Volucria
*^_^*

Old 10-03-2008, 08:11 PM

Take your time! Real life is more important than the internet. The fact that there'll be multiple poses again makes me very curious, I can't wait to see what you've come up with for us this time ^^

Thank you to the CI-making pixelist for your time and devotion!

Angelbug
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Angelbug

Old 10-03-2008, 08:27 PM

I think everyone can understand how real life gets messy... XD

Kalium
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Kalium

Old 10-03-2008, 08:50 PM

Ouch... Something must be REALLY messed up indeed if the contribution items are this late. jellysundae already told us what was up, but still, I hope the contribution are mind-blowing enough to make us forget all this.

Popcorn Gun
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Penpal

Old 10-03-2008, 09:38 PM

Awww, it's cool.
Life happens right?
Plus it gives people a little bit longer to send in for the super spectacular September CI's.
=' )

I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-03-2008, 10:15 PM

We are hoping so too :sweat: Pax hasn't been seen since she let us know that she has no internet connection yesterday. So we just have to keep on waiting..

Chunsa-chan
Sarang hanindea yo~

Old 10-03-2008, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2hiriyuu View Post
Also I didn't realize the pixelist styles are so different, I understand for CI sets but what are good examples of the different works?
It's really noticible in the older items the diffrences (before alot of them got re-touched. If you have an older version of the mac you can see the diffrences even more).

For example the Hevean and hell set is by Chibi. It's look is alot softer than alot of the items being made now, which have harsher outlines.

Yumehayla made the beggining CIs, but after that you'll notice a change (like the cat set), when another pixelist made the CI's for a bit. (She left Menew for another site)

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-03-2008, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2hiriyuu View Post
It is funny though to watch how the late release changes parts of the exchange thread. It is just amusing, but then again I watch some of the prices like stock, so it is funny.
Out of curiosity - what sort of changes are going on? XD I don't follow the exchange much except the stickies and the price-guide discussion in the mod forum.

Quote:
Also I didn't realize the pixelist styles are so different, I understand for CI sets but what are good examples of the different works?
A lot of users can actually tell exactly which Developer pixeled an item by their style... It's something you develop an eye for and isn't easily explained.

I'll try to explain and hope I don't inadvertently sound as if I'm being negative about the pixelists' work - which I'm not. Tre's style (to me) is very round and soft. Like her items are made out of cotton and marshmallows. They have a very cute and youthful look. [ex: The Egyptian set, the kimono-dresses, the luuv guru set.] Sade's style (to me), on the other hand, takes a firmer hand. Her items generally seem to be made of linen and leather. They have a real sense of 'weight' and texture. [ex: The male steampunk set, the orchid female formal set from Phoenix Jubilee.]

There are other ways I interpret the different pixelists' styles, but I'll stop for there. :B

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 10-03-2008, 11:22 PM

Didn't Bisque do the space set as well as the most recent item update?
His/her (sorry, don't know. D: *shot*) style is really bold and shiny, to me. I like it. :D

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-03-2008, 11:42 PM

Yep! Bisque (a she!) has done the female harem set, the space set, the recent casuals set, and the female steampunk set. :)

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 10-04-2008, 12:14 AM

Ahh, ok, I really never noticed on it. Then again, I haven't ever gotten that use to seeing pixeling . Also it is insane but yeah, the changes are that people keep buying sets so there are becoming a couple more people who keep wanting the set and the price is slowly going down on for the set. I hope later it isn't an issue cause I kind of hope there won't be a huge amount of the sets around for later.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-04-2008, 01:24 AM

It takes awhile to kind of first appreciate pixels beyond the initial reaction (I mean, beyond your first reaction of, "cool!" or "eh..." when you see them.) Pixels weren't really something I paid too close of attention to until coming to Menewsha. I mean, I could totally have an initial reaction to them and generally could say whether they were 'good' or 'bad'... But it takes awhile to catch on to the magic of them, I guess. XD

It helps to get used to the quality of our pixels and then wander over to (some) other avatar websites and see the difference. The best places to go are those that take user submissions - the quality is all over the place there and it'll open your eyes to judging the differences.

Anyway. >_>;

I suppose for the newer members of Menewsha, who want September sets, this is a great deal. :) They can quickly get their first CIs. And since they're multi-equip, the item 'goes further' for them. They can hold-off on buying hand-helds for awhile because they have these. XD

I can see that it'd be bad for those who purchased extras, though, if it takes awhile for their value to rise. But hopefully we'll get more members at a steady rate, so there will be people interested in getting them. :)

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 10-04-2008, 01:28 AM

true, that would be great, so that is part of it, cause I think that the people who are doing major exchanges, the longer the item is avalible, the more out there and the less it costs.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 10-04-2008, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
Yep! Bisque (a she!) has done the female harem set, the space set, the recent casuals set, and the female steampunk set. :)
I thought so. :)
If it isn't obvious by my outfit (almost entirely from those sets xD) I really like those items and her style. :D

Tre Le Coco

Old 10-04-2008, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
Like her items are made out of cotton and marshmallows.
HAHA xD awww man i've never had my work explained like that before :lol:

But yeah, pax has a very smooth realistic style thats rather hard to match, i would seriously love to make the rest of the CI's and give them to yous but;
- my computer is currently dead till tuesday
- i can't mimic the style of the items left >.>;;

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 10-04-2008, 02:43 AM

ahh, that would make perfect sense, mimicking styles is very very hard.

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 10-04-2008, 02:46 AM

Any news on the cis? :)

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-04-2008, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tre Le Coco View Post
HAHA xD awww man i've never had my work explained like that before :lol:
XD I think they're nice... They're the kind of items that look like they'd be really comfortable to wear (especially to bed). XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt Biscuits View Post
Any news on the cis? :)
Unless Paxjah's logged into Menewsha in the hour or so since the last time I last checked the staff room, no. Like was said earlier, she's moving and doesn't have phone line connection. I believe (but may be incorrect in saying) that she tried to connect yesterday and kept getting kicked off.

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 10-04-2008, 02:52 AM

That's disappointing. ._.,

Ah well. n.n Thanks!

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-04-2008, 02:54 AM

I'm really excited about these Contribution Items, myself, so I'm a bit anxious to hear from Paxjah as well. ::laughs:: It's just unfortunate timing and circumstances.

Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 10-04-2008, 02:59 AM

I'll complete the CIs. :3nod: I don't actually know what they are, nor am I very good at pixeling, but I'll make stuff up as I go along.

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 10-04-2008, 03:00 AM

I think those who know what the items are should drop hints to keep us entertained until they arrive. <3

Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 10-04-2008, 03:01 AM

Hint 1: They can be equipped.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-04-2008, 03:13 AM

CAMI!! You're going to spoil everything! :lol:

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 10-04-2008, 03:22 AM

Oh my god Cami! I know exactly what they are~!

They're... they're.... They're ITEMS!

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 10-04-2008, 03:23 AM

he he, that is hilarious. Be patient is the best idea.

Hint 2: they are pretty awesome!