Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 08-24-2013, 05:22 PM

A surprised gasp escaped her when he lifted her up onto his shoulder. She wasn't expecting it, yeah, he had come over, but who just picks someone up like that? But now, when she reached up, her fingers touched the branch. Wrapping her blistered hands around it she grabbed onto it and pulled herself up, using what little strength remained to climb up onto the branch. This was the part she could handle, she was small enough that it could hold her weight, and it wasn't hard to balance. Now she looked around for the nest, she hadn't seen it, but it was dark, and she never had been able to see well in the dark. "I am... can we just say five feet?" Okay, so she was lying. She was about 4'10", and hated it. People thought she was like 10 years old.

"Now, where is this nest at?"

Liz*
likes dinos

Old 08-24-2013, 05:38 PM

She climbed around branch like... well to be honest a monkey. She was small and fast. And 5 feet? Seemed like less than that, but he decided he would give her the time of day. "It's on the one behind behind you, close to the main trunk." The nest was small, but there was a good four eggs in it, perfect. Now if the mother sparrow would know they were about to eat her babies and appear, that'd be best as they can roast her too.

-

Eva stared at them, in a small dose of surprise. "Since when did you guys get so friendly?" Just a while ago Lulu had been unpleasant with him. But now they seemed fairly cooperative. She was waiting for reply but Ryker just stared at the branches like she hasn't said anything.

Precarious Fool

Old 08-24-2013, 06:01 PM

Before she went to get the branch, after listening to Ryker's instructions on where it was, she had heard Eva speak. "I saved his life from a snake in the trees, so he owes me his life!" Why was she lying? It always seemed to come to that with her. She couldn't be serious, didn't tell the truth nearly enough, and seemed to start a lot of things. At least Ryker seemed easy going enough, but she wondered if this would upset him. She didn't give herself time to think about it, instead she moved carefully along the branch to the trunk of the tree, then climbed over onto the other branch. She hadn't even checked to see if the parents were in the nest, and panic struck her for a moment, wondering if they were going to fly out and attack her. Yet nothing happened, the nest was still there. She felt bad, about to steal these eggs from their parents, but they would starve otherwise, then what? With careful movements she scooped up the entire nest and shifted herself, carefully trying to get to the next branch without dropping the nest.

Easier said than done, but then she had it, shifting her body carefully to rest on that branch. She held the nest down to Ryker, "Care to grab it?"

Liz*
likes dinos

Old 08-24-2013, 06:11 PM

"Saved my life huh." he muttered a laugh. He reached up to take the nest from her, sadly the mother hadn't come yet. He went and set it next to the fire. He turned to Eva, "can you look around and find a few branches that would fit the egg... I mean a branch that would hold it." Not sure if he had gotten the message across. They needed branches that had other smaller branches at just the right angle so it could fit the egg.

-

A branch that could hold the egg? Then it would be better to have one as reference, she picked a random egg and took it with her to explore the nearby bushes. It was completely pitch black now. So she could only go so far.

Hmm... this one and this... They both fit. She just needed two more, and kept looking.

Precarious Fool

Old 08-24-2013, 06:18 PM

Lulu watched him walk away, kind of enjoying her little perch up in the tree. She felt safe, but it was cold, and now that she wasn't doing anything she found herself shivering. Wrapping her arms around herself she lingered in the tree a little longer, her back against the trunk, one leg stretched across the branch, the other dangling. The cold made her sleep, and as she tried to cuddle herself with her arms, her eyelids felt heavy. Just for a minute, she told herself as she closed them. She had heard Ryker tell Eva something, but it was muffled and she didn't hear it. They were likely trying to figure out how they were going to cook the food.

If they had some of the metal, like had burnt her, left over from the plane, they could likely fry them. But none of them would go back there right now. She yawned, thinking maybe in the morning she would go see what was there. A cold chill blew through the air, and she shivered and wrapped her arms tighter around herself.

Liz*
likes dinos

Old 08-24-2013, 06:30 PM

He signed, the night was getting even cooler. Though it was august, it was Canada. He tilted his head to see Lulu perched on the tree, hugging herself tight due to the cold. He had been sitting near the fire, but she sat there high up in the tree, away from it, of course she would be cold.

"It's warmer here than up there." He moved his hands over the fire, the warm air felt great. He added a few more wood sticks to the pile. The fire better not die out through out the night.

Precarious Fool

Old 08-24-2013, 06:35 PM

He was right, of course he was right, but she was so used to being on her own, and uncomfortable that she almost didn't mind this. That was until the next breeze blew through. Why was she wearing shorts? Well, maybe because she had been in California the past few months, and she had so few clothes, but still, on her way to Alaska in shorts? Okay, she wasn't very smart. With a sigh she managed to sit up, swinging both her legs over one side of the branch. Bracing herself she jumped down, landing on her feet with a little thud. The injured leg of hers screamed at her for being so stupid, and she winced, standing still for a moment, hoping the pain would go away.

After a moment she felt like she could walk again and slowly made her way over to where Ryker was, watching him. She plopped down a few feet from the fire, pulling her knees up to her chest, staring at the flames. It was then that she noticed Eva was not here, "Where did she go?"

Liz*
likes dinos

Old 08-24-2013, 06:44 PM

"Looking for branches. We need something to hold the eggs over the fire." He answered as she sat down. He stared at the fire, having lived in Switzerland for a year while coping with his hateful roommate who broke their heater, he would be fine with just this throughout the night, but he wasn't so sure about the others. Especially her, who was wearing shorts. "The fire's warm enough?"

Absentmindedly, he added more wood than he should to the fire, and it flared up a bit.

Precarious Fool

Old 08-24-2013, 06:49 PM

As he added too much she winced and scooted back a bit, the warmth hurting the burn on her leg. "Yeah, I've spent some nights outside, I'll survive." She replied with a slight smile, but kept her eyes on the flames. So Eva was getting sticks? He wouldn't let her go find food in near dark, but he sent the other girl off in the dark to find sticks? She shook her head, sure she was small, but she wasn't weak and helpless. It made her a bit angry to think that he didn't think she could handle herself.

With a huff she stood up and went back to the tree to get her stick, then onto the stream for a drink. She didn't realize how thirsty she was until she leaned down beside the water and scooped some up. The cold water was amazing and she kept drinking, not sure how she was ever going to get enough.

Liz*
likes dinos

Old 08-24-2013, 07:31 PM

"Heh. So much for sharing body heat." He grinned to himself. He turned around when he heard footsteps, thinking Lulu had come back, but it was Eva. In her hand held four sticks. "I brought only one egg and I'm not sure if they'll all fit." He shrugged. "They'd be more or less the same size." He took a branch and stuck it hard into the ground, as if planting it. Then he balanced the egg on atop the branch, not far from above the fire. When Eva saw this, she mimicked him and did the same, the two easily finished with the preparations.

Ryker glanced at the unconscious Koen. "You'll wake him up when it's time to eat..." then he frowned. "Why's he sleeping anyway?" Was he that tired?

Eva quickly went over the events. Ah, poor him. But they were all going to sleep soon anyway, the eggs would take some time. He stood up and walked off, before that, there was something he needed to do.

Precarious Fool

Old 08-24-2013, 07:39 PM

With a sigh Lulu sat on the waters edge, the moon reflecting in the slowly moving waters. Why was she feeling so down all of a sudden? Despite everything that happened things were not going so bad, okay yeah, she was hungry and cold, but she was alive, had all her limbs, and the pain wasn't too bad anymore. As she dipped her fit in the water it took her a moment to finally realize she was barefoot. Well damn, what had happened to her flip-flops? They must have fallen off at some point, which sucked, because now she was going to be barefoot. How had she not noticed before? Was her body that numb that she didn't feel it while in the forest? Oh well.

She sighed and closed her eyes, shivering as the wind blew and the cold water lapped at her legs. She thought she heard Eva back, but she didn't look.

Liz*
likes dinos

Old 08-24-2013, 07:48 PM

Eva just sat there. She noticed Lulu sitting near the stream, looking a dejected for some reason. She wonders why. Beside her, Koen still slept. Seeing him sleep made her tire too. She laid down on her back and looked into the sky. In New York there was never so many stars in the skies. More like, there were but she wasn't able to see them. Stars huh... what time could it be now? How much had passed since they crashed? would people come and find them to rescue them? They have to right, they got to.

She shivered, curling up into a little ball. And closed her eyes. Sleep didn't seem to favor her, but she tried. Eventually, she would be able to fall sleep.

Precarious Fool

Old 08-24-2013, 08:01 PM

Despite being tired she felt restless and knew she wouldn't be able to sleep, at least not right away. Plus, she felt dirty, and her hands burned. She looked back at the camp, She could see Eva laying down, and Koen, but not Ryker. Maybe he was on the other side, he was so concerned about being out in the dark it wasn't likely that he was wandering around in the woods, and she didn't seem him anywhere nearby. He must have laid down too, they all were tired.

She watched and waited for a moment, she didn't notice any movement. Okay, she would be good to clean up now, right? It was cold, but she was used to this, and the wind would dry her anyways. It seemed the water was a little bit deeper just down the way, she would still be able to see the fire, plus she was going to be quick. Anyways, it would tire her out. Slipping behind a tree nearby she undressed down to her undergarments, boy shorts and a tank top, deciding that even if someone came over it wasn't like a swimsuit, if she even had one, would cover any more. She dipped her feet into the water, it was cold, icy, but it felt good in a way, after everything that had been going on, and her burns appreciated it. She would be quick, she told herself. She walking in deeper, the cold water rising up to her thighs now. She shivered a little, but didn't mind it so much. Bending down she scooped up some water and used it to rub onto her legs, trying to get some of the dirt off.

Liz*
likes dinos

Old 08-24-2013, 08:55 PM

Ryker moved his hands over the dirt. He made it look almost completely natural, no one in their good mind would seek to dig it up. It took him quite a while upon waking to dig a hole big enough to fit a parachute. He tilt his head back and breathed deeply, he hadn't expected three people to survive. This was much of a miracle, actually. Not that he minded, it would suck to be loitering this Canada place without any source of amusement. When he first buried it, he just winged it. Made it look like a cat took a crap and filled it in, but now that he knows others were alive, he took further safety measures. He straightened his legs and stood up, quietly making his way back. Hopefully none of them would ever find this, or else questions will raise.

He hadn't thought about what to do then, he will later, when he needs to. As he approached their camping area, he heard faint splashes of water. Who would be energetic enough now to playing with water? He slid behind a tree and looked out from behind him. And of course, it was her. The steam girl... hah. What is she, washing mud off her legs? He looked at his own arms, also covered in dirt, but not as dirty. He shrugged to himself, who cares. It was just some earth. He then came out from behind the tree and upped his footsteps. "Still not asleep yet?" He nodded to the two that were already snoring away.

Precarious Fool

Old 08-24-2013, 09:05 PM

The water she was in felt good on the burn on her leg. She was enjoying the cool liquid running down her legs, as well as listening to the sounds of nature around her. She thought she saw something out of the corner of her eye, and she heard something... footsteps? Before she could freak out she heard a familiar voice. Ryker. Sighing in relief she looked over at him. She felt a little embarrassed that she was standing there wearing what she was, but she didn't really let it show. "Restless. Plus, I was really thirsty." She half smiled then went back to washing herself up. Her body hurt and she was tired of bending over each time. She was trying to keep what she had on at least a little bit dry but now she didn't care. Giving in she just sat down in the water, shivering and giving a little gasp as the cold water hit her rear, then her stomach.

It took her a moment to get used to it, but she did. Using her hands once more she started to rub the water carefully on her arms, getting the dirt and soot off of them. "Thirty, too?" She asked with a grin, not really sure if he would see it or not. Why else had he come here. "I thought you were sleeping."

Liz*
likes dinos

Old 08-24-2013, 09:32 PM

He bit back a laugh as he got closer and saw her attire. He grinned, "a little." Scooping up the cold water, he sat down near the flames, drinking it. "I just needed to take a crap." And he laid flat on his back now. He was tired as well. The soreness of his muscles would most likely get worse the next morning.

He laid there for a while, but his mind kept turning, on and on about irrelevant things. And her water splashing added to the distractions. "If you're gonna bath then just take everything off and get it over with." He winced, knowing he probably shouldn't have said that. Not that it didn't make sense you know, if it was him, he would've done it that way.

Precarious Fool

Old 08-24-2013, 10:59 PM

She bit back a laugh and continued washing herself carefully. She watched him as he moved around, then laid down. She washed in silence for a moment, but heard the comment from him. She was used to things like that and she wasn't a very shy person. "I'd rather not die naked when I'm mauled by a wild animal. Let me have that dignity." She laughed and laid back, lowering her body until she floated on the surface, her hair spilling out around her. It felt good and she stared up at the stars, and just for a moment she forgot about being stranded.

Last edited by Precarious Fool; 08-25-2013 at 07:21 PM..

Liz*
likes dinos

Old 08-26-2013, 01:24 AM

It's only a matter of time before they all had to strip and wash their clothes anyway. He turned on his side and closed his eyes, eager to block away any more distractions. Soon he realized he wouldn't be able to sleep until everyone else was. He groaned, hateful towards his own habit. Maybe tomorrow would be more exciting, Ryker actually wanted to do some hunting. Real hunting, like the ones him and Jared had done back when he was in high school, it had been the only thing common between them. He didn't exactly have a suitable weapon, but perhaps he could just bare hand it. He shook the thought out of his head, unlikely. Damn, he was thinking again, he knew he needed a bored mind to sleep, so he emptied his head again.

Think nothing... maybe count... 1...2...3...

Precarious Fool

Old 08-26-2013, 01:41 AM

She wasn't sure how long she rested there, her body floating, she was sure she might have even fallen asleep at some point. Her body jerked and jumped, forcing her to wake up. At first she forgot where she was, flailing a bit in the water. It came back to her thought, and she stood up in the water, shivering now. Oh god, it seemed so much colder now, and she was wet. She blinked for a moment, looking around. Shit, it was so dark aside from the moon, and she felt alone all of a sudden. Wait, where was the light from the campfire? She scanned the waters edge, and just barely in the distance she could see it. Shit, she must have floated all the way down here. Shivering and a little bit scared she made her way to the edge of the water and walked along the shore down to the campsite.

She found her clothes right where she had left them. Of course though, what good would they be if she put them on over the wet ones. She could see all three of the others next to the campfire, so she figured it was safe to hurry and switch out. After doing so she hung the wet undergarments on a branch and figured she would let them dry, tomorrow they should be good. Her wet hair clung to her face and shoulders, and chilled her. She wished she had something to tie it up with... maybe in the morning. Shivering she made her way to the fire, sitting in front of it, quietly not to disturb the others, and pulled her knees up to her chest, staring at the fire. A yawn escaped her, but she was still shivering and wanted to get warm.

Liz*
likes dinos

Old 08-26-2013, 03:33 AM

Surprisingly, he felt like he was already half asleep. In a semi conscious state, he heard sounds of water splashing that he hasn't heard in a while. Then trees moving, more specific the branches, then footsteps. He heard dripping water too. Somewhere in his mind he knew who it was, but he too tired to truly register it. He spun his body around to face where the sounds were coming from.

But as the sounds got closer they got louder as well. He felt a little irritated when he forced his eyes to open. The hazy sight turned clear in a second. He saw her sitting by the fire, not too far from him. Hair dripping, clothes changed too. Ryker signed silently, she was smart to have played around in water right before the coldest part of the night. She was shivering, of course. Ugh. He so wished he could just be asleep by now, but he just wasn't.

He pushed himself up and grabbed the zipper resting on his shoulders. His shirt came with a detachable hood. It was comfortable to use it as a pillow, but he would have to give up that comfort. A still a little dazed, he just smacked the hood onto her shoulder. "Dry your hair." And please sleep. Quietly. So I can sleep.

Precarious Fool

Old 08-26-2013, 03:44 AM

She wasn't sure how long she had been sitting there, looking at the fire, but it really didn't seem to warm her enough. Her head would droop sometimes, her eyelids heavy but she felt afraid to sleep, in a way. Who knew what would happen to them? A wild animal? A crazy hunter? Freezing to death? God, it could be anything. Her mind didn't seem like it was going to allow her to get any sleep, which wasn't all too uncommon for her. Closing her eyes she tried to relax and assure herself it would be okay, the wind chilling her each time.

All of a sudden something touched her shoulder and she gasped, nearly jumping forward, which would have landed her into the fire. Ryker. The voice was strangely reassuring. She looked at what he had given to her, the hood? She shook her head,"I'll be fine, sorry for waking you." It was barely above a whisper. She didn't want to wake up the others as well. After that she handed the hood back to him and then laid down, curling up on her side as close to the fire as she felt safe. She tried to hide the shivers and hugged her arms around herself, pulling her knees up close to her chest. "Night..." She mumbled quietly.

Liz*
likes dinos

Old 08-26-2013, 04:00 AM

He groaned. Having sat up and offered help, she could take it just as being mannerly. Yeah, she was still shivering, even though not as much as before, probably trying to hide it. He felt his own eyelids get heavy... and he really was on the brink of just passing out right there. "You'll just create more trouble for us if you get sick." He grumbled, turning away from her, the hood still in his hand. He felt his eyes shut without notice, and it was all black before his eyes then.

He had fallen asleep.

Precarious Fool

Old 08-26-2013, 04:08 AM

"You can't get sick from wet hair..." She mumbled in reply, but he didn't say anything back so he was sure that he had fallen asleep. It was more or less quiet all around them, she could heard the wind blowing, the fire crackling and the sounds of nature around her, she didn't like it. She longed for noise, the blow of a horn, a TV, anything. A sigh escaped her as she tried to erase her mind and go blank, otherwise she would never get to sleep.

Curled into herself as tightly as she could, she found her body wanting to drift off, but her mind was fighting it, at this rate she would never get any sleep. It was going to be a long night, morning couldn't come soon enough. Yet at some point, who knows how much longer later, her mind finally gave in an she managed to fall asleep.

Liz*
likes dinos

Old 08-26-2013, 04:13 AM

The bright sun pierced through her eyelids, and she turned and tossed in reply. Hitting something in the way, but she wasn't sure what. It was morning already... That had been fast. She let out a yawn and stretched, again hitting something. But she didn't exactly care. "Morning..." She uttered to no one in particular. Even though the sun was bright, she still wanted to sleep, lifting one arm over her eyes, Eva hoped no one would disturb her even if they were awake. She had never been the one to wake up early.

Precarious Fool

Old 08-26-2013, 04:34 AM

The something that Eva had bumped into was in fact Koen, who groaned and opened his eyes. The sun was bright and he blinked a few times, trying to get adjusted to it, it wasn't working. With a sigh he managed to sit up, his whole body aching. Each movement made a new muscle hurt, and he nearly collapsed back to the ground, but managed to keep himself up. He wasn't sure he would be standing anytime soon, or doing much of anything at this point, but after his eyes adjusted he did look around. Eva was laying with her arm over her eyes, the others were sleeping from what he could tell. The fire wasn't very large and the morning was cold. He shivered a bit, hoping that as the sun rose it would be a bit warmer.

"Morning..." He managed in reply, his eyes closing. Yeah, he felt like crap.

-

Lulu felt so tired, she didn't want to wake up, but the bright sun wasn't help anything. Plus she was cold. Cold, tired, and a bit out of it she didn't really think her next move through but she didn't care. She didn't have much shame, anyways. Her eyes flickered open a bit, she seen where Ryker was. He was the one who was closer, right? Silently she scooted a bit towards him until she was behind him. The morning was cold, the fire dying, so she had an excuse. With a small sigh of content she nuzzled her face into his upper back, her small body curling up against his a bit, trying to steal some of the warmth, and his form blocking the bright sun that tried to wake her.