Zane Troy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-12-2008, 10:10 PM

Lemon: Well I'd been playing around with that particular diamonds idea for weeks now but couldn't think of a way to use it. It just seemed to work for this. But that's just a quick version. It'd be better if I had spent more than a few minutes on it.

Iheart801
*^_^*
Send a message via Yahoo to Iheart801

Old 02-12-2008, 10:13 PM

Well Zane if you want to submit a revised version let me know. *Smiles and give Zane a hug.* Thanks for entering my contest.

Sweet Lemon Effect
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Sweet Lemon Effect Send a message via MSN to Sweet Lemon Effect Send a message via Yahoo to Sweet Lemon Effect

Old 02-12-2008, 10:17 PM

I think I might have been a better poet before I learned all the stuff about ryhme and rythem and meter and crud. No going back now though.

Zane Troy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-12-2008, 10:18 PM

Well Heart, I would submit a revised one, but I probably won't have much time to work on it before the contests over because I'll be busy for the next few days.

Queen_Andais
I move the stars for no one.

Penpal

Old 02-12-2008, 10:25 PM

Asher is my favorite of the vampires. Nathaniel and Micah have my vote for the lycans.

Thank you for the compliment on the poem...it was just done sitting at my computer. As you can tell, I am not very busy at work right now. Hehe.

The Southern Vampire series actually has werewolves and other shifters as well as some fairies. I like the way she writes the books. It's very realistic of southern life and what not. The first book is called Dead Until Dark and the author is Charlaine Harris.

I actually failed my eighth grade year of english because I refused to do the poetry notebook assignment. The teacher wanted us to write our own poems, but in certain styles and I don't write well within confines, so I submitted a poetry notebook written in my own style, and the teacher failed me. Instead of a nice summer break, I got summer school english, which I think is the easiest endlish ever!

Iheart801
*^_^*

Old 02-12-2008, 10:34 PM

@Lemon
You don't have to follow those rules. Just write free poetry. Where you just write how your write that is what I do with mine. I don't follow any of the rules. that is the nice thing about poetry you can choose to follow the rules or you can choose not to.

@Zane
That is alright. If you are busy you are busy. Nothing you can do about that. So I understand, sometimes real life butts in.

@Queen_Andais
I love Nathaniel. He is by far one of my favorite characters from the series. I wish I had my very own Nathaniel.
That series you mentioned is sounding even better. I'll check out the half price books by me to see if they have any of them.

Sweet Lemon Effect
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Sweet Lemon Effect Send a message via MSN to Sweet Lemon Effect Send a message via Yahoo to Sweet Lemon Effect

Old 02-12-2008, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen_Andais
Asher is my favorite of the vampires. Nathaniel and Micah have my vote for the lycans.

Thank you for the compliment on the poem...it was just done sitting at my computer. As you can tell, I am not very busy at work right now. Hehe.

The Southern Vampire series actually has werewolves and other shifters as well as some fairies. I like the way she writes the books. It's very realistic of southern life and what not. The first book is called Dead Until Dark and the author is Charlaine Harris.

I actually failed my eighth grade year of english because I refused to do the poetry notebook assignment. The teacher wanted us to write our own poems, but in certain styles and I don't write well within confines, so I submitted a poetry notebook written in my own style, and the teacher failed me. Instead of a nice summer break, I got summer school english, which I think is the easiest endlish ever!
I failed 8th grade English too...as well as 7th and 9th grade English too! I read Stephen King novels instead of doing my work. :P Now I do my work and I'm getting an A.

I'm dying my hair right now. In 10 minutes I will no longer be a redhead, and shall instead be a bruenette! <3 changing my hair.

:P Nathaniel is sweet. I love the psychotic baddie vamps and lycans most though.

Iheart801
*^_^*

Old 02-12-2008, 10:42 PM

Well off to home where I have no internet right now. So I will talk with you all tomorrow. Night.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 02-12-2008, 10:48 PM

Micah is a yummy bit of goods too. It would be hard for me to choose between the two. Thank god I don't have to make that decision.

I dyed my hair not that long ago from brunette to a reddish brunette, more auburn you could say. Liked it until it faded.

*waves* bye for now Heart

Sweet Lemon Effect
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-12-2008, 10:53 PM

:P I just posted a vampire short story of mine in the writing forums. Not my best, but okay.

I have another I work on all the time with different charries that is 12k words long. I haven't worked on it in a while though.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 02-12-2008, 10:58 PM

I wrote a historical romance novel my junior year of high school. That story will never see the light of day except by my own eyes. Heh.

There is also the Undead and Unwed series as well. That series is side spliting funny.

Oh! Almost forgot the women of the otherworld novels. First book for the series is Bitten. If you haven't heard of it or you have, but haven't read it, I suggest highly on this series as well. Very strong female characters from all realms of the supernatural; Werewolves, witches, vampires and many others. Oh so fantastic

Sweet Lemon Effect
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-12-2008, 11:14 PM

Have you considered re-writing it? Just go through and change the bad parts. I've had to do some of that to my old writings, which were atrocious.

Fix it up and try to sell it :P I know alot of places publish historical romance.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 02-12-2008, 11:18 PM

That is always a possibility for sure, just would actually have to sit down and type it this time. I hand wrote the last time. There are lots of things I would like to add, but right now I am working on getting all the items down so I can open my own quest page here on menewsha, when I get done I will go ahead and perhaps pull it out.

Another small poem...there is more I want to add to this one...just not sure yet. It's a work in progress. Any ideas let me know

It rain that night,
huge drops felt like tears falling from heaven,
warm and vibrant they shined as if they were alive.

We danced as they splattered upon us
caught in the magic of the other's eyes
twirling with love holding us close

Iheart801
*^_^*

Old 02-13-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen_Andais
I wrote a historical romance novel my junior year of high school. That story will never see the light of day except by my own eyes. Heh.

There is also the Undead and Unwed series as well. That series is side spliting funny.

Oh! Almost forgot the women of the otherworld novels. First book for the series is Bitten. If you haven't heard of it or you have, but haven't read it, I suggest highly on this series as well. Very strong female characters from all realms of the supernatural; Werewolves, witches, vampires and many others. Oh so fantastic
I have at least heard of the otherworld novels. I can't remeber if I have read any or not. I might have.

Sweet Lemon Effect
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-13-2008, 05:54 PM

Hye thar! Welcome back to Menewsha! I got my fox and my belt!~ I just need the black one now.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 02-13-2008, 06:45 PM

Yay for Lemon! I have 45 chocolates, I'm holding on to them until I see all the event items and get what I want from there.

Iheart801
*^_^*

Old 02-13-2008, 06:51 PM

Congrats Lemon. I am sure you will get the other one soon. Aren't they cute??

That work Queen. I might do that with the rest. I just really wanted the wolves or whatever they are.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 02-13-2008, 07:07 PM

They kind of look like foxes, I will probably end up with one of each. I really meant to get on last night, but a friend called me on my way home from work, wanted to stop by for a few, then I got dinner and by the time I got home the computer wasn't available as the older sister was using it. Seeing as how it's her computer I couldn't very well ask her to get off. *pouts* I just need to get mine back from the parents and then I could be here after work

Iheart801
*^_^*

Old 02-13-2008, 07:24 PM

They do look like foxes. The FAQ calls them foxes, so they must be foxes. They are still cute.

Hey that happens. Hopefully you'll get your computer back soon. I understand where you are coming from. My internet is awol right now. Hopefully I will have it back by Friday or Saturday. Here to hoping to be able to get on here after work. *Smiles*

Oh and I finally got up a V-day wish list. Yea!

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 02-13-2008, 07:49 PM

Sweet about the V-day wish list. I have almost all the stuff that I want.

My parents borrowed the computer for a bit because their's got a virus and it was being worked on. So they snagged mine for the time being. Now I want it back

Iheart801
*^_^*

Old 02-13-2008, 08:01 PM

Ew. Virus' are no fun. That was nice to let them snag your computer while theirs is being fixed.

Yup now I just need the gold for it all. *Laugh*

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 02-13-2008, 08:13 PM

Same here...trying to save up and be good...want another 600 by the time this event ends

Iheart801
*^_^*

Old 02-13-2008, 08:26 PM

That sound good. Keep chatting and hopefully you'll get at least that. What would be even better is if you end up getting even more then that.
I like the events, yet at the same time they set back my quest for my current theme avi.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 02-13-2008, 08:35 PM

I don't even have a quest just yet. Working on it though...Just trying to find all the stuff that I want, then I'll make my quest thread and go from there. Usually I set up a charity thread, but I felt like being selfish this time and doing a quest. Sounds horrible doesn't it?

Iheart801
*^_^*

Old 02-13-2008, 10:20 PM

No. That is perfectly fine. You can still give to others and quest too. I have given stuff to others despite the fact that I am also questing. So... it's not a bad thing. You just need some me time. *Smiles*

Well of to my home. See you all tomarrow.