Nalin Sun
Petal Paradise
NPC

Old 01-25-2014, 04:19 PM

Many thanks to zigbigadorlube for the banner! ^^;

Last edited by Nalin Sun; 02-12-2014 at 04:51 PM..

Nalin Sun
Petal Paradise
NPC

Old 01-25-2014, 04:27 PM

Not sure how the event works? Read on, and hopefully your questions will be answered. If there's anything you're still unsure about, please post here and we will do what we can to help. *smiles*

To make things easier on people who come to this thread looking for help, please try to keep off-topic chat to a minimum. Thanks, and we hope you enjoy the event!

Last edited by Nalin Sun; 01-25-2014 at 04:47 PM..

Nalin Sun
Petal Paradise
NPC

Old 01-25-2014, 04:29 PM

Frequently Asked Questions

• When will the event end?

The event will last about 7 days. We're aiming to end the event on February 21st, (Hour TBA) Pacific Time

• How do I participate in the event?

The staff have prepared many wonderful contests and games for you, which can be found stickied at the top of the Event Forum. Links to each contest are also provided in the next post.

• How do I earn event currency?

You will gain some event currency for each post that you make in the forums during the event.

Additionally, you might gain some more by playing the game of chance every 15 minutes. But it's a true game of chance: you may win big, or you may walk away empty-handed!

Chance Game Info:
    • Aces are LOW - don't be caught off guard!
    • Up to 5 pairs of cards to play every 20 minutes, if you guess correctly.
    • Cash out and collect your winnings, or risk losing the pot by guessing incorrectly the next round...your choice!

Note: In an effort to be kinder to the server we've reduced the frequency of Chance rounds a wee bit. To help offset this, we also lowered the event token price for the EIs (event rares). Thanks for your understanding!

• What is event currency for?

It's there for you to be able to gain Event Items (EIs), which are our event rares.

If you participate enough and earn a lot of event currency, you could get some free commons too!

• Are there event commons?

Yes! Just head down to the Special Event Store.

All commons are in the shop now!

Event commons will be available after the event ends. However, they will be moved out into the main stores and will retail for double their event price.

• Are there event rares? How do I earn them?

Yes! You'll be able to find them in the Special Event Store as they are released. They'll be on the back page.

You can either buy them with gold or with event currency, the choice will be yours. However, you won't be able to use gold and event currency to partly pay for the same item.

Please note: After the event, the rares will be removed from the shops and discontinued.

Special note: This event will only have four EIs instead of the usual five. This is due to time constraints and a lack of manpower.

• Why is the Sellback Store closed?

The Sellback Store is closed during events to prevent people from selling back event items for a large gold gain.

Last edited by BellyButton; 02-16-2014 at 04:16 PM..

Nalin Sun
Petal Paradise
NPC

Old 01-25-2014, 04:33 PM

Staff Contests, Games & Hangouts

• Tea Party Tussle & Hangout (Official Hangout+) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    Come enjoy the party with with Li Mei and Aimee! It looks like the two have mostly decided to work together at last, but there is bound to be some friendly competition involved in this hangout!

• Impress the Judges, or OFF WITH YOUR HEADS! (Avatar Contest) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    Daria, Linnea and Seridano have teamed up to bring you a totally terrific tea party avatar contest! Whether your thing is color coordination, humor or group dynamics, if you like making avatars this is the place for you!

• It's Always Tea Time (Art/Photography Contest) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    Slip away from the madness for a nice cup of tea with KatMagenta. Design a teacup on your own or with the provided template, or use photography to show off your real life tea vessels for a chance to win some lovely prizes.

• The Mene Story Book: Volume 2 (Art Contest) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    Iro returns with part two of the Mene Story Book contest. Last event, you wrote stories featuring Menewshan NPCs -- this time, we will be illustrating those written entries. We have some great stories and plenty of pickles to share, so come on by!

• Off With Their Heads! (Dice Game) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    Those who are not faint of heart and who have a bit of a fancy for the darker things may wish to join Knerd in this delightfully savage dice survival game. There will be rolling of dice, and rolling of heads.. How long can you keep yours?

• We're All Mad Here! (Grid Croquet Game) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    It can be quite difficult to hit a little ball through a little hoop when you are quite mad, but you needn't worry as you will be in the best of company as you whack your way around the croquet course with Cora and Iro. Return daily for a chance to win event commons, and keep trying for that mad 10K grand prize!

• Who Stole the Tarts? (Map Game/Whodunnit) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    Hurry and put on your thinking caps while your heads are still attached -- Gerontious Hammerbottom needs your help in locating her missing tarts! Mythos and Seridano will guide as you investigate each scene and gather evidence. Daily prizes can be had for simply aiding the investigation, with more to come after the event for those who manage to put the clues together and figure out once and for all, who stole the tarts?

Last edited by Nalin Sun; 02-12-2014 at 05:03 PM..

Nalin Sun
Petal Paradise
NPC

Old 01-25-2014, 04:35 PM

Event Item Previews

Tea Party Games
(12 Tokens)

pixels by ~LONGCAT~

Queen of Hearts Regalia
(14 Tokens)

pixels by Maria-Minamino

Cessy's Tea Party
(20 Tokens)

(x)

pixels by Neller

Last edited by BellyButton; 02-21-2014 at 12:42 AM..

Nalin Sun
Petal Paradise
NPC

Old 01-25-2014, 04:36 PM

Previews of the New Commons

Created by Maria-Minamino, Seito, Jellysundae, Cora, and Seridano!

Last edited by BellyButton; 02-15-2014 at 01:48 AM..

Nalin Sun
Petal Paradise
NPC

Old 01-25-2014, 04:37 PM

RESERVED

Last edited by Nalin Sun; 02-12-2014 at 05:03 PM..

fireprincess
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Mak...

Penpal

Old 02-13-2014, 10:36 PM

It's here!!!!!!

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 02-13-2014, 11:01 PM

Excited for everything! The banners are super cute~

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 02-13-2014, 11:11 PM

oh wow.. I'm loving this.. YAY FOR EVENTS..

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 02-13-2014, 11:16 PM

Those commons are amazing! Fantastic job, guys!

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 02-13-2014, 11:18 PM

Gah, I need to get on a computer to properly see the items!

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 02-13-2014, 11:18 PM

What does it mean 5 free rounds? I got one.
*20 mins later*

Ok I get what you mean by round now but...
When I hit collect on the 4th it didn't hand me tokens. Dun dun daaa!

Last edited by Nephila; 02-13-2014 at 11:57 PM..

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-14-2014, 12:35 AM

Sorry Nephy, we're running around like crazies atm. Does this keep happening, or was it just the once? I'm trying to find where we talked about something like this happening in a previous event 'cause I can't remember if there was ever a resolution for it.

Vox
*^_^*

Old 02-14-2014, 01:21 AM

Hi guys! I'm really excited about this event 'cause the theme is awesome and the stickied threads all look fantastic. :D

But I've got some questions.

I don't get reducing the number of chance plays to 5 every 20 minutes. What would be the point of paying 5 tokens for additional rounds if all you can do is break even? :/

Also, the prices of the event commons don't seem any lower to me than they have been in the past. >.> Do you just mean the event rares will be cheaper?

Damia Flagg
(^(エ)^)
Penpal

Old 02-14-2014, 01:39 AM

Is chance supposed to be like that?
I don't think I did get my tokens on my mule account when it got to round 5, but I'm not completely sure about that. I wasn't paying that much attention. I thought I had 100 token before I hit collect.

Arialys
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-14-2014, 01:55 AM

Um, how do you play the chance game? I click on the chance game popup, and the Chance Cards screen shows up but I can't do anything with it other than close it.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 02-14-2014, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyButton View Post
Sorry Nephy, we're running around like crazies atm. Does this keep happening, or was it just the once? I'm trying to find where we talked about something like this happening in a previous event 'cause I can't remember if there was ever a resolution for it.
It's just been once so far. Hopefully it's just a freak thing.

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-14-2014, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox View Post
I don't get reducing the number of chance plays to 5 every 20 minutes. What would be the point of paying 5 tokens for additional rounds if all you can do is break even? :/

Also, the prices of the event commons don't seem any lower to me than they have been in the past. >.> Do you just mean the event rares will be cheaper?
Jelly is only able to change a few things about the chance game without coding support, and I don't think that the "buy another round" cost is one of them. I'll leave her a note so she can confirm, though, when she's back online.

EI refers to just the rares, yes. Sorry about that. I'll add a couple words up yonder so that's more clear. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damia Flagg View Post
I don't think I did get my tokens on my mule account when it got to round 5, but I'm not completely sure about that. I wasn't paying that much attention. I thought I had 100 token before I hit collect.
If you notice it happening again please do come back and post here so we can have a better idea of how frequent this is. I've been trying to duplicate it myself, but I keep losing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arialys View Post
Um, how do you play the chance game? I click on the chance game popup, and the Chance Cards screen shows up but I can't do anything with it other than close it.
What browser are you using, Arialys? Some work better than others with Chance. (Chrome and Firefox both work well, for me.)

Last edited by BellyButton; 02-14-2014 at 03:13 AM..

Vox
*^_^*

Old 02-14-2014, 03:16 AM

Ah. I still think 10 is a better maximum number of rounds than 5, but it would still help to lower the cost of extra rounds to like 2 or 3. You're still probably going to get a bit more traffic on the server that way though. Betting 3 to try for 5 sounds a lot easier than betting 5 to try for 10, but that's just my opinion.

Haha OK. I was wondering if maybe I was misremembering what they used to cost. :P

Looks like I'm probably going to be posting more this event to make up for the tokens I won't be earning from chance. Which honestly is probably a good thing because I haven't been as active as I'd like to be, and with all these lovely threads posting more shouldn't be too hard. :)

Thank you, Belly!

Divacita
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 02-14-2014, 03:32 AM

Other then chance being lowered & 5 min more to play. I,m excited for this awesome event.

Corlatta DeNaught
Bound Birdie's Mule

Old 02-14-2014, 05:00 AM

Will you be posting everyone that worked on the new items? They are all quite lovey and the color options this round are awesome :) thank you guys so much :)

Neora
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-14-2014, 09:36 AM

"You may play 5 free rounds every 20 minutes or you could spend 5 event points to play right away without waiting. "
So... I can win max 5 tokens per game and for chance I have to spend 5 tokens so what's the point?

Vox
*^_^*

Old 02-14-2014, 01:16 PM

They have fixed it, Neora; you can pay 2 to play now. :)

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 02-14-2014, 01:21 PM

Yay! That's a good thing.