Andraus
Most shy away from conflict. I e...

Old 10-06-2013, 08:06 PM

If you look at Human History, We're built upon a Cycle of Rise, Collapse, and Rebuild. Our nations, every last one, has been built upon the seat of a great Civilization, yet we know so little about them. The Roman Empire, The Mayan's and Aztec's, The Native Americans, and many more I can name. Sure, we can understand how they might've lived, but do we really know who they were, or better yet, how they got to that level? There are Theory's out there, but Theory's are about as Diverse as the people who come up with them.

What do you think about all this?

Risque
bing chilling

Old 10-10-2013, 06:00 AM

I think civilization is an inevitable thing that comes as people get self-actualized. I think it's scary when civilizations collapse though. The thought of losing your cultural identity over a few generations is pretty freaky.

Esmereina
Self proclaimed ingenius ^^

Old 12-30-2013, 02:29 AM

A lot of cultures believe our purpose here can only be answered by the very spiritual beings who created us. None of us will ever figure it out, but I am one of those people who believe these spiritual beings were just bored while creating the universe so they decided to make other things living in some planets they've created. Kind of like a game for them. The question I often ask is where did these spiritual beings come from? Everything has its creation, right? so... who made them? Some argue that is was actually intelligent beings , aka us, that created them. So... they create us and we create them. Feels like a Catch-22.

I have a better peace of mind just not bothering with things I can't answer. But entertaining ideas isn't so bad.

Mogwai
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-30-2013, 10:30 AM

one word - Aliens. :P

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 12-30-2013, 09:29 PM

Why not?

Do we really need a purpose? Or can we give ourselves purpose and be satisfied?

Andraus
Most shy away from conflict. I e...

Old 12-31-2013, 05:49 AM

Dystopia: Humanity cannot give itself a purpose directly, it's 'human nature' I assume. Truthfully, I think that, unconsciously, we do what we do out of desperation for survival.

Thomas hobbes Once wrote 'When all the world is overcharged with inhabitants, then the last remedy of all is war, which provideth for every man, by victory or death'. there are many interpretations of this, but my interpretation is that, if humanity is not at conflict with itself, that we'd 'overcharge' our planet, and kill it. we'd then die off.

It's just a theory, but history seems to support it.