Sanoko
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Sanoko Send a message via MSN to Sanoko Send a message via Yahoo to Sanoko

Old 01-19-2008, 02:06 AM

Yeah, but they prefer not to. That's their little secret.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 01-19-2008, 02:08 AM

Great. That'll work out perfectly with what I've got so far.
Thanks again.

Sanoko
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Sanoko Send a message via MSN to Sanoko Send a message via Yahoo to Sanoko

Old 01-19-2008, 02:12 AM

lol, alright.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 01-19-2008, 02:22 AM

Here ya go! It's not overall fantastic, but it's my first, unedited version. Later I'll probably go ahead and fix it so that it's better.

Sanoko was walking down a path toward her little home in Foxletia when she tripped across something small. She bent down to see what it was and discovered that it was a little egg with what appeared to be a tail. Intrigued by it, she picked up the egg and took it back to her house. Three days later it started rocking and making strange noises then hatched into a small baby Foxlet. The little Foxlet was very energetic and ran around, playing with anything it could. Then, another five days later, Sanoko came home to find an adolescent Foxlet. It had magically grown from a child into an adolescent. In this stage, the Foxlet was calmer, but still fairly energetic. The little Foxlet made mischief, but never did anything to cause harm. Then a week later the Foxlet entered its final stage. It was an adult now and was more calm and rational. It knew more about how the world worked and knew that it would have to leave Sanoko eventually so that it could meet others of it’s kind and start a family.
“I have to go now.” It said to Sanoko one day. She looked down at it in shock.
“I didn’t know you could talk!”
“Yes, well I’d rather you didn’t tell anyone.” It sighed.
“I won’t I promise.”
The next day, the Foxlet left and joined a group of others. Sometimes Sanoko would see him out with his family, but he never even noticed that she was there. Several months later, however, he returned to her with his family.
“We have discussed it and because of your loyalty and care that you gave me, we want you to have three of our eggs. You’ll take good care of them. I know this.”
With that, they left the eggs with her and returned to their home in the wild.
Sanoko kept the eggs. They grew up into wonderful Foxlets and stayed with her.
She has kept all their secrets.

Sanoko
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-19-2008, 02:27 AM

Pretty good for an unedited version.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 01-19-2008, 02:29 AM

Yeah, it's not bad...
(sorry, I pick at my own writing too much...)

Sanoko
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-19-2008, 02:32 AM

I do that too.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 01-19-2008, 02:38 AM

What I regret about this story thing is that it's not overall great. It doesn't cover anything much about the world.
Still needs a lot of work...
XP
Ugh..must stop picking...

Sanoko
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-19-2008, 04:46 PM

It's ok, yes it does need more work to put that in, but I'm sure once you get completely done with it it will be great.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 01-19-2008, 10:16 PM

Okay...well for now it kind of is done...
Foxletia isn't my world, so I don't really know much about it or the Foxlets.
I mean, I could edit it, but all that would do is touch up what I've already got.

Sanoko
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-19-2008, 11:20 PM

Well the world looks just like earth, but with more lush greenery. The animals are about the same except of course different.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 01-19-2008, 11:25 PM

'Kay. That helps a bit. I still won't be able to add too much more to what I've already got for you, but I'll try to add just a bit more later on.

Sanoko
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-19-2008, 11:29 PM

Alright.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 02-04-2008, 09:35 PM

Hokay! I've got my final revised version now.
Here (sorry, it still kinda sucks...but I made you a goddess!):

As the sun rose over the land of Foxletia, revealing soft green grass, bright colorful flowers, and waking the small songbirds in the park, Kaderin was rolling over, trying to get more sleep. Finally she got up though and got ready for the day. She didn’t have anything to do because it was a Saturday, so she decided to go for a walk in the park across the street. After taking a quick shower, and getting dressed, she headed out of her small apartment and out into the bright, sunlit day. Humming to herself, as she walked, Kaderin didn’t notice the unusual egg sitting in the grass until she had practically tripped over it. “Oh, well hello! What is this?” she asked no one in particular. She picked it up, surprised at how warm it was and tucked it into the bag she had with her then finished her walk and headed back to the apartment, making a small detour on the way to pick up some groceries from the small ethnic shop on the corner. Back in her apartment, she carefully tucked the egg into a box on her end table then turned on her TV and watched old movies all day. The next day passed much the same except that she wandered a bit more before returning to the apartment to check on the egg and watch movies again. The day after that, however, she had classes to go to, and though she hated to do it, she left the egg tucked safely at home, spending the whole day wondering about what it really was anyway. Her conclusion was that it was some sort of unusually large bird egg, probably imported. Though how anyone could lose such a large egg was beyond her.
The third day, when she returned home from a long day of classes, she opened the door to find a strange little baby fox-like creature running around her apartment. “It couldn’t be…” she whispered, noticing the broken shell pieces, “they’re only myths; a story. There’s no such thing as Foxlets.” Yet there was no other explanation. The next day she immediately went down to the pet shop. If she was to take the little guy outside ever, she’d have to get him a collar and leash. He was just too rambunctious to actually stay with her. In fact, if he didn’t grow up soon she’d have to buy new things for her apartment. The poor guy kept knocking over lamps and getting into things he really shouldn’t. After a few days had passed, she realized that he didn’t even have a name yet. “I think I’ll call you Dante.” She said with a smile, nuzzling his nose before setting him back down on the floor.
Just when she thought she would explode from having to clean up the billionth knocked over vase, glass, lamp, or other breakables, she came home to find that her cute little Foxlet, who had been growing a bit each day was now bigger than just hours before. He had become an adolescent after 5 days, and while he was less destructive, he was just as frustrating. Dante didn’t really need a leash anymore. He would stay with Kaderin…mostly. And he listened to her…eventually. He acted a lot like a teenager and it drove Kaderin nuts! Luckily he had seemed to stop growing though. He filled out a bit more, but not too much changed until 7 days later when Kaderin found that Dante had again changed. This time he was just a bit bigger. He was definitely an adult now. He listened when she spoke and stayed with her when she asked him to. She really liked him a lot better as a calm adult than as a rambunctious child or rebellious adolescent.
Then one day, Kaderin sat down and asked her Foxlet some questions. She figured that if he really was a Foxlet then he could answer if he chose. “Where did you come from?” she asked.
For a long moment, there was nothing, but then Dante turned and looked at her.
“I was created by the Goddess Sanoko.”
Kaderin stifled a gasp.
“But why me?”
“Because you were chosen by the Goddess. It is she who decides who is worthy to be a protector of the Foxlets.”
“Protector?”
“Yes. Foxlets are becoming more and more rare in this world. People have stopped believing, but those who are worthy can protect us and help us to become many again.”
Kaderin nodded numbly. She could hardly believe what she had been told, but it all made sense now.
And from that day on, she kept Dante safe from those who wished him harm, in turn receiving his help and guidance when she most desperately needed it.

Sanoko
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-04-2008, 10:23 PM

I like it.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 02-04-2008, 10:28 PM

Oh good! I'm so glad you do!
I wrote the whole thing in like 20 min.
XD

Sanoko
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-04-2008, 10:37 PM

lol.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 02-04-2008, 10:49 PM

Hey, I see you want colorists too...should I be able to shade with that or is simple flat-color okay?

Sanoko
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-04-2008, 10:55 PM

It would be better if you could shade.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 02-18-2008, 10:11 PM

Okay...so I'm kinda wondering something.
I wrote you a story 'cause it says on the front page that you were looking for someone to write you one, but yet it's not made it to the front page.
I was just wondering if this was because you were looking for something better or if it's just an oversight?

~Adeline_Felicie~
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-08-2010, 08:57 PM

I've been checking in on the shop every now and then and was wondering if it's still open?