Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-19-2016, 12:11 AM

Tavis made a face at the kiss though didn't move away. "Quit it. You're embarrassing me in public!" he whined, giving Davvin a playful push. "Save the gross lovey-dovey stuff for home!" They both knew he liked it though, but this was his art show, the show he waited his entire life for. Sure Davvin inspired the piece that got him recognition, but he didn't need to go turning all mushy right now just because he was holding hands with his mate. He lowered his voice a second later so only Davvin could hear. "But I really owe this all to you."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 01-19-2016, 02:25 AM

Davvin chuckled, "I'm sorry, I can't help it, I'm just so proud!" He turned an unrepentant grin at Tavis, Can you really blame me?" Howevere, he frowned slightly when Tavis said it was all because of him. "No way, I'm the reason. You'd have gotten here without me because you're just that amazing. But I am quite proud to have been your muse anyway." He smirked at Tavis, not resisting the urge to snuggle back in closer to him, some part of him wanting to show that this was his mate. The artist who created all this was his soulmate and the person he loved most in the world.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-19-2016, 03:35 AM

Tavis pouted at his mate, wanting very much to make a scene, but he resisted the urge. Even after a couple months, they were still them after all and Tavis always wanted to wipe any smirks off Davvin's face. He opened his mouth, about to complain when a familiar voice caught his attention.

"Tavis! This is quite the show you've got here."

Not letting go of Davvin's hand, Tavis whirled to see Elias walking toward him. "Uncle! I didn't think you would come!" The taller man's smile matched his soft gray eyes. Tavis pulled Davvin with him to meet the other man. "Hey Dav, this is my uncle. He's more like my father though. Taught me half of what I know about art."

"It was a bit less than that I think...."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 01-19-2016, 03:45 AM

Davvin smiled brightly at Elias, "It's a pleasure to meet you, sir. Tav always speaks very highly of you." He reached out and shook the older man's hand. Tavis had told him the story of how his uncle had helped him really get in those last couple days, and Davvin figured he'd probably always be grateful to him for that. Who knew how much longer it would have taken Tavis otherwise.

Davvin chuckled in response to Elias's response, "He seems to be so willing to give away credit for this amazing show tonight. He was trying to tell me I was responsible too. Take it on your self, babe. Tonight's the night you get to brag without any of us teasing the shit out of you."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-19-2016, 11:24 PM

Tavis rolled his eyes and missed Elias's glance between Davvin and the main sculpture of the show. A brief, knowing smile crossed his face. "I take it this here's the soulmate you were so confused about. Well, good for you, kid," Elias hummed, ruffling Tavis' hair. "You got everything you wanted after all." His eyes stayed on Davvin for an extra second as his smiled softened on the edges. His eyes went distant though and just before he turned away to continue looking at the art, Tavis thought he saw something sad there.

"I'm sorry I couldn't convince your parents to come, but I hope it's enough I'm proud of you. Keep dreaming. I want to see more art from you like this." With those parting words, Elias excused himself and drifted off, but Tavis couldn't help his lingering gaze. He forgot that despite being almost ten years older, his uncle still had not found his soulmate. In his youth, it seemed cool and exciting, like a defiance, because Elias never spoke of it. He lived perfectly fine alone, but now, Tavis couldn't help but feel a little sad himself. Knowing the joy of having his own soulmate, he wondered if his uncle knew just all what he was missing out on.

Tavis squeezed Davvin's hand. "Okay, I suppose we can be a little mushy today."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 01-20-2016, 03:54 AM

Davvin turned a megawatt smile on Tavis, "I knew you'd see it my way." he chuckled, before he could continue there was a voice from behind them.

"So how'd that whole fake soulmate business work out for you two?" Davvin whipped around to see Jae smirking at them, hair as bright pink as ever, "You two really seemed to fail at that, but you can't really be blamed when it was real all along, huh?" Her smile then turned a little more sincere, "This really is a snazzy show you've got going Tavis. Who knew our boy would end up with such a talented, mate." She leaned forward towards Tavis a little conspiratorially towards Tavis, whispering, but not really, "I think he's really the lucky one in this relationship."

Davvin frowned slightly at Jae's comment, but he couldn't help but agree. He really was very lucky with Tavis, but more because of who he was than anything related to his talent, even if that was one more part of Tavis that Davvin loved.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-20-2016, 04:44 AM

"Um...." Tavis started, not the least bit sure what to say the second Jae walked over to them. The more she spoke, the more he floundered. After opening and closing his mouth a few times, he turned to Davvin and mouthed, 'what the fuck?' Because really, this is what friends did? Though Tavis supposed he shouldn't talk. Javier and Erik already came and went, thankfully, thankfully went. No one should ever invite those two to an art show.

"Thanks? You don't need to rub it in though..."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 01-20-2016, 05:00 AM

Jae pouted at Tavis, about the same time Davvin rolled his eyes at his mate's reactions, Jae took some getting used to, but so did Tavis's friends, so he could deal

"Ah come on, I'm just teasing." Jae said, looking unrepentant, "You know I'm really happy for you, both for this show and for you two getting your acts together. It's sweet, in a disgusting sort of way. Seriously, you two are too cute." Jae couldn't in a way imagine feeling that sickenly sweet about someone. The look in Davvin's eye was just crazy. He'd turned into a complete sap. She hoped she never be like that.

Davvin rolled his eyes again, typical Jae, "Just wait, until you meet your mate. You'll see. It's easy to be sweet."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-20-2016, 05:35 AM

"That's right! You need to suffer the same fate we did!" Tavis exclaimed, jabbing a finger at Jae as if it was a curse. Fall in love and turn into a complete sap like everyone else! She deserved it for making fun of this miserable but wonderful state that love turned him into. Tavis blushed slightly at the thought. He glanced at Davvin and decided that he very much wanted to be alone with Davvin right then. He'd had enough of the well meaning visitors and considered dragging his mate to the little alcove in the corner created by the gallery's design. "Now can you just leave us alone already?" he complained, speaking to Jae without actually returning his attention to her.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 01-20-2016, 05:56 AM

Jae rolled her eyes, "Yeah whatever, lover boys, not gonna happen anytime soon. But yeah sure I'll see you later." she nodded and then said, a bit more serious, "But this really is a great show, good job Tavis." And with that she walked off, disappearing back into the crowd of the gallery.

Davvin turned to look at Tavis, "My friends get you so worked up. It's cute." he chuckled. "You do know the worse they tease you the more it means you're accepted into the fold right?" He paused before smirking at Tavis, "Now what was that you said about we could be a little bit mushy?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-20-2016, 06:18 AM

Tavis sighed as she left, though he secretly hid a smile at her compliment. Jae might be annoying, but he could tell she meant it. "Great, just what I wanted." After shaking his head, he locked eyes onto Davvin's once again. "Mushy? Oh right..." he hummed. Reaching up, he wrapped both arms around Davvin's neck like he often did when they were alone. "I was just about to say how much I love you."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 01-20-2016, 06:26 AM

Davvin smiled at Tavis, the smile soft and filled with love, he wrapped his arms around Tavis's waist pulling him closer, settling into a position that was becoming quite familiar to both of them. His eyes welled up at Tavis's words, "I love you too. So much. More than I ever imagined loving one person." He pushed closer to the other pressing a tender kiss to his lips pulling away only to mutter, somewhat miffed, "I can't believe you said it first."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-20-2016, 06:33 AM

A faint smirk crossed Tavis' face. "I've got to win at something," he muttered before returning the kiss. Even though he knew they drew the eyes of most the gallery, and a couple 'oooh' and 'aaah' noises, Tavis didn't care much. He was in no hurry to move from this comfortable position. "What are you going to do about it?"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 01-20-2016, 06:38 AM

"Mmmm," Davvin hummed, considering, completing ignoring the crowd, though he's pretty sure he heard one of his brother's wolf-whistle. "I'll guess, I'll just have to make sure to propose first. Can't let you win too much, huh?" he asked, tilting his head, looking forward to Tavis's reactions, though all through out saying this he barely pulled away, his lips brushing Tavis's a few times as he spoke.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-20-2016, 07:03 AM

Tavis' eyes went wide before he doubled over, dropping his face against Davvin's shoulder as he sputtered. "T-that's-! Okay, god...you win! You win." he exclaimed. After a couple seconds when his surprise got under control, he breathed out a more serious answer, though his cheeks still tinged pink. "Just don't take too long, kay? Or I'll want to compete."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 01-20-2016, 06:44 PM

Davvin chuckled, pleased to have caught Tavis off guard once again, "Mm, don't worry, I won't, I don't think I'll be able to wait that long," he said, pulling Tavis's head back up to kiss him again, one final press of the lips before they went back to paying attention to the guests at the show. Maybe, he'd made fun of soulmates who got married so fast in the past, but he could understand the impulse, now. And he was certain it would take him too long at all because he wanted Tavis close to him like this forever.

~The End~

Last edited by Wings of Writing; 01-20-2016 at 07:15 PM..