Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 01-30-2014, 01:31 AM

Hellfire Crystal

An RP by NekoLen and Tachigami

In his hands he held a copy of the will, which he had been given early that morning. After receiving the thick envelope, he got a call summoning him to his uncle's lawyer's office. Cian never did understand any of it, though he grew up around adults and knew more than he should at even a young age. But he was glad to be informed that he could bring along a friend or two during the meeting, and chose two of the closest people he could find: A pair of young men. Vince was taller than him, and delved deep into dark clothing and intense music when he was younger. Leo was aptly named due to his wild gold-brown mane of hair and conformed to a grunge-style of appearance. When he arrived to pick them up, however, they had calmed their appearances. Vince's hair was held back in a ponytail, and Leo's wild hair had been combed back and settled with gel. He even wore clothing similar to Cian, a quiet suit that actually matched.

He stood between Vince and Leo as his uncle's lawyer spoke, reading out what he had already read before arriving. Cian didn't understand why he had been picked. He was sure he had some family left, and he wasn't even particularly close with his uncle. No doubt he had friends closer than his reclusive nephew, who didn't even use his abilities for their base intent. But he listened, nonetheless, a little amazed. He got everything. All the man's money. Properties. Collections from all over the world. Everything within the man's home, which was an extensive, beautiful manor on a sprawling estate. Cian was told that it was all transferred automatically into his name at the death of his uncle, and before he and his friends were dismissed he was given a small, old envelope. He pocketed that, nodding to the man as he turned to leave.

Cian was in the lobby before anyone spoke, and it was Vince that did first: "Cian, you're so quiet... say something!"

The young man twitched, closing his amethyst eyes and passing a hand through his coppery hair and messing it up a bit. "Ah... Well... I-I mean... I don't know what to say..." His voice was quiet, as it normally was in a public setting so people couldn't hear him unless they leaned forward quite a ways. "It's so... much to take in at once... I didn't even know the man."

"Yeah, but you're obviously his last relative." Leo went around to face Cian. "I mean it's sad and all, yeah, but you got everything!"

"I guess..."

"No guessing." Vince prodded him along, leading them outside and into the warm spring air. "You're hugely lucky."

Cian nodded, lowering his gaze to the ground until Vince brought it back up. "C'mon, we'll head over to Calver's and talk about it."

"N-no, I don't like to drink much, Vince---"

"You don't have to! We're saving that for later." Leo giggled, bounding ahead of them to grab the passenger seat of the car from Vince. Cian sighed shakily, following them and digging into his pocket for his keys, bringing them out and the envelope as well. "H-hold on...!" He called, his voice nearly lost on the breeze while he opened the letter and pulled the old, traditional-looking parchment paper out. A light, somewhat shifty-looking script was scrawled over the lineless paper:

'Beware the red eyes'

The simple sentence was worded in such a way to send a shiver down Cian's spine, but he shoved it back into his pocket and hurried to catch up, lowering his gaze at anyone that looked at him that wasn't Vince or Leo. When he sat in front of the wheel, Leo studied him as Vince fumed in the back. "Something up?"

"Um... No. Nothing." He started the car, pulling into traffic as he gave in to Leo's pleading to go to Calver's.

Last edited by Tachigami; 02-20-2014 at 12:26 AM..

NekoLen
Tachigami's Personal Slave

Penpal

Old 01-30-2014, 02:00 AM

It hadn't been long before the nephew of Balazahar the Great, a famous magician, was ushered into a lawyer's office with a few friends. Behind the closed door, the nephew, Cian, was informed of the contents of his uncle's will in privacy. They were unaware of someone listening to every word, noting everything that was being said. The small black spider clung to a web it had spun, hidden inside the bookshelf. It watched as the trio were dismissed and scuttled away from its hiding place, up onto the ceiling where it changed its form. A black mist, which soaked through the rafters and floated out onto the roof outside.

A man crouched on the roof, smoking a cigarette and watching out for any intruders. How he had climbed onto the multi-story building's roof would be a mystery and annoying guards would be very interested in hearing him out. Humans were meddling and Nick tried his best not to mix with them. He glanced down at the mist when it appeared, changed form and turned into a raven. The dark bird fluttered slightly and landed on his shoulder.

"Pus, what's the news?" he spoke to the bird, as though it could understand him. It squawked and tilted its head, before opening its black beak and talking back to him in perfect English.

"The man left everything to his nephew. And now I think they are going out for drinks..."

"Hmm..." Nick put his cigarette out in the palm of his hand, not flinching at the burning sensation. "We'll follow that car then... I need to get close to him..."

"Yeah, else Master will be very mad at you... You'll be stripped! Banished!" the raven laughed cruelly, only to be silenced by a slap from Nick. It squawked and flapped away, finding the car the trio had gotten into and following it. Nick watched the bird fly away and shook his head, rubbing his temples.

"Damn those Redicans..." he muttered, pulling another cigarette out of his jacket and lighting it with a small flame he conjured from his well manicured fingertip. The family had made his life extremely difficult, and dealing with his angry Master was something he did not look forward to. He just hoped the devil would be happy with the souls he had given him. He went to the edge of the building and looked down to the alleyway below. There were no humans around so he jumped, landing easily on his feet as though he had merely jumped down a small ledge.

He straightened his jacket and tilted his dark fedora over his well kept black hair. His red eyes searched the crowds as he walked, keeping an eye out for the raven, which would show him where his next victim had gone. The last of the Redicans. Cian.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 01-30-2014, 02:41 AM

Cian was nestled into the back of the booth as if he found solace in the well-used leather seat, huddled between Leo and Vince and lightly stirring a cup of coffee. The noise was a mix of voices, clinks of glasses, footsteps, some low, thumping music, and the kitchen behind the bar sizzling and clunking. The air was rather thick with cigarette smoke that was being vented out through ducts above everyone's heads. Leo and Vince both had a stout, rather dark beer, though Cian didn't really trust himself with alcohol. Especially not under such pressing manners. He let go of the spoon, letting it move on its own while his fingers directed it. Leo watched with a bit of envy. "Show off." He whined, wrinkling his nose. Vince laughed, drinking down half his beer before turning to Cian.

"Hey, you gotta figure out what you're looking to do with this." He said rather seriously. "I mean, you're open for just about anything you want to do! Your uncle is---ah... sorry---was one of the greatest magicians of all time! I mean, his magic was real, and he really milked it for everything he could."

"Look, my magic's real too... But... It won't tell me what I want to do... I know I want to finish my collection... My gems. I have so many, but I'm missing some... I'll be able to afford them now."

"Just those gems?" Leo rolled his eyes. "C'mon, Cian, you gotta branch out. get out of your house, make more friends!"

"I don't want more friends!" Cian's voice rose, but barely. "I mean... I don't want... to branch out. Yet... I want to do what I want to do. I want those gems. Jadeite and red diamond, and serendibite. They're all over a million dollars a carat. Jadeite's the most expensive, but I want a good sized piece."

Leo sighed. "Fine. But you gotta celebrate. Please?" He clasped his hands in a begging motion. "Pleeeeease?"

Cian rolled his eyes. "I guess... you're right... I mean---"

"So you will?" Leo hugged him, ruffling his hair. "And me and Vince can arrange it?"

"Yeah..." Cian pushed Leo back into his seat. "Just... keep it small, okay? Little?"

"Yeah, sure, we will." Vince laughed. "It'll be great, Cian. You gotta loosen up."

"You know what happens when I 'loosen up'." Cian muttered. Leo snickered, earning a sour look from Cian.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 01-30-2014, 03:02 AM

A raven's call directed his gaze skyward. The creature circled a small pub, just off the main street. Nick screwed his nose up at the location, but moved towards it anyway. As he got to the door, the raven fell out of the air and landed on his shoulder, causing many people to stare and children to point. Nick smiled weakly, growling at the bird for showing off to the humans. He wasn't some act and he preferred to not be stared at.

He entered the dark bar, still with his cigarette in his mouth. Small establishments like this didn't bother being smokefree, as there weren't any families with children coming to sit down in the so called resturant. A few people glanced up as he entered, a few stared at the bird nestled on his shoulder. He sat at the counter, just in front of the three that seemed to be talking loudly. Well, two of them were. Cian had always been a quiet boy, that much Nick knew. There was no way that this man was going to give him the daughter he was promised centuries ago. He'd probably faint if a girl even looked at him.

The barman cleared his throat and approached Nick, gazing cautiously at Pus, who was nibbling Nick's hair. "Um... Sir... I'm afraid... You'll have to leave your birdie outside... Unheigenic, you see..." The man's voice trembled slightly, as though he sensed what Nick truly was. He turned his gaze to look at the short, bald man, who recoiled at his bright red eyes.

"He's my companion. He's staying here with me..." Nick whispered, staring into the barman's eyes. Hypnosis was a simple trick, even low levelled demons could do it. Human's minds were weak and easy to manipulate. The barman looked dazed and then blinked slowly.

"Of course sir. Ravens be clean birds," he spoke, as though in a dream. "What would you like, my fine sir?"

Nick didn't like to drink human beverages. The alcohol found on the earth plain was incredibly weak and nasty tasting. He looked away from the barman and peered over his shoulder at the small group. They seemed to be discussing a celebration of sorts. "No drinks for me. Leave me alone."

The barman nodded and went to serve another patron, while Nick whispered directions to Pus. The bird nodded and flew over to where the three were sitting, perching on the chair and whistling slightly. Nick returned his gaze to the bar, trying to think up a plan while Pus distracted them while listening to their conversation.

"Whoa, check out this bird!" one of them exclaimed loudly, as Pus jumped onto their table and stole a chip from the plate in front of them. "I wonder where it came from?"

"That guy had it sitting on his shoulder when he came in," the other one pointed out and the trio looked over to Nick, who pretended to be looking at the wine list. If he had known they sold wine here as well as the disgusting beer and spirits, he would have ordered some. He had a weakness for a good Merlot.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 01-30-2014, 03:36 AM

Cian was quiet while his friends talked about what they would do tomorrow. He didn't look up at all, however, preferring the quiet little square right in front of him and the look of his coffee cup on a cheap napkin. He would have liked to get in on the conversation, be as excited as his friends were. He was just glad he had friends at all that cared about him and not what his parents had left him when they had died. Leo hadn't left him alone until he at least learned Cian's name, and Vince kept meeting him in the same jewelry store as Cian perused the displays, looking for styles to mimic or learn from while he made his own creations, which were later sold in his own store.

He jumped when Leo and Vince suddenly exclaimed, looking up from the table and staring at the bird. "Wha...? Where'd it come from...?" He asked Leo, who pointed. The man he was referred to was rather dark, and even more shadowed considering Calver's dark, smoky atmosphere. But he definitely didn't look like the kind to come to a place like this. It was easier to consider it a dive bar, a low-brow type of place where people usually came to forget their day and stay until they were literally pushed out the door before closing.

"That's... a little odd..." Cian said quietly. Vince looked at him questioningly. "I mean... people like that don't usually come in places like these..." He regarded the bird with wide eyes. It seemed to be staring right at him. "We do because it's easier for me to be around these people, but... I don't know... Maybe I'm just feeling a little strange because of this morning's... events."

He reached into his pocket, running his hand over the note. He couldn't understand it. Didn't want to think about it now. Leo and Vince turned their attention away from the bird when it was evident that it wouldn't do anything more than sit on the chair and discussed their plans over Cian. He had to agree with what they offered, or he'd decline everything they threw out as a possibility. Tomorrow there would be a party held as a celebration at Cian's home, which was actually his parents' before their death, and it would begin at six in the evening. But they wouldn't talk about who they had in mind to invite. It was frustrating, and Cian looked down, bending the spoon that had been in his coffee while it held itself in the air before his fingers.

Last edited by Tachigami; 01-31-2014 at 05:12 AM..

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 01-31-2014, 05:09 AM

Nick stayed until the trio left the bar, and looked over to Pus, who flew over to him instantly. He glared at the drunks that stared at him and left the suffocating room quickly. He moved to a nearby alley, which was littered with trash cans and dumpsters belonging to the bar and also the cafe next to it. He made sure no one was around before questioning his little spy.

"It would have been better if you took a less... suspicious form... Like a spider or a fly... Heck, even a cockroach in a place like that..." He spat at the ground, his saliva hissing like boiling water and disappearing instantly. "I hope you got the information we need."

"Oh yes. They'll be throwing a party tomorrow. Inviting a few people. Six in the evening at Cian's place."

Nick considered the new information, his hands shaking slightly. He wiped sweat from his brow, feeling suddenly exhausted. Even though he was a devil, his powers weren't fully fledged. He could only spend 12 hours in his human form, before becoming tired and losing his pleasing shape. Soon his skin would fall from his body and his true form would be revealed. And this wasn't a good place to become a horrifying monster.

"Oh, look at you! Not even powerful yet, can't even keep your form," the bird laughed, causing Nick to hit him until he took flight. Even though what the imp said was true, he hated to hear it coming from a weaker being. He closed his eyes and turned into a dark shadow, that fell through the earth and entered the demonic plain easily. At least he could go home and put his feet up. If he didn't run into his Master on the way there, that was.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:34 AM

Cian drove his friends home when they left the little dive, hands gripping the steering wheel a little tighter than they should. He was already feeling anxious about the people that would be there, about what his friends were planning. He stopped at Vince's highrise and both of them hopped out. "I'll catch a ride home later." Leo said at Cian's quizzical expression. "We're gonna have everything set up to arrive before everyone else!"

"I hope you go easy." Cian sighed, shaking his head.

"Sure, sure, go easy. See you soon!" Vince closed his door, and Cian carefully pulled back into the road. His home was away from the city, through a wall of trees that seemed to separate reality from some strange surreal fantasy, where silence reigned and a wide lake glimmered in sunlight, and thick willow trees gave a somber appearance to the otherwise happy scene. Dark, thick flowers with heavy scent dotted the areas within sight, and the street became a single-lane road, moving from concrete to paving stone. He passed through the gates and looked up at the home. Most of the windows were dark, except one. He kept that small light on, perched in the window. He missed his immediate family and remembered them that way.

Getting out of his vehicle, Cian pocketed his keys and waved a hand at the double doors he approached. They opened immediately, and when he passed through, they closed. With a snap the lights in his presence came on, and continued to do so, dimming when he left and walked from room to room, going upstairs, then upstairs again. The fourth floor, considered an attic, actually held his extensive gem collection. They were all under glass, nestled into their light beige pillows. They were all a uniform size---twelve carats, and under their dim white lights they shone brilliantly. However, there were a few blank places. Perhaps now he could finish his collection. But he was thinking about moving to his uncle's home. It was larger, perhaps, but he had seen the grounds. Much larger than what he had, with a beautiful lake even deeper than the one here, and a hedge maze he could wander into, get lost in thought.

He sighed, going downstairs to the basement, where his workshop was. Gold, silver, platinum, jewels that would be set into their places to make rings necklaces, bracelets, or anything that might come from someone who put in an order for a specific creation. He sat at his bench, cradling his head and sighing. Soon he would have to socialize, and he so hated it. But Vince and Leo were trying to get him to branch out. Be friendly. He had to try, at least.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 01-31-2014, 06:13 AM

Nick shed his human form as he entered the gates of the demonic plain, knowing what other demons thought of those that liked to stay in human skin. His face was a skull of a deer and he walked on two hoofed feet. Large black feathery wings sprouted on his shoulders, that were so big they trailed on the hot sandy ground as he walked. He passed several other demons, some on their way to work on the earth plain, others returning home like he was. As he passed them, they seemed to edge away from him, as though afraid. He remembered the time when he was a simple demon, working in the lower sections of Hell, torturing souls. He had been wary of any devil that passed through, especially those with great power.

As if summoned by his musings, a small spider-like imp scuttled over to him, its many orange eyes glistening with malice. Nick's heart sunk, or whatever was left of a heart. "What do you want, Doran?" he asked the imp, knowing that it was a messenger of his Master.

"Master wants to talk to you. He's at Magma Cavern," the imp cackled, scuttling away as quickly as he had come. Nick sighed, changing the direction of his long lumbering stroll. Magma Cavern was a small bar, where devils liked to go to unwind from their jobs. It was known for their famous drinks, ones that smoked in the gold chalices they were served in and would melt a human's insides if one tried to drink it. It also was the home of a few incubi and succubi, if one was so inclined to spend their time with them. Nick arrived there after a short while, time having no reason to exist in Hell. He scanned the small crowd and quickly spotted his Master, the one he was an apprentice for. Soon he would do the devil's job and he would be promoted further.

The devil was at a table, the bottom half of his body that of a monstrous spider. His many legs twitched impatiently as Nick approached, keeping his wings off the ground so they wouldn't be trodden on. He pulled up a seat next to the devil and look right at its many eyes, ignoring Doran, who was skittering around the table and looking eager. "What do you call me for, Master?"

"So you have killed Balazahar?" the devil spoke, his voice cold and scratchy, like the wind on a dark winter's night. "You have his soul for me, I hope?"

Nick nodded and reached under his skull, to where his mouth was and pulled out a small vial which contained a shimmering light. "It's right here," he replied, handing it to the older devil.

"Good... And Cian's is the last?" his Master asked him, giving the vial to Doran, who dashed away, out of the bar. Nick watched him go.

"Yes, and I shall have his for you very soon. I just need one more earth day," he answered. His Master nodded, the large pincers in his mouth working as though he was lost in thought. "And I need... More power... Just a bit more... I need to be able to retain my human form for 24 hours, at least."

The devil glared back at him and spat acid onto the table, which ate through the wood-like material it was made of. "How dare you ask me for more power. You are lucky with what you have. I gave you a handsome body to have, after you begged me for it. Anyone would think you like being human. What are you? A whore?" The devil shook his head and laughed slightly, his trunk-like arm grasping a huge mug that sat on the table in front of him. He brought it up to his mouth and guzzled it, slurping disgustingly. "No, 12 hours is good enough."

Nick sighed, but said nothing. It wasn't like he liked being human. The creatures were incredibly weak and stupid, but he did like looking handsome. But what demon didn't? Lust and pride were two deadly sins and so was vanity. "May I go then? I am exhausted."

The devil waved an arm, dismissing Nick while drinking noisily. He was glad to leave and went straight to his home, a single room built out of gold and silver, the carpet blood red velvet, which matched his eyes. He found his bed and laid down, glad to be able to rest, even if it only felt like a few seconds in the earth plain.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 01-31-2014, 06:38 AM

Cian loved the silence of his workshop. There he could work on anything he wanted and not have to bother with the world outside. There were small windows that allowed light in, but that was dying now. Evening was coming, and he didn't feel any different than he had just yesterday. Yesterday, his famous uncle was still alive. Yesterday he was doing the same thing he was now. Yesterday he was content, but yearning for a finished collection. He sighed, pulling his hand through the air. Tiny shavings of gold followed, knitting together on another, flat piece of gold. He could create the most intricate, most beautiful things in just a little time, letting them come together while he watched, his hands directing the gold through the air and tiny sparks melting and connecting the gold to its base. The settings every other inch down the necklace held morganite, a gemstone in the same family as the emerald but a pale pink. The hanging setting, in the form of a pear-cut, would hold a rubellite tourmaline.

He rested his chin in his other hand, watching the creation come to be in the air before his eyes. He still loved to see everything function, and his mind had to be focused. Magic was a tricky thing, he learned that early on. He needed absolute focus to control so many tiny, active pieces of metal, and igniting fire to seal one bit to another while controlling the rest had taken a good year to perfect.

Cian was glad to see it finished, and reached out, grasping the fastenings and holding it up to the light. The morganite glistened, and the vivid pinkish-red tourmaline shone brilliantly. Smiling a little, he stood and went across the room settling it into its box. It would be sent out just that evening. Sighing, Cian turned and went back up the stairs in time to hear the phone ringing. He hurried, running to his upstairs office and looking at the caller ID before answering. Cian rarely answered the phone, feeling self conscious when he did unless it was someone he knew. The name was of one he knew well: Vince. He bit his lip, sitting and picking up the phone.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 02-05-2014, 11:51 PM

Unbeknownst to the magical jeweller, he was being closely watched by a small, black spider that sat on the ceiling. Even though Pus wasn't instructed by Nick to spy on Cian, he did so anyway, knowing that whatever information he could find out about the man could help the devil, and also help his true Master. Besides, spying was what Pus did best, even better than his brother; Doran. It was getting late and all Cian seemed to be interested in was creating gem encrusted jewellery, which Pus thought was strange. This boy never wanted to show of his magical powers like the rest of his family. He was extremely introverted and disliked going out. If Pus had just run into a large fortune, he would had been out partying with his buddies, maybe even visit some strip clubs. Perhaps humans were even more strange than he thought.

The phone rung upstairs, which seemed to bring Cian out of what ever lost thoughts he was in. He got up to go answer it and Pus acted quickly. He changed into a black mist and seeped through the wooden ceiling, finding the phone cables in the wall and entering them, following them up to the phone, where he stayed in the receiver. Now he would be able to hear whatever they would talk about.

Cian picked up the phone before checking to see if he knew the caller. As he answered it, a familiar male voice spoke from the other end. "Hey, just checking up on ya," Vince replied, sounding as though he may have had a few to drink. Pus wondered if Cian would notice. This human sounded almost the same drunk as he did sober. "Make sure you haven't chickened out on us.''

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 02-17-2014, 07:05 AM

Cian rolled his eyes, and couldn't help but sigh at the way Vince sounded. "No..." He muttered, and shook his head. "I wish you'd wait for later to go celebrating, Vince, you get a little crazy..."

"Not as crazy as you!" Vince laughed. "Should I remind you about that time you had just one shot of tequila and then you downed half the bottle---"

"Okay, Vince..."

"And then you went over the bar and grabbed two bottles of rum and started drinking right out of them---"

"Yeah, yeah, I get it---"

"Then you grabbed the nearest guy and started undoing his pants---"

"Stop! No no no no, stop, I've heard enough!" Cian jumped up, but knew he couldn't hang up. Vince was laughing, and Cian could have managed a good glare were the man in front of him. "God... Are you sure you won't go inviting a huge amount of people?"

"Sure, sure, just a few dozen..."

"Viiiince..."

"Come on, Cian, it'll be fine! I won't let you get crazy."

"You say that every time..." Cian picked up a bracelet from a display and studied it. Blue and green gems in silver.

"Aw, come on..."

"Look... Just get Leo to help and... go with that." He sighed, and heard Vince snicker.

"Sure, sure. Hey, I'll call you later!"

"Not if you're planning on getting wasted!" Cian snapped, and hung up before Vince could reply. He sighed, flopping down in a chair nearby and covering his eyes.