FatefulRabbit

Old 11-29-2013, 01:27 AM

So... how do I put this... Okay so I'm not new to rp, but I'm new to forum roleplay. I used to roleplay alot on tinerme (yes I know the rps there were terrible but doesn't matter I had fun) so I became adept to chat room/ script roleplay.

I actually became a rather good roleplayer (or atleast what friends have told me) but once Tm close I looked and looked and there was only forum roleplys so I look around and then I got intimdated by how detailed and descriptive everyone was and how much someone was able to write about mere moments.

So I ran away from site to site still trying to find some place where I could belong.Now worn down and tired I just want to roleplay again and experience it I kinda need to find a way to get over my nerves and stop worrying about abolishing a perfectly good roleplay for the sake of me trying this new style out...

Help >.<

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to hillary84 Send a message via Yahoo to hillary84

Old 11-29-2013, 01:29 AM

I can help you. What type of roleplays do you enjoy?

FatefulRabbit

Old 11-29-2013, 01:34 AM

um I like fanbase but nothing to good is up so I guess something simple maybe just a mercanery fantasy sounds like fun ^^

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 11-29-2013, 01:38 AM

One of the glorious things about our RP community is that they used lots of different RP styles. If you are more comfortable with short reply RPs you are more than welcome to look for partners who will respond similarly.

One thing I might suggest is to look for someone who gauges how large their post is to how much you give them. When they make a large response look to see at what kind of details they've added to beef up their post-- setting, clothing, emotion, thoughts... these sorts of things-- in order to add them to your own.

FatefulRabbit

Old 11-29-2013, 01:41 AM

I Suppose so but it doesn't change some fears I have I'm still abit nervous actually. I'm not what you would call a very brave person...

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 11-29-2013, 02:05 AM

you'll be surprised how patient everyone is
i did my first role play with a friend
she was amazingly kind
good luck!

FatefulRabbit

Old 11-29-2013, 05:38 PM

Gah so many rps none which I can fit into to. .. I'm going to be over here as I watch I guess...

Pandora's Box
Everyone's Favorite Sociopath

Old 11-30-2013, 12:16 AM

I was on TM too! I just settled down here as well. I did both these roleplays and I did chat room ones. I'd be happy to teach you. I'm no expert, but I'd be happy to give you the just of it. Send me a message.

PS, I was PrincessGem on TM.

FatefulRabbit

Old 11-30-2013, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergamer View Post
I was on TM too! I just settled down here as well. I did both these roleplays and I did chat room ones. I'd be happy to teach you. I'm no expert, but I'd be happy to give you the just of it. Send me a message.

PS, I was PrincessGem on TM.
I went by a couple of names I think the one I had before I close with was Loppy-Inaba XD

PrincessKasumi
Stalker Ninja
Penpal

Old 12-01-2013, 08:31 PM

What kind of RPs are you looking to get into?

FatefulRabbit

Old 12-01-2013, 08:50 PM

I dunno I used to be very spread out with what generes I was in but after not rping for so long I'm really rusty and indecisive..

BrotherOfDarkness
*^_^*

Penpal

Old 12-01-2013, 09:00 PM

Over time I have realised with story telling, which is what rp is about a lot of the time, quality overrides quantity, and relevance helps too! I have read lots and learned lots over my years, and I used to write very descriptively, and have walls and walls of descriptive text,... About completely non relevant things, because that's what I thought was expected, but if you read great novelists, who create massive books and stories,... George r r Martin, Tolkien, jk, Sergei, so on, they are descriptive when they need to be only. No messing around, so there is no "the walls glistened with moisture and it dripped slowly as it began to bead like tears creeping down a gargoyles face" they usually say "the wall was wet!" We know what a wet wall,looks like! Story telling is not about who has the biggest vocabulary or who can use the online thesaurus better!