Actually A Girl.
Send a message via MSN to Detrunorm

Old 06-15-2010, 11:25 PM

x

'I want always to be a boy, and have fun.'

'You say so, but I think it is your biggest pretend.'

A Neverland Roleplay
By Detrunorm
Images from deviantart/photoshop, edited on picnik.
Thank you wikipedia for telling me about Neverland.
OOC/Profile Thread

Last edited by Detrunorm; 06-16-2010 at 03:36 PM..

Detrunorm
Actually A Girl.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:08 AM

N e v e r l a n d

'Forget them, Wendy. Forget them all. Come with me where you'll never - never - have to worry about grown-up things again.'
'Never is an awfully long time.'

Neverland. A storybook legend. Who would have thought it was real?

It has been many years since the legend Peter Pan left, finally moving on, but his story remains. The Lost Boys continually war with the Indians, and new Pirates remain on the Jolly Roger, just offshore. Fairies still inhabit their home of Pixie Hollow and the mermaids lounge in the Mermaids' Lagoon without a care in the world. Neverpeak Mountain still stands high above the rest of the lands at the centre of Neverland. The endless cycle continues on, peacefully.

The story of Neverland is beginning to be heard in the world again; whispers and tales from those who traveled there. Now, you have a choice. Do you leave for Neverland, or do you remain at home?

Last edited by Detrunorm; 06-16-2010 at 12:18 PM..

Detrunorm
Actually A Girl.

Old 06-16-2010, 12:40 AM

I n h a b i t a n t s

[IMGleft]http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg109/CinnyAviArt/THET_TEST__RULES_OF_ENGAGEMENT_by_T.jpg[/IMGleft] H u m a n s

● Those who traveled to Neverland.
● Forget their home life whilst in Neverland, and Neverland whilst at home.
● Often children.
● Can fly, with the help of Fairy Dust.
● Do not age in Neverland.
● Neverland appears differently to every child.
● Can choose their alliance.
● Often humans who have been 'forgotten' at home.

[IMGright]http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg109/CinnyAviArt/Fairy_by_Sugarock99.jpg[/IMGright]
F a i r i e s

● The primary magic users of Neverland.
● Allied to the Lost Boys and against the Pirates.
● 'When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces... and that was the beginning of fairies.'
● Live in Pixie Hollow, in the heart of Neverland.
● Mischievous and fun-loving.
● Miniature, although perhaps for the purposes of the roleplay, they are able to use magic to enlarge themselves to human size.

[IMGleft]http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg109/CinnyAviArt/lostboys.jpg[/IMGleft] T h e L o s t B o y s

● Or girls.
● Flown to Neverland by the fairies using fairy dust.
● Reside in tree houses and caves.
● Live for adventure.
● Make war with the Pirates.
● 'Children who fall out of their prams when the nurse is not looking. If they are not claimed in seven days, they are sent to the Neverland.'
● Often capture Redskins, only to release them, as though it were a game.

[IMGright]http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg109/CinnyAviArt/Tigerlily_by_choas_overlord_joe1.jpg[/IMGright]
R e d s k i n s

● A tribe of wigwam-dwelling American Indians who reside in Neverland.
● Refer to themselves as Redskins, sometimes called the Piccaninny Tribe.
● Led by a Tribal Chief.
● Make war with the Pirates.
● Know Neverland better than anyone.
● It is speculated that they reached Neverland through shamanic rituals.
● Often capture Lost Boys, only to release them, as though it were a game.

[IMGleft]http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg109/CinnyAviArt/Captain-Hook-Royal-sickle.jpg[/IMGleft] P i r a t e s

● Adults.
● Reside offshore, on the Jolly Roger.
● Often bitter and unfriendly.
● Widely feared throughout Neverland.
● Led by the Captain.
● It is unclear how they came to be in Neverland.
● Think only for themselves, making and breaking alliances quickly.

[IMGright]http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg109/CinnyAviArt/mermaid-1.jpg[/IMGright]
M e r m a i d s

● Inhabit Mermaids' Lagoon.
● Malevolent towards most creatures and people in Neverland.
● 'Dark and dangerous creatures in touch with all things mysterious'.
● For the purposes of the roleplay, will have the ability to transform their tail into legs to leave water.
● Webbed feet, Asian look.
● Have always lived on Neverland; it is their home.
● Like the fairies, also magic users.

Last edited by Detrunorm; 06-16-2010 at 08:44 PM..

Detrunorm
Actually A Girl.

Old 06-16-2010, 02:35 PM

P r o f i l e S k e l e t o n s

PM them to me. Don't post until I accept. They're quick. No bio required. Perhaps we'll establish those later, but this is hopefully going to be a larger roleplay; people rarely read other profiles in those anyway.
Feel free to alter the profile skeleton a little; so long as you don't change it drastically. Just make it look good - each profile will be different because it's of a different person (and the profile has to fit around a picture, which is hard to write a skeleton for 'cause pictures change sizes.) Feel free to add more pictures etc.
No overly gothic pictures or anything. Redskins should have a Native American look, Mermaids should have an Asian look (although the latter can vary quite a bit).
Where it says racecolour: midnightblue for humans, darkred for redskins, sienna for lost boys, teal for mermaids, purple for pirates and darkorchid for fairies.

HTML Code:
[IMG]IMG HERE. Left, right or center, you choose. Pictures that are wider than they are long look best centered; if not, left or right. Align the text below as required. Preferably real pictures, unless you can't find one eg. for fairies and mermaids)[/IMG]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="4"][color=racecolour]My name is (insert name here)
I am a human/fairy/lostboy/pirate/mermaid/redskin.
I am (age in letters) years old. (Humans and lostboys should be 12-17, pirates older, redskins any age, mermaids and fairies any age)
I grew up in (insert country/neverland here).
I am (FIVE personality traits).
I like (FIVE likes).
I dislike (FIVE dislikes).
I'm scared of (AT LEAST ONE FEAR).
I came to Neverland because (REASON). (delete this line for lostboys/mermaids/redskins/fairies)
In case I forget, (Random extras)
[b]USERNAME HERE[/b][/color][/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited by Detrunorm; 06-17-2010 at 04:54 PM..

Detrunorm
Actually A Girl.

Old 06-16-2010, 03:13 PM

R u l e s

They won't be long, promise. Okay, firstly I'll go into literacy. Literacy is different to post length; please realise that. I expect words to be spelled correctly, no asterisks, speech marks for speech. Know the difference between there, their and they're. Always put spaces after punctuation. Simple, right? Good. Now, post length, I'll advise to give back what you receive. If you want to post one-liners, you do that, but don't expect those who are posting paragraphs to reply to you. I'll would hope for two paragraphs a post, maybe, depending on how much is going on. Please colour your posts, or just the speech, which can also be in bold, but up to you.

Roleplay as many characters as you like. Balance out the characters we already have; I want a variety of different genders and 'races', so I won't let people play characters that we have enough of. Create drama. Be friendly and chat in OOC. And that's about it.

Last edited by Detrunorm; 06-16-2010 at 05:10 PM..

Detrunorm
Actually A Girl.

Old 06-16-2010, 03:16 PM

A n n o u n c e m e n t s

20 / 06 / 10 - Yay, more people! Time to get started, maybe?
17 / 06 / 10 - Sad because only one person has joined my roleplay.
16 / 06 / 10 - IC thread finished, OOC thread finished. Roleplay opened! Yay.
15 / 06 / 10 - Started to set up the roleplay.

Last edited by Detrunorm; 06-20-2010 at 07:20 PM..

Detrunorm
Actually A Girl.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:24 PM

Okay, so let's get started. It's a normal morning in Neverland, everybody is just waking up. Unfortunately it's windy and a little stormy out at sea; the storm will come across Neverland soon. The Lost Boys have recently captured a Redskin so there's a small amount of friendly rivalry going on between the two groups as the Redskins attempt to reclaim the 'hostage'.

Detrunorm
Actually A Girl.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:35 PM

Jacob was quiet as the younger Redskins around him began to prepare themselves for a surprise attack on the Lost Boys. He was a little old for the attacks now; it was the youngsters that conducted those whilst the 'adults' watched in interest. Occasionally he would tag along for fun, with his friends, but otherwise he would remain with the tribe and carry out duties that needed doing: firewood collecting, food collecting, and the like. In Neverland, there was never a shortage of food or shelter, and they weren't things that anyone worried about, but they were still jobs that needed doing. Watching as the younger Redskins roared a battle cry and then began to sprint through the trees, Jacob turned, and began to walk towards the other end of camp. He smiled at the Tribal Leader, grabbed a sack, and then began to look for food.

A while later, he located some fruit trees near a river - obviously a more fertile area for wildlife. The Redskin climbed quickly up one of the trees, pulled a knife from his belt, and began to cut down branches of fruit. He dropped these in the sack he had brought, which he had tied to the tree to stop it from falling.

Goblin Maiden
SUPAH KITTEH HAPPEH POWAH.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:52 PM

"Where is he?" Nalia murmured to herself as she swam through the water, her gleaming fish tail propelling her forward with long, powerful strokes. "He has to be around here somewhere."

Pausing, she emerged from the water, sweeping soaking dark blue hair from her eyes as she turned her head this way and that to look around. Growling, she plunged back below the surface of the water after her search turned up nobody. Unless storm clouds counted. Which they did not, in the mermaid's book at least.

Swimming upriver was tiring work, as the flow of water was constantly against her. Her tail was beginning to feel sore, so she decided to pull herself up onto the riverbank for a breather. Jacob could wait, at least for a little--

Oh, wait. There he was! Nalia grinned as she finished hauling herself out of the river without bothering to transform her tail into bothersome human legs. Waving up at where the young Redskin man perched in a tree, she called out, "Jacob! It's Nalia!"

She continued to wear a wide, winning smile on her face. "Did you know that there's a storm coming? Well, there is," she went on without waiting to hear his reply. "You should come to the Lagoon with me and wait it out. Won't we make the perfect pair cuddling in that cave I found? All nice and dry. You could bring some blankets to keep us warm," she added, purposefully forgetting that she hated being out of water for too long.

Last edited by Goblin Maiden; 06-21-2010 at 01:20 AM..

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 06-21-2010, 12:45 AM

Meanwhile,
Zanner strolled into the tree-base which his fellow lost boys resided. There, he noticed the young redskin that had been captured. The sky was turning a gray-blue and clouds were bunching up. A soft sprinkle had tickled Zanner's nose. "Curious..." the young boy said, "this one doesn't seem to be putting up much of a fight". It was routine for the lost boys' lives to be in danger once a capture was made, but this redskin just sat there calm and composed.

After a scratch of the head, Zanner stepped through the bushes and walked fast down the dirt-hill. Three of his fellow companions were sitting at a table playing cards for berries and slingshot BBs. "Hey fellas!"

Only one of the boys looked up at Zanner and he had a stern face. "Zannah, can't yeh see we playen cahds? Now oi lost me cunsentration." The boy shook his head and picked through his cards to make double sure his hand was the one that would win the jackpot. The other two boys gestured, with their hands, for Zanner to go somewhere else for they were far too busy.

Zanner just stared them down with a blank face and then walked off to find someone else who would tell him a little more about their capture.

Detrunorm
Actually A Girl.

Old 06-26-2010, 03:46 PM

Jacob was about to drop out of the tree when he heard an all too familiar voice calling his name. He turned slowly, looking towards the river, scared that his eyes would confirm his ears. "Hey, Nalia..." Jacob tried not to pay her too much attention - that was what she wanted. He took longer than he normally would to untie the bag from the tree, hoping that he would be protected from the mermaid whilst he was up the tree, at least for a little while. While he pretended to concentrate on the knot, he replied to her. "Uh, thanks for the offer..." A moment's pause as he tried to think of a good excuse. "But the Lost Boys are giving us some trouble, I think I need to help the others get a hostage back later." Jacob hesitantly finished untying the knot before turning back to face her. "Perhaps another time?"

An Angels Rawr
An Angels Rawr

Old 07-06-2010, 11:14 PM

"Sarah Belle Johnson get up and do the laundry," Belle's step-mother bellowed. Little miss Sarah Belle Johnson was tired of hearing this old hag tell her what to do. She hated taking orders almost as much as she hated her first name. Sarah sounded just too plain. Belle, now that was a beautiful name.

Belle shut her eyes tight and wished for happiness. She remembered the stories her mother told her about a magical place. She missed the comfort her mother's imagination gave her. Belle sighed and stood from her bed, she coiuld've sworn she saw a flash of light zoom past her as she walked down stairs to the laundry room.

"Why did it take you so long?" the step-mother asked raising a hand, ready to slap the poor girl.

"Because I didn't feel like getting up so early to do your laundry," Belle mmumbled and cringed when the palm of her step-mother made contact with her cheek. Tears streamed down the poor girls face and wished her father had been there to see this act of cruelty. Surely he would've left the evil witch.

That's when the foot kicked belle when she was all ready down, knocking the wind out of her. Everything went dark for Belle except a tiny twinkle of light. Was she dying? She wasn't ready to die, she was only sixteen! 'Don't go towards the light,' Bella told herself, but it seemed as if the light was coming to her.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Belle awoke on a grassy hill and she didn't know where she was or where she had come from. Where was she? Somewhere, in the back of her head, Belle imagined this was Neverland. But could it be real?

Goblin Maiden
SUPAH KITTEH HAPPEH POWAH.

Old 07-06-2010, 11:35 PM

Nalia pouted her best full-lipped pout. "Oh, Jacob, you know that's no fun. Aren't you getting a little old for those games? Why don't you ever want to come spend some time with me?"

She flipped her dark blue hair over her shoulder as she said this, continuing to smile at him. Her cheeks were getting a little sore, but she chose to ignore it--Jacob was worth it, after all. That lean, Redskin body, that dark hair and eyes... The picture of perfection, at least in Nalia's mind.

Then a brilliant idea popped into her head. She grinned wider than ever. "I know! Why don't I come along and help you?" As she spoke, she heaved herself all the way out of the water, her fish tail blurring oddly as she did so. In a matter of seconds she sported not the tail, but a pair of svelte legs discreetly covered with a long, shimmering blue skirt. "You know I'm a fast runner--" even though she disliked running. "--and I don't get tired easily... that's the mermaid in me. I got that from my father." She winked at Jacob.

"Come on, what do you say?"

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 07-07-2010, 03:43 AM

OOC: You never specified if the captive redskin is male or female, so I just took a wild guess and made her female. If you intended for the captive to be a male, then I'll change it. Also, I may not entirely know what god-modding is but, tell me if I am. I just have very little to work with and my posts would be insanely short if I didn't speak for the other lost boys and, sort of, the captive. ^^;

The day was still young and Zanner, still, had not gotten any answers to his questions. Either a lost boy was too busy to talk, or another was out in the woods. "Aww man," Zanner said to himself, "this isn't getting me anywhere.” Eager to see the captive once more, Zanner peeked above the hilltop. The redskin captive was still sitting there, like a statue, without words or movement.

Zanner took a gulp to swallow his fear and hopped down from the hill and landed in front of the redskin girl. The impact did no real damage, but it threw the lost boy off balance and so he fell over. Embarrassed by his failed display, Zanner shot back up and dusted off his already-dirty clothes. Once Zanner shot a glance towards the captive, he met with her piercing gaze that seemed to be able to pierce a body if physically able. “What's your name?” Zanner said with a horrible bluff of confidence.

The girl said nothing to Zanner's annoyance.

Last edited by Chickie Nuggs; 07-07-2010 at 09:37 PM..

Detrunorm
Actually A Girl.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:31 PM

OOC: Haha, yes, that's fine. And the god-modding is also perfectly alright with NPCs; otherwise nothing would ever get moving. xD There's always an element of god-modding in literate RPs because without it it would be hard to make the posts a considerable length.

An Angels Rawr has joined, so hopefully Zanner and Belle can run into each other somehow. (:

Jacob sighed softly. He was climbing back down the tree now, with his back to Nalia, and his facial expression showed his thoughts. Yes, he was getting old for the games. It was a shame; he had always enjoyed them as a youngster. Now it seemed they had become repetitive. His face returned to it's usual friendly expression when Jacob's feet touched ground and he turned back to Nalia. "It's not that I don't want to spend time with you..." He looked a little awkward. "There's just other things to do." Jacob nodded. He moved towards his larger backpack and dropped the fruit bag into the larger one. This was when Nalia suggested going with him. He immediately declined; the tribe wouldn't thank Jacob for bringing an outsider, let alone a mermaid, into camp. They were renowned for their mysterious and dark magic. Jacob sighed, shaking his head as Nalia tried to reason with him. "No, no, no." He looked at her, and looked a little pained when he spoke next. "Look, maybe I can spend some time with you before they go. It can't be too long though. And I won't be going all the way out to the lagoon."

It was all he could do, really. At least he wouldn't be spending too long with Nalia if he said he had to get back to the tribe at a certain time. Not that time could really be measured on Neverland. Oh yes, time did pass, just much more slowly. He smiled a little at Nalia. Many people would have just refused her, but Jacob was much too kind-hearted for that. It often made him a little selfless, but not too much so. "Where would you like to go then?"

An Angels Rawr
An Angels Rawr

Old 07-08-2010, 03:47 PM

Belle Johnson began wandering through the lush, green forest. The trees around her were tall and offered shade from the sun. Belle looked into the sky and noticed how beautiful it was. It looked perfect and the weather felt wonderful. It wasn't too hot, or too cold, just right. Belle smiled and then began running through the woods, letting the wind take her hair and her dress fly around her.

Belle came to stop when she noticed a young boy, around the age thirteen, stood over a young girl. "What are you doing? Untie this poor girl," she ran towards the red skinned lady. She was very brave, not showing an ounce of worry.

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 07-08-2010, 04:18 PM

Zanner looked up and winced as a young girl approached the area through the forest. He looked at the native captive and then back at the girl. “And just who are you?” the boy asked. It didn't really matter who she was, and Zanner knew it, but he was curious to know since he hadn't seen a female in a long time.

The lost boy grabbed the top of his saggy pants and adjusted them upwards. “I aint untyin' nuttin,” Zanner replied, “This here is the Lost Boys' captive and we aint lettin her go without some fightin”. Zanner didn't like kidnapping people because the Pirates did it all the time, but this, in essence, was just a game to the Lost Boys. No one ever stayed captured for very long.

An Angels Rawr
An Angels Rawr

Old 07-09-2010, 01:29 AM

Belle stopped as the boy stood ground. She bit her bottom lip and her brow furrowed, "I'm Belle Johnson and I'm from London. I have no clue how I got here and I'd rather not fight with you."

Belle then backed away from the boy and towards a tree. She slid down and sat there, her head in her hands. "Can you please answer some questions of mine? You are the first person I've met all day. I feel like I've been walking around for hours, but the sun has not moved," she whimpered, confusing in her voice.
[/QUOTE]