zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-02-2014, 02:08 AM

Looking back at my previous post it's funny for me to see the difference that a year has made in my habits. I wear a different foundation now that offers a bit more coverage for my breakouts and I've started playing around with eyeliners. I'm currently digging liquid liner pens where I used to have a huuuge problem trying to apply liners of any sort. I'm also having fun sampling different mascaras and wear it on an almost daily basis now. I'm really hoping to get some Sephora gift cards this Christmas so I can splurge on some of the products I've been eyeing. One of the products that still baffles me is matte eyeshadow. It just seems hard to blend and hard to pair. I'm never really sure what to do with it...

jupiter
inactive account

Old 12-17-2014, 06:58 AM

I think it's a little disappointing to read that wearing makeup is equated with a lack of self value.

I love to wear lots of blush; I don't know what it is, or how I got into the habit, but I seem to love using excessive amounts of coral blush. My usual routine is to swipe a cat eye liner on the top, mascara the top lashes, a little cream blush, and then a primer for my lips. It's very fast, very easy, and I can take it casual or evening. Oh right, and eyebrows. I think I generally do my eyebrows regardless of whether I'm wearing any makeup or not.

When I was in high school, I liked to wear very dramatic makeup. False lashes, the coolest eyeshadow. But I guess some men took it upon themselves to view it as an invitation and I don't wear that kind of makeup very often these days. At least I didn't until I was ready to follow through on a threat of kicking in teeth.

I like to see girls with dramatic makeup, or unique combinations I've never considered. I'm still trying to get back to the level of an even cat eye on both sides. What struggles!

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 12-18-2014, 02:38 AM

Make-up has nothing or little to do with self value.

aliceinwonderland99
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-03-2015, 07:48 PM

I don't normally wear make up, only cause its a pain to put on and that my job, I will just run in it.
I do find that the cheep stuff bugs my face and when I'm standing in line with the expensive stuff I'm like seriously do I need this? Its not like you wear it and its not like anyone is going to see it.
Mind you last week when my sister was home I did my "War Paint" (for that is what I like to call make up, thank you princess jellyfish) and I got a lot of complements about how lovely I look, so maybe I will start wearing it more often now? who knows?

Aimless.Wanderer
A.K.A ii-AznGurlDream-ii

Old 01-07-2015, 03:43 AM

I never wear makeup on a daily basis. Ever. Occassionally when I go to a party and feel like it I would brush on a little bit of mascara, but other than that, it isn't anything big to me (I actually don't really need mascara anyways...). It was nice to look at in the store, but I would never actually try it for myself. It's weird because some of my friends are makeup enthusiasts, whether they got into makeup and cosmetics themselves or they have a mom or another relative that has a career in cosmetology or something like that. I have always wanted to learn how to put on makeup but I never tried learning XD

llonka
Momma to the Crazies!

Penpal

Old 02-27-2015, 02:50 PM

I'm one of those who means well, but runs out of time. I've never really worn make-up until recently. I get real lazy though and just don't worry about it.

There is one thing though, when my hair is cut real short (like it is now) I tend to wear makeup. When it's longer i don't care and I look like a hot mess. I usually just wear eye makeup (shadow, liner, mascara) and sometimes a powder foundation. I rarely wear lipstick as it just comes off and looks funky later anyways. I'd rather wear clear chapstick or something similar.

Silenia
Goddess of Silly Creepiness, Que...

Old 02-27-2015, 03:01 PM

Nope, no make-up for me ever. I don't quite care what I look like in the first place, beyond that I'm reasonably happy with my natural appearance; I consider the time spent putting on make-up time better spent doing something I enjoy and I'm allergic to about 90% of it.