SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 07-16-2014, 01:01 PM

"Why. Why. Why," Aiden muttered to himself as he winced and rubbed the back of his neck. He understood curiosity and trying to be friendly, but sometimes the twins just took things too far! They had embarrassed him on numerous occasions, despite the fact that Aiden liked to pride himself on being someone who didn't embarrass easily. Perhaps family members didn't count. But, Aiden relaxed a little when he saw that Selene was being calm and unaffected. He shot a glare at the girls, but they didn't seem to notice, as usual.

"Well," began Ella thoughtfully,"I dunno what I'd say, actually. We only just met, so we'll see! She's got pretty hair, though, doesn't she?" She turned to Lily, who looked at Selene's hair as if examining it."Oh yes," said Lily immediately,"Very pretty. I want to dye my hair, but I'm not sure about a colour..." She trailed off, probably going through various hair shades in hair head. Aiden prayed silently.

Ella continued to nod and grin, but it was soon wiped off of her face and replaced with a slightly sheepish look."Oh.. uh.. it isn't, but everyone calls me Ella so-"

"Eleanor," cut in Lily nonchalantly.

Ella turned red and clenched her fists."Oh, shut up, Lilian!" she hollered, but Lily was unaffected. "What? It's not my fault that you don't like your name. She hates her name. I think it's lovely."
"It's old!"
"Imagine how well it'll fit when you get old, then!"
"I'm hungry! Let's go eat!" Both the glaring girls turned their heads towards their older brother who had shouted out so unexpectedly. Before they could say anything, Aiden practically ushered them inside and motioned for Selene to follow. Who knows for how long they would have stood there if he had allowed the argument to go on. Aiden didn't want to stand out there for another second not only because he was eager to see what else was in store, but because he had gotten the strangest feeling on the porch. It was almost as if he was being watched and a cold shiver had crept up his spine. Aiden didn't understand the feeling, but didn't want to linger on the thought.

Ella and Lily had forgotten about the argument by the time they reached the the dining room. Lily pulled Selene into a chair while Ella ran off into the kitchen. Most likely to call their mother. Aiden wandered next to Selene slowly and whispered,"Sorry about that, but I did warn you." He glanced at Lily who had seated herself opposite Selene. "It doesn't get any worse, though"

No sooner had he said that did a young boy about 9 years old walk in carrying a bowl of potatoes. He looked at Selene nervously and then hurried over to place the bowl on the table. He was caught by a giggling Aiden before he could run off. "And this is Liam. He's just a bit shy around people at first. Liam, this is Selene."

Last edited by SuperZombiePotatoe; 07-16-2014 at 03:05 PM..

Cheshire_cat
*^_^*

Old 07-17-2014, 09:17 AM

Selene giggled at the two girls, "Hey, if you guys like my hair so much, maybe I can come over and we can do eachothers hair?" She smiled widely, she would try to be the big sister that she never had. She just hoped that she wasn't being overbearing.

"And I know some famous people named Eleanor." Selene added, touching Ella on the nose, "Perhaps I'll tell you all about them." She smiled.

"And Lilian, huh? Lillies are one of my favorite flowers." She added, looking in Lily's direction.

Then just as drastically as they confronted her, they bounded to the kitchen.

Selene could only chuckle and shrug, looking back to Aiden's face and her smile became wide, "Your sisters are adorable."

As the pair sat down, Selene giggled at what Aiden whispered in her ear, and then soft as he had whispered she whispered back, "Consider me warned." She winked. She hadn't run away, nor did she want to.

And when the next poor sibling came in, he tried to get away as fast as he could, but Aiden caught him, Selene could only slightly smile at Liam, in a way, he kind of reminded her of herself, when she was young anyways.

She slightly waved, showing with her posture that she understood, "Hey Liam. That's a powerful name. Always remember that." She said softly.

She felt safer in this room, filled with happiness, filled with light. There was no lingering feeling of being watched, no dreaded fear in the bottom of her stomach, only happiness.

And it only got better when she looked at Aiden.

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 07-17-2014, 10:29 AM

Aiden couldn't have been happier. Everything was going along smoother than he expected, not that he was complaining. Liam seemed to calm down a bit after Selene had spoken. Obviously what she had said interested him and Aiden sensed a bit of a connection them. More like an understanding of sorts. "Powerful?" Liam squeaked, looking up at Aiden and then back over to Selene,"Really?" Aiden couldn't help but giggle and he herded his little brother into the seat next to Selene and stood behind it. Liam looked at her wide eyed and expectant, yet still a bit reserved.

Soon Ella returned with two more bowls, one in each hand, and she set them down on the table before sitting down next to her twin. "Hey, the munchkin isn't being shy!" No sooner than she said that did Liam seem to curl up in the chair. Aiden shook his head at Ella, but it was Lilly who saved the day. "Selene said she would do our hair! What do you think, should I do blue or green? Oh, and she likes my name better." She smiled mischievously at Ella, who's red hue returned at once.
"Oh great, here go again," said Aiden looking towards the ceiling. But, the look he got from Selene seemed to make everything meaningless. She looked perfectly comfortable and that's all Aiden wanted to do, make her happy. he leaned in and murmured,"Adorable, yes, but not as much as you"

"Nu-uh," retorted Ella, a dangerous glare in her eyes,"She said she knows about famous Eleanors!"
"Yeah, but she said lillies are her favourite flowers."
"That doesn't mean she likes yours!"
"How do you know what she means?"

Before the second argument could escalate, the kitchen door opened and in stepped a woman who could only be their mother. She was a mirror image of Aiden except for a feminine look and a few lines, but it was kind and war. Although now it was decorated with a slight frown. "Fighting again, girls," she stated with a slightly reprimanding tone, "Must you do this every second of the day? And especially when we have a guest." That was enough to silence both of the girls and Aiden breathed a sigh of relief. or was it a sigh of worry? He really couldn't tell, but all he knew was that this was one of two big moments. He desperately wanted his parents to like Selene and since his father wasn't at home his mother would be the first test. He mentally crossed his fingers as his mother's gaze fell on Selene. He relaxed a bit when she smile, though.

"Well," she said in her pleasant accent,"You must be the young lady Aiden was gushing over. I'm Caitlin, it's nice to meet you!" She held out her hand towards Selene and grinned. Aiden felt a flush creeping over his face and laughed nervously. When did he he gush?

Last edited by SuperZombiePotatoe; 07-17-2014 at 11:03 AM..

Cheshire_cat
*^_^*

Old 07-17-2014, 11:35 AM

Selene was about to start interaction with the three siblings when a beautiful woman stepped into the kitchen. She was absolutely beautiful. Selene pictured that this woman was mother nature. No doubt about it. She was an older and a female mirror of Aiden, Selene was for a moment taken aback.

Then she realized that his mom was talking to her, "Gushing? About me?" Selene blushed lightly and gently took his mom's hand for a gentle handshake, "My name is Maya Selene Aldric, most people just call me Maya or Selene." She added, "Caitlin is a very pretty name, ma'am." She added, not forgetting her manners. "It's very nice to meet you. You have a very lovely house." Selene smiled, "Did you make some of these?" She asked pointing around to various parts. "I can see this house has been very taken care of." She smiled.

Love was poured into this house and love lived in this house. She really saw why Aiden enjoyed living here. His family was so vibrant, full of life, much like the sun.

Though, she wondered if his mom would think it weird that they just met and had skipped over so many steps before meeting the family.

But Selene didn't feel rushed at all! It felt very natural. His family was so nice, and varied. She could tell that she was welcome here and not treated with hostility.

She already felt apart of his family.

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 07-25-2014, 11:51 AM

Aiden instantly began sputtering with nervous laughter."Gushing?!... Heh," he said, rubbing furiously at the back of his neck,"Haha, gushing, she says! I wasn't gushing... exactly... maybe." But, noticing the grins on his siblings faces, even Liam's, Aiden let it rest there and sank slowly into the chair next to Selene's. He made a face at Ella.

"Selene," said Caitlin, with a warm smile,"What a beautiful name. Greek. The goddess of the moon." She looked thoughtfully at Selene, then side ways at Aiden. Then after a short while, in soft and strange tone, she said,"How fascinating."

Aiden had noticed it and was a bit puzzled. It sounded as if she knew something. What exactly that something was Aiden couldn't be sure of. But, it was something. Did it have to do with the instant bond between Selene and him? Or perhaps the strange feelings of being watched? Something big was going on, but he didn't want to alarm anyone. So the inevitable questions could wait... for now.

Caitlin patted Selene's hand and then let go, walked around the table to her seat where she stood. "Oh that's very sweet," she beamed," Being at here all day, well, it gives you enough time to see to the tiny things that one usually over looks. I work from home you see."
"Mum's a writer," piped in Ella, who was already heaping potatoes onto her plate.
"Mythology and folklore books," added Lily casually.
"Maybe you've read some?"
"That's what I thought."

Caitlin sighed as she dished peas and corn onto Liam's plate. "My girls. So rambunctious. So, how long have you and Aiden known each other? he's never mentioned you before today." Aiden looked up from his plate full-mouthed, swallowed and then smiled at Selene meekly.

Cheshire_cat
*^_^*

Old 07-25-2014, 12:35 PM

Selene's brain went on overdrive trying to figure out Caitlin's tone. 'Fascinating' wasn't the word for it. She had a feeling that Aiden's mother knew something but she had know idea what she could know. She was trying to piece everything together while staying in the present conversation at the same time.

Then, Ella piped up with how her mom was a writer.

Then, it all made sense, Caitlin Blythe was a beacon of light to Selene as a child and pre-teen. When she picked up her first book, her life seemed to make sense.

It was like the feeling that she got when she met Aiden. Her life made sense, her life was complete... Except for that gnawing feeling she got in the pit of her stomach that told her that monsters were waiting outside. Like... They couldn't come in because of what was in the house... Because of Caitlin.

This thought process solidified that Caitlin knew more than something.

"Sisters are bound to be rambunctious no matter the age." Selene chuckled, "I've been around a or two pair of siblings." She shrugged.

Her smile widened when she saw Aiden's look and she couldn't help but let out a small giggle.

"Well... We've known each other for," Selene looked at the clock hanging above the stove, "Probably about 3 or 4 hours?" She smiled and shrugged.

She wasn't about to LIE to a mother of four children. She was probably a pro at telling a lie from a fabrication, and lying never sat well with Selene.