Old 12-29-2011, 03:29 AM

Name: Linda Graystone
Appearance :http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...Kerinasmom.jpg

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 12-29-2011, 03:52 AM

Name: Tedward "Ted" H. Johnson
Appearance: http://i.imgur.com/Ph3zC.png
Details: Ted has just been recently promoted to a "Librarian II" position. Although he hasn't been in position for long, he is still one of the librarian's patrons like to talk to. Ted's main department is Young Adult's, although lately he has been floating around from department to department. Hopefully they put him back at his original department or find him a new home department soon.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to hillary84 Send a message via Yahoo to hillary84

Old 12-29-2011, 03:20 PM

Linda hurried to the library one rainy day. She had the day off and hoped she could find a cookbook. She wanted to find a recipe to make for a potluck at work, but didn't own a cookbook. She enterd the library and went to the card catalog to search for a cookbook she liked.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 12-29-2011, 03:41 PM

Ted happened to be at the fine art's desk that day. He was on the computer reviewing a graphic novel order one of his co-workers told him to review. Ted was glad that they were finally getting manga and more graphic novels bought for fine arts. Although Ted wondered if there will be complaints, because some of the titles were violent and not attended for children or young adults. Then his co-worker Larry came by and commented, "They'll put it on a higher shelf, if they can't reach it... Then they aren't old enough to read it."

"That's just wrong, Larry." Ted replied to Larry's comment and then continued reviewing the order, "I think some of these might have to be taken off the order, or sent to another branch when they arrive."

"Well, Ms. Liz or Lizzy can handle that one," Larry said as he looked at the time, "Well I better get back to Young Adults, and man the anime fans keep asking where you are. I tell them you're here and I told them to pay you a visit. Although they won't come to Fine Arts. Also, Timmy is getting on my nerves. Asking random questions about my life. Later Ted."

"Well, I think the fans still think those two older ladies still work here," Ted replied as he noticed the time as well, "As for Timmy, you'll just have to get use to him."

Larry walked off and went back to his department and Ted went back to reviewing the graphic novel/manga list. Ted was ready to help somebody if needed be though.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 12-29-2011, 05:38 PM

Linda found a few cookbooks that she wanted to look at and made her way to the section. She wasn't sure where the cookbooks were. She went to the nearest help desk and asked," Could you please tell me where I could find the cookbooks?" She said with a smile.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 12-29-2011, 08:21 PM

Ted heard the patron and then went to the card catalog system.

"Certainly, I'll pull up the section right now," Ted said with a southern accent as he smiled back at her.

Ted typed in the keyword cookbooks and a lot of books were listed, although he just needed the call number that way he can tell her what section it was in. He then found a call number or two.

"Well cookbooks would be right in that section to your left, the call number will begin with 641.5," Ted said as he wrote it down for her on a small sheet of paper, "and it's in the nonfiction section. I hope you find what you're looking for today."

Ted handed her the piece of paper and smiled, "Also we have some new cookbooks on display right in the center if you're interested in those."

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 12-30-2011, 12:12 AM

" Thank you so much for your help." Linda said with a smile and took the piece of paper .She went to the display and looked at the new cookbooks. She picked one on low fat cooking and went to the section that was written on the paper. Linda kept thinking how nice the librarian was as she looked at the books.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 12-30-2011, 01:33 AM

Ted went back to working on the graphic novel/manga order. Ted looked at the time and noticed he had to finish up reviewing the order before his co-worker came to close it. Ten minutes later, Ted was done reviewing the order and he sent the final draft to Ms. Liz. Then the library page came back with the books and some books for the special collect. Ted went to the back for a minute to put those books away while he talked to the page.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 12-30-2011, 02:21 AM

Linda found another cookbook and went to go to the check out desk. She hoped she would see the kind librarian again before she left.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 12-31-2011, 01:17 AM

The librarian at the check out desk was Ted's coworkers. Larry and a random lady were at the check out desk. Hopefully Linda got the random lady and not Larry. Larry has been known to flirt with patrons and his co-workers. It's a surprise that he still has his job. Also the tech guys were installing the self-check out machines.

Last edited by Dottie Mae Evans; 12-31-2011 at 07:57 PM..

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 12-31-2011, 01:38 AM

Linda went to the random lady . The man at the other checkout gave her a strange look. Linda wasn't very social outside of work. She worked hard at what she did, but sometimes she wished she could slow down a little. She set the books on the counter and waited for them to be scanned.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 12-31-2011, 08:01 PM

The random lady took the library card that was handed to her and then handed it back to Linda and started scanning the cookbooks. After she was done scanning them, a receipt printed out and she put the receipt in one of the books. Then she pushed the books over to where Linda can reach them.

"Please remember to return these books on the nineteenth of next month. If you need a bag, a green bag can be purchased for a dollar." The lady said, "Also we have a new self check that will be ready next week. Here is a pamphlet on how to use it. Thank you and have a nice day."

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 12-31-2011, 08:34 PM

" Thank you." Linda said with a smile and took her books to the car. She wasn't very keen on a self check system. Once home she looked at the cookbooks and wrote down the recipes that she would make. She hoped the next time she went to the library she would see the kind librarian and hopefully get his name.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 01-02-2012, 01:46 AM

Meanwhile, Ted was back at Young Adult's after lunch break. This time Timmy was there and ready to bug him. Timmy started asking Ted random questions and Ted just sighed. Then Timmy said something that Larry told him. Ted wasn't too pleased that Larry was warping young mind now apparently.

"Uh... that's not how you get a girl," Ted said as face palmed and wanted to strangle Larry, "Here's the address to a local youth center, and I am sure one of the men or mentors will tell you the right way."

"Why won't you tell me, Forest Gump?" Timmy said as he mocked Ted's southern accent.

Ted just sighed and told Timmy to go the youth center. After Timmy left, Ted looked at the clock and counted how many more hours of work he had left. He had about three and a half hours left.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-02-2012, 03:16 AM

Linda went to the store to get what she would need for the recipes. She had taken a few hours to read and decide which ones she would take to the potluck. She also got ingredients for the recipes she would make for herself and would freeze them for future meals. Linda only had time to cook on the days she had off and tried to make meals ahead of time si Shen woulnt eat out so much.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 01-03-2012, 03:20 AM

Ted kept looking at the clock and then he saw some anime fans at a table. Then a Yu-Gi-Oh card player came over to Ted and said, "So... how is Lizzy doing?"

"She's at another branch today," Ted said as he looked at the Yu-Gi-Oh player, "Does she know you?"

"Yeah, she went to high school with me," The Yu-Gi-Oh card player replied.

"Well, I'll tell her you stopped by then," Ted said as he went back to work, "anything else I can help you with?"

"Nah, I am good," The Yu-Gi-Oh Card player said.

Ted looked back at the clock and noticed he had two more hours of work left. Ted smiled and then remembered he was getting out thirty minutes early. He went "woohoo" inside his mind.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-03-2012, 07:05 PM

Linda went home to take care of what she had bought and sat down on the chair. She would then go for a walk in the park. She then did some light housework and paid a few bills that needed to be paid. She looked that it had only been an hour since she had gotten home from the store.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 01-05-2012, 04:13 AM

One hour went by and Ted was thirty minutes away from clocking out. He just remembered he parked his car at the rail station, and that meant he has to take the train. At least he didn't have to deal with all the high school students on board this time. During the thirty minutes before clock out, Ted was now in the office checking in the new manga and making sure it was for young adults. If it wasn't the "right" manga, it was too late to ship it back since it has been put into the system already. All Ted could do was relink it as a mass paperback book. If it was too "mature" for young adults, he would have to convince fine arts to keep it with their paperback collection.

This time Ted didn't have any books that didn't belong, although he did have a book that was for children's department. He sighed and sent it over to Children's to see if they wanted it. If they didn't want it, it would go back to young adults and stay there. Thirty minutes later, Ted was finished with his work and he clocked out. After clocking out, Ted walked out of the building and headed towards the rail station. Ted got to the rail station and tapped his fare card on the gate to get in. Then he boarded the next train. The train got to the Ted's stop in less than fifteen minutes. Ted got off the train and headed to his car to drive home.

On the way home, Ted stopped off at the super market to get a few things. After that he headed on home. When he got home, he unloaded his car and went inside his house. After putting his groceries away, he made something to eat and sat down. Then he took a pain killer because his knee was hurting him.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-05-2012, 04:08 PM

Linda went for a short walk and then early to bed. She had a day full of appointments tomorrow and also a few meetings . She hated being alone on her days off , wishing she had someone to spend them with.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 01-06-2012, 11:21 PM

Ted looked at his phone calender and remembered he had to get a refill for his pain machine. He wish his doctor could call it in, but this time he had to go there in person. Ted ate his dinner, and then watched some television. After that he checked his calender to see what time he had to be in at work tomorrow. Then he went on to bed.

The next morning Ted woke up and got ready to go to the doctor's. He had some coffee and a veggie omelet for breakfast. Of course he munched on some of the raw bell pepper during the preparation process. After that he got into his car and drove to the doctor's.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-07-2012, 02:23 PM

Linda made herself a bowl of oat meal and put some blueberries on top. She quickly ate and got ready for work. She grabbed her briefcase and went to her car. She had a full morning of appointments today and a meeting in the afternoon. Linda got to the office and got her paperwork ready for the day.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 01-08-2012, 12:49 AM

When Ted got to the doctor's, his knee was in pain and he had taken the last of his pain medicine last night. Ted sighed as he sign his name on the list and waited to be seen. He took out his phone and read his text messages. There was a kid in the waiting room and he asked his mom, "Is that doctor House with an afro?"

The kid's mom replied, "No... that's some random guy with an afro, now if you don't cry during the shoots you I'll let you play thirty extra minutes of that video game of yours."

The kid mumbled about the video game and said it wasn't just any video game.

Ted sighed as the kid asked that question. Ted wished people would stop comparing him to either to either House or Forest Gump. He got compared to Forest Gump because of his Southern Accent, and to house because of his cane and his limp. Larry once called Ted the House of Librarian's when he first met him, then realized Ted is a kind person and isn't arrogant like House is. Nor is Ted a smart alack.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-08-2012, 01:55 PM

Linda had the file of her first patient ready and looked through it. " Betty, you can tell the receptionist I'm ready for Mr. Johnson.

" Mr Johnson. Doctor Graystone is ready to see you now. " The receptionist said.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 01-09-2012, 12:18 AM

Ted got up and went to the room the receptionist told him to go to. He walked into the room and then sat down on the examination table/bed. Ted was thinking to himself, "I hope they don't order another MRI or X-Ray. I had enough of those done. I hope another surgery isn't needed either, I can't be laid up for three months."

While waiting, Ted wondered who Dr. Graystone is and he wondered what happened to Dr. Philips. Ted sighed as the pain wasn't getting any better. Ted wasn't a fan of pain medicine, but the last doctor told him it was either that or more surgery.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 01-09-2012, 01:45 AM

Linda went into the exam room and smiled ." Hello. I'm Doctor Graystone. " She thought he looked a little familar, but wasn't sure where she had seen him. She looked at his file and said." I see you have a prescription for your knee pain. Has it been been giving you any trouble more than normal." She asked.