The PyroKittie
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to The PyroKittie Send a message via Yahoo to The PyroKittie

Old 02-15-2008, 07:34 PM

First off, if this is already been made a thread, I would like the link cause I couldn't find it on the first few pages that I clicked through. I do have a tendency to miss things, so please inform me if it's already posted.

So everyone, what did you get for Valentine's day?

I got three dozen roses (just about one of every natural color there is and a ton of red ones) and a minibox of chocolates.

Post to talk about Valentine's day in general, what you got, candy, and how the dreaded day went.

Despite all I got, I had a bad day. Two of those dozens were from my beloved girlfriend and the other dozen of roses and the chocolate came from a stalker at work that ended up pushing me too far and I almost cried because of how angry I got. So my V-day was ruined after that.

EDIT:

Here's a picture of the flowers my girlfriend got me:

Erathene
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-15-2008, 07:36 PM

I got the biggest bar of Cadbury's Dairy Milk chocolate I have ever seen.
And a rose ;3

EDIT: Aww your roses are pretty <33

sayuri_nitta
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to sayuri_nitta

Old 02-15-2008, 07:37 PM

Those are pretty flowers ^_^

I got nothing for Valentine's Day, my fiance was in Scotland >_<;

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Leona of the Zodiac

Old 02-15-2008, 07:37 PM

Myself, I got a bag of my favorite chocolate of all: lindt's truffles. This was the milk chocolate kind too, the kind that totally gets eaten within five minutes. ><;

Sagitar
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-15-2008, 07:40 PM

I got nothing 8)

butterscotch
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-15-2008, 07:40 PM

Wayy too much chocolate, I made the mistake of telling people I like Hershey Kisses and I ended up getting tons of them AND two of the giant ones. I don't like them THAT much. D:

I also got two new Webkinz. :lol:

The PyroKittie
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to The PyroKittie Send a message via Yahoo to The PyroKittie

Old 02-15-2008, 07:43 PM

@Erathene: I love those things. ^_^

@sayuri_nitta: My girlfriend is currently pretty far away, not in Scotland, but still far. She ordered them online for me and had them delivered.

@Leona of the Zodiac: Those don't last very long with anyone. >.<

@Sagitar: Not even a silly little V-day card? V_V

@fevertofuture: Heh. They got them for you so they can steal them later on. *nodnod*

nagon
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-15-2008, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagitar
I got nothing 8)
Me neither 8)

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-15-2008, 07:44 PM

@Sagitar: Nothing? *Blinkus? Not even from family?

@pyrokitties: *giggles* I could inhale those things all day :3 Which is why I try to avoid the candy aisle at all costs. x-x;

sayuri_nitta
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to sayuri_nitta

Old 02-15-2008, 07:45 PM

Yes well my fiance has a terrible memory for stuff like that - I got him something for when I see him and hopefully he should feel guilty (I know that sounds mean but he could have ordered flowers or something, he has internet access >_<; )
I love him to bits, I just wish I didn't have to remind him about stuff =P

InfinitysDaughter
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-15-2008, 07:45 PM

I Got! The flu. D: And some chocolate from my grams and 3 pairs of toe socks from my mum...what? I like socks. >w< But since I wasn't at school for V-day for more then 20 minutes I didn't get much.

Dems some pertty flowers you gots there.

The PyroKittie
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-15-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona of the Zodiac

@pyrokitties: *giggles* I could inhale those things all day :3 Which is why I try to avoid the candy aisle at all costs. x-x;
Me too, but all the candy is on sale today! It's so hard not to go to the store and buy it all. >.< I have a weakness for the Chocolate Turtles.

Sagitar
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-15-2008, 07:46 PM

Nope, nothing. It's not a big deal here, it's just another holiday from the US xP kinda like halloween.

I really don't need another day to remind me of not having any friends, so I don't even want anything from anyone ^^

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-15-2008, 07:48 PM

Ooooh, turtles! I haven't had one of those in ages!

As for going to the stores, no way! The only store we have here at home is the wal-mart I work for. And, well, it is just a good idea to never enter one's workplace on their day off ;)

That, and the after holiday shopping crowds are scary. o.o

The PyroKittie
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-15-2008, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayuri_nitta
Yes well my fiance has a terrible memory for stuff like that - I got him something for when I see him and hopefully he should feel guilty (I know that sounds mean but he could have ordered flowers or something, he has internet access >_<; )
I have to remind my girlfriend of birthdays (even her own sometimes) and our anniversary. But she usually remembers holidays rather well. I'm the one that forgets those and waits to the last second to do anything about them.

Captain Aamelia
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via MSN to Captain Aamelia

Old 02-15-2008, 07:51 PM

I had a pretty good valentines day. I only had one lesson during the entire day! My dad always gives me and my mom one rose each and he brought pink cake with him home from his work! With little pink chocolate hearts on :D

I don't understand why some single people don't like valentines day, I'm single and I love it! It's one of my favourite days!

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-15-2008, 07:52 PM

@Sagitar: I see! *Blinks* I enjoy the festivities of it at forums such as this, but in real life simple is better. I just wish my family a good day.

And try to forget what work was like. You haven't lived until you have seen a two lane aisle forming outside of the valentine's day aisle. Very scary stuff!

Another holiday from the US? Where are you from? *tilts head*

The PyroKittie
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-15-2008, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Ooooh, turtles! I haven't had one of those in ages!

As for going to the stores, no way! The only store we have here at home is the wal-mart I work for. And, well, it is just a good idea to never enter one's workplace on their day off ;)

That, and the after holiday shopping crowds are scary. o.o
Wal-mart is about the only place to get stuff here either. My step-dad works there and sits in the car when we have to go there on his days off. But the one here has a big box of turtles and I want.

InfinitysDaughter
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-15-2008, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The PyroKittie
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayuri_nitta
I have to remind my girlfriend of birthdays (even her own sometimes) and our anniversary. But she usually remembers holidays rather well. I'm the one that forgets those and waits to the last second to do anything about them.
That sounds like me. My mum has to write down everyones birthdays in my organizer when I get new paper for it each year cuse otherwise I'll forget.

@Captain Aamelia: The reason I dont like it is cuse all the couples I know tend to rub it in that they have someone, even if they dont mean to. Its just another day that reminds me of my ex. >.<

Sagitar
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-15-2008, 07:55 PM

Quote:
@Sagitar: I see! *Blinks* I enjoy the festivities of it at forums such as this, but in real life simple is better. I just wish my family a good day.

And try to forget what work was like. You haven't lived until you have seen a two lane aisle forming outside of the valentine's day aisle. Very scary stuff!

Another holiday from the US? Where are you from? *tilts head*
I am from Finland :3

Leona of the Zodiac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-15-2008, 07:59 PM

Finland! How cool! *Giggles* I bet things are very interesting there!

And oh wow, sitting in the car? o.o *laughs* It is tempting on those times the family runs tehre on my day off! Cars are pretty comfortable places to hang out.

The PyroKittie
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-15-2008, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Aamelia

I don't understand why some single people don't like valentines day, I'm single and I love it! It's one of my favourite days!
For the longest time me and all my single friends would have a party on V-day. We'd got a rent a bunch of movies and hang out at each other's houses and take each other to dinner.

One time, we went to the Borders in town and a guy that works the cafe that knew us asked what we were doing together on V-day. We explained that we were all single and having a party and he said that no girl should go without chocolates on V-day and he bought us a big box of chocolates. He was awesome.

Sagitar
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-15-2008, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The PyroKittie
For the longest time me and all my single friends would have a party on V-day. We'd got a rent a bunch of movies and hang out at each other's houses and take each other to dinner.

One time, we went to the Borders in town and a guy that works the cafe that knew us asked what we were doing together on V-day. We explained that we were all single and having a party and he said that no girl should go without chocolates on V-day and he bought us a big box of chocolates. He was awesome.
aww that was sweet ^^ although I would have probably thought the guy had some sort of second thougts there xD I'm sceptic like that

The PyroKittie
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-15-2008, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagitar
aww that was sweet ^^ although I would have probably thought the guy had some sort of second thoughts there xD I'm skeptic like that
Naw. He was a nice guy. We knew him from school and we went to Borders almost everyday. He's just a nice guy. Now if it was a stranger or something, we probably would of nicely declined those chocolates.