~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 12-20-2015, 11:42 PM

Banner made by Omi!

Last edited by Linnea; 12-23-2015 at 06:23 AM..

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-20-2015, 11:43 PM

Hosts

~LONGCAT~
Your (not always so) friendly internet meme. Typically found in all whites, I think I know my way around monochromatic themes. I have judged avatar contests before so the rodeo's not new to me but this is my first time doing it for an event. That said, I wish you luck and don't make me a Grumpy Cat.

Helpful hints from ~Longcat~: Follow directions, I'm flipping serious here, you don't follow them I won't add it to the list of entries. Be unique and make your avi tell a story. I love me some stories. I don't like disjointed layering... at all. REMEMBER THE TILDES IF YOU WANT TO PING ME!!! (~) those things

Linnea
Yo, Linny here, your friendly neighborhood color coordinator. I've been around Mene for a while now and have come far in terms of colors and layers and I have learned from the best Mene has to offer. Now it's time to put my eye to good use! Show me colors and show me creativity! Do it and reap the rewards!

Helpful hints from Linnea: Please, please, PLEASE remember to follow the directions! That being said, I really like to see clever ways of using items and neat ways of layering. Doing what everyone else is doing is boring. Be bold!

Rules
  • Please read these, if you can't be bothered to follow the rules we can't be bothered to judge your entry.
  • Be respectful! Constructive criticism is fine, but please don't be rude to other entrants. Aka: don't be a mean monkey or you'll go in the cage for a time out!
  • You can only enter once in each of the categories. No mules or charity accounts. We'll find out. Always do.
  • Use the entry forms. Just copy and paste.
  • You may use the DAC to make your outfit, but ~LONGCAT~ thinks this looks tacky.
  • Please be sure to save your entry to an outside image host like imgur or imageshack. What we see is what we'll judge, so be sure that the avatar you enter is saved and won't change. We won't come find you after the event if it's missing.

If you want to change your entry, you may edit your submission up until it is posted on the front page. Once it is posted on the front page, you'll have to PM ~Longcat~ or Linnea if you want to change anything. REMEMBER THE TILDES!!

Entries will be accepted until the end of the event!

Prizes (big, fat, juicy prizes!):

First place: 10,000g
Second place: 6,000g
Third place: 2,000g

Last edited by Linnea; 12-23-2015 at 05:46 AM..

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 12-20-2015, 11:44 PM

Sugar Spun Colors

You just have to make an avatar with at least 3 pastel colors (that means soft and light colors. White is considered pastel.). And because I'm difficult I'm making you also add ONLY ONE BOLD color (that means a sharp and high contrasting color. Black is considered bold).
Oh yea, and hair and eye color count, as well as equippable skins.

Feel free to PING with questions regarding the color contest, but use your best judgment first and check the links above if you don't know what a pastel or bold color is.

Entry Form:

Sugar Spun Goodness!
Username:
Image of My Entry:

Quote:
[size=4][color=plum][b]Sugar Spun Goodness![/size][/color][/b]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Image of My Entry:[/b]

Entries:

babyblueyez25 Elironastar200shadow

NephilaEirianHikarighostPastry

bloodstainedwingsshinigamikarasu

girlbot9SuperZombiePotatoeKatMagenta

WoodlandnymphBearzyVelvet

blueblackroseRoxxxySalvete

MagelingSuonadragoness129

BellyButtonEmma CorrinEastriel

GwenaHikariKent

Last edited by Linnea; 01-02-2016 at 12:40 AM..

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-20-2015, 11:44 PM

Add Spice to Your Dreams

For this one you are going make an entry that will be part Cessy's Dreamland as seen here! (Remember, the comic isn't out all at once so you might have to be patient to see all the parts!)

Whether you are inspired by the scenery, the fascinating new critters, or the Menewshan residents themselves, be creative, but also fit in. Kinda tricky, I know but that's what makes it fun!

You must include a description of how you fit into the dreamland, why you're there and what you're doing. (4-6 sentences please!) Did I mention Longy and I like to giggle? No? Well, now you know. Just sayin'.

Entry Form:

Spice! Coming up!
Username:
Image of My Entry:
4-6 Sentences:

Quote:
[size=4][color=mediumturquoise][b]Spice! Coming up![/size][/color][/b]
[B]4-6 Sentences:[/B]

Entries:

Nephila
Quote:
Image of My Entry:
4-6 Sentences:
In the world of sweet dreams there are many wonderful career opportunities. This little sugarplum is a dance instructor. She specializes in the Whip and BA-naenae. However, she'll also preform the occasional classic ballet dance of her people.
EirianHikari
Quote:
Image of My Entry:
4-6 Sentences: This is the Lollipop Fairy, she helps people find their way in Dreamland, a tour guide of sorts. It's a big place with lots to explore. The Lollipop Fairy knows her way around all of Dreamland, but follow her instructions closely, Failure to do so may result in a womp from her lollipop! Keep on her good side, and you'll never be lost. :D
bloodstainedwings
Quote:
Image of My Entry:
4-6 Sentences: This is Gingerbread Wife. She had just finished decorating her house when a little girl saw her gingerbread home. The little girl couldnt see Mrs. Gingerbread, since she was finishing the back of the house, when the little girl began to eat the house. By the time that Mrs. Gingerbread saw her, the little girl was pulling out a crucial part... and down wen the house... gumdrops and all. Gingerbread Wife was left with the rubble of her home and only her tears to comfort her.

babyblueyez25
Quote:
Image of My Entry:
4-6 Sentences:
This is little miss icecream and sprinkles.
In her hand is her ice cream cone wand.
Little miss icecream has a very special role in dreamland. She can help change certain aspects of the dream, but she's not easy to find. Maybe the lollipop fairy will be able to help you.
Bearzy
Quote:
Image of My Entry:
4-6 Sentences: Ok, in all honesty, I'm not a cotton-candy-unicorn-pegasus-ninja-knight. But I wasn't about to crush the hopes and dreams of a child! Especially not a child with eyes as wide and wonder-filled as Cessy's! I'm not a heartless cotton-candy-unicorn-pegasus-ninja-knight!
Velvet
Quote:
Image of My Entry:
4-6 Sentences: Hi there, I'm a little cottoncandy Lambit! I love sugar and sweets and will share with you! So just skip on down the cottoncandy trail to find me! But don't mistake my cotton wool for candy! It may be sweet, but it's not for you!
Suona
Quote:
Image of My Entry:
4-6 Sentences: Here we have the very skilled architect, baker, and all around taste-tester of Candyland, Ms. Frosting. What'd you think, that it just came out of nowhere? Poof? Poor Ms. Frosting, so under-appreciated. Here you can see her in her usual state, surrounded by a mess of frosting and chocolate, trying to create masterpieces! Everything you see in Candyland is thanks to her. She is responsible for helping all the people and animals you see, as well as the landscape. She personally tends to the candycane nursery, insuring all the monkeys are well taken care of.
dragoness129
Quote:
Image of My Entry:
4-6 Sentences: Cessy's Dreamland: Where the wind has music and dinos can walk the colored candy path. Oh look! A heartface fox! What is he looking at... Wait! Does that cookie have a face!?
SuperZombiePotatoe
Quote:
Image of My Entry:
4-6 Sentences: Coco the Chocowolf couldn't believe her ears when she heard the news. A real life, non-candy coated, little human girl had been spotted?! Being an explorer by nature she had to see it for herself. Although... perhaps she shouldn't have chosen cuppy cakes and cookies to be her airship crew. They're said to have the navigation skills of gumballs (who are notoriously hollow headed) and before Coco knew it, she had lost her way and her ship and was stranded among the cotton candy clouds. It could've been worse, but she still hoped that they took pity on hitchhikers up here...
Mageling
Quote:
Image of My Entry:
4-6 Sentences: I am the Lorax, and I speak for the-- *Ahem* No, sorry, that's not it. But I do take care of the candypuff trees! I make sure the candies are all as perfect and sweet as can be!
Emma Corrin
Quote:
Image of My Entry:
4-6 Sentences: As darling Cessy trotted down the path, just before she crossed the rainbow bridge for home, she came across a Sugar Plum Princess tending her garden full of sugar plums and colored wheels. The Sugar Plum Princess's job is to make sure that the first thing Cessy sees when she enters her Dreamland, and the last thing she sees before leaving, is something sweetly enticing that fills her with happiness and hope. Before sending Cessy and her little fox friend home, she makes sure to fill her pack with yummy treats! Judging by the big smile on Cessy's face, it would be safe to assume that the Sugar Plum Princess is doing her job quite nicely.
Dystopia
Quote:
Image of My Entry:
4-6 Sentences: Candyland's defender! The pretty guardian in a cottoncandy cape~ Believe in the power of sweets! ... I don't know, I figured if Candyland had a law enforcement force, it'd be magic girls.
Eastriel
Quote:
Image of My Entry:
4-6 Sentences: The next night Cessy returned to her dreamland. She hoped to find the fox once more. She traveled across the rainbow and back to the candy floss woods, only find the candy cane monkeys had become awefully fond of her. As soon as she returned via the rainbow she was nearly bowled over by them all!
Kent
Quote:
Image of My Entry:
4-6 Sentences: Here's a little candy bear in its natural habitat. O: It likes eating gumdrops and candycanes. It's one of candy monkeys fiercest predators. Hope their tails aren't their livelihood. D:

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 12-21-2015, 12:08 AM

WHY DID IT ALL GO WRONG!?!

Holidays are a time for joy, merriment, and having way to much to do in so little time. Something is bound to go wrong. Show your holiday mayhem! Either you experiencing it or causing it.

Word of caution: Just because "mayhem" is a requirement doesn't mean we want to see a clutter monster entry (We'll still accept your entry, but you most likely won't win). Be creative and clever. We dig that. Honest.

Entry Form:

IT'S MAYHEM!
Username:
Image of My Entry:

Quote:
[size=4][color=sandybrown][b]IT'S MAYHEM![/size][/color][/b]

Entries:

ElironaSeiki NovaEirianHikari

NephilabloodstainedwingsWoodlandnymph

star2000shadowbabyblueyez25Roxxxy

SuperZombiePotatoeMagelingblueblackrose

BearzySuonadragoness129

shinigamikarasuVelvetEmma Corrin

EastrielKentxoGizmoox

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-21-2015, 12:09 AM

Reserved for possible monkey cage... if needed
Don't make us. We'll do it.

Last edited by Linnea; 12-23-2015 at 04:02 AM..

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-23-2015, 05:51 AM

a little late to the game but i hope we get some entries soon!

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-23-2015, 06:31 AM

Good to see it up and running. :D

Now to plot away.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-23-2015, 06:37 AM

hey, man. longy and i are two busy cats.... ha... longcat!

but really though, i have to know a trick or some sort of secret to not procrastinating and putting off my school work. it kills me in the end

Babyblueyez25
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-23-2015, 08:46 AM

Yayy avatar contest

---------- Post added 12-23-2015 at 10:29 AM ----------

Sugar Spun Goodness!
Username: babyblueyez25
Image of My Entry:

Last edited by Babyblueyez25; 12-23-2015 at 10:29 AM..

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 12-23-2015, 02:57 PM

'star gets ready to enter this contest oh yeah..' Star is SOOOOO entering all of these they sound super fun.

---------- Post added 12-23-2015 at 09:13 AM ----------

Sugar Spun Goodness!
Username:star2000shadow
Image of My Entry:

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-23-2015, 03:53 PM

nice to see some entries! thanks you two!

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 12-23-2015, 04:17 PM

haha your welcome, star's gonna try for the other ones, its just her brains slow today 'makes face'

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 12-23-2015, 04:19 PM

Oh dear. So tricky this time.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-23-2015, 04:24 PM

it's true!

the prize pot is rather huge this time (it doubled from the last time ) so i hope that means more entries!!

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 12-23-2015, 04:34 PM

I hope so to.. cause that's sure one heck of a sweet christmas gift waiting for us..

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-23-2015, 04:40 PM

sure is! i wish i could participate but it might be frowned upon if i picked myself

Babyblueyez25
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-23-2015, 04:47 PM

Need to try work on the others

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 12-23-2015, 04:51 PM

'pings friends' @My Friends; COME JOIN THE AVI CONTEST there is one sweet prize for the winners.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-23-2015, 05:48 PM

that's one way to call the masses haha

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal

Old 12-23-2015, 05:55 PM

haha, what can I say .. I like being helpful even if its in an annoying sort of way haha.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-23-2015, 06:27 PM

well it's appreciated, star! because then i don't have to do it

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 12-23-2015, 07:21 PM

Wow, I spy two lovely avatars already *o*

*heads off to inventory to see if I can come up with something*

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Old 12-24-2015, 01:55 AM

I don't think you guys get it... My avatar is nearly an accurate representation of my self right now. BTW I hate everyone going last minute shopping right now.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-24-2015, 01:57 AM

someone i work with is doing that lol this is why i shop online! lol