R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 02-04-2018, 06:27 AM

I just discovered the "convert to 8-bit" layer optoon that takes away the white xD whoops xD

And I've doenloaded a bunch o brushes from deviantart and even made my own lol

Bound Birdie
Mistress of Mischief and Mayhem

Old 02-04-2018, 07:10 AM

Hey that's awesome for the coloring contest :) Also a pretty nifty tool in general ~ what kinda custom brushes can you make, like stamps?

R u b y

Old 02-04-2018, 07:11 AM

You can make scatter brushes and stuff :D pretty much any image you can just make it a brush if it's a PNG :D
oh and you can make pattern brushes and...yeah it's fun xD I'm not explaining it very well xD

Bound Birdie

Old 02-04-2018, 07:16 AM

OH the pattern brushes could be VERY handy, I love brocade fabrics but always have trouble drawing them, it's hard for me to see in my mind how the pattern would fold with fabric if that makes sense? That could make it a lot easier. Is that how you did the pattern on the dress in your hardcore entry?

R u b y

Old 02-04-2018, 07:31 AM

Lol no I downloaded a circular brush and added it myself. All the patterns and stuff I hand placed xD

---------- Post added 02-04-2018 at 02:32 AM ----------

The pattern brushes are a fixed image and then your brush is kinda like a magic marker when it reveals when you draw.

Bound Birdie

Old 02-04-2018, 07:44 AM

That sounds like fun! I really like those as kids XD now I have a bunch of black light temp tat pens that are similar so when I go to raves I can look awesome/crazy there but not so wacko out on the streets waiting to get in or riding the bus home after XD

R u b y

Old 02-04-2018, 09:13 AM

Those sound awesome! xD
Do you wear kandi? I like to make that ^^

Bound Birdie

Old 02-04-2018, 09:24 AM

LOL I still do sometimes XD it's handy for trade~ my best piece is a face mask (just the lower half like you would wear a bandanna but black and bright purple and blue beads) and then just LOTS of bracelets and chokers mostly saying things like "420" and "plur" XD pretty stereo typical but man those things can be like currency at the right festival and it's like "you know I made this for like a dollar right?" lol

R u b y

Old 02-04-2018, 09:34 AM

Yeah I know about the masks xD
WHERE ARE YOU EVEN FINDING SUPPLIES FOR A DOLLAR GURL. Anything over a single costs more than a dollar xD pony beads are actually not that cheap when you want to make more than singles.

Bound Birdie

Old 02-04-2018, 09:47 AM

Oh I don't trade the good stuff, but I get bead kits at the dollar tree all the time :) just the super cheap plastic ones but they still have some awesome bright colors :) so really less than a dollar lol

---------- Post added 02-04-2018 at 12:55 AM ----------

also this site :https://www.ponybeadstore.com/

R u b y

Old 02-04-2018, 10:01 AM

....I'm seriously shocked with how many searches I did and how many forum posts on kandipatterns that I went through that that site never popped up.....
Thanks! xD

Yeah I don't understand spending all the time making epics just to trade them away. I mean if it's like a planned trade with a friend or even a gift that makes sense, but those get expensive!

Have you made a UFO cuff? I like those xD

---------- Post added 02-04-2018 at 05:14 AM ----------

Seriously I love you for this website omg. It's exactly what I've been searching for! Now I don't have to buy packs at walmart xD

Bound Birdie

Old 02-04-2018, 10:18 AM

I've tried but I can't seem to get them to be even. Like there's always one side the comes out more than the other and it's just ... lumpy :/
Yeah no problem, the dollar tree ones are really cheap and have that angry plastic seem that doesn't feel great, but if it's something I really want to keep or is going to be on my face it can't be scratchy
Meh there's a personal joy many get from giving things like that away, so I get can that. Also there's uh a certain state some might be in that makes them more generous then they would be normally XD

R u b y

Old 02-04-2018, 10:50 AM

omfg I never even considered that!!!! I've never been to a rave outside of an anime con and omg That's a VERY good point xD

---------- Post added 02-04-2018 at 05:51 AM ----------

I really love glow in the dark beads as a side note xD

Bound Birdie

Old 02-04-2018, 10:56 AM

LOL yeah to those who don't partake prolly wouldn't think of it XD
I like glow in the dark, but they never seem to get enough sun to charge for me so I try to use the black light reactive colors. Honestly a lot of the pale pearl colored ones look REALLY bright under blacklight :) I have been liking the clear ones more lately too, at first I didn't like them until I saw a girls with this like mask/WHOLE neck and down over the shoulders all in clear with just a few lines of black it looked REALLY good on her... and now I wanna try one XD

R u b y

Old 02-04-2018, 11:00 AM

That's awesome! I love the clear ones xD I think my favorite single I've made has clear red and black and I added a bunch of different sized safety pins :D I'll have to show you sometime

Bound Birdie

Old 02-04-2018, 11:23 AM

OOOH that does sounds sexy! Pictures please! I'mma big fan of safety pins and not just because they hold a lot of my clothes and bags together

R u b y

Old 02-04-2018, 11:24 AM

I'll have to get one for you later xD It's 6am for me and I'm about to go to bed xD

---------- Post added 02-04-2018 at 06:24 AM ----------

I'll show you my other cuffs and stuff too ^^

Bound Birdie

Old 02-04-2018, 11:27 AM

lol go to bed! You've been awake all night!
but yes show me ALL the things
just later like tomorrow or whenever XD

R u b y

Old 02-04-2018, 11:33 AM

I will show you all the things! xD

I've only gotten one single from someone else lol. It was really sweet too because she went to the rave at the con that I couldn't go to (I got too dizzy) and she brought me back a single <3

AND GOODNIGHT xD

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-05-2018, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bound Birdie View Post
I personally didn't really like photoshop the opportunity I had to use it... I found it ... overwhelming I guess, so I don't mind simplicity for sure :) But I like the idea of custom brushes, not sure I'll ever fully give up open canvas, but it's always nice to try new things to :) But blending is a big thing for me, I don't really do cell shading personally and it seems like some programs don't blend black well at all and my stuff just come out looking dirty ...lol I've also heard that ... um whats it called Sia is good and Gimp but haven't tried those either

yeah, i've heard lots of artists say the only thing photoshop is good for is editing photos and to some extent i agree. PS is terrible for fill-bucketing because it leaves this white gap between the color and the lines. it's also awful for drawing imho because i still haven't found a brush that doesn't look blurry. every other drawing program does such crisper lines with their default brush. but it's good for shading, changing the color of your lines, and adjusting your colors after you've already put them down.

it's nice to have multiple different programs you can work with for different purposes, but i feel you i'm pretty much sticking with FireAlpaca forever. xD also, i used SAI once! it was so good. but it gave me the same feeling Photoshop gave you, it just feels too complicated... there's so much you can do with it. but i also never found a good download of it and i can't afford to pay for an art program, especially since i've got a good free one.

Bound Birdie

Old 02-06-2018, 06:46 AM

Is there a download link somewhere for Fire Alpaca so I could give it a try?

Also what do you guys think of these coloring pages?

R u b y

Old 02-06-2018, 10:08 AM

Here's the link :D

https://firealpaca.com/

---------- Post added 02-06-2018 at 05:09 AM ----------

I also suggest using imgur or something other than photobucket because it takes forever to load images x.x

---------- Post added 02-06-2018 at 05:10 AM ----------

Sure prove me wrong photobucket....-immediately loads after posting that-

I DO REALLY LIKE THESE THOUGH :D Will the heart Ghost posted be in it?

Last edited by R u b y; 02-06-2018 at 10:39 AM..

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 02-06-2018, 07:52 PM

yeah, i like those all a lot!!

R u b y

Old 02-07-2018, 01:18 AM

Will we have longer than the event to work on them? xD

Bound Birdie

Old 02-08-2018, 01:13 PM

YAY thanks for that I download it in TWO DAYS when my charger will supposedly be here!

And umm I'll tentatively say the deadline will be the last day of the event ~ but I'll be very liberal with extensions XD also I started the last one mid event ~ which I won't do this time cuse I'll be prepared XD
I like the vampire one but not sure if it's really V-Day ish...
might just do the candy hearts ~ the "paper" heart and the HEART OF FLESH lol call it "if I only had heart" *whistles wizard of oz*