Lexicon of Randomness
The Almighty Lexicon of Randomne...

Old 12-13-2010, 01:43 AM

Papillon soon was called up to be sorted. As any child would be, she was extremely nervous. She had no clue what house she would be in and from what she'd heard, they were all really good. At least Rai said positive things about them all, though she wasn't entirely too sure about Slytherin... they seemed to be different from the rest. She took a deep breath to calm her nerves and sat down on the stool, the Sorting Hat being placed on her head.

"How peculair... you are quite the interesting one, especially to be haunted by a poltergeist. You've gone through so much already yet you have such a cheerful attitude... you're too kind to be a Slytherin... and you do not seem to fit to be a Ravenclaw... it seems you'd be better off in..."
"HUFFLEPUFF!"
roared the Sorting Hat to everyone in the Great Hall. Applause erupted from the Hufflepuff table to get a new student in their house. She mentally heard Rai clap.

"Congrats Papi-chan. Exactly what I would expect from a happy-go-lucky person like yourself." the eerie butterfly echoed in her mind. He knew he didn't have to wait too long before he could finally let himself from this form so he could be visible to everyone else. He was rather excited to be back to the school he had been at for three months before his death anyway.

Papillon smiled happily, getting off the stool and going to the table to sit down among her new house. She had to admit, she was quite excited!

Desdamin
Radical Dreamer

Old 12-13-2010, 02:04 AM

Gil followed the rest of the Hufflepuffs to their table in the GREAT HALL OF FEASTS!!!!!! Sitting besides one particularly starry-looking girl who seemed to be paying an inordinate amount of attention to a butterfly. He didn't share the same nervousness that most of the other students seemed to share. Not in the least. He was absolutely certain that he'd be just fine, and that within a very short period of time would be the talk of the school.

"Hello", he blasted at the butterfly girl. He spoke normally and with confidence, but with the volume of a man screaming in terror at a Boggart, "What's your name? My name Gil. Gil Geller. I'm from Canada! That's a cool looking butterfly. I like butterflies, but not too much. They're just not manly, after all."

There seemed to be some amount of pause in the bombardment of words... perhaps he was waiting for the girl's response...

((I have no idea why I suddenly decided to yell about the great hall))

Lexicon of Randomness

Old 12-13-2010, 03:38 AM

Papillon looked startled for a moment at the sudden declaration of another Hufflepuff's name, opinion on butterflies and Rai, and where he was friend. She couldn't help but smile almost immeadietly though. She ignored Rai's yelling of anger at Gil as she replied.

"Bonjour! My name is Papillon. Papillon Dentelle! It's french for I am from France! I'm glad you think Rai is cool looking. He takes it offensive though that you said he wasn't manly. But that's ok! Don't mind him, he's just a grumpy guy~" the girl replied in her overly cheerful and a tad loud voice to Gil.

Desdamin
Radical Dreamer

Old 12-13-2010, 04:13 AM

Gil stood straight up, turned away and began laughing triumphantly, as if he'd just accomplished something great or perhaps told the world's funniest joke. Who or what he was laughing at may have been a mystery to even him. And then he abruptly stopped and turned back to his new friend and said in what he must have thought was a very intelligent and official sounding voice, "I like you. You talk with vigor. It's very manly and I like manly things. Additionally, I think that Huff-and-Puff is probably the manliest of all the houses, filled with pomp and circumstance. In addendum, the badger is tough and gritty, like a cowboy. To conclude, your butterfly is one of the manliest I've seen. You should be proud."

DeViAnT01
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-16-2010, 01:41 AM

The feast had begun. Drake stuffed his face, chatting with the people amongst his table between bites. Soon he was stuffed, and had followed his house to the 7th floor. The stairs had made him nervous, seems they always moved. They were stopped in front of a portrait of a fat lady who was gazing into a hand mirror.
"Ah, first years", she said smiling, "Welcome to Hogwarts. As you may or may not know, the entrance to your common room is found behind me but you need a password to enter."
Our head of house said, "Quid Agis", and the portrait swung open revealing a doorway. Inside the common room, Drake had found home. Deep red tapestry among the walls, a notice board, and some bean bags and cushioned furniture scattered around the room gave the place a sense of comfort. A crackling fire, within a grand fireplace, gave warmth to the room. A candle gave the room a smell of 'Pumpkin Spice' and 'Hazel Nut'. There was a bookcase filled with books, and a desk placed against a wide window. Two doors led up to the dorms. The atmosphere of this room, along with the stress of today, made Drake's eyes start to droop. The head of house told us that we were free to roam about the common room, but nowhere else.
Drake entered the dorm, and found his trunk was waiting for him. Zeus was sitting on the window ledge along with a couple other owls. He changed into his night clothes, and was told to hang his outfit on the rail by the heater. They said that the heater was charmed to automatically clean your clothes. Drake didn't ask, he just wanted to go to bed. Climbing in his four poster, he drew his curtains around him and lost himself under the covers. Soon he was asleep....

Zzz....Zzz.....

potterfangirl13
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-16-2010, 05:23 PM

Liy had walked down with the slytherins to their room. When she got in she headed straight upstairs, the room smelled like it allways did, fresh sheets and soap. Shaking her head she climbed into bed to lay down.

Nai-So anxiosly walked with the other Ravenclaws to their room. She looked around with wide eyes as they awnsered the riddle and were let into their common room. walking to the bed room she inhailed the smell of chocolate and strawberrys. Smilling deeply she laid down for a nap.

Q U E E N
spooky scary skeletons
Send a message via AIM to Q U E E N

Old 12-17-2010, 05:48 AM

"Ow. Stop stepping on my toes, brotherrr." They were in the Slytherin common room, checking it out. "Kay kay, Kimmi. Im'ma go check out that girl over there." He pointed to a blonde (NPC) standing on the other side of the room. Kimmi sighed. Her brother was going to have to learn something about going up to random people and hitting on them.

Before, at Kimmi and Kole's sorting.

Kimmi stepped up the stairs with her nose in the air, and sat on the stool. The hat was placed far above her head, and it had said, "SLYTHERIN!! My, you just have an air of a slytherin." Then, Kole had jumped up onto the stool, and the hat was placed on his head, making him look quiet idiotic. Kimmi didn't even have to go through the humiliation of wearing a hat millions of people had worn before. "SLYTHERIN! SLYTHERIN! There's no way for you to go anywhere but SLYTHERIN!" The hat had shouted that into his ear, making him wince. By the time this year was over, he was going to need hearing aids.

potterfangirl13
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-17-2010, 11:57 PM

Liy smiled as the boy walked over to a girl. She cuckled and walked down from the common room. "Your brother is quite the player, isn't he?" She smiled at Kimmi.

Nai fell assleep and drifted deeply off to sleep

Lexicon of Randomness

Old 12-20-2010, 12:28 AM

(>> Wow, what a fast feast... the Headmaster didn't even get a chance to say anything... oh well! ^^ No reason to dwell in past posts. )

Papillon stared at her new friend, perhaps her first friend in a long time, for quite a while as she absorbed what he had said.
"Hm... I suppose you're right!" she finally nodded. Rai sighed. There was no way Papillon understood a word he said. Too many big words. She was a bit... simple-minded.
"Papillon, come on. You have to go to your Common Room. You too Gil.." the butterfly instructed, even though it only reached Papillon's ears in this from. Papillon felt a tug on her new robes, reinforcing what Rai told her to do. She stood up from her seat, offering her hand to Gil.
"Rai's right! Let's go to our Common Room, Miser Gil!" she smiled.

DeViAnT01
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-03-2011, 05:51 AM

The next morning, Drake found his schedule pinned to one of the posters on his bed.
1. Charms
2. Transfigurations
3. Flying
4. DDA
6. Potions
7. Astrology

Drake headed to the Great Hall for starters. Good breakfast for a good first day.