tie her hair up in some sort of pony tail. Looking at the broken piece of jewelry, she had only gotten it because it was shiny and she wondered if Leila would like it or would she think it was trash? There really was only one way to find out but she didn't think Leila would want to see her after what had happened. Myriam sat down on the soft grass and stared at the broken jewelry, debating on what she should do with it. If Leila didn't want it then she had no problem keeping it for herself.

"This was fun, and I think we found some pretty interesting items." Myriam said to Luke. "Perhaps we will find much more in other ponds. That of course, will have to wait for another day." she said and heard a bell ring, signaling the end of classes. Maybe Leila would be looking for Luke now, or maybe she would just go straight to any other class she had today. "Luke, do you really think your sister will be okay?" she asked him curiously.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-25-2016, 12:59 AM

Luke smiled, she wanted to do this again? That surprised him yet he was quite pleased with the idea of it. Perhaps this wouldn't be so bad, if they spent their time exploring and looking for strange things, rather than talking. He scooted closer to her, leaning over the items they had found. He turned the flat, metal piece over in his hands. It had a strange imprint on it, in the shape of a dragon. Despite being at the pond it wasn't rusted, it was in near perfect condition, aside from a few surface scratches. "I wonder what this is..." He mumbled to himself, trying to think if he had seen it before.

"Leila? Yeah, she doesn't let things bother her for long, and I will have a talk with her... She should have told you where she was taking you. And probably shouldn't have dragged you out so late. Give her some time, if you want, I'm sure she will be fine by tomorrow." Leila never stayed angry long, she didn't seem capable of it. She didn't always understand how to be... mindful of others feelings. Not everyone was like her. Myriam seemed so worried, he felt bad for coming and asking her about it. It wasn't really her fault, anyways.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 05-25-2016, 01:56 AM

Myriam looked over at the piece of metal that Luke was looking over and poked at it with her finger. "Hmm, I'm not sure. It doesn't look like it's from around here though. It looks....old." she said and smiled. "Really cool." she added. Luke was right hopefully. Well he had to be, he knew his sister better than anyone else really so she had to take his word for what it was. "You're right." Myriam said and chuckled softly. "N-no it's alright. She thought I would like it, how was she going to know I wouldn't? I mean...I don't hate it but I'm just not fond of the floating orbs." she muttered softly. Those fairies or whatever they were frightened her. Anything that flew scared her really.

"So...d-do you think she'd want us all to have lunch together again tomorrow?" Myriam asked. She wouldn't have a problem with it, but she wondered if Luke would even want to. "Although I'm sure you'd prefer to eat lunch by yourself and I understand completely." Myriam assured and reached up to make sure the rope was still tied up in her hair.