Sestina
Child of the Night

Old 04-18-2014, 01:00 PM

I use Secret for deodorant/antiperspirant. I try to use one that has little to no scent. I only use it to avoid my armpits from sweating. I don't really smell bad. Unless probably if you let me climb a mountain, then I'm sure I'll start to smell. I'm grateful that I don't really produce body odor, I think I got that from my dad's side of the family since my female cousin from my mom's side complained to me once about her armpits. She told me her armpits sweat a lot and would start smelling bad if she doesn't reapply deodorant during the course of her day, like twice or three times a day. I was surprised since I only apply my deodorant just once after every shower and I shower everyday, at times I skip using deodorant/antiperspirant a day if I know I won't really do anything that'll cause my armpits to sweat.
My neck though easily gets sweaty, if it's safe to put antiperspirant on my neck I would.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-18-2014, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Who? View Post
Zig, you might like mitchum deodorants, then. They have shower clean and powder fresh which are both very nice. It's super effective, too. It wasn't enough for me, but it was the best I found before Secret Clinical.
I've never head of that... Is it a brand or just a type of deodorants?

I've been curious about trying spray deodorants. Does anyone use them?

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-18-2014, 03:47 PM

it's fruity melon, but it's by lady speed stick
i was a little over tired last night.
i can't believe they discontinued it =(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal Biggles View Post
What scent is it, hummy?

[RFIM]
Clever Girl

Old 04-18-2014, 04:06 PM

I usually don't wear anything special. Just normal minimal smell deodorant.
I do have Victoria's Secret Bombshell that I wear sometimes. And I always loved Elizabeth Arden's Sunflowers but don't have any currently. >_>

Sestina
Child of the Night

Old 04-18-2014, 05:45 PM

@zigbigadorlube Mitchum is a brand. I haven't tried any spray deodorants but I'm curious with the Dove ones.

I didn't know sunflowers have a smell since there are no sunflowers where I live. I just thought they didn't have a smell.

[RFIM]
Clever Girl

Old 04-18-2014, 05:54 PM

Actual sunflowers do have a smell, it's just not very strong. The perfume is more fragrant, kind of a typical light pretty flower smell. ^o^

Sestina
Child of the Night

Old 04-18-2014, 06:35 PM

Ooh! I'll make sure to sniff a sunflower if I ever get to see one.
Does the perfume have the same smell as a real sunflower, only much stronger?

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-19-2014, 01:25 AM

I don't think I've seen it around here so I guess that's a no go. >.<

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-19-2014, 06:13 AM

Zig - Mitchum is a brand.

They only have a few scents, so they don't get much real estate in the deodorant aisle. And it's not one of the big brands, so it's usually not eye-level. Easy to miss if you're not looking for it!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-19-2014, 12:35 PM

Hm, I'll have to look a bit harder then next time I go to the store. >_<

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 04-20-2014, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post
it's fruity melon, but it's by lady speed stick
i was a little over tired last night.
i can't believe they discontinued it =(
Aw. Well, you might be able to find like, a case of it on close-out online. When I was googling The Healing Garden Zzztherapy stuff, I found several of those on offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [RFIM] View Post
Actual sunflowers do have a smell, it's just not very strong. The perfume is more fragrant, kind of a typical light pretty flower smell. ^o^
I think sunflowers smell like warm earth. So long as they are fresh it's quite nice. Once they start to turn though, pheew.
I keep wanting to try that perfume. I'm not sure I should bother though, I'm not likely to wear it often, so it seems like an unnecessary expense.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-22-2014, 11:41 AM

Speaking of fragrances, I got this in my Ipsy bag:

It's a very floral, sweet smell that is perfect for the spring. I wouldn't say it's a really like hip and young scent but a very pretty floral. I really like it, though my fiance scrunched up his nose when I had him smell it. >.<

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-23-2014, 06:58 AM

Men are awful with scents. I put on my perfume, accurately called "Warm Cotton," to have my boyfriend tell me, "you smell like an apple!"

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-23-2014, 10:46 AM

O. o Apple is such a distinct scent...

That warm cotton perfume sounds lovely though!

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-23-2014, 09:02 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure where he's getting that. It has a crisp note or two, but way too much laundry scent to be confused with an apple!

The perfume is amazing. It's from CLEAN, which makes the best perfumes ever.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-24-2014, 11:31 AM

Where do you get yours? I don't think I've seen it around but I don't look at perfumes often...

I did smell this line in Sephora a while back:

I remember liking the "purple" one best. I can't remember what that one is called though...

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-24-2014, 07:33 PM

Sephora, actually. Here's their store list.

At the closest sephora, they occupy very little shelf space, or so I'm told. My mom got it for me as a Christmas gift and she told me she walked through the perfume department for a very long time before an employee asked her if she needed help. Apparently she had been overlooking it the whole time due to how small of a section it had. They didn't have many of the scents, but they had just the one I wanted.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 04-24-2014, 09:45 PM

FDJHKDHKSHKS @ Zig. That's my soap, from the first post! Tokyo milk. It's number 6, "Dead sexy" , but it smells great, in soap form. It's a bit strong in the perfume and lotion form, but I've recently heard they have have it in the Dark Lip Balm pots you have in that image. Though it's 72 in that category. By purple do you mean 60? That's Cocoa Noir.
The only Dark collection that I have in at the moment is the Wisdom Roll-on
Quote:
Wisdom
No. 26

Wisdom: the course of time & observation lead way to its inky depths.

Fragrance Notes - Water Lily, Woods + Moss, Walnut, Winter Musk
Sound great right? Perfect for me? Well it turns out it's incredibly strong I can only use it to mix with another roll-on which is too syrupy when used alone. I need them to temper each other.

There is one I would like to try still, and that's the Yesterday scent:
Quote:
Yesterday
No. 21

Yesterday: the dark of evening thick with stolen memories.

Fragrance Notes - Asuka Rose, Linden, Ginger Root, Aged Wood
I would definitely have to test it before I purchased it, though.

@ Cherry: looking at the website... have you tried the Provence scent? It sounds mild and has the kind of... flavour profile i like.
Quote:
The soft, fresh, beautiful scent, captured for centuries by the fine milled soaps of France, is now a very special perfume by CLEAN. Reminiscent of pure soap and water, freshly laundered linens and open blue skies. CLEAN Provence will pamper you with a delicate, just-lathered fragrance.
I also wouldn't mind smelling the White Woods, though it might be a bit much -there's a lot going on with it...

Last edited by Cardinal Biggles; 04-24-2014 at 10:00 PM..

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-25-2014, 12:44 AM

Shower Fresh and Warm Cotton are the only ones I've smelled. I want, like, every scent they have though. Too bad they're so 'spensive.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 04-25-2014, 01:45 AM

I know! They don't have sampler sizes? I'm a bit surprised that they don't appear to.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-25-2014, 03:47 AM

They gave out free samples a few years ago (how I discovered them) in the forms of these eensy little tubes, but other than that, no.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 04-25-2014, 06:51 AM

Looks like they are discontinuing the scent anyway. Ahaha Story of my life.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-25-2014, 08:26 AM

Judging by the reviews on some of the discontinued scents, they stay in clearance for a while. Plus, a bottle of perfume lats a pretty long time. I'd say jump on it if you can afford it.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-25-2014, 11:44 AM

@ Biggles: I think it was Yesterday: Fate & Fortune Collection - Yesterday No. 68 - TokyoMilk Dark | Sephora

I didn't know they made soap! I only saw the lotion and the perfumes at Sephora...

@ Cherry: Oh! I guess that would explain it. Next time I head into Sephora I'll ask. I need to get some foundation soon so I'll try to remember to do it then.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 04-26-2014, 12:45 AM

If they have them and you're able to smell lots of them, report back with your findings.