PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-29-2013, 12:27 AM

Lorn Ashford, an even six foot tall, stood to clap along with the rest of the crowd as the musical they'd all come to see came to an end. He was saddened at knowing that, more so then some others he could see with his warm brown eyes. Soon, he was going through his usual routine, trying to make his way past the crowd of people in the other seats of the sumptuous theater and towards the back stage area. He never actually did manage to get there, or to meet the lovely lady he went to see perform every night ... But Lorn didn't think he would ever stop trying.

Hair the color of sun bleached wood, gathered in a loose braid, swayed with his movements as he crept through the crowd with his precious burden clutched in trembling hands. "Oh you again," said one of the stage hands upon seeing him.

"Could you make sure these get to her?" Lorn held out the roses with a pleading look in his eyes.

"Yeah yeah, I will."

With a smile and a nod, the man dressed in black slacks and a haphazardly buttoned dress shirt ambled away with the rest of the crowd. He was rather happy with himself, and even happier that he'd managed to find those warm yellow roses, though it was winter. Perhaps the lady who'd performed the role of Christine's friend would appreciate them so much that she'd send him a note ... Lorn could only hope.

Kat Dakuu:

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-29-2013, 01:01 AM

Key made his way back to the dressing room, tired, but with the feeling of being high. A performance always did that to him, even the bad ones. There was just something about the lights and the stage and the cheering, the climax or whatever story he was performing. There was really nothing like it.

He pulled the tie from his gingery soft waves of hair and let it tumble to it's place just short of his shoulders. The hairspray had it stiff, so he had to run his hands through it a couple of times. His role for this musical had him dressed up in a golden skirt and really, it was the sort of cute he preferred. It was just the sort of outfit that allowed him to fool any and everyone that he was actually a girl.

He was just changing into a more comfy tee when there was a knock on his door. He quickly finished pulling it on and rushed to the door.

"He came again," the stage hand said, handing Key the roses. Key couldn't help but smile and sniffed the wonderful things. Yellow roses were unique compared to other gifts he received and he couldn't help but revel in joy for a minute. He pulled himself away from that dangerous path though and deposited the roses beside his mirror. The gifted only thought of him as a girl. It wouldn't do for that at all. It was best to forget he had such an admirer at all.

Before the stage hand could disappear again, Key spoke. "When...if he comes back again, tell him the roses are nice." He paused to gather some courage. "And that I'm not available."

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-29-2013, 01:21 AM

The next night, Lorn had returned once more. This time he'd been able to afford a seat even nearer the front then usual and the sight of the lady he kept coming back to see night after night had him grinning, even through the saddest parts of the play. She showed such grace and poise ... Each movement mesmerized the man as he held the lavender roses he'd managed to find.

Lorn always made sure to bring a different color each night, but never red. Red roses were over used, and their meaning didn't seem to suit the beauty he'd come to admire. As the curtains fell down in velvety waterfalls of material, he sighed. Another night was done, and the next day he knew he wouldn't be able to visit. For that reason, he had slipped a bracelet around the stems of the roses, a delicate golden affair with the sparkle of rhinestones, , which was accompanied with a small note expressing his sincerest of apologies for having to miss her performance.

The blonde man waited until most of the crowd had walked out that night, so he could savor the atmosphere of the theater that much longer. But alas his time would soon draw to a close as he walked almost hesitantly to the stage.

"Excuse me!" His words were loud, yes, but even so they sounded hesitant.

The same stage hand as before made his way to the edge of the stage and crouched down with an apologetic expression. "Look, she says the roses are nice, but she's taken already."

A crestfallen expression slipped across Lorn's features for but a moment, before he smiled and lifted the bouquet and gave it to the stage hand. "That doesn't mean she can't accept tokens of admiration for her talent."

The man waved goodbye to the stage hand and turned away with his eyes glued to the floor. True his heart was saddened by the news of the unavailability of the woman he yearned for ... But he would still visit when he could. He promised himself to gather up the most beautiful of the flowers at his friend's flower shop for his next visit, no matter if they were roses or not.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-29-2013, 05:38 AM

Key had a way of flitting across the stage. He knew that of course. He probably had the talent to be a lead, but whenever he got the chance, he always turned it down. He didn't want the pressure or the...well, he could never explain just what it was. He just preferred to be something other than the main point of the show, as if that was pretentious. That probably wasn't the right word.

He was so wrapped up in his thoughts that he was walking backstage with no attention to his surroundings. Someone snapped at him when he tripped them on accident. he tried to placate angry words with a blush and many an apology. His face must have been so cute that it worked. It was certainly one advantage to being seen as a woman. The same tactic would never work if they knew he was a man.

Before even reaching his dressing room, the stage hand was in front of him yet again with pink roses this time. Which was really unfair. Key told himself he hated pink--he was technically a guy after all--but it was still second favorite only to blue or rainbows if that counted as a color.

"D-didn't you tell him no?" Key asked even as he took the flowers. The stage hand shrugged. Apparently it hadn't worked. The stage hand did little more than notion with his eyes, but Key found it immediately. There was a surely expensive bracelet wrapped around the flower stems and then the note. Key didn't even think to read it at the time. His eyes had gone wide. He just stood there for a minute after the stage hand had left and just stared at the gift. He didn't even know what to do. He got so much attention, but never was it something so sincere and so much. But wasn't it still a lie? He wasn't the woman of that man's dreams.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-29-2013, 03:17 PM

Days spent as a manager in his parent's art gallery did nothing to help Lorn forget what the stagehand had said during the last performance. He wanted to be able to visit again that night, but it was simply impossible. There were paintings to purchase and then to place, and other galleries to visit. It was a busy time, and the Ashfords had asked their son to help take care of business he usually avoided as best he could. No matter, he had sent his note apologizing for his absence … Though in truth it didn't seem to matter over much to the lady whether her admirer was in the audience or not.

She did already have someone after all. The thoughts plagued him so that even when his duties had passed, Lorn didn't even think of passing by the theater that night to see if any last minute tickets were still on sale. He didn’t very much see the point in watching the graceful beauty when his heart ached so, as senseless as that was. They didn't know each other, and he was nothing more then a face in the crowd.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-29-2013, 08:36 PM

Key found that he couldn't concentrate. This was not at all normal for him, but he spent his day dying over an over on the same stage of a video game instead of practicing his lines or any other semi-productive thing. He left the flowers and the bracelet in his dressing room, but that didn't seem to stop him from thinking about them. He was really starting to doubt his sanity for accepting the gift in the first place. He still hadn't read the note and maybe he was starting to regret that. What did the gifter have to say along with a gift like that? Key just didn't get it.

When it was finally time to go to the theater and prepare for the show, he still hadn't reached enough clarity to beat level 3 of his game. It didn't help that only minutes before the show started, he read his admirer's note. Not going to be there? Really, Key should have been elated, but he also felt strangely heavy.

From the second he entered the stage, his eyes started scanning the audience. It was stupid really. For the first time in his professional career, he stumbled on his lines. Or should he say, he fumbled and it caused him to drop into a more manly tone of voice. He hated that it was the absence of his admirer that was doing this, but in a way, he was glad that the person who thought so well of him didn't see the mistake. By the time the crowd had filtered out of the theater, he had decided to talk to this man in person next week, if only to return the gift.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-30-2013, 01:30 AM

Lorn avoided the theater for a few days, until another week had begun. He immersed himself in his work, taking care of the accounts and trying his best to forget the slight which had been aimed his way. The man couldn't understand why it was he was so hung up upon this, when the lady he was attracted to had never even seen him. A face among many others, just a person in the crowd; Lorn was always hidden by anonymity.

He found himself standing by the stage again, with a bouquet in hand. Lorn took in a deep breath. Roses of many different colors burst forth from their plastic vessel, a riot of color that he hoped would please the lady he had come to watch so often. Lorn didn't think he could do so any longer, not when every movement reminded him that he wanted to know her, and not simply watch from the sidelines. But she was already another's, and Lorn simply didn't know if he could appreciate her dance and song knowing that the lady was that unattainable.

So he had decided to say goodbye, in person. No ifs and buts about it, no matter what the stage crew said he would stay until he met the lady and gave her his farewells.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-30-2013, 02:17 AM

Key couldn't believe the amount of days that had passed already. He didn't make make any more mistakes on stage and he managed to beat almost all of his new video game, but he still found himself staying later than usual after his shows just so he could watch the audience for roses.

He didn't need a stage hand to tell him the mysterious admirer had finally come again. Key had caught sight of someone with many colored flowers just as he was bowing at the end of the show. Without bothering to change his clothes, he pushed past people and made his way to his dressing room only to get the bracelet from there and made his way to the seating area, hoping to find his admirer in the crowds of people still filtering out.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-30-2013, 02:24 AM

As the crowd thinned, Lorn felt hope fly in his heart. There she was, standing all alone with the bracelet he'd given her in hand. Was she going to thank him for the gift? He had no illusion that such a thanks would be nothing more then the gratitude of a grand lady for one of her fans, but perhaps that would be enough for him. It had to be, since anymore then that was impossible. Clearing his throat, the man lifted a hand to loosen his collar before beginning to walk forward.

Perhaps his clothing was a little disheveled, and strands of pale blonde brown hair escaped his braid, but Lorn was still quite presentable. Nervously, he approached the actress. Once before her, he said nothing, and simply held out the roses he'd picked out for her. A hopeful look was in his eyes, and an undeniable nervousness made Lorn fidget slightly at the thought that perhaps the lady had been waiting for someone else .. That lucky person who had captured her heart.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-30-2013, 03:17 AM

When Key turned slightly, there was the man with flowers in front of him suddenly. He had to force himself not to jump. For what felt like a full minute, he stared at the flowers that had silently been thrust toward him. Wasn't that odd? Key had been planning on suddenly thrusting forward the bracelet in the same way. No, now he was just being silly.

Realizing that he'd been doing nothing more than staring, Key had no choice but to do exactly what he'd been planning. he thrust out the bracelet and ducked his head so he didn't have to see the look of disappointment he knew would be there. "I'm sorry!! I just...really can't." he blurted out.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-30-2013, 03:40 AM

He tried not to let the hurt he felt show upon his features by smiling slightly. Even with that expression upon his face, it was easy to see that Lorn was sad, simply by looking at his eyes. "Keep it please. I won't bother you again I promise, but please just keep that? I know it was presumptuous of me to send you something like that, what with being just an admirer who doesn't really know you, but it ... it was nice to think that someone so lovely might enjoy what I gave." But that had been too much to hope for.

Reaching out, Lorn placed the bouquet he'd brought with him into her arms gently. "But if you insist I'll take it back. And these at least you can't refuse." Flowers were acceptable, and they were his good bye. Lorn couldn't stand being so close without having the right to spend more time with her. He found himself smiling sadly at the graceful woman before him. "I've enjoyed your performances very much but ... I ... don't think I'll be able to attend anymore."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-30-2013, 03:53 AM

Key found himself clutching the bracelet and flowers close to himself. He didn't try to give back the gifts any further. This man was so honest and his face showed so much emotion it was painful to look at. He bit his lip? This guy wouldn't come any more? was it because Key had pushed him away? It didn't seem fair. He had to try to explain himself, the guy deserved that much.

"It's not that I don't like the attention. Your flowers are always so beautiful! But..." Key stared the guy in the eyes, trying to express that this wasn't just some line women repeated for everyone they didn't want to date. "It's impossible. I'm not everything you obviously think I am."

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-30-2013, 04:10 AM

Lorn could feel his smile widen at her words. She liked the flowers! Even her next words couldn't bring down the man from his elated state. There was just something about knowing that his gestures were appreciated that made his heart sing. "Oh Lady, but you are.. I've never seen anyone show such grace and versatility on stage before, and I've been to many a show." She was a wondrous beauty, somehow managing to capture the heart's of the audience though she didn't have the leading role. Lorn had watched her capture them first hand with her lithe movements.

"Whoever has your heart is very lucky indeed ... You're showing me so much kindness, even though you've just met me." Maybe he would revise his decision not to visit the theater anymore, though they wouldn't be nearly as frequent. She did appreciate the flowers he sent, and even the bracelet it seemed, she held it so tightly!

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-30-2013, 06:53 AM

Key's heart stuttered a bit just hearing that praise. It would be perfect except the word 'lady'. He liked being thought of as a lady, but not in a case like this. He didn't notice that almost everyone had already left the theater and the few people left were casting glaces in their direction.

"Who has my heart?" he said before realizing that must have been the impression Key was giving by saying he wasn't available. "Yes, of course. Lucky..." The recovery was a bad one and Key realized it. He took a step back, still clutching tightly to the flowers. "W-well, you can continue to come to the shows or not. I don't care. But really, I have to go now!" He turned and made a hasty retreat to finally change out of his stage clothes.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-30-2013, 10:08 PM

Lorn found himself frowning at her words. She'd seemed so uncertain, was she in some type of trouble? "Wait ..." The blonde lifted a hand to reach out and stop her flight, but let it fall as she disappeared. He was worried for her now. Shaking his head, the art gallery manager walked away. The only thing he could do was come back the next day and wait.

That was exactly what he did, bouquet in hand, Lorn waited by the stage and watched silently as people departed. Hopefully the actress would make an appearance again like she had the day before. He wanted to give her the blue roses he'd gathered himself, and find out what had distressed her so the day before when they had been speaking.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-31-2013, 04:54 AM

If Key sang a little less joyously than usual, perhaps with a hint of loneliness, none of the other cast said anything. They gave him looks though. Just quick glances out of the corner of their eyes when they thought he wasn't looking. He shook his hair loose right after the curtain came down and he walked slowly back stage. He wouldn't have considered looking for his admirer in the crowd, but a stage hand pointed back to the audience and Key knew he must be there.

He knew better than to do it, but he went in search of the man anyway. When he caught sight of the blue roses, he walked right up to the man. "Hello," Key said hesitantly. "You came back after all?"

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 01-31-2013, 04:48 PM

The blonde smiled a little and nodded. "I was worried ... You seemed so upset yesterday; I wanted to make sure that you were alright." Lorn had feared that something he'd said might have upset the singer, or perhaps it was another matter entirely? The manager couldn't know that, all he did know was that he hadn't been able to stay away. Lorn was glad he hadn't. The as yet nameless lady had sounded rather sad during her performance, even when singing the most joyous of songs.

"Here, these are for you." As always, he was rather nervous as he held out the flowers with a hopeful look. Lorn could only hope that his hands weren't trembling... It was hard to tell, when all his attention was on the ginger haired woman before him. "My name is Lorn," blurted out the man suddenly with a sudden widening of his eyes, as if he were shocked at himself.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-01-2013, 01:54 AM

Key took the flowers and sniffed them. He couldn't stop the look of joy from flitting across his face. He didn't even know where this man had managed to find blue roses, but he was glad. He always loved them dearly. He looked up from the flowers to shake his head at the man who had just introduced himself as Lorn. For the first time, Key realized that Lorn was just as nervous as he was.

"I'm alright. You needn't worry. I was just...flustered the other night." He was surprised that Lorn hadn't realized Key was lying when he said he was taken. He held his hand out awkwardly to shake. Was this the right sort of situation for that? "Lorn? What an interesting name. Everyone calls me Key," he said. There was no need to say his birth name was Keith, though that would clear up this whole misunderstanding. There was no way to know if this man would then go tell the world about it though, after surely having his heart broken.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-01-2013, 02:25 AM

Lorn couldn't help but smile after seeing how Key reacted to the flowers. The expression slipped a little as the actress continued speaking in that voice he thought of as melodious. "But you looked so upset ... Did you have an argument with your love?" No no, he shouldn't have been asking such questions, nor should such hope have flared in his heart.

"I'm sorry, it's none of my business. It's nice to finally have a name to call you Key." There was so much more he wanted to say, but it just wasn't the time. There probably never would be one ... Shaking his head, he forced a smile and glanced at the ginger haired woman standing with him. It was wonderful just being able to speak as they were.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-01-2013, 04:31 AM

The smile dropped off Key's face with the question Lorn asked. For an actor, he was dreadfully bad at hiding his emotions when he wasn't on stage. He quickly smoothed his features though. "Really, it's nothing like that. Really. I think you have a misunderstanding about my relationship." He didn't go into any more detail.

Key wondered if it was really alright to be talking like this. Once again they were talking after the audience had already left. "Don't you have something better to do than talk to me all night?" he asked from curiosity, not from a desire to get rid of the man. He just figured most people had better things to do. People left the theater quickly so they could eat a late dinner or sleep or at least kiss their kids goodnight.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-01-2013, 06:30 AM

He raised an eyebrow upon hearing Key's enigmatic words, but decided not to say anything else about the subject. It seemed to be a conversational topic best avoided for both of them. Lorn couldn't help but smile upon hearing Key's question, he even laughed a little. The blond was unable to think of anything else he would have wanted to do more then talk with the ginger haired woman.

"Honestly, I've already taken care of all the work I needed to do, and there's no one special in my life... So this, well talking with you is really the very best thing I could be doing right now." And he meant it. Enjoying such wonderful conversation, well perhaps it wasn't that yet, was a rare treat for Lorn, especially when it had nothing to do with his work, or his parents' gallery.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-01-2013, 06:47 AM

Well, Key could have figured there was no one special in this man's life. He was spending his time here after all and so much of it. But Key supposed he was a little surprised that there was nothing better to do. "I see. I don't really mind talking with you either." He trailed off, wondering what else to say. "You work then?" was the only thing Key could think of to ask. He sniffed the flowers again and sighed. Why did such a nice man have to think he was a woman?

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-01-2013, 04:26 PM

He wondered why it was that so few words could make his heart want to soar. Then again, Lorn had been admiring Key from a distance for a while, and simply being able to speak with her was a thrill. At her question, he nodded with a slight smile. "Yes, I do. I manage my parents' art gallery, and sometimes help out with the accounts of some other businesses to get a little extra cash. I could work anywhere, but ... it's nice, seeing people's dreams come true."

His parents focused on the newly emerging talents and nurtured them until they could take care of themselves. It was wonderful to see. "What do you do in your free time? I come here to watch the performances, but that's your work, so there must be something else you do." Key's sigh didn't go unnoticed. It was why Lorn had come up with such a sudden question to try and distract her from her thoughts. It wouldn't do for the performer to lose that spark of joy on stage which had made him admire her so from afar.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-01-2013, 07:56 PM

Key's eyes brightened. He noticed Lorn's smile when talking about his job and figured he must have liked the work. It certainly sounded interesting to Key. "How lovely! I haven't been to an art gallery for some time. Maybe I'll come visit your parents?" He hoped that was alright, wasn't sending wrong signals or anything. The idea of seeing dreams come true sounded so quaint even if that was just Lorn's opinion of it.

Key tilted his head at the man's question. He wondered if his answer might ruin Lorn's opinion of him. "Well...it might surprise you, but I'm a gamer. I spend my time in front of the tv with a controller in my hand almost every free minute I have. I'm retroing it right now and trying to beat all the games I played as a kid."

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 02-01-2013, 11:36 PM

He laughed a little at the hesitancy in Key's voice. "You might want to know the gallery's name, it might be hard to find otherwise." Calming down, the blonde man continued. " Kindred Gallery, it's over on main street, not far from the old antique shop." Lorn found himself wondering if Key would enjoy the experience, and what she might look like when not wearing her costume.

At the mention of her gaming habits, his eyes widened slightly. The graceful lady was a gamer? That was rather unexpected, but somehow endearing as well. "That is a surprise." He chuckled a little. " I recommend you keep any gaming consoles away from me. For some reason they break when I'm around." Lorn just didn't know how to use them, in fact he could barely get his cell working half the time. Everything was a technological mystery to him, except the computer he used for his work. That he could handle, but not anything else apparently.