maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 02-07-2014, 10:09 PM

Trinity grimaced as she righted herself. Yeah, she was okay. But the owner next to them didn't seem happy. She watched him walk off before reaching down to pick up her social studies book. Sighing, she turned to Aiden and nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine. I really liked the library. I saw it on the way here. Then that guy happened and..." she gestured at the lockers, "that happened."

Brushing a strand of hair back, she shrugged off the event and asked, "Don't think he will still be holding that grudge at lunch do you?"

Pandora's Box
Everyone's Favorite Sociopath

Old 02-07-2014, 10:33 PM

Aiden was relived that Trinity wasn't hurt. That wouldn't be very good for the first day. "Glad you like the school. And trust me when I say that it's one of the only quiet places in this school." He said. When she asked about the other guy, he shrugged. "He doesn't normally. Just give him a couple days. Besides, he owes me for letting him copy my homework once. So if he bugs you, just let me know." Then he laughed. "but, like all the guys in this school, he's a sucker for cute girls. So you shouldn't have any issues."

Wait, did he just call her cute? Again? He wasn't very good at hiding anything. Hopefully she would shrug it off. "Uh, ah, anyway. The cafeteria is kinda crazy at lunch. It may be hard to find a place to sit. If you want, I could show you where the other quiet place in this school is."

maidenroseheart

Old 02-08-2014, 12:16 AM

Glancing at him at the second reference to cute, Trinity felt somewhat flustered but pleased. It felt good to receive compliments. And he was so nice... surely he wasn't hitting on her... was he? Trinity bit her lip. He didn't know her, not really. Leave that for later though. "Um, yeah, quiet is good." Wondering at her reaction, she asked, "Meet here after class?"

Pandora's Box

Old 02-11-2014, 07:35 PM

"I, ah, uh, yeah. Meet you here." Aiden stuttered. He pulled his books close to his chest and went off to his class without another word. He was so flustered around Trinity now. Why couldn't he keep his big mouth shut? He felt weird after talking with her. Normally, he didn't get so strange around girls. What was different?

'Maybe she really does have mind control...' he thought.

((Poor Aiden, he's so weird around her now.))

maidenroseheart

Old 02-12-2014, 12:51 AM

((Haha, I love his reactions. I actually never had a guy act that way around me, so it is fun to play with my character a little bit as if she were me ^_^))

Grinning and waving, Trinity dismissed the stuttering. Assuming that Aiden was still recovering from her falling into him, she turned to head to class. As soon as she had her back turned, her grin faded. As soon as she was around the corner, she stopped walking and leaned a shoulder against the wall. Gingerly reaching up with a hand to feel her head, she detected a small bump where her head had hit the locker. Aiden had gotten the rest of her. Poor Aiden. He was having such a hard day because of her. She was going to have to make it up to him later.

Straightening up and gently feeling her head again as she started walking, Trinity forced the wince away and focused instead on her book. It was a neat social studies book. Wondering which area of history they would start in, she almost walked past the classroom. Pausing and leaning over to look in, Trinity looked and spotted a seat by the window. Perfect! Quickly walking in and towards that seat, she slid in and sat down. Looking out the window and pretending to look at the scenery, she connected to the nearest water line and allowed the waters' calm progress to ease the thumbing she was feeling in the back of her skull.

Pandora's Box

Old 02-26-2014, 01:10 AM

((Sorry I haven't responded yet, I've been trying to think of a good response. Is it okay if we just time-skip to lunch?))

maidenroseheart

Old 02-26-2014, 02:57 AM

((Yeah, that is fine. I'm always for time skips whenever you want them. Her headache is going to keep her from being able to evaluate or manipulate emotions. So she is a bit unstable in that department. It wouldn't take much her abilities to go out of control. In the same way, you could always have something happen too to cause an event. Feel free to manipulate my character being at or entering the scene if you want. If nothing else, post and I'll write something up ^_^)

Pandora's Box

Old 02-26-2014, 04:16 AM

(Okie dokie! *rubs hands together and snickers* Let's see what horrible situation we can put these two into....)

Aiden met up with Trinity at lunch and led her to what seemed like an endless stairwell. When they got to the top, a door stood in between them with big red letters that read 'Keep Out.' He pushed through them anyway, and stepped out into the bright light of day. As it turns out, it was the roof. Aiden put down his food, and stretched, enjoying the sunlight and not being cooped up in class.

"Man, I feel like I could just sprout wings and fly off, never coming back to stupid classes." He laid down on the flat roof, sighing as he waited to see how Trinity liked it. He felt relaxed, even after the day's events. All that had happened, and it was only noon. He sat up just long enough to grab a mystery meat sandwich from his lunch box.

maidenroseheart

Old 02-27-2014, 01:33 AM

Setting down her backpack and looking around admiringly, Trinity let the cool breeze push back her hair. It helped relieve the headache that had developed, but only a little. Still, she was determined to enjoy herself. "Actually, I rather like classes. It is fun to learn new things." But no one else her age thought that, she realized belatedly. It was having such a nice water system in the school that kept her so alert and allowed her to process information so easily. Shrugging her shoulders, she walked to the edge of the roof.

"This is a nice view." Turning she grinned over at Aiden. "How did you find this place? Go looking for doors that say to keep out?" Walking back over, she sat down and pulled open her backpack. There was a nice lunch inside that her mom had packed before leaving that morning. And she intended to enjoy it. There was extra of everything in case she made several friends and wanted to share.

Pandora's Box

Old 03-05-2014, 01:29 AM

Aiden let out a small sigh. "Yeah, I guess learning new stuff is cool, but there has to be a more.." he paused, "effective, way of learning. One that doesn't involve wedgies and early mornings." He thought for a minute before adding, "I learn more during an all-nighter before a test than I learn the whole week." He took a bite of his sandwich, gagged, and put it back in his lunchbox. He pulled out an applesauce container instead.

"That's why I love it here, the view is amazing." Aiden laughed at her question. "Yeah, sure, that's exactly what I did. I just love looking for trouble." He said, a hint of sarcasm in his tone. "Actually, an old friend showed me this place. But he graduated already. So I have it all to myself."

"Unless you wanted to go looking for doors marked Keep Out?"

maidenroseheart

Old 03-05-2014, 02:20 PM

Giggling at the idea of them dressed in black and snooping around the school like spies in search of forbidden doors, she offered a compromise, "How about we just stick with this one door. I like this roof area." Tilting her head towards Aiden's sandwich, she asked, "But I get the feeling you don't like your sandwich. I have extra food. My mom always packs a picnic in hopes I make friends. Want some?" Trinity pulled out an extra sandwich and extra bowl of soup with a spoon and offers them to him.

Pandora's Box

Old 03-05-2014, 11:59 PM

Aiden liked Trinity's giggle. He felt good that he could make her laugh. Anything to make her first day better. "Aw, where's your rebel side?" he teased. "What gave you the idea I didn't like.." he paused and glanced at his lunch box, "mystery meat... Yeah, I'll take that extra food." He said, accepting the food she offered. "Thanks, I can't focus on an empty stomach." He munched on the much tastier sandwich she gave him.

A bird flew by overhead, and Aiden started to wonder. "Hey, so uh, do you believe in superpowers?" he asked.

maidenroseheart

Old 03-07-2014, 01:01 AM

She froze. Trinity couldn't help it. It was her big secret. And her headache kept her from sensing his emotions or keeping herself controlled. So that he would ask... had she messed up somewhere? Did he see something that caused him to be suspicious? Trinity wanted nothing more than to insist that superpowers were impossible, but if she did that then he might suspect. Face pale, she tried to think of something to say.

Trinity slowly responded, "Well, people think the moon landing was hollywood. And it isn't. So I guess if you want think that some hero movies are real, I wouldn't be able to argue with you." Heart pounding, she tried to nonchalantly take another bite of her sandwich. Unbeknownst to her, her headache had indeed let her powers slip. Mere seconds earlier, all the drinking fountains in the school burst sending water spraying everywhere.

Pandora's Box

Old 03-07-2014, 01:23 AM

Aiden frowned. "That's not really what I meant.." he said quietly. He took a bite before continuing. "I was thinking more of, telekinesis, or being able to talk to animals. Do you think that maybe people in the world can really do that?" He looked up at the sky. "I mean, there are billions of people on this planet, maybe someone, somewhere can actually do the impossible." He paused for a second. "I just wonder if there are any people like that in this town."

He laughed and rubbed the back of his head. "Sorry, I kind of went on a rant there, don't mind me." he ate more of the food she gave him. "This is delicious, did you make it?"

maidenroseheart

Old 03-07-2014, 01:53 AM

His continued thoughts increased her uneasiness. More of her ability escaped, flooding the boy's bathrooms as the toilets broke. A passing janitor immediately put water fountains and boy's bathrooms together as a prank by a group of boys. Up on the roof, Trinity shrugged, "My mom is the cook in my family. Thank you though. I'll pass the compliment on to her."

Finishing up her food, she suggested, "Well, statistically according to evolution, almost anything is possible. Your rant is food for thought, but I wouldn't know what to think on the subject." Trying to not choke, she hesitantly asked, "What brought this up?"

Pandora's Box

Old 03-17-2014, 12:26 AM

"She'll have to cook for me again sometime!" he said happily. But he almost choked as well, when she brought up why he asked. "I..uh.. I just...do you hear something?" Indeed, he could hear the sound of rushing water. Although, to be honest, it was faint and impossible for the human ear to hear. "We should go check it out, not to mention it's probably almost time for class again." Before she could ask again, he hopped up, and held out his hand to help her up as well.

maidenroseheart

Old 03-19-2014, 12:23 AM

Trinity accepted his hand shyly and stood. Aiden was quite the gentleman and she found herself warming at that thought. Forcing it away to mull over later, she quickly stuffed the lunch bag full and pushed it into her book bag. "I don't hear anything, what do you hear? Are you that eager for class?" She already had her favorite class, history, so now she would have to muddle through the rest of the day like everyone else. The thought of PE with her headache was enough to give her a bit of a panic again. The pipes under the gym burst and the sprinklers out on the field turned on. Unaware that she had not controlled her feelings properly, she joined Aiden as they walked to the door and headed downstairs.

Pandora's Box

Old 03-27-2014, 04:47 PM

Aiden pouted. "I'm not excited for class." He fussed. "I really hear something. Can't you hear it?" Curse his heightened sense of hearing. He probably looked like a freak, imagining sounds. "Kind sounds like running water. I'm not sure." Why would there be running water in the school? It couldn't be.

"Never mind, I must be imagining it." He opened the door to head back down the stairs. "On the other hand...maybe I'll stay up here and skip my next class." He joked before heading down.

maidenroseheart

Old 03-27-2014, 09:24 PM

Following hesitantly behind, Trinity suddenly had a horrible foreboding. Running.... water...? Curse her headache! She couldn't tell what was going on. Reaching the bottom of the stairs, the only thing that could come close to describing the scene before them was chaos.

The water fountain close to them was busted with twisted metal and cracked plastic curved away as water gushed out. The hallway further on had a large puddle of water creeping towards the common area. A group of boys who were notorious for the pranks stood in disbelief as the principal alternated between threatening and pleading for explanations.

A gym teacher came running onto the scene, slipped and fell in the water, groaned, and stood up. "Principal, the gym is completely destroyed. The pipes going under it wrecked the floor."

The coach for the sports teams ran in, "Principal, we can't move PE out to the fields. The sprinkler system turned on and soaked the ground into mud before we could get them turned off."

Sighing, the principal looked at the boys, "I suppose you alone couldn't do this. Not all of this all at the same time. Still, can't be bad luck..."

Trinity slowly said, "Well, I guess I get out of PE."

Pandora's Box

Old 03-30-2014, 12:53 AM

Aiden couldn't say a word. His mouth hung open like an idiot for a few moments. Trinity said something about not having to have PE. "What the hell?" he finally said. He rubbed his eyes and scanned the scene, thinking about what the teachers had said. "I...I told you there was running water." he teased, giving her a light punch in the shoulder. "If they don't cancel school after all this, then they are blind." He commented while walking away from the busted water fountain. "Although.. I wonder what caused all this. I guess ghosts hate school."

maidenroseheart

Old 03-30-2014, 06:52 PM

She took the light punch with a smile and followed. She glanced back at the fountain saying, "Somehow I doubt ghosts did this." Her feet suddenly felt cold. Looking down startled, she saw that water was drifting lazily over her feet. She hadn't even noticed. Fear filled her. To not know where water was and what it was doing... that was new. And it scared her. She had no idea how widespread the damage was or what else might happen. Looking up, she saw other students already ditching school. Few would stick around. Realizing it was her emotions that probably triggered these problems in the first place, she hesitantly begged, "Aiden, get me out of here." It was a struggle to fight down the panic she felt building.

Pandora's Box

Old 04-14-2014, 06:16 PM

It wasn't until Trinity was begging to leave when Aiden noticed just how worried she was. She was looking at her feet. Was she afraid of water? Whatever her problem was, she needed to leave. "I guess we really are gonna ditch. Let's go." He took her hand and led her to the fastest way to leave the school. They came across a few other students with the same idea. One of them was soaked from head to toe. "Looks like someone got in a splash zone." he pointed out. The kid scowled at him and ran off ahead. "You alright, Trinity?" He pushed open the door, and sunlight poured in on the broken school.

maidenroseheart

Old 04-15-2014, 12:28 AM

Glancing between the kids beating a retreat and the school behind them, she felt her spirits sag. "Erm, not really. Have had a headache, and all that back there just really made it worse." Not to mention it was all her fault in the first place. What was done was done though. Hopefully Aiden would not put headache and strange water incidents together. Who would?

Attempting a weak grin, she suggested, "Ice cream? They can cause headaches too but at least we would enjoy those ones a little bit more. Besides, then you could say handsome you went on a date with gorgeous me." It was horrid attempts like this at flirting that made life awkward. But she was trying.

Pandora's Box

Old 04-20-2014, 07:02 PM

Aiden grinned. "Ice cream headaches are totally worth it." He let out a laugh at her attempted flirting. "Well, if I were to say I went on a date with you, I might end up with at least a black eye. I don't think I'd like that." He rubbed the back of his head. "I'm not on the best terms with most of the people here, and if I were to be considered to have gone on a date with you on the first day....." he trailed off.

"So! Ice cream!" He led Trinity to a nearby strip mall, which included a hole-in-the-wall restaurant. "This place has the best food ever, and ice cream too. It's also decorated like the 50s." He explained.

maidenroseheart

Old 04-22-2014, 12:18 AM

Laughing, she let him led her on. It was a quaint little mall with all kinds of bustle and activity. The place had an atmosphere of energy and yet also relaxation. Stepping inside, she saw what he meant by 50s. Even the music matched. Clapping her hands together happily, she exclaimed, "Wonderful." Grinning over at him, she suggested, "I'll get us a booth if you get the ice cream." Also, she wanted to watch him. Figure out what he meant by no one really liking him. It baffled her and was a mystery. He was a nice guy. So as an afterthought, she added with a wink, "And if you do get a black eye in the process, we can use makeup to hide it."