Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in ex...

Old 06-17-2011, 05:20 AM

τεɱρτατɩοɳ

There exists unearthly objects within our reach, which bestow unimaginable power to their beholders.
Some whom desire these immortal instruments will carry out inhumane methods of obtaining them.
For those who have fallen into the temptation of these items, their own humanity become meaningless.
Some will stop at nothing to achieve their darkest desires.
Chaos ensues. War is raged. Blood is shed. Lives are lost.

Tell me, is it worth it?

Did desire blind you?

title | story | rules | skeletons | characters | first post

Last edited by Arc Angel; 06-17-2011 at 08:30 PM..

Arc Angel

Old 06-17-2011, 07:09 AM

§τοᴦʏ

History of the Immortal JewelX

It is said that the first mortal to obtain the Shikon no Gisei (Fang of Sacrifice), Lord Akihiko, did so by means of creating bloodshed to sacrifice to a female demon by the name of Hiromi. The desperate warlord, once a happy man, was at wit's end- his empire was crumbling under the strength of his enemies, his eldest and only son deserted him in order to keep an honorable name, and his only remaining friends and loyal followers were beginning to plot a take-over in order to secure their own safety. The only thing of value that Akihiko had left in the world was the love of his young, beautiful wife, Ayame. However, he chose to look past this, only falling deep into despair, and thus, becoming prey to the temptations that the immortal demoness, Hiromi, had spoken so sweetly to him of. She offered him power, glory, wealth, eternal youth... And the seemingly small price tag? Blood sacrifice.

Akihiko slaughtered countless citizens of his country that day, and when the sun came to set, he stole into his home, awaiting his award. That night the unknowing Hiromi appeared to him with a bone-white stone, his secret to curing his loss of hope and purpose. Immediately, without instruction from the demoness, foolish Lord Akihiko wished upon it. What did he wish for? Eternal youth. What blood sacrifice did the stone accept? The instantaneous slaughter of his loving wife, Ayame. The bone-white stone, a fang of the immortal Hiromi's, pulled itself straight out of Akihiko's hand and through his wife's heart, painting the newly born jewel red. Akihiko again fell into despair, pleading the glistening red jewel for his own life to be lost, but to no avail. Legend has it that the demoness Hiromi, after witnessing how foolishly Akihiko acted, stole the jewel away from the pitiful man and devoured him. She then proceeded to eat the jewel, wishing never to see such a thing again. The jewel, in its blood-tainted light, devoured both Hiromi and Akihiko, from within Hiromi's stomach.

The Jewel of Sacrifice has survived intact for hundreds of years since it was owned by Akihiko, slaughtering countless men and demons alike and devouring the souls of those who wish upon it wrongfully. However, an incident as of late has snagged the attention of every living creature on the continent: the jewel was broken.

It was split into over a hundred or so tiny shards, each of which containing a great amount of power, but none of which holding as much power as the jewel had when it was once a whole. The issue now is that with the abundance of power and the lack of control of its users, several problems have been caused in feudal Japan.

Have you yourself gotten a hold of a jewel shard, or is that what you're aiming on finding? What are your intentions with the abundance of power? Or, perhaps, you're one of those protecting the shards, fighting off those who seek to use their power. You may even be an innocent bystander between all of this madness, but that's for you to decide.

Last edited by Arc Angel; 06-17-2011 at 05:09 PM..

Arc Angel

Old 06-17-2011, 07:10 AM

ᴦᴜʟε§

1. This is my thread, what I say goes, and that is that.
2. I may add or remove rules as I see fit, but I will let you know beforehand.
3. This RP is set in feudal Japan. Don't break that time frame-- no such things as electricity, running water, etc.
4. No godmoding, and no, you may NOT have an insane amount of the jewel to yourself.
5. Each user may have up to three characters. All must be original.
6. PM me your character skeletons with the title: "Skadoosh".
7. Use "quotations" for dialogue and italics for thoughts.
8. Please try to be semi-literate. I'd love to see at least one meaty paragraph per post. Post at least once a week, or I'll assume you quit the RP. If you have to leave for a while, let me know.
9. If you can't abide by these, then you're out. It's that simple.

Last edited by Arc Angel; 06-12-2012 at 12:22 AM..

Arc Angel

Old 06-17-2011, 07:11 AM

§ҡεʟετοɳ§

HTML Code:
[color="your choice"][size=4]F u l l C h a r a c t e r N a m e H e r e .[/size]

[picture]

[SIZE="4"]Basic Information[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]ღ My given name is [full name], but you may call me [nickname].
ღ To be exact, I am only about [age] years old [if demon, put age their appear as well]. 
ღ I am a [female, male] of the [human, half demon, demon] race.
ღ I am a demon type or human job]. [Explain here].
ღ I stand at [number] feet and [number] inches tall and weigh [number] pounds.
ღ I have a(n) [adjective] body type.
ღ I prefer [males, females].

[size=4]In the Scheme of Things[/size]

ღ I posses [0-3] shard(s) of the sacred jewel. [If they posses at least one, explain how they got it here].
ღ [What are your characters intentions? Finding jewel shards, protecting jewel shards, killing demons with shards, avoiding conflict all together?]

[size=4]More About Me[/size]

ღ My general attitude is [explain].
ღ [Character bio goes here!]
ღ I have the ability to[list all abilities].
ღ For weapons, I carry[list all weapons they use].
ღ I adore:[list 3-5].
ღ I despise:[list 3-5].
[/SIZE]

[size=4]Y o u r U s e r n a m e H e r e .[/size]

Last edited by Arc Angel; 01-05-2012 at 06:06 AM..

Arc Angel

Old 06-17-2011, 07:11 AM

ᴄɧαᴦαᴄτεᴦ§

A i K o b a y a s h i .

Basic Information

ღ My given name is Ai Kobayashi, but you may call me Ai.
ღ To be exact, I am only about 200 years old (appears 17).
ღ I am a female of the demon race.
ღ I am a siren, a kind of water demon. My people typically dwell within bodies of water, though many of us may also take a human form in many instances. We are renowned to be the best swimmers of any region, and enjoy music thoroughly. Sirens pride themselves in their voices, and many use their singing to enchant humans, lure them into the water, and then drown them.
ღ I stand at 5 feet and 4 inches tall and weigh 110 pounds.
ღ I have a lean, but toned body type.
ღ I prefer males.

In the Scheme of Things

ღ I posses one shard of the sacred jewel. When the jewel was shattered, not only were shards scattered among the land, but also underwater. My father, ruler of the waters to the East, gave me one of the few shards in his collection as a gift.
ღ I do not necessarily intend to find the other shards, much the less fight over those remaining unclaimed. If I did happen to come upon another shard by chance, I wouldn't hesitate to take it, but I would refuse to fight anyone for it. I'm not that into fighting, and would only ever think of fighting over a shard if someone were to try taking mine. And that would be more my pride speaking than anything.

More About Me

ღ My general attitude is relaxed, warm, and friendly. I don't get along with everyone, but I will at least make an attempt to. I don't kill humans, nor demons, very often unless they attack me. I'm not fond of useless fighting, which is what I think of this whole jewel-shard-hunting business.
ღ I've been content with my life up until now. My parents didn't have much of an active role in my life, but they were around. The one person I do remember taking care of me growing up was a lesser demon they hired to take care of me, which wasn't half bad. From her, I learned my basic manners, what was expected of me, what abilities I had. Not a shabby childhood, to be honest.

After leaving my home waters, I've been keeping pretty much to the land. I can fit in decently with most of the humans on the continent, and have only ever killed a handful or so of them. What can I say? I just don't get along with some people. Even away from home, with the lack of merfolk walking around on land here, I still enjoy singing. I spend most of my day traveling by foot, humming little tunes, and stopping at little towns to look around. I have met a few friends, but they're never anything long term. At best, they'll remember me next time I stop by the village, but I never truly stick around anywhere long. Living on land among the humans sometimes makes me forget who and what I am. I sometimes forget that humans and sirens do not normally coexist so harmoniously, and when I let my race slip out of my mouth, I either have to end up fighting a small town full of frightened villagers or departing as quickly as possible. To be honest, that's why I'd never think of settling down among humans. I've also met other demons, of course, but most are far more blood-thirsty than I could've imagined, especially with the jewel shards being up for grabs. Protecting my own can be a hassle sometimes, but I suppose that's what I get for living on my own. I just hope this jewel shard craze blows over soon.
ღ I have the ability to swim at a speed superior to any given human, and breathing in both air and water is a breeze. I can keep three forms: my full-fledged demon form which looks rather like a deep blue sea-dragon, a mermaid form, where I am most comfortable, in which I grow a large fin where a human's feet would be and my torso is covered in deep blue scales, and a human form. Only few sirens can keep up a decent human form, but for me, I still have one problem with mine: gills. I have the darned three slits on my neck regardless of which form I take, so I cover them. I can control and create water to a certain extent, and I am also capable of enchanting humans to who my music draw in, though I would never do that. I do sing for humans from time to time, but I've never enhanced my voice with my ability for enchantment. That's just not right in my books.
ღ For weapons, I carry three blades. Two of which are twins, Hoshi and Hotaru. They are lengthy, slender swords made out of sirens' scales, which are comparable to the fangs many other demons carry. Their hilts are silver and wrapped in black leather strips to help with my grip. The third blade is a dagger that's about a foot long, and is rather wide. It is also made of sirens' scales, but the material is more dense, making it stronger than the other two blades, though it is only used as a backup.
ღ I adore: water, star-gazing, traveling to new places, and music.
ღ I despise: fire, bugs, mindless slaughter, and perverts.

x x x a r c x a n g e l x x x .

Last edited by Arc Angel; 06-17-2011 at 08:15 PM..

Arc Angel

Old 06-17-2011, 08:28 PM

The first post will be put here when we are ready to begin!

Arc Angel

Old 01-05-2012, 06:11 AM

Reserved for further use.

(Still looking for others to join!)