hispanic 0 0%
african 0 0%
indian 1 33.33%
arab 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

allycat
daddy's kitten

Old 01-26-2015, 02:07 AM

Do you like the characteristics you inherited from your ethnic background? If not, why? Are there any stereotypes?

I'm (1) Hawaiian/Japanese and (2) Danish

I love the soft skin and easily tanned skin I got from being hawaiian I love the eye shape I have since I'm part japanese, I LOVE japanese eyes (Mine are a little bigger but still the same general shape.) I didn't get much from my danish side :/ but somehow I got really light brown hair (like gold) that I really like.

Aimless.Wanderer
A.K.A ii-AznGurlDream-ii

Old 01-27-2015, 12:59 AM

I'm Bengali, so I get the stereotypical dark skin and frizzy hair. I do love my almond-shaped eyes, though. They are kind of big and they fit my face pretty well. I don't tan, though. I literally burn (it IS possible, actually ) The only thing I like about my hair is that it grows fast. Really fast! And especially when I don't like a haircut that I get, it's definitely a good thing I've learned to start accepting the color of my skin, because the other half of my family is really fair (I used to be as fair as them up until I was 4-5 years old) and I'm smack in the middle of brown and fair. It's weird, really. But I can't complain

There aren't a lot of stereotypes (because not many people know what Bengali girls are stereotyped as) but I've been told that I can be pretty blunt and straightforward for an Indian girl (whatever the hell that means ^^;)

allycat
daddy's kitten

Old 01-27-2015, 01:13 AM

ii-AznGurlDream-ii: my sister burns really easily too, I've never had a sunburn my whole life and I kinda feel left out lol

Aimless.Wanderer
A.K.A ii-AznGurlDream-ii

Old 01-27-2015, 01:15 AM

@ Ally - Trust me, you're lucky you're left out. It definitely isn't fun

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 02-02-2015, 02:35 AM

I'm African and Cherokee. Identify as black. I have super curly black African hair and not super dark brown skin. Medium brown, I'd say. Don't talk to me about doing hair. Don't even LOOK AT ME about washing hair. *shivers*
/I don't wear it natural
/and because of that, I didn't get the memo that greasy hair is considered gross
/styling my hair is hopeless without hair grease and a hot comb

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 02-02-2015, 10:47 AM

I'm black and white mostly.
African American, Polish, French and Native American for sure. And I think Irish also,
I identify as both white and black, but because of my appearance, medium skin tone, big curly hair, dark eyes, I tend to just leave it at black unless someone asks me for my ethnic background.

I have really, super curly hair, but I don't have a lot of frizz. Like, seriously, I could wash my hair and let it air dry and it won't frizz up, but I have so much hair that it looks very thick. My hair is very curly and it does shrink a lot most days, which I hate.
The thing I don't like is my nose, it's round when you see me straight on, but if I turn to the side it's got that weird crooked likeness. Very typical Polish nose, I guess. There is no other way to describe it!

I have a love hate relationship with my skin color. I'm not the darkest person in the world, but compared to a white person I'm pretty dark. (Think Zoe Saldana) Make up is hard to find because it never has the right undertone and it often makes me look darker or too pale. And eyeshadow is a pain because I love the natural colors, but they never show up on my face because they blend in to my skin tone! Ugh!

Aimless.Wanderer
A.K.A ii-AznGurlDream-ii

Old 02-02-2015, 09:42 PM

@ Ava - I have such a struggle with makeup, I don't even know where to begin. Especially when it comes to liquid eyeliner. I can never get it to go on even on both sides, so my cat eyes always end up looking ridiculous When I do put on makeup, I make sure I do it at home for a test run or two, or until I'm comfortable enough to use it daily. And then I never use it because I'm too lazy I do take some pride in having a relatively nice no-makeup face, though. So it's okay

@ Amane - Have you tried wearing your hair naturally? I know some girls like wearing theirs naturally, I'm just curious whether you don't do it because of preference or a bad experience