Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 02-10-2014, 05:03 PM

Our EXQUISITE banner was handcrafted by the illustrious zigbigadorlube~ hoohoo~~

Last edited by Mythos; 02-20-2014 at 06:24 AM..

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 02-11-2014, 02:06 AM

Gerontious Hammerbottom:Seven cats and devils, we're all in the most terrible danger! Well, I'm not, I'm the host, but the rest of you, well...that's your affair. What's the danger, you ask? How could you not know? Have you only just arrived? No matter, I suppose I have time to catch you up to speed, but quickly, quickly. I haven't got all day, so if you prove to be too dull-witted to understand the situation in full, it's on your head, not mine. -chuckles at his own joke-

Speaking of heads, you'll be losing yours soon if you're not careful. Some unlucky soul has filched The Red Lady's triple mulberry tarts. So what, you say? They're just tarts...You must not be from around here. They're not just tarts, they're the The Red Lady's tarts. The difference matters, trust you me. The Red Lady loves tarts more than anything else in this mad mad world of ours, and she may well end the lot of us if we can't track down the culprit sooner rather than later. Her ire grows with every passing minute. Even I'm beginning to worry. Well, not truly, I never worry. I am the master of this domain. Even so, I'd rather this particular caper were solved sooner rather than later. -chuckles nervously- I really don't want blood on my carpets, I've just had them cleaned.

Heading for the door now, are you? I'm afraid that won't do you any good. The doors are locked, you see. The Red Lady's orders.

Oh, I know you're innocent. I'm sure you are. After all, you say you've only just arrived. Ah, but are you the only one who says such a thing? Perhaps you should ask around, see if you can't see what everyone's been up to for me...perhaps catch a tart thief in the process? Or not. It's your head.

Last edited by Seridano; 02-15-2014 at 05:37 PM..

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 02-11-2014, 02:07 AM

Want to help us solve this... most HEINOUS of tea party related crimes!?
Here's a step-by-step guide of what to do:

1. Once a day check out the latest of our investigation. ....................
  2. Choose your action from those listed. .....................................
  3. Copy & paste the form, with your action added, into this thread..
  4. Check out the results from the previous day. .............................

Beyond the prizes you have the chance of winning each round (depending on where you search for clues) there will also be prizes for those who come the closest to uncovering the mystery using the clues you've put together. We will, however, wait until after the event has closed to get your takes on the goings on here at Gerontious Hammerbottom's mansion. That said, if you think you know who did it hold onto that thought and wait for that thread to appear!

For those of you who find evidence you will be receiving a ticket for a raffle which will be held after the event has come to a close.

PLEASE REMEMBER:

• Only one account per person may play save staff-approved charity mules playing for their charities
  • You must accept any trades 1 month after they have been sent or the winnings will be sent to active charities.

Last edited by Mythos; 02-12-2014 at 03:23 AM..

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 02-11-2014, 02:09 AM

Mr. Dedric and Dumphrey Tweedle
Twin millionaires, architects and next door neighbors of Hammerbottom's, the Tweedle twins have been both social outcasts because of their often uncouth antics and yet also desirables because of their incredible home design work. They have been known to try and push their luck and pull pranks just to watch others squirm.

Mrs. Bryony Rose
As the lead vocalist of "The Royal Gardenias" Mrs. Bryony Rose has developed an absolute lack of tolerance for being upset or upstaged. Her relationship with Hammerbottom is no more than as a measuring stick for her to gauge how fast she is climbing the social ladder and with the Red Lady in attendance at his party you had better believe she would show up.

Mr. Chadwick Tirtil
Mr. Tirtil was born into the upper crust but now he's part of what makes that crust... crusty. Inviting him to functions to class up the joint is practically tradition despite the fact that his thoughts are about as wrinkly as his face is. He was good friends with Hammerbottom's father but always viewed Gerontious as something of a brat-- then again all kids are brats to his eyes.

Mr. Harlan Pince
Originally Mr. Hammerbottom's personal accountant, Harlan has in the 4 years he has worked with Mr. Hammerbottom in a new position: His personal push-over. Too much of a doormat to deal with his boss directly, he has so far managed to avoid a psychotic episode. He was only invited over to fill a seat when another guest declined at the last moment.

Ms. Fiona Chester
An heiress to her father's mighty goldfish empire, Fiona spends more time playing and socializing than she does in any stuffy old office building which has definitely hurt the company. Lately she's been in the news for some less than complimentary reasons but that isn't going to keep her from visiting with her fabulous social circle!

Mr. Warren Black and Mrs. Ruby Stewart
Together Mr. Black and Mrs. Stewart have worked as members of the Hammerbottom kitchen staff for over a decade and in that time have found themselves convinced that they're ready to hit the road. Word is that the pair have been considering opening up a five-star restaurant specializing in tasty treats for those seeking sweets.

Last edited by Mythos; 02-12-2014 at 07:58 AM..

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 02-11-2014, 02:12 AM

Quote:

EVIDENCE (+1 ticket)

You look down into the flower pot but can't seem to see anything through the lovely blooms... well that isn't thorough detective work now, is it? Dedicated to your sleuthing you stick your entire arm down into that sucker and manage to find a cast-away candy wrapper. Seems someone couldn't have been bothered to find the garbage now, could they?

EVIDENCE (+1 ticket)

In so nice a house with such a large number of staff you wouldn't expect there to be a speck of dust in the place but just there on the floor of the kitchen is a big ol' lump of mud. Gross! Ick! Well it's mostly dry now so I suppose it isn't that icky... Either way it has no business being here! Someone must have tracked it in.

Quote:

EVIDENCE (+1 ticket)

A quick sweep of the windows finds you with one very nice, very lacy hanky. It isn't immediately clear whether this delicate piece is for a lady or discerning gentleman right off the bat. The cloth is absolutely pristine save for a faint hint of skin-toned foundation gives it's owner away as someone who wears make-up.

EVIDENCE (+1 ticket)

In inspecting the statues you notice some greasy looking smudges on one of their bases. The room must have been cleaned fairly recently considering the lack of dust ANYWHERE so such and obvious intrusion to the obsessive cleanliness to the house must mean that the smudge was made very recently.
Quote:

EVIDENCE (+1 ticket)

You lean down to get a good look under the sofa only to discover suspicious crumbs! It doesn't take much for Mr. Hammerbottom to verify that those are indeed the exact honey-brown color the missing tarts. You can quickly deduce that someone who had some kind of contact with those tarts made it into the lounge and dusted them off under the sofa!

EVIDENCE (+1 ticket)

The moment you reach around the back of the column you feel something.. an odd notch which-- CLICK!- Ohh... well what have we here? A secret passage opened up just behind the piano (Perfect for a quick get-away!) You notice that your finger and the back part of the column itself has a light powdering of wheat flour... how strange!
Quote:

EVIDENCE (+1 ticket)

It doesn't take much to notice the bright red teacup on the coffee table. It's clearly one of the pieces of the finer china. You can tell by feeling the side that the tea inside is still hot so it almost definitely belongs to one of the party-goers.

EVIDENCE (+1 ticket)

There are a few things which are evident as you approach the windows... they aren't locked, they face toward the fence and, most notably, seem to have grown a white button and blue thread.
Quote:

EVIDENCE (+1 ticket)

Getting through the dense landscaping shrubs is difficult work but once you're behind them a large silver platter-- the one which once held the missing tarts-- is plainly visible just outside of the study window! You see some smudges of jam and from the platter's position it appears to have been haphazardly flung outside.

EVIDENCE (+1 ticket)

When you volunteered for this job you didn't realize that so much of Hammerbottom's garden was covered in paving stones but in the end all your searching has paid off! A familiar looking earring seems to have dropped off of someone's ear while they were out. It seems the stopper on this one wasn't very strong and could have easily shaken off with a quick turn of the head.
Quote:

EVIDENCE (+1 ticket)

Glittering from just under some of the leafs of fern in the planter you spy a fine but well-used pocket watch. The red and black stylish decorations on the face. From nicks in the gold you can tell that this particular pocket watch was owned by someone who probably fumbled with it often, perhaps even as a nervous tick.

EVIDENCE (+1 ticket)

Whether by eyeballing or swinging on it, you spy some sticky red jam on the once pure white chandelier hanging above. Your curiosity gets the best of you and after some fiddling you discover that there was in fact every reasons to be suspicious of that chandelier when one of it's arms make a clicking noise and a panel near the corner of the room opens up... another secret passage!

Last edited by Mythos; 02-20-2014 at 10:45 PM..

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 02-11-2014, 02:14 AM

Mythos: And that just leaves...[checks her notes] the cooks. Then, hopefully we can get to the bottom of this tart caper and get the heck out of dodge.

Seridano: Yes, please. I'm all for wacky hijinks and drama, but even I have a limit.

Mythos: Maybe the staff will be a bit less...colorful...

Seridano: One can only hope. Though, somehow, I doubt it.

In unison: [They sigh as they make their way to the kitchen.]

Mythos: Excuse me, could we speak with Miss Stewart and Mr. Black?

Black: We're a bit busy at the moment.

Stewart: Would you mind coming back later?

Mythos: I'm afraid time is of the essence.

Black: Agreed. And these replacement tarts aren't going to bake themselves, or are you looking forward to having your head parted from your shoulders?

Stewart: I'm sorry, you'll have to forgive Warren, he's been a bit on edge since the theft. We all have. There was more than enough to do back here before everything went south, and now [she throws her hands up in the air].

Mythos: Understandable. There are certainly a lot of mouths to feed tonight.

Black: There always are, and do you know how much appreciation will be shown for our efforts? Not a wit.

Stewart: [Sighs] We do what we must.

Black: We could do better elsewhere. You know it as well as I do, Ruby. If you'd only agree and come along with me. We could make a name for ourselves.

Stewart: I...I told you, I'm not ready yet. We're not ready. In another year or so, maybe, but right now... [she chews on her lower lip, clearly distressed by the turn of the conversation].

Seridano: Sorry to interrupt your would be spat but, just as you have a kitchen to run, we have an investigation to run.

Black: [Grumbles]

Stewart: Ask what you will, but please try to be quick about it.

Mythos: To your knowledge, has anyone outside of the staff entered the kitchen?

Stewart: Not that we've seen, and we've been in here all day.

Seridano: All day? So how did a plate of specially made tarts make its way out of here without being noticed?

Stewart: Ah, well, we were away for the opening ceremonies.

Mythos: opening ceremonies?

Black: That's what Gerontious calls his post party speeches. He welcomes the guests, talks himself up, and tries to woo a favored few by showering them with lavish gifts and compliments.

Stewart: Mr. Hammerbottom requested that everyone be in attendance. We watched from the back with the rest of the household staff.

Mythos: And you were away for how long?

Stewart: About 20 minutes or so, if I had to guess.

Black: It was longer than that!

Stewart: [Shrugs]

Seridano: So, what you're saying is anyone could have slipped away and swiped the tarts during the speech.

Stewart: I...well, yes, I suppose so [she looks nervous].

Black: [Glances from Ruby to the detectives. His eyes narrow.] And that's the long and short of it, so if you'll excuse us, we have a lot of baking to do.

Stewart: Warren, please. [To Seri and Mythos: Would you two like a bite to eat while you're here? We've just finished baking a batch of triple fudge chocolate chip cookies]

Seridano: Don't mind if I do. [Takes a cookie].

Mythos: [Follows suits] Thank you very much, Miss Black.

Stewart: Don't mention it, dear. You two seem like you've been doing a lot of running around for Mr Hammerbottom. You deserve a little treat for your efforts.

Black: It'll be the only one you get. Mark my words, even if you catch your thief, you'll get no words of gratitude from Hammerbottom.

Mythos: To be perfectly honest, at this point, the unlocking of the front doors may be reward enough.

Seridano: You can say that again.

Investigation location: Conservatory

Investigation Options:

Look under the beanbags
Snoop around the sofa
Peep into the planter
Eyeball the vase
Take a gander at the trees
Leer at the chandelier

InvestigatorsX

none yet!

Last edited by Mythos; 02-20-2014 at 06:25 AM..

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 02-11-2014, 02:15 AM

Investigation Options:

Look under the beanbags

DEMETER HAIRPIN - SAGE

The beanbag pillows don't end up being as fruitful as they once did but you'll not be leaving empty handed! Some careless plant seems to have not noticed your dutiful fluffing and poking pillows and dropped a leaf right onto your head. Well, well...! You're not getting that leaf back NOW, tree! Hmpft!

Snoop around the sofa

SNOWY HEART EARRINGS

It didn't sound like that daunting a job until someone turned on the overhead spot lights and the room became blindingly brilliant. You feel your way forward into the room and, in the nearly oppressive whiteness, you hardly manage to get your hands on some lovely white earrings from one of the sofa cushions. For the sake of your eyes you decide that your retinas are worth more than finding anything in further.

Peep into the planter

EVIDENCE (+1 ticket)

Glittering from just under some of the leafs of fern in the planter you spy a fine but well-used pocket watch. The red and black stylish decorations on the face. From nicks in the gold you can tell that this particular pocket watch was owned by someone who probably fumbled with it often, perhaps even as a nervous tick.

Eyeball the vase

KERRY READERS ESPRESSO

You lean over the vase on the central table right away and notice something floating in between the stems below... it seems you're not the only person who was sticking their noses there as you've managed to retrieve their glasses from the plant water.

TAPIO DEFENDER

"You might not want--" Hammerbottom starts to say before you find yourself bound to the trunk by wooden branches. "Oh dear..." It seems Hammerbottom's conservatory didn't just have any ol' trees inside. No problem, though! You're a pretty strapping detective... until those trees let you go you're willing to drag it around with you.

Leer at the chandelier

EVIDENCE (+1 ticket)

Whether by eyeballing or swinging on it, you spy some sticky red jam on the once pure white chandelier hanging above. Your curiosity gets the best of you and after some fiddling you discover that there was in fact every reasons to be suspicious of that chandelier when one of it's arms make a clicking noise and a panel near the corner of the room opens up... another secret passage!

Last edited by Mythos; 02-20-2014 at 10:43 PM..

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 02-11-2014, 02:18 AM

Mythos: Ah, sir, a moment of your time if you please.

Pince: Me? I uhm...sure. I...I guess so. What can I do for you?

Mythos: We've been selected to get to the bottom of this tart caper.

Pince: Tart caper?

Mythos: You mean you haven't heard?

Pince: I...uhm...heard what, exactly?

Mythos: Mr. Hammerbottom had some special tarts made for The Red Lady, but someone's gone and stolen the lot of them.

Pince: Th-The Red Lady is here?

Seridano: Look sweetheart, this will go a lot faster if we ask the questions, but yes, she is, and she's not exactly tickled by the theft of her beloved tarts.

Pince: I shouldn't be here.

Mythos: Oh, why is that?

Pince: I really shouldn't be here.

Seridano: So you keep saying.

Pince: I really really shouldn't be here.

Hammerbottom: Ah, Bounce, there you are! I've been looking everywhere for you.

Pince: Pince.

Hammerbottom: Hmm?

Pince: It's Pince, sir. -Grumbles to self- (I've only told you half a dozen times)

Hammerbottom: Right, right, Pounce. Well, Pounce, I'm glad I've found you at long last. I have a job for you....Say, when did you get in?

Pince: Just now, sir.

Hammerbottom: The nerve! I expected you nearly an hour ago. What on earth were you doing you sot? Not drinking again, surely.

Pince: I--

Hammerbottom: Oh, nevermind that! Did you bring the wine?

Prince: Not exactly, sir. I--

Hammerbottom: And what's the matter with you? You're white as a sheet!

Mythos: With all due respect, Mr. Hammerbottom, the investigation may go a bit more smoothly with fewer parties involved to confuse matters. Perhaps if you were to conduct your questioning after we've finished ours...

Hammerbottom: Ah, yes, yes, of course. Don't let me keep you from the truth, ladies. Our heads are at stake! -chuckles- Pinze, come find me when you're through here. -Walks off-

Pince: It's Pince! Ugh...what I wouldn't give to see his head roll.

Seridano: What was that now?

Pince: I uhm...that is...well...not really. I mean he's really a very generous employer. He just never gets it quite right. My name, that is. And it gets frustrating. A hundred and some corrections, maybe more, and still Pounce, and Bounce, and Pinze, and Binze, and just ERGH! I'm so very sick of it! -throws his hands in the air- I...forgive me, that was uncalled for. I'll erm...just go now. Sorry for wasting your time. -scurries off into the next room-

Mythos: But wait we're not... ...done yet. -Sigh-

Seridano: Well that was...illuminating. Talk about issues.

Mythos: Drama aside, I suppose I can see his point. It would get annoying after a while.

Seridano: Yeah, I guess. So...on to the next suspect then, eh Nythos?

Mythos: Not funny.

Seridano: Not even a little?

Investigation location: Kitchen

Check the flower pot

EVIDENCE (+1 ticket)

You look down into the flower pot but can't seem to see anything through the lovely blooms... well that isn't thorough detective work now, is it? Dedicated to your sleuthing you stick your entire arm down into that sucker and manage to find a cast-away candy wrapper. Seems someone couldn't have been bothered to find the garbage now, could they?

Look in the sink

WAVES OF NAIAS

There is no denying it... that's a sink. It's a nicely cleaned sink-- no grime, no slime, no nothing... except for a constant drip. You shake the faucet slightly in hopes to get it to stop but instead out comes a torrent of water! You scramble to cover up the spout but you're pretty well soaked by that point. Oh well... hopefully you won't slip on the tile when you leave.

Peek in the cupboard

SILVER HOT CHOCOLATE MUG

Hmm... Perhaps our culprit tried to tuck away some clues out of sight quickly, eh? You tear through the cupboards looking for clues but at most you find a mug with some smudges on the handle... they could be fingerprints! Or... water spots. Better play it safe and keep it for evidence. Evidence and cocoa!

Open the pot

DRUMSTICK

A quick scan of the room lead you to suspect the pot on the stove... the stove which was still on and perhaps cooking away precious evidence! Quickly (yet carefully, you smart cookie, you!) you lift up the lid and discover... dinner. Well part of dinner. Maybe you can find the rest of it in the refrigerator... Come to think of it with everyone distracted with this tart caper you might need to rescue this poor drumstick from over cooking by eating it.

Feel under the stool

VERY BERRY LOLLY

You reach under the kitchen stool and immediately feel something you... really aren't terribly sure what it is. After some prying you manage to rip it off the underside of the seat and to your utter horror it is a petrified lollypop. The fact that it wasn't wet or sticky on what you touched was a bit of a relief until you put together the fact that it must have been there long enough to dry off... which might even mean YEARS! Grooosss!

Scan the floor

EVIDENCE (+1 ticket)

In so nice a house with such a large number of staff you wouldn't expect there to be a speck of dust in the place but just there on the floor of the kitchen is a big ol' lump of mud. Gross! Ick! Well it's mostly dry now so I suppose it isn't that icky... Either way it has no business being here! Someone must have tracked it in.

InvestigatorsX

Neora - cupboard
Velvet - flowerpot
Vanora - floor
Codette - flowerpot
maidenroseheart - stool
ClockReject - pot
silvergamer - stool
Reveuse - sink
steelmagghia - pot
Wyrmskyld - floor
Mageling - floor
Nephila - flowerpot
Zombie Pixie - stool
Cora - sink
dragoness129 - cupboard
Mnemosyne - flowerpot
Roxxxy - cupboard
Damia Flagg - cupboard
~LONGCAT~ - stool
Vox - cupboard
Angelbug - pot
blueblackrose - cupboard
Arialys - floor
poppet - flowerpot
DivineHeart - flowerpot
Angel Spirit Girl - cupboard
CrimsonShadow - cupboard
shinigamikarasu - stool
Kamikaze Kendra - pot
Dystopia - cupboard
Shadami - sink
wish - flowerpot
beautiful_psycho - stool
SuperZombiePotatoe - pot
Lunna Dea - floor
Ethos - cupboard
Iroase Delschatten - stool
Cardinal Biggles - stool
Anglie - stool
hummy - cupboard
Chexala - floor
d2hiriyuu - cupboard
Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa - floor
HIM_ROCK - pot
Saravi_Boo - pot
Mikio - cupboard
zigbigadorlube - pot
Liztress - cupboard
Antagonist - flowerpot
pollik17 - flowerpot
KatMagenta - sink
hilarbees - pot
BellyButton - sink
Aoi Kazuya - flowerpot
sadrain - sink
Vickyll3 - floor
Ivvy - stool
EirianHikari - flowerpot
Divacita - cupboard
Arc Angel - floor
Miscreant74 - sink
Axenblade - sink
spicedroses - flowerpot
Rochiel Silverfire - flowerpot
GwenaHikari - cupboard
fireprincess - flowerpot
Hadsvich - floor
PrincessKasumi - stool
Kent - stool

Last edited by Mythos; 03-23-2014 at 03:37 AM..

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 02-11-2014, 02:18 AM

Bryony: What are you looking at?

Mythos: Hey now, there's no reason to be rude.

Bryony: I'm not the one who was staring.

Mythos: [takes a deep breath] My apologies. I didn't intend to stare, I simply have a few questions to ask you as part of the ongoing investigation. You've heard about the missing tarts, yes?

Bryony: Obviously. I wasn't born yesterday.

Mythos: What does that have to...you know what, never mind. I'm not even going to go down that rabbit hole right now. Would you mind telling me your name?

Bryony: My name? My name? But surely you know it. I'm an honored guest. The honored guest. Gerontius himself delivered my invitation.

Seridano: And yet...

Mythos: [takes a breath] It's just for the record, ma'am.

Bryony: [offended] Ma'am? Hmph. Well I'd never! I'm hardly old enough to warrant a ma'am, and the name's Bryony, as in Bryony Rose. You know, THE Bryony Rose, of the Royal Gardenias.

Seridano: The what?

Bryony: The Royal Gardenias. The crème de la crème of the vocal world.

Seridano: [rolls eyes] I see. So, you're a singer then?

Bryony: A vocalist.

Mythos: Right, right, a vocalist. Of course. [sigh]

Seridano: So you can sing like a lark, lucky us.

Bryony: Now you're getting it.

Seridano: Riiiiight. Anyway, as my partner said, we need to ask you a few questions regarding the tart theft.

Bryony: Surely I'm not a suspect. I'm an honored guest, and besides, I don't even like tarts. Sugars do a number on my throat and I have a performance later. If you're looking for someone who enjoys eating everything in sight, you're much better off checking with him [gestures in the direction of the door where a portly fellow in red is meandering by, puffing languorously on a pipe as he goes. Her voice is filled with obvious disdain.]

Seridano: Let me guess, he's not a fan?

Bryony: Is that suppose to be amusing?

Seridano: Well, actually--

Mythos: [clears throat]

Seridano: No. No, of course not. My apologies. I'm sure you're voice is lovely and you have a plethora of fans waiting to fawn over you. They just happen to be conspicuously absent.

Mythos: [facepalms]

Bryony: [harrumphs] I don't need to listen to this! [storms off]

Mythos: Ah, wait, we're not done...yet. Well, there she goes. Good job, Seri.

Seridano: You'll thank me later.

[An hour later]

Mythos: Miss Rose, I'm sorry about earlier. We meant no offense.

Bryony: Hmph. As if I'd believe--

Mythos: Please, we only need a few more minutes of your time. What happened earlier was out of line, and we apologize.

Bryony: We? The rude one is absent.

Mythos: She uh...went to get some wine.

Bryony: I see...

Mythos: As I was saying, Mr. Hammerbottom wishes for us to ask a few questions to help get to the bottom of this. You're not a suspect--

Bryony: --Naturally.

Mythos: [takes a deep breath] Yes, of course, naturally. Why would you be? Anyway, you might have seen something that might help us unmasking the culprit.

Bryony: Ah, but of course. Why didn't you say so earlier? If Gerontious needs my help, far be it from me to deny him.

Mythos: Err...right...So, have you seen anything suspicious?

Bryony: Like I said earlier, go talk to the fat one. If anyone is likely to have stuffed those tarts down their gullet, it will have been him. He has no regard whatsoever for social decorum.

Mythos: I see...thank you for your...erm...valuable insight, Miss Rose.

Bryony: You're welcome. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go warm up for tonight's performance.

Investigation location: Ballroom

Examine the windows

EVIDENCE (+1 ticket)

A quick sweep of the windows finds you with one very nice, very lacy hanky. It isn't immediately clear whether this delicate piece is for a lady or discerning gentleman right off the bat. The cloth is absolutely pristine save for a faint hint of skin-toned foundation gives it's owner away as someone who wears make-up.

Pat down the curtains

THEATER OF DREAMS

As you make your way through the room patting down the curtains to see if there is something (or someone) hiding behind them you manage to knock a few of them down! You'll be seeing a few stars after that knock the curtain rod gave you on the noggin' but maybe instead of putting the curtains back you can pass the them off as an over-sized wrap?

Check under the chair cushions

Gently lifting up each of the cushions you relieve the springs and boards of there, uh, generous burdens. It seems some of Hammerbottom's previous guests weren't so careful about how much stayed in their pockets when they took a rest from dancing.

Search inside the piano

UNREASONABLY LONG ROPE

You lift up the back of the grand piano and peek inside only to discover a very... VERY long piece of rope. Why in the world anyone would have so much rope in such a fine room is beyond you-- it's beyond me!-- but surely the piano itself couldn't have actually been used with all of that rope in there!

Look around the statues

EVIDENCE (+1 ticket)

In inspecting the statues you notice some greasy looking smudges on one of their bases. The room must have been cleaned fairly recently considering the lack of dust ANYWHERE so such and obvious intrusion to the obsessive cleanliness to the house must mean that the smudge was made very recently.

Poke around the far table

Well there are pots... and a floral arrangement. Nothing too outside the box for a big ol' fancy house like Hammerbottom has got but inside those pots and arrangements are some squirreled away 'pocket change'. He probably won't notice you pocketing the money yourself if you manage to put everything back the way you found it!

InvestigatorsX

Wyrmskyld - piano
Mnemosyne - piano
R a n d e h - curtains
fireprincess - curtains
Lunna Dea - piano
Mageling - cushions
blueblackrose - piano
wish - piano
dragoness129 - piano
shinigamikarasu - far table
Reveuse - piano
silvergamer - piano
p o p p e t - curtains
Miscreant74 - cushions
Shadami - statues
girlbot9 - piano
DivineHeart - piano
Aoi Kazuya - curtains
Damia Flagg - windows
SuperZombiePotatoe - piano
Arialys - piano
Velvet - windows
Roxxxy - curtains
Dystopia - statues
Rochiel Silverfire - piano
steelmagghia - piano
DariaMorgendorfer - cushions
Antagonist - cushions
Vox - windows
Xogizmoox - piano
Irishrain - piano
CrimsonShadow - piano
Arc Angel - windows
LaVida - piano
Zombie Pixie - piano
Iroase Delschatten - piano
KatMagenta - cushions
HIM_ROCK - curtains
Liztress - far table
sadrain - cushions
Mikio - piano
dessertdesiert - statues
pollick17 - piano
EirainHikari - piano
Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa - statues
The_Crow - windows
PrincessKasumi - piano
BellyButton - far table
Angel Spirit Girl - curtains
LizzyCollinsDeArc - cushions
Nephila - statues
Vickyll3 - curtains
Nerosity - cushions
Nemo - piano
Divacita - piano
Ivvy - piano
spicedroses - far table
Vanora - piano
hilarbees - statues
PapillonCameo - piano
ClockReject - statues
Neora - far table
lunanuova - cushions
~LONGCAT~ - cushions
Ethos - curtains
GwenaHikari - piano
Kamikaze Kendra - piano
hummy - piano
Kent - windows
Hadsvich - far table
Cardinal Biggles - statues
Aganab - piano
Chexala - cushions
Saravi Boo - piano

Last edited by Mythos; 03-23-2014 at 03:37 AM..

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 02-11-2014, 02:19 AM

Mythos: Sir, a moment of your time if you please.

Tirtil: Hmm? [The man looks mildly curious as he gazes over (or maybe bored...could just as well be bored, you suppose). In his mouth is a long silver pipe (not of the musical variety, thank the seven). Strange symbols are etched upon it.] You would be the detectives, yes?

Mythos: Well, yes, actually. How did you know?

Tirtil: You spoke with a Miss Bryony Rose, correct?

Mythos: Yes.

Tirtil: [nods to himself] If Bryony knows about your investigation, then everybody knows.

Seridano: [to Mythos] I wonder if that will makes people more or less likely to cooperate. Though, I suppose things can't get much worse in that regard.

Mythos: True enough. [sighs]

Tirtil: She's was all up in arms about it. Rude this and uncouth that. [A smile slowly spreads across his face].

Seridano: We're not the only ones he was up in arms about.

Tirtil: Hmm?

Mythos: Yeah, she really seems to hate you.

Tirtil: Yes, I suppose she must.

Mythos: Any idea why?

Tirtil: Many. [puffs on his pipe]

Seridano: And?

Tirtil: … [puff][puff] Hmm?

Seridano: Care to enlighten us?

Tirtil: [puff] ...I don't see why not. [puff] Miss Rose sees herself as a starlet of the highest caliber. [puffs] She does not take well to people saying otherwise, or preferring vastly more talented talent. [puffs] Unfortunately for her, I have quite the ear for raw talent, and she is not nearly the songbird that she thinks she is. [Takes a long drag] I once told her as much.

Mythos: Ouch.

Seridano: Heh, bet she didn't take that one laying down.

Tirtil: Not at all. [puff] [puff] She threatened to ruin me. [puff] Thus far, her attempts have been about as successful as her career [puff] [puff] …Which is to say, moderately annoying.

Seridano: [chuckles]

Mythos: [clears her throat, but looks mildly amused nonetheless] So, would you mind if we asked you a few questions regarding the tart theft?

Tirtil: Be my guest. Though, you will have to excuse me if I munch on an horderves or two between answers. I've absolutely ravenous. Health issues, you see.

Mythos: Uh..sure, that'd be no problem at all.

Tirtil: [puffs] Then, by all means, ask away. [Tirtil snatches a finger sandwich from a passing tray. The waiter looks mildly annoyed.]

Seridano: Are those any good?

Tirtil: No, not particularly. [He pops the little sandwich into his mouth.]

Seidano: I see... [Snatches a tiny sandwich as the tray passes her by and pops it into her mouth.] Eh, it's kind of bland.

Tirtil: Exceedingly.

Mythos: [Gives them both a look].

Seridano: Right, well, getting back on track, what time did you arrive?

Tirtil: Around 6:30.

Mythos: Wasn't the party set to begin around 5:00?

Tirtil: It was.

Seridano: So, you went for fashionably late?

Tirtil: Not at all. [puff] [puff] I get somewhere when I get there. I'm in no hurry.

Seridano: Fair enough.

Mythos: And when did you hear about the theft?

Tirtil: A few moments ago. Can't say I'm surprised.

Mythos: Why's that?

Tirtil: Everybody was dying to get their hands on the blighted things. It's all Gerontious was talking about. Tarts this and Red Lady that. I hear his cooks are world class....though [puff] judging by these appetizers [snatches something else from a passing tray and pops it in his mouth] … … That bit was something of an exaggeration.

Mythos: Could you, maybe not talk while you're chewing.

Tirtil: Mmm? [chews] … ... Certainly.

Mythos: Can I ask a personal question?

Tirtil: Let me guess, you wish to know why I can't wait until after your investigation to eat? Did Bryony say something?

Mythos: Err...something like that.

Tirtil: [waves a hand] Oh, don't worry, I'm not so easily offended. [puff] [puff] If you must know [puff], I have problems with my thyroid. I must be careful about what I eat or else I'll have a rather unpleasant spell, you see. [puff] [puff]

Mythos: I...oh, sorry.

Tirtil: What for? This old body of mine has been on the fritz for years. [puff][ puff] I've grown used to it, even if others have not [takes another long drag]. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a rolled meats tray to chase [puff] [puff]. If you have any other questions, you know where to find me. [With that said, he walks off after a tray laden waiter.]

Investigation location: Lounge

Investigation Options:

Peek under the carpet

Just about everyone has heard of people sweeping junk under their rugs if they're trying to clean up in a hurry but from the looks of it Hammerbottom's version of the practice is a bit careless. I guess he should have gotten himself a piggy bank instead of leaving it on the floor! Tsk, tsk!

Inspect the fireplace

PLAUGE DOCTOR POKING STICK

Determined to uncover the mysteries of the fireplace, you rub your hands together and feel around everything under the mantel and above the floor before working your way back into the soot. Beyond the grate and rack nothing was really out of place but you found the PERFECT stick to go poking around for more clues!

Search under the sofa

EVIDENCE (+1 ticket)

You lean down to get a good look under the sofa only to discover suspicious crumbs! It doesn't take much for Mr. Hammerbottom to verify that those are indeed the exact honey-brown color the missing tarts. You can quickly deduce that someone who had some kind of contact with those tarts made it into the lounge and dusted them off under the sofa!

Look around the picture

PIPE

A quick survey of the picture revealed nothing of interest. The subject's eyes were a little crossed, maybe, but the artist doesn't appear to have had much talent (Just don't tell Hammerbottom that!) You DO tell him that there is an owner-less pipe sitting on the table below the image and he's more than happy to give it away to avoid clutter.

Feel around the column

EVIDENCE (+1 ticket)

The moment you reach around the back of the column you feel something.. an odd notch which-- CLICK!- Ohh... well what have we here? A secret passage opened up just behind the piano (Perfect for a quick get-away!) You notice that your finger and the back part of the column itself has a light powdering of wheat flour... how strange!

Check the mirror

SILVER SERPENT BRACERS

Approaching the mirror leaves you few options which won't cover the gaudy thing with finger prints so your do your best to inspect the frame. Right away you focus your attention at a clock face which is built right into the bottom center of the piece when out springs the entire mechanism! You did your best to put it back together and pocket the oddball 'spring' you couldn't force back inside.

InvestigatorsX

Mageling - fireplace
Arc Angel - fireplace
shinigamikarasu - picture
Wyrmskyld - fireplace
Xogizmoox - mirror
fireprincess - fireplace
Arialys - picture
Nephila - sofa
LaVida - mirror
Roxxxy - mirror
Vox - fireplace
wish - column
Dystopia - fireplace
Velvet - column
beautiful_psycho - rug
Aoi Kazuya - mirror
p o p p e t - fireplace
Zombie Pixie - fireplace
blueblackrose - fireplace
Vanora - mirror
Reveuse - fireplace
EirianHikari - sofa
Antagonist - fireplace
Shadami - fireplace
Irishrain - fireplace
SuperZombiePotatoe - mirror
Anglie - fireplace
Saravi Boo - fireplace
DivineHeart - picture
Rochiel Silverfire - column
CrimsonShadow - picture
Iroase Delschatten - mirror
KatMagenta - column
Neora - fireplace
Chexala - fireplace
pollik17 - picture
Damia Flagg - sofa
Nema - mirror
Nerosity - mirror
HIM_ROCK - sofa
~LONGCAT~ - sofa
zigbigadorlube - rug
sadrain - mirror
Mikio - fireplace
Liztress - fireplace
d2hiriyuu - mirror
The_Crow - fireplace
Miscreant74 - mirror
Razak - sofa
steelmagghia - mirror
Kamikaze Kendra - column
BellyButton - fireplace
dragoness129 - column
R a n d e h - column
Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa - fireplace
Kent - fireplace
Hadsvich - mirror
hilarbees - mirror
Ethos - fireplace
ClockReject - picture
Cora - mirror
Vickyll3 - mirror
Mnemosyne - fireplace
Angel Spirit Girl - rug
silvergamer - mirror
lunanuova - fireplace
GwenaHikari - fireplace
hummy - fireplace
spircedroses - fireplace
Divacita - sofa

Last edited by Mythos; 03-23-2014 at 03:38 AM..

Mythos
deimoni isos

Dedric: Hey, there you are.

Dumphrey: We've been looking everywhere for you two.

Dedric: We heard there's an investigation--

Dumphrey: Of the tart theft...nasty business, that. I mean--

Dedric: If you're into that sort of thing.

Mythos: And you two are?

Dedric: Dedric and Dumphrey Tweedle, millionaires at large.

Dumphrey: Ooooh, I like that one. It's got a nice ring to it. Far better than the last.

Dedric: Doesn't it?

Mythos: [clears throat]

Dedric: Oh, sorry, right. Anyway, we thought we might be able to help.

Dumphrey: We know a thing or two about the goings on here.

Dedric: We make it our business to know things.

Dumphrey:
Except he's an incorrigible liar, so you probably shouldn't listen to a word he says. [gestures to his brother]

Dedric: Uhm, no, that would be you. I can't remember the last time a bit of truth passed your lips.

Dumphrey: Pot, kettle.

Dedric: You're one to talk.

Seridano: [To Mythos: I've got this one]
Boys...Boys! Please. Do the two of you know anything useful or not?

Dedric: 'Course we do.

Dumphrey: Like we said, we know lotsa' things.

Dedric: But we can't just give things away for free like that.

Dumphrey: Yeah, we're more in the giving hints business.

Dedric: So one of us will lie to you.

Dumphrey: While the other tells the truth.

Dedric: Keep in mind that he's the liar. [gestures at his brother]

Dumphrey: Am not!

Dedric: Are too!

Dumphrey: I am n--

Seridano: Boys!

Dedric: Sorry ma'am. Anyway, I spied a lady with jelly stained fingers.

Dumphrey: No, no, it was a man for sure, idiot!

Dedric: You think I don't know a woman when I see one?

Dumphrey: I wouldn't be surprised. You know, it's not nice to lie, brother.

Dedric: I'm not the one who's lying!

Mythos: Oh, I know this one! Dumphrey?

Dumphrey: Yes?

Mythos: If I were to ask your brother which of you is the liar, what would he say?

Dumphrey: Why, he'd say that I'm the liar. Of course, he'd be lying about it.

Dedric: Would not, you're the one who can't be trusted!

[They carry on like this for some time]

Seridano: Boys!

Dumphrey: ...err, yeah? [stops paying attention to watch a woman in a purple gown pass by]

Dedric: [follows his brother's gaze and sighs]

Seridano: Could you two focus for a moment?

Dedric: Yeah, sure...I mean, mostly. Kinda hard to focus with Ches here. I mean day-uhm.

Dumphrey: I know, right? She is fiiiiine. [looks at his brother and grins] You thinking what I'm thinking?

Dedric: We could slip something into her tea?

Dumphrey: Yeah...she didn't really like that last year. [frowns]

Dedric: But you'd think a cat person would be able to appreciate a dead mouse.

Dumphrey: You would think.

In Unison: Women.

Seridano: Seriously? What is wrong with you two?

Investigation location: Library

Investigation Options:

Sift through the bookshelves

LEFTHAND LEARNING

With great diligence you set yourself about pulling out and thumbing through most if not all of the books in the library but not into the investigation a few too many books are still in a plastic sleeve... It seems Hammerbottom is less of a reader than he would let on! He notices you've caught on and for your silence you've been often a selection of your favorites from his shelves.

Creep along the catwalk

PALE NETHERWORLD MASK BLACK

From the ground floor it doesn't seem like such a tight fit but once you're up there on the catwalk you notice that squeezing past the displays is a bit more challenging than originally promised. You almost make it to the doorway on the other side from where you started and accidentally bump a trophy skull off of the wall and... kinda busted it. Whoops!

Poke around the coffee table

EVIDENCE (+1 ticket)

It doesn't take much to notice the bright red teacup on the coffee table. It's clearly one of the pieces of the finer china. You can tell by feeling the side that the tea inside is still hot so it almost definitely belongs to one of the party-goers.

Investigate the armchair

ELEGANT GOLD POCKETWATCH

At first glance nothing seems out of the ordinary but you don't leave things to that now do you? You shove your arms- your ENTIRE arms- down into the grooves around the cushion and dig until you find an antique pocket watch which eludes even Hammerbottom's memory!

Fiddle with the windows

EVIDENCE (+1 ticket)

There are a few things which are evident as you approach the windows... they aren't locked, they face toward the fence and, most notably, seem to have grown a white button and blue thread.

Comb over the floor

WIZARD'S WISH

There isn't much in the well maintained floors but as you work your way to the wall you notice that there is a strange bit of wood tucked under a lip in the molding. You pick it up and find yourself surrounded by swirls and sparkles like... well like magic!

InvestigatorsX

DariaMorgendorfer - catwalk
p o p p e t - bookshelves
Wyrmskyld - bookshelves
Aoi Kazuya - catwalk
Reveuse - bookshelves
Arialys - catwalk
wish - windows
shinigamikarasu - catwalk
Kamikaze Kendra - catwalk
Vox - bookshelves
Dystopia - windows
iamnotspam - catwalk
Mageling - bookshelves
Chexala - bookshelves
LaVida - bookshelves
Aganab - catwalk
Nephila - armchair
Rochiel Silverfire - catwalk
Irishrain - bookshelves
Angelbug - catwalk
Anlie - catwalk
Velvet - coffee table
Cardinal Biggles - windows
Mnemosyne - bookshelves
Ascadellia - bookshelves
girlbot9 - catwalk
SuperZombiePotatoe - bookshelves
Arc Angel - bookshelves
Iroase Delschatten - bookshelves
The_Crow - catwalk
Nema - catwalk
Neora - catwalk
DivineHeart - catwalk
HIM_ROCK - catwalk
pollik17 - bookshelves
KatMagenta - windows
dessertdesiert - coffee table
hilarbees - windows
blueblackrose - catwalk
Antagonist - catwalk
hummy - catwalk
ClockReject - bookshelves
Nerosity - bookshelves
zigbigadorlube - catwalk
dragoness129 - bookshelves
spicedroses - catwalk
beautiful_psycho - windows
Damia Flagg - armchair
~LONGCAT~ - armchair
Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa - windows
Vickyll3 - armchair
Miscreant74 - bookshelves
Saravi Boo - bookshelves
Ivvy - bookshelves
PrincessKasumi - catwalk
silvergamer - catwalk
Vanora - bookshelves
EirianHikari - bookshelves
lunanuova - windows
Liztress - bookshelves
Roxxxy - bookshelves
R a n d e h - catwalk
Xogizmoox - bookshelves
Angel Spirit Girl - armchair
Kent - catwalk
fireprincess - catwalk
GwenaHikari - catwalk
Hadsvich - books
Shadami - floor
Ethos - bookshelves

Last edited by Mythos; 03-23-2014 at 03:39 AM..

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Mythos: Miss Chester.

Fiona: Please, call me Fiona.

Mythos: Alright, Fiona then, you're the heir to the great Chester Goldfish Empire, yes?

Fiona: Yes. I mostly run it now since my father passed away. Got a few guys who help me out. Can't say I've had much time for the office lately though. There's so much to see and do, and Bella keeps inviting me over for shopping and cards. Not that I mind, of course. I love shopping! I got this gorgeous new hat the other day, deep purple with hints of black lace. I can't wait to make use of it!

Mythos: I see. I'm sorry for your loss.

Fiona: Don't be. My father and I didn't exactly see eye to eye.

Mythos: Oh...

Fiona: [giggles] Uh oh, I've put you off, haven't I? My apologies. It's best to avoid talk of my father, especially these days.

Mythos: Right, let's do that...Would you mind if I asked you a few questions?

Fiona: Be my guest, but do try to keep them short, I have a date with destiny tonight.

Mythos: Destiny?

Fiona: You know the sort, tall, blonde, and twice my age.

Seridano: You mean Hammerbottom?

Fiona: That's the one! Oh, Bryony is just going to be so jealous, I can feel it!

Seridano: [To Mythos: Well, there's no accounting for taste.]

Mythos: [Shakes her head.] Do you and Miss Rose not get along?

Fiona: Hmm? Oh, no, it's not like that at all. Bryony and I have been like this [she twines two fingers together] for as long as I can remember. I used to look up to her when we were girls.

Mythos: And now?

Fiona: I have my own things to do. Well, that and 'shared interests' have put a bit of a strain on our relationship of late. I imagine tonight will be the lynchpin on that.

Seridano: [Makes a gagging sound].

Fiona: [Fiona grins. It seems oddly catlike, not to mention pleased.]

Mythos: Err...right....well, when did you arrive?

Fiona: Hmm...let's see. I'd say about 5:15 – 5:20ish.

Mythos: And what have you been doing since your arrival?

Fiona: Trying to figure out how those twin Adonises disappeared after they slipped inside... Oh, but catching up with old friends, mostly. Can you believe that I haven't seen Kitty in over a week? She and I used to be like this [she makes the same gesture with her fingers as earlier.] I wish I knew what happened.

Seridano: Er... 'Disappeared'?

Fiona: Oh yes! When Gerontious had the place built he hired them as his architects... they know every secret passage in this place! Now each time pookie-love has a party they're always coming out of the woodwork... not that I mind, we all know a few of the passages, but they've even caught Gerontious off guard!

Mythos: Interesting... And you mentioned 'Kitty'. That's Miss Emily Kittredge, I presume?

Fiona: The one and only! Have you seen her dress? It's gorgeous! If I hadn't found this one I would be so jealous right now.

Mythos: I'm afraid I haven't seen it, no. She isn't one of our suspects.

Fiona: Well you should. You're missing out.

Mythos: I'll...get right on that after we've finished up our investigation here.

Fiona: That's the spirit! So, what else have you got for me?

Seridano: Are you enjoying the deserts? I hear they're spectacular.

Mythos: [Gives Seri a disapproving look]

Fiona: Are you kidding? They're amazing! Warren and Ruby have really outdone themselves this time. I mean, I had one of their cupcakes and I literally almost died of happiness. They were that good. You have to try one if you haven't already.

Mythos: Warren and Ruby?

Fiona: Huh? Oh, they're Gerontious's cooks. World class those two. I mean it! He really lucked out when he found them. I'm almost--

Seridano: Let me guess, jealous?

Fiona: Exactly!

Mythos: [Adds their names to the list of suspects.] Thank you for your time Fiona, you've been very helpful.

Fiona: No problem, let me know if you think of anything else. I could play 20 questions all night, passes the time until...well, that would be telling. [Fiona winks, makes an odd gesture with one hand, and saunters off toward a rather irate looking Bryony. You almost feel sorry for her...almost.]

Investigation location: Garden

Investigation Options:

Root around the flowers

PINK ORCHID HAIRPIN

Delicate pink landscaping? Seems suspicious enough to me! You comb through each of the little plants but come up with nothing in the way of clues. Despite how careful you were trying to be a few of the pampered little buds just could not handle the stress of being touched. Not wanting to waste the precious bloom you tuck it in your hair. How nice!

Sort through the shrubs

EVIDENCE (+1 ticket)

Getting through the dense landscaping shrubs is difficult work but once you're behind them a large silver platter-- the one which once held the missing tarts-- is plainly visible just outside of the study window! You see some smudges of jam and from the platter's position it appears to have been haphazardly flung outside.

Check under the table
+ 500
VALENTINA PINK PAVLOVA PURSE + 500 gold

Poking your nose under the table is generally considered poor manners, but Hammerbottom is willing to let that pass because you're searching for clues. Once the table cloth falls back down, leaving you in a cave-like situation your hand lands a lovely little purse full of moo-la!

Make notes on the place settings

CHOCOLATE HEART BOX

Checking out the place settings and table top leads to no further evidence except for that of Hammerbottom's extravagance. He's noticed you've noticed this and, swelling with self pride he offers you one of the pieces of his table-top display for the event-- a personal sized box of the finest chocolates!

Search the seating

FLUFFY PILLOW

Bench seating? Really? Did Hammerbottom seriously expect people as fancy and highfalutin as these to share a seat with one another? You poke and prod at the cushions but find out nothing beyond the fact that one of them fell off. It could prove useful to you later when you're having to sit down and think about what exactly went on here... Better tae it with you!

Eyeball the paving stones

EVIDENCE (+1 ticket)

When you volunteered for this job you didn't realize that so much of Hammerbottom's garden was covered in paving stones but in the end all your searching has paid off! A familiar looking earring seems to have dropped off of someone's ear while they were out. It seems the stopper on this one wasn't very strong and could have easily shaken off with a quick turn of the head.

InvestigatorsX

Arialys - table
Wyrmskyld - table
DariaMorgendorfer - paving stones
The_Crow - shrubs
Arc Angel - flowers
Divacita - table
Ethos - flowers
~LONGCAT~ - seating
Vox - flowers
PrincessKasumi - paving stones
shinigamikarasu - paving stones
Dystopia - shrubs
blueblackrose - place settings
Mageling - table
Aganab - flowers
Aoi Kazuya - paving stones
Velvet - paving stones
sadrain - shrubs
Rochiel Silverfire - paving stones
Iroase Delschatten - paving stones
Nephila - paving stones
wish - place settings
DivineHeart - paving stones
Mnemosyne - place settings
Chexala - shrubs
Antagonist - shrubs
Shadami - place settings
Damia Flagg - flowers
Irishrain - paving stones
Neora - paving stones
SuperZombiePotatoe - shrubs
pollik17 - paving stones
GwenaHikari - table
Nema - table
Mikio - shrubs
Nerosity - shrubs
Saravi Boo - table
HIM_ROCK - flowers
KatMagenta - place settings
hummy - flowers
dragoness129 - flowers
ClockReject - shrubs
Vickyll3 - flowers
Reveuse - flowers
EirianHikari - flowers
Miscreant74 - paving stones
LaVida - flowers
Vanora - place settings
zigbigadorlube - flowers
Hadsvich - seating
dessertdesiert - place settings
Ivvy paving - stones
Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa - flowers
steelmagghia - paving stones
Kamikaze Kendra - place settings
girlbot9 - shrubs
p o p p e t - shrubs
hilarbees - table
lunanuova - flowers
Xogizmoox - paving stones
fireprincess - flowers
R a n d e h - flowers
spicedroses - flowers
Cardinal Biggles - place settings
iamnotspam - shrubs
Angel Spirit Girl - flowers
Kent - table
CrimsonShadow - shrubs
Roxxxy - place settings

Last edited by Mythos; 03-23-2014 at 03:40 AM..

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 02-11-2014, 02:20 AM

Mythos: And that just leaves...[checks her notes] the cooks. Then, hopefully we can get to the bottom of this tart caper and get the heck out of dodge.

Seridano: Yes, please. I'm all for wacky hijinks and drama, but even I have a limit.

Mythos: Maybe the staff will be a bit less...colorful...

Seridano: One can only hope. Though, somehow, I doubt it.

In unison: [They sigh as they make their way to the kitchen.]

Mythos: Excuse me, could we speak with Miss Stewart and Mr. Black?

Black: We're a bit busy at the moment.

Stewart: Would you mind coming back later?

Mythos: I'm afraid time is of the essence.

Black: Agreed. And these replacement tarts aren't going to bake themselves, or are you looking forward to having your head parted from your shoulders?

Stewart: I'm sorry, you'll have to forgive Warren, he's been a bit on edge since the theft. We all have. There was more than enough to do back here before everything went south, and now [she throws her hands up in the air].

Mythos: Understandable. There are certainly a lot of mouths to feed tonight.

Black: There always are, and do you know how much appreciation will be shown for our efforts? Not a wit.

Stewart: [Sighs] We do what we must.

Black: We could do better elsewhere. You know it as well as I do, Ruby. If you'd only agree and come along with me. We could make a name for ourselves.

Stewart: I...I told you, I'm not ready yet. We're not ready. In another year or so, maybe, but right now... [she chews on her lower lip, clearly distressed by the turn of the conversation].

Seridano: Sorry to interrupt your would be spat but, just as you have a kitchen to run, we have an investigation to run.

Black: [Grumbles]

Stewart: Ask what you will, but please try to be quick about it.

Mythos: To your knowledge, has anyone outside of the staff entered the kitchen?

Stewart: Not that we've seen, and we've been in here all day.

Seridano: All day? So how did a plate of specially made tarts make its way out of here without being noticed?

Stewart: Ah, well, we were away for the opening ceremonies.

Mythos: opening ceremonies?

Black: That's what Gerontious calls his post party speeches. He welcomes the guests, talks himself up, and tries to woo a favored few by showering them with lavish gifts and compliments.

Stewart: Mr. Hammerbottom requested that everyone be in attendance. We watched from the back with the rest of the household staff.

Mythos: And you were away for how long?

Stewart: About 20 minutes or so, if I had to guess.

Black: It was longer than that!

Stewart: [Shrugs]

Seridano: So, what you're saying is anyone could have slipped away and swiped the tarts during the speech.

Stewart: I...well, yes, I suppose so [she looks nervous].

Black: [Glances from Ruby to the detectives. His eyes narrow.] And that's the long and short of it, so if you'll excuse us, we have a lot of baking to do.

Stewart: Warren, please. [To Seri and Mythos: Would you two like a bite to eat while you're here? We've just finished baking a batch of triple fudge chocolate chip cookies]

Seridano: Don't mind if I do. [Takes a cookie].

Mythos: [Follows suits] Thank you very much, Miss Black.

Stewart: Don't mention it, dear. You two seem like you've been doing a lot of running around for Mr Hammerbottom. You deserve a little treat for your efforts.

Black: It'll be the only one you get. Mark my words, even if you catch your thief, you'll get no words of gratitude from Hammerbottom.

Mythos: To be perfectly honest, at this point, the unlocking of the front doors may be reward enough.

Seridano: You can say that again.

Investigation Options:

Look under the beanbags

DEMETER HAIRPIN - SAGE

The beanbag pillows don't end up being as fruitful as they once did but you'll not be leaving empty handed! Some careless plant seems to have not noticed your dutiful fluffing and poking pillows and dropped a leaf right onto your head. Well, well...! You're not getting that leaf back NOW, tree! Hmpft!

Snoop around the sofa

SNOWY HEART EARRINGS

It didn't sound like that daunting a job until someone turned on the overhead spot lights and the room became blindingly brilliant. You feel your way forward into the room and, in the nearly oppressive whiteness, you hardly manage to get your hands on some lovely white earrings from one of the sofa cushions. For the sake of your eyes you decide that your retinas are worth more than finding anything in further.

Peep into the planter

EVIDENCE (+1 ticket)

Eyeball the vase

KERRY READERS ESPRESSO

You lean over the vase on the central table right away and notice something floating in between the stems below... it seems you're not the only person who was sticking their noses there as you've managed to retrieve their glasses from the plant water.

TAPIO DEFENDER

"You might not want--" Hammerbottom starts to say before you find yourself bound to the trunk by wooden branches. "Oh dear..." It seems Hammerbottom's conservatory didn't just have any ol' trees inside. No problem, though! You're a pretty strapping detective... until those trees let you go you're willing to drag it around with you.

Leer at the chandelier

EVIDENCE (+1 ticket)

InvestigatorsX

EirianHikari planter
Wyrmskyld chandelier
Chexala planter
Aganab vase
blueblackrose chandelier
beautiful_psycho chandelier
GwenaHikari trees
dragoness129 beanbags
Aoi Kazuya planter
Velvet chandelier
Kamikaze chandelier
Rochiel Silverfire trees
Mnemosyne beanbags
Dystopia beanbags
Reveuse chandelier
Irishrain planter
Mageling planter
girlbot9 sofa
Arc Angel chandelier
Divacita vase
shinigamikarasu vase
Vox beanbags
LaVida chandelier
Nema chandelier
SuperZombiePotatoe chandelier
The_Crow sofa
DivineHeart chandelier
Shadami trees
KatMagenta trees
Saravi Boo beanbags
HIM_ROCK chandelier
Nerosity beanbags
Neora planter
pollik17 chandelier
hilarbees chandelier
Arialys planter
ClockReject vase
dessertdesiert sofa
Liztress trees
steelmagghia planter
~LONGCAT~ sofa
wish vase
sadrain chandelier
Vickyll3 trees
zigbigadorlube beanbags
Ethos trees
Miscreant74 planter
Damia Flagg chandelier
hummy chandelier
Antagonist vase
Xogizmoox chandelier
Angel Spirit Girl sofa
PrincessKasumi chandelier
CrimsonShadow chandelier
Kent sofa
Hadsvich planter
DariaMorgendorfer sofa
spicedroses chandelier
p o p p e t planter
Roxxxy chandelier
fireprincess chandelier

Last edited by Mythos; 03-23-2014 at 03:41 AM..

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 02-11-2014, 02:20 AM

Last edited by Mythos; 02-11-2014 at 06:46 PM..

Neora
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-13-2014, 10:21 PM

Time to scrutinize the kitchen!
I'm going to: Peek in the cupboard

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 02-13-2014, 10:32 PM

I'm going to: Check the Flower Pot!

Vanora
Baby Jae

Old 02-13-2014, 10:43 PM

I'm going to: Scan the Floor!

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 02-13-2014, 10:47 PM

Time to scrutinize the kitchen! I'm going to: check the flower pot

maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 02-13-2014, 10:49 PM

I'm going to: peek under the stool

ClockReject
(^・o・^)ノ”

Penpal

Old 02-13-2014, 10:51 PM

I'm going to: Open the Pot.

Pandora's Box
Everyone's Favorite Sociopath

Old 02-13-2014, 10:51 PM

[COLOR="brick"]Time to scrutinize the kitchen!
[SIZE="4"]I'm going to feel under the stool

Reveuse
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-13-2014, 10:55 PM

I'm going to: Look in the sink.

steelmagghia
Not ready for school to start!

Old 02-13-2014, 11:00 PM

I'm going to: Open the pot!

Ooh, most exciting!