Naruto forever
I lied. I'm like 200% gay

Old 01-17-2015, 01:48 AM

Kallen shrugged. He had nothing to say about the matter. He would just let Percy complain until he got tired of it. After all, they both knew that there was nothing that either one of them could do about the situation now. Kallen didn't have any more tricks up his sleeve that would work, and he highly doubted that Percy would. He didn't exactly mean that in a bad way though, Percy just didn't seem like the sneaky type. He was more the lash out and then whine about it type. Not that those types of people weren't useful at points, but they were absolutely useless in these types of situations.

He sighed, letting himself fall back down onto his back and peered over at Percy. He heard a hint of sarcasm in Percy's voice, but ignored it. He didn't feel like getting into some useless fight. "I don't care either way at this point." he sighed, "What exactly do you feel like talking about?" Kallen could feel himself getting slightly annoyed at the other male. He wasn't exactly good at dealing with these types of people, and they just ended up annoying him after a while. He bit his tongue though. If he was going to be stuck down here he was at least going to try to befriend the other inmate.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-17-2015, 03:14 AM

Percy just shook his head. He hated being still like this an relying on others. The waiting game--it made him anxious in all the wrong ways. "I don't get it. How can you be so relaxed?" he muttered. Hell would come for them and only those that ran would survive it. No amount of wit could keep the devil back in the end. Why was he the only one who thought that? "People like you piss me off." But his voice held none of it's usual bit. He was far more pissed at himself. He got himself into the situation and he couldn't get himself out of it.

Looking down at the metal cross hanging around his neck, he thanked the lord he still had that. The ring that marked him as Alex' cousin meant nothing to him next to this simple accessory. Percy laughed a little under his breath. "Maybe I should just start praying. You believe in Him?" Percy asked, though he'd become more lost in his thoughts, like he couldn't care if Kallen answered. It didn't really suit his image to be the religious sort, but a guy had to have something in this world.

Naruto forever

Old 01-17-2015, 03:32 AM

He paused. That caught him off guard. He hadn't expected Percy to note how...calm he was. Then again, he never found much use in worrying about things. Being laid back was much better, even if he did have a bit of a temper from time to time. "Well, whatever happens happens. Don't get me wrong, if I see a chance to get out, I'm going to get out. But until then what's the point of whining and getting upset?" he hummed. He wasn't trying to be snarky, but he did realize that it came out that way. He honestly didn't know why people wasted their energy on struggling and fighting in situations that were against him. Kallen only ever tried to get away from something when he thought he could. It seemed like it was the only smart thing to do. That, and to be quite honest he was lazy. "Likewise," he peered over at Percy, not expanding whatsoever.

He raised an eyebrow at the other male's question. "Do I look like I do?" he asked sceptically, "I have trouble believing in things that don't exist. Then again, I suppose I only think that." He didn't exactly have a problem with religious people, other than the fact that a lot of them were crazy and used their religion as as standing point rather than a faith. But still, he didn't hate them. He just didn't understand them. How could they place so much faith into something that probably didn't even exist? Or at least, even if "He" did exist, he surely didn't have that much power. It was mystery to Kallen.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-17-2015, 03:55 AM

When Percy laughed it was with a dry humor, but still, a sort of humor. He'd heard reactions like that that it ceased to bother him. Perhaps because a part of his also wondered about that. How could he believe in something like that? Despite not wanting to get close to the other boy, but couldn't help but keep talking about him, even about such personal things. "Nah, I understand. You don't expect it out of me do you? No one does." He shook his head and closed his eyes. Very old memories came to him. "I asked my mum once how she knew God existed. She once told me it didn't matter if he did or not. What mattered was that people have something to cling to when alone. I didn't get what she meant until I was in the same place." He opened his eyes to stare up at the ceiling. "My cousin, he forgot that and found a new god." Guns, money, drugs, women. That was god.

Why was Percy saying this? Maybe because he didn't know Kallen and wouldn't ever get close to him. He was a stranger in the dark. Well...not so much in the dark now.

Naruto forever

Old 01-17-2015, 04:06 AM

Kallen shrugged. "Doesn't matter if I expected it from you or not. I mean it's non of my business what you believe in, right? Plus I try not to randomly put people into stereotypes. I learned a long time ago that they don't exist," he smiled. This time it was one of his rare genuine smiles. It was small but it at least showed that he enjoyed being able to talk to Percy. "Your mom seems like she was really smart, your cousin not so much," he commented, "I mean, I don't really get what you said she had said but it still seems like a pretty smart thing to say. It kinda sums up religion in a way I guess?" He was trying to keep the conversation going so that they wouldn't be stuck in another period of silence but he wasn't exactly sure what to say. He wasn't religious, so he couldn't exactly talk about God or whatever. And he didn't have very many memories of his parents, let alone good memories, so he couldn't talk about them. He only really knew things about his gang. And for once in his life, Kallen for the life of him couldn't bring himself to talk about all their secrets and ruin the conversation.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-17-2015, 04:19 AM

Because he wasn't looking, Percy missed the smile. Either way though, he felt more comfortable talking to Kallen. He snorted. "Oh, my cousin is very smart. Just effed up." He knew Kallen meant it differently, but he couldn't help but point the fact out. "And ya know what? I don't blame him." Because Percy knew what changed Alex from his cousin into a gang leader. Maybe he shouldn't be talking about this, but in a way, he didn't care if he told a total stranger Alex's every weakness. But that wasn't true either. Then he'd really be alone.

Turning his eyes, he regarded Kallen for a minute. "Didn't you say you were eighteen or something. You're awful mature for it. Probably more than me," he added in a mutter not meant to be heard. He didn't think lofty about people like that. He didn't try to understand or respect them, except when he remembered his mum. But then, those memories were so old now. "I wonder, if you don't believe in God, do you believe in anything? What keeps you waking up every morning?"

Naruto forever

Old 01-19-2015, 12:32 AM

Kallen held back a comment about how everyone was fucked up, mainly because it felt inappropriate to say. It was true however. Kallen had yet to met one completely normal person, living a perfect, normal and healthy life. Everyone had their own small things that screwed them up. "Am I?" he hummed. He never really thought of himself as being mature. If anything he was probably really immature. Not in a hyper-annoying-five-year-old sort of way, but he had his childish features. The main one being that he hated being bored. Then again...he could see Percy's point. The whole 'I don't give a fuck' attitude did seem to look mature.

"The only thing I believe in is staying alive," Kallen said, "I know it sounds cliched but I don't like putting my faith into a bunch of beings that I'm not even sure exists. They all sound like bunch of a magical bull to me--no offence." He paused for a second. He wasn't exactly sure how to voice his thoughts on this. It was hard. "I guess I'd just rather put faith into myself and people I trust, and that's what keeps me going. Plus, I don't really want to die yet, so ya'know, waking up and moving around is needed for that not to happen."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-19-2015, 02:32 AM

For half a minute, Percy stayed silent besides a hum. He watched Kallen out of the corner of his eye while trying not to look like he stared. Wasn't that a rather strong thing to say? But Percy wasn't strong. Finally he sighed and spoke. "That's probably the smart way to do it. Maybe it's because I can't put any faith in others or even myself that I need something else." He shook his head. God he was talking way too much. He let out a laugh, sounding very much forced. "Not that I'm a screw up like everyone says. But it's so much easier to blame some other fucker when things go to hell!" He just about choked on his false laughter. "Yeah. That's it...totally."

Ugh, so lame. He needed to get out of here quick or he'd fill up all this boredom with all sorts of chatter he'd never normally say.

Naruto forever

Old 01-22-2015, 12:55 AM

"I'm not sure I'd call it strong..." Kallen hummed, "But hey, even if you can't put faith in yourself it doesn't matter right? Just do what works for you, and things'll probably work out." He listened to Percy talk and frowned. He definitely seemed like he had been through some shit with his own gang or cousin or whatever. He rolled over onto his side to face Percy, giving a slight stretch as he did so. "You don't exactly seem like a screw up to me," Kallen offered, "Though I guess I wouldn't know as well as others, but I'd like to think that a few hours in a dark room lets people get to know each other." He let out a small laugh, trying to lighten the air a bit. "But screw what other people think. Let them criticize you, but then just show them up," he said defiantly before rolling back over onto his back. After all, no one else is going to matter once you move on, a voice echoed in his head. He remembered someone giving him similar advice, and although he couldn't remember who it was, he lived by those words.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-22-2015, 02:04 AM

"I think the fact that I'm here proves I'm a screw up," he muttered. Kallen's advice sounded too nice to put any trust in in. Percy didn't do trust and platitudes any more than he did Oprah talk shows. It all sounded like selling something to him, whether than be a product of false happiness. He didn't say that though because if Kallen wanted to look for sunshine, then he was welcome to it. Percy just thought if you didn't look, you wouldn't be let down when you didn't find it. "Say what you want, but you wouldn't be chatty with me if we weren't stuck in this damn hole together. You want to be my friend or something? Man, wouldn't that be something..." 'Cause I would use you like a tool first chance I get. Well, that's what he said, but he was doing a pretty poor job of it.

Naruto forever

Old 01-22-2015, 02:27 AM

Kallen shrugged. He didn't exactly care wether or not Percy wanted to believe in what he said or not. Either way it didn't do anything to him. He let out a laugh. "Yea, like I'm the person going around looking for friends," he laughed, "I'm just bored. What's the point of being in here with someone if we're both just gonna be silent. The least we could do is talk." He never really tried to make friends, and he guessed that was why he never had any either. He didn't want to bother with other people in close relationships. It seemed annoying. But he'd never give up the chance of just talking to someone, especially when he was bored. It let him in on some secrets, which he could most likely use to his advantage later on, and it also beat just sitting in silence. "It'd be hilarious to see people's faces though," he laughed at just the thought it. He'd be named a double traitor, if that was even possible.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-22-2015, 02:54 AM

For a second, Percy just blinked. Then he turned to look straight on at Kallen as best he could. "Hilarious huh?" It was such a pathetic reason to befriend someone, but then, not entirely un-beneficial to him. "I mean, if you want to mess with people's heads, I'm game for it too. You're a real special sort, ya know? But I guess I must be too because I'd befriend you to see that just the same. It's sure to piss so many people off." Although he never intended for a real friendship, a part of him did hope Kallen said yes. Actually hoped for a friendship. Lord knew most people he'd gotten close to let him down. It really would be hilarious if the first real friendship he could get in pretty much forever was with the enemy. But he couldn't get too close. That wouldn't be beneficial at all.

Naruto forever

Old 01-22-2015, 09:09 PM

Kallen let out a loud laugh. "Sure, lets do it," he said mischievously, "I'd like to mess with people. It'll piss off literally everyone." There was a glint in his eyes, and he could honestly say that he really just wanted revenge on his gang for throwing him down here. Sure, he deserved it, but it didn't mean he would be happy about it. And if they were going to put him down here with another person, from an enemy gang nonetheless, of course he was going to have a bit of fun. He sighed. "It'll mean nothing if we're stuck down here, but it's a nice little plan anyways," he shrugged. He didn't really have any intention of breaking out any time soon. He was just going to wait until they let him out. There was no use wasting his energy on it. Of course, if they kept him here for a few months he'd end up breaking out but still.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-22-2015, 09:16 PM

Percy chuckled, feeling more than a little glad that Kallen agreed. "Yeah, totally fun," he echoed. "But we won't be stuck down here forever. Those guys will screw up at some point." He fell silent for a minute as he thought and he really did need to be quiet to think. Kallen was right. This kind of 'friendship' would get them nothing more than a few warm fuzzies from in here. Kallen may not have wanted a head on approach to breaking out, but it was still Percy's priority. "We can at least come up with a plan then. Figure out exactly what we need to escape and just work on it bit by bit. Gives us something to do to pass the time."

Naruto forever

Old 01-27-2015, 09:30 PM

Kallen let out an annoyed sigh. Breaking out really did seem too troublesome to bother with. But Percy did have a point; making a point would help pass time. He glanced over at Percy and let out another sigh. This time it wasn't annoyed though, it sounded defeated. "Fine fine," he said, "We'll make a plan. But I'm leaving all the big smart parts to you. I don't feel like doing too much work." Laziness was horrible, Kallen knew that. That didn't mean, however, that he was going to stop being lazy. Then again, he knew he'd willingly commit to making this plan. It was in his DNA to have fun while doing something like this.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-27-2015, 11:48 PM

Percy rolled his eyes, but couldn't help but feel a little upset that he had to do the smart stuff. Like that, the plan probably wouldn't get far. He could admit that much to himself. "Uh well..." he started as he shifted nervously. He looked around the room, trying to get a hint of where to start. "The first goal would be getting out of these bonds. Then we'd need to get the door open. So...what's the minimum amount of supplies we'd need to get that done?" Although he sounded hesitant as he started talking, his confidence started to pick up. Yeah, this wasn't that hard. "Sure the ideal would be a knife and key, but we can assume we won't get that. So we need what...something sharp enough to cut rope?"

Naruto forever

Old 01-31-2015, 09:40 PM

Kallen nodded. "Use your teeth," he said sarcastically. Despite the sarcasm though, he was impressed that Percy had actually started thinking it through. He didn't think that the other male had it in him. Then again, maybe it was Kallen himself who didn't have it in him to come up with a good plan. Especially considering the fact that he was refusing to do anything. He glanced down at the plate that the untouched food had come in on, and raised an eyebrow. "The plate's probably made of glass or hard plastic. If you break it the pieces would be sharp enough to cut through the rope..."he hummed.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-31-2015, 09:57 PM

Percy snorted. "If you want to use your teeth, go right ahead! Got vampire fangs in there?" He shook his head. Even though he knew Kallen only joked, he couldn't help but laugh at the ludicrous idea. He sure hoped it didn't come to that. When the other boy mentioned the plate though, his eyes darted over to it. He forgot about the thing and when he flailed a foot toward it, he realized he pushed it too far away to reach now. "Yeah...yeah that could totally work. You have to do it though. I think if you hit it against these metal support column, it should be enough." They were making some actual progress here. What a surprise. He started thinking up the plan without much hope.

Naruto forever

Old 02-01-2015, 03:08 PM

Kallen briefly wondered if he could just jump on the plate and break it that way. He quickly pushed the idea away when he realized it would smash, but he'd get pieces of glass into his feet. He definitely did not want that happening again, once was enough for him to learn his lesson. He shook his head. Now wasn't the time to be thinking about his past idiocy. He struggled to get up, and wobbled a bit, but he walked over to the place and picked it up. With a bit of a swing he forcefully threw it against a metal pole that was far enough away from Percy so that no shards would hit him--or Kallen either for that matter--but close enough so that he wouldn't have to walk far to get it.

The plate hit the pole with a loud smash, and pieces of it fell to the ground. Sighing, Kallen went to pick up a few of the shards , and pushing the rest into a pile. He put two rather large shards into his pocket, and kept another in his hand. He carefully caught the rope that bound him and went over to Percy to do the same. Once he had cut the ropes on Percy he plopped down again. "There we go," he said, "That wasn't too hard." He let the shard fall to the ground and silently fiddled with the other two that were in his pocket. If worst came to worst he had a weapon to fight with. "Now what, oh great wise one?" he chuckled.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-01-2015, 05:41 PM

It worked better than he thought. Once free, Percy took a minute to just shake out his arms and flex his wrists. They burned from their tight, uncomfortable position and the rope left marks from his previous attempts to pull out of them. "Now what?" he echoed as he picked up the shard Kallen discarded, also thinking about weapons. "Well...we need out the door." And for a minute, that's all he said. He sat there staring at it. His plan didn't exactly go that far ahead. He pushed himself to his feet and looked around. "I guess I wouldn't mind looking around to see if there's anything else here we can use. Do you know where this is? What's beyond the door and all that?"

Naruto forever

Old 02-06-2015, 01:18 AM

Kallen gave a short hum. He knew a bit about the area, but he rarely came down to the prison. He had honestly been afraid that if he did he would have met someone in it who he knew through his, uh, "business". He hadn't wanted to risk some angry prisoner letting out the secret about him leaking information. He thought for a few minutes more before answering. "I'm not sure if I'd be able to find a direct way out with my knowledge, but I do know that this place in underground and there's usually about twenty or so people down here as well. There's some room where they gamble near here, but I never went 'cause they're all idiots," he sighed. He paused for a second, "If we look around here though we might be able to find make-shift weapons. I know that we've had some pretty psychopathic prisoners here, and no one bothers to clean this place up."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-06-2015, 03:41 AM

Percy nodded. "Man it would help if we really knew the layout, but this sure beats nothing," he said. He was starting to feel a lot better about their chances now so stretched his limbs out and started to look around. His worn tennis slipped on the wet ground, but he managed to keep his balance. Even though Kallen said it, he didn't see much in the way of things littering the ground. A candy wrapper that looked like it came on the bottom of someone's shoe and something...the shine caught his eye. Percy bent over and picked it up with a huff of laughter. "A quarter. But seriously, even if we find some weapon, it won't be much good against twenty people unless it's a fully loaded gun," he muttered before pocketing the coin even though his irritation made him want to toss it across the room. What they needed was a distraction or an excuse to get the others out of this building. He stared forlornly at a scorch mark left on one of the walls. Whatever event left that behind must have been quite a scare judging by the size of the mark.

Naruto forever

Old 02-20-2015, 10:47 PM

Kallen hummed, "True...but once we get out of the lower ground I know the complete layout, including where most of the weapons are stored." He smirked, mischievous thoughts already buzzing around his head. Not only did he know where the weapons were stored, but he also knew which weapons were the "precious ones". Also known as the ones worth a lot of money. He would have mentioned that he knew where the money was stored too, but he knew that stealing money would get James in too much trouble and he wasn't going to do that. No matter how much he had already betrayed the brother-like figure, he wasn't about to make him lose his spot in the gang.

"If we could just get one or two of them inside here, we could probably steal their weapons, especially if the two who come in are drunk," he said. Which is highly likely, he thought. If they could get some of them to come in unscheduled it would be one of the guys who was in the middle of gambling, and those guys were always drunk. Disgustingly so. He glanced over at what Percy was staring at and an idea immediately came to him.

"Hey, you got a lighter or something?" Kallen asked. He never smoked, so he didn't keep one on him, but if Percy had one... the he might just have a plan.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-20-2015, 10:55 PM

Percy startled a little, having drifted off into his thoughts. He patted down his pockets and found the lighter, something he didn't usually carry. He only had it because someone else wanted to smoke and he ended up with everything in his pockets after he lost a bet. Random luck? But he would take it. "Yeah, hope it still works," he muttered before handing the object over to Kallen. "You've got a plan or something?" Not until Kallen mentioned the lighter did the scorch marks on the wall really click. Fire. "Woah, now. You're not going to start a fire or something? What if they don't come and we just cook in here?!" he snapped back. Still, it sounded like a plan even if he wasn't sure to trust it. He eyed the trash around them, wondering how easy it would be to ignite. The fast food wrappers for sure. Oh, and a styrofoam cup. He remembered Alex lighting one of those on fire once and it practically exploded with flames.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 02-20-2015 at 11:40 PM..

Naruto forever

Old 02-20-2015, 11:29 PM

Kallen smirked again, stretching his arms up. Sure it was crazy, but that summed up all of his actions perfectly. "Do you honestly think they wouldn't come in here if they saw smoke, or smelt a fire?" he asked, "They've got tons of money, weapons, and a bunch of other valuables here. They'd try to put out the fire, not run. This is their base after all." He had noticed a long time the strange sense of loyalty that most gangs had towards their "home". They would never run away from it, no matter what. Plus, there was too much stuff to carry out for them to run away. His eyes flashed dangerously as he looked Percy in the eyes, "So? How about it? It's worth a try, isn't it?"