Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 02-13-2009, 06:04 AM

Atlanta, Georgia? That can't be a real place.

Sera
Who Dat Girl
Send a message via MSN to Sera

Old 02-13-2009, 06:07 AM

Well, I might be able to show up after all!

Will you all be there both Saturday and Sunday?

French Vanilla
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-13-2009, 06:07 AM

Aaaah, no, so jealous.
Come to New Yoooork Mene!
D:

Or NJ. I can always take a bus to NJ.
-cries-

I want to meet Omi.
-fangirl times-

Though I doubt Omi remembers me...
> A > ;;

`Kitami
The girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
Send a message via MSN to `Kitami

Old 02-13-2009, 06:23 AM

-cries-
CK, how many miles would you say it is from Atlanta to SW Missouri? D:

Omi
Artistic Angel

Old 02-13-2009, 06:26 AM

D:< Of course I remember the good ol' Gaia times. -whips-

French Vanilla
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-13-2009, 06:34 AM

-blinks-
Omi... you actually remember me?
O A O
-shocked-

Omg, now I really do have to find a way to go from NYC to Atlanta.
Or you know. You guys could come to AnimeNext/MangaNext, I-CON, aka some place near where I live! > A >

Are there actually any plans (however tentative) to possibly visit cons near NY?
-curious-

slowtrain
rude and not ginger

Old 02-13-2009, 06:40 AM

I would so be there if I lived in Atlanta, Georgia... or indeed the USA at all
I wanna jump on CK!

celestial pocky
Wannabe Pixelist
Send a message via AIM to celestial pocky

Old 02-13-2009, 06:41 AM

I'm way to far away or I would =/
There's still a chance for limited stuffs? Nice =D

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 02-13-2009, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt Biscuits View Post
<3 You guys should come to Sakura con too! In Seattle, early May.
I'm going, but I won't be hosting a booth. ^^

@CK & Omi: *foams at the mouth* If only I wasn't so far away and broke I would totally go. D: I would love to harass you two IRL someday.

`L
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-13-2009, 07:06 AM

You guys should totally go to Sakuracon 09 in Seattle ^_^

Burnt-
AMG! We both said the same thing! <3
Where does joo live?
0-0;;

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 02-13-2009, 07:08 AM

@Penguin Seckz: I'll be going to Sakura Con. :3 Maybe we could make an unofficial meet-up with other Mene users.

Nivvy
(っ◔◡◔)&...

Old 02-13-2009, 07:27 AM

Dohhh >.<

Dang New Zealand, and its far awayness.... LOL
I'd loooove to be able to attend something like that <3

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-13-2009, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmereina View Post
OMg that is awesome.. i wish to go so bad... will CK meet me at the airport? ^^;

<3 its ok if you can't ... i just wish i kne how to move around in Georgia..

maybe come to one of NYC's convention one day? ^^
LOL. I won't even be driving. CK does not drive in big cities. (Omi was kind enough to offer her services, else I would have asked a family member. XD)

You would want to look into the MARTA train system as there is a MARTA station in the airport itself which, if I'm not mistaken, may have a stop either at the university itself, or nearby. So all you'd have to do is purchase a ticket and ride the train to the correct stop. :) Of course, you'll need a place to stay too. I can't help you there either. XD;

There are no solid plans for future conventions. But I do know that there is another convention in March that might have a Menewsha get-together since two more staff members are going and live in the area. I'm sure once plans are more solid there they'll also be announced.

We do hope to officially have presence in conventions across the country, but it will largely depend on the staff's ability to travel there ourselves on our own dime (so - either local to us or a place we were going anyway) and either put together a get-together or get a table somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Spirit Girl View Post
Ack! :headdesk: You should have told us about this SIX MONTHS AGO!!!! Then we would have been able to make con plans. Con goers make their plans usually a year in advance.

Also, I may have to send a relative to the con for me. They live in Monroe, Georgia.
Like Omi said... plans were not solid until just recently. It took us a few days to hammer out exactly what we would be able to do. We let you guys know honestly as soon as we could. ^^; Even if we'd told you guys a week ago, we didn't have enough details to make an announcement about it. :x

Quote:
Originally Posted by St Branny View Post
So the limited edition items have begun....
Limited edition items already existed, though. Don't be silly. :)

Like I said in my original post, going to the convention won't be the only way to get a copy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded Geisha View Post
On a completely unrelated note... What is the name of that Gorgeous top you are wearing CK?:angel:
Uuhm.... Ivory Big Top Corset. It's in Menewsha Imports, I think. If not, try Wonderland Boutique. XD It comes in several colors. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sera View Post
Well, I might be able to show up after all!

Will you all be there both Saturday and Sunday?
Yep - we'll be there both days. :3 If we're not at the table itself, we'll try to leave a note about when to expect us back. Otherwise, one of us should be at the table at reasonable times. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cami View Post
Atlanta, Georgia? That can't be a real place.
It's not, really.... :' It's kinda like Vegas in that it's a mirage of reality....

Quote:
Originally Posted by `Kitami View Post
-cries-
CK, how many miles would you say it is from Atlanta to SW Missouri? D:
Uuhm. Let's see... My dad used to live near Branson, Missouri for work... He'd drive home to North Alabama frequently and it'd take him about 9 hours or so to make the drive, depending on traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Vanilla View Post

Are there actually any plans (however tentative) to possibly visit cons near NY?
-curious-
Probably not anytime soon... I can't think of any staff member off the top of my head who lives in the area. But I am tired, so I'm probably forgetting people. XD;

However, there's always the possibility in the future that we'll be able to go to other conventions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowtrain View Post
I would so be there if I lived in Atlanta, Georgia... or indeed the USA at all
I wanna jump on CK!
LOL. Why jump on me? :cry:

But I can tell you, I'd love the excuse to visit Australia again. So one day in the future, if Menewsha will have a presence at an Australian convention, I'll try to go. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferra View Post
@CK & Omi: *foams at the mouth* If only I wasn't so far away and broke I would totally go. D: I would love to harass you two IRL someday.
XD Try to plan for next year? I don't see myself moving out of the South-Eastern US anytime soon. I'm seriously considering purchasing a lifetime membership to Dragon*Con in Atlanta and I certainly would want to try to go to other conventions across the US so I'm sure we'll meet up sometime. X3

Omi
Artistic Angel

Old 02-13-2009, 07:47 AM

I think the world would implode the second the three of us met, Ferra. I'm sorry. This must never happen for the sake of existence. u_u

J/K. Ret's do it for greater justice of human being!

Who knows what the future brings and what cons we'll visit. I guess it really starts to be a question of which cons are the most popular among our users and if the staff member(s) can stomach the costs and time to get to it/get a table/etc.

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 02-13-2009, 07:52 AM

@Omi: Indeed, I could imagine the earth tearing itself asunder in the wake of such an unholy alignment. D:

Well I could probably swing a California based Con and those tend to be some of the most popular ones. :3 *hopes for the future*

Quantum Angel
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Ah! All the way on the OPPOSITE side of the country from me! T_T CURSE YOU! :illgetu:

Eh, just kidding. XD Hope to see you in my area of the country sometime, though!

Edit: Aaand right as I was typing this...wow. XD *hugs Ferra*

tirethminet
the leenie
Send a message via AIM to tirethminet

ack. georgia. motherland of all conventions.
google says it's only 15 hours driving.
course i'm too much of a chicken to drive to downtown, 15-20 minutes away. D:
come to texas~~~ we don't bite.
and there's still three major cons coming up this year. (and a bajillion tiny ones)
ikkicon is passed, but anime matsuri, a-kon, and san japan are still coming! (one for each major city. @_@)

Last edited by tirethminet; 02-13-2009 at 07:55 AM..

French Vanilla
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-13-2009, 08:01 AM

I wish I lived in Atlanta.
-has always wanted to go to Dragon*Con-

Why didn't I pick a college in Atlanta?
-weeps-

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 02-13-2009, 08:08 AM

*checked with Google maps* It's apparently a 40 hour drive from where I live. @__@;

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-13-2009, 08:16 AM

I've been to San Diego ComiCon and Anime-Expo (both California-based conventions, even if AX seems to bounce cities near the LA area...) and know they're great fun. So I'd be up for going to one of those some year. :) Don't know if I could manage this year, but next is certainly plausible. XD

Omi
Artistic Angel

Old 02-13-2009, 08:18 AM

Oh, you can totally swing that, Ferra. Coward! D:<

I'd love to go to AX someday-- time and resources willing. I'd almost go to A-kon and/or Otakon again. Those are still like 14 hour drives though and I've never driven it myself. >.<

I'm possibly looking at going to Pe rsacon this year since its in my hometown. Depends on how expensive they make it this year. I also love to play tourguide to my hometown to constrangers. Here is our McDonald's! And here is our tree! This is our paved road, pride of our ancestors, loved by all!

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 02-13-2009, 08:29 AM

@Omi: Well I could always walk. XD Google says it'd only take me 36 days and 1 hour on foot.

Someday I'll travel, but I'm not planning on centering my vacations on Cons since they're expensive, even when they're local. D: California wouldn't be bad though since I have people I could travel with and relatives in the area I could visit.

I play tour guide sometimes, but the big Con comes to Seattle which even I'm not terribly familiar with even though I've lived relatively close my whole life.

Sakura_Madison
The Lover of Red
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Sakura_Madison Send a message via MSN to Sakura_Madison Send a message via Yahoo to Sakura_Madison

Old 02-13-2009, 09:05 AM

Aww, I wish I could go, but I have to serve my country that weekend. D;

I wish everyone the best of luck on going down to the con!

I hope to see another con event for Menewsha soon.

padfootsy
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to padfootsy

Old 02-13-2009, 09:38 AM

If I didn't live in California, I'd go. Any chance of comic-con 09 or the like?
Although I do have some friends that live there... too bad I'm completely broke >.<

The closest I'll get is... I'm going to Texas with my roommate's band for South by Southwest on March 19-20. I'm already missing school for that... >.> I don't think my teachers would be happy if i missed the whole week.

Last edited by padfootsy; 02-13-2009 at 09:45 AM..

slowtrain
rude and not ginger

Old 02-13-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
LOL. Why jump on me? :cry:

But I can tell you, I'd love the excuse to visit Australia again. So one day in the future, if Menewsha will have a presence at an Australian convention, I'll try to go. XD
Jumping on is the highest form of affection!
Forget all that messy love stuff, jumping on is where it's at!

You should come to AvCon, it's in July
*pesters*
come to avcon, come to avvvcooonnn, have an excuse to come to Austraaalliiaaa!![/color]