Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 01-14-2014, 11:59 AM

I recently got a new job (Another supermarket, because apparently I impress supermarket people?) and two days a week I finish at 9pm. But the bus timetable means that I never get home until about half past ten, and I'm finding it really difficult to get anything done around my work schedule because when I get home I'm really tired, but I have to do normal things like make dinner and do the washing, and then it's 2am so I sleep until the last possible moment until I have to get up for work the next day. It's making it hard to get any personal stuff in around that time.

I never had this much trouble when I finished at 7pm and was home by 8.
Does anyone have any tips?

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 01-16-2014, 07:36 PM

ISOS Duke: You're the master of balancing a lot of jobs and crazy hours, perhaps you can share some tips?

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 01-16-2014, 11:22 PM

I've definitely been through many days like that, though it's usually school and a couple of jobs at the same time. What I would do is when I would get home, I would start a chore that runs its course on its own (like laundry) and once that's started I would eat and shower, if the laundry was still running I would go to bed and get up early the next day and do what I could then, if it was done I would toss it into the dryer and put another load in the washing machine.

Or, if you're like me and have tasks like a fish tank or two that need to be manually cleaned, take frequent breaks. Find a stopping point (like getting the tank drained) and do something else like eating or showering before finishing.

The big thing is to not try and do EVERYTHING in that one night you get home, find the things that absolutely need to get done right away (like you're out of work clothes) and do that. Prioritize your tasks but make sure you set aside time to take care of yourself: keep yourself fed and clean sort of things. At least I've found that easy (which is also why I have clean laundry sitting around for a bit too...)

I have a day off tomorrow and I know I have to bathe and groom the dog, do laundry, fish tanks, homework, possibly clean the bedding and all that fun stuff. We'll see how much actually gets done >.>