:squee:
Justice! SASH!
::grabby hands::
:drool:
:squee:

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 06-02-2009, 03:32 AM

xD I laughed so hard at the Peeblo the Imp previews!

As always, Tre, Bisque, wish04, and Omi, you guys are amazing. *_*

Rad Lionheart
(ó㉨ò)
Send a message via AIM to Rad Lionheart Send a message via MSN to Rad Lionheart

Old 06-02-2009, 07:45 AM

I am really liking these items, THEY COVER ME UP SO WELL.

psyrien
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-02-2009, 09:05 AM

Pretty, pretty~ Can't wait to get my hands on them.

stormiie
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via Yahoo to stormiie

Old 06-02-2009, 09:15 AM

oooh I can't wait to get them <33

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 06-02-2009, 10:17 AM

I'm lovin' the Blind Justice. :yes:

I'm not too fond of the Imp though...the poses and colors kinda put me off. :( The tail does look wonderful though, I've always been fond of tails.

Oh, and just a question...is the link on the home page asking us for feedback supposed to be http://www.menewsha.com? I thought it was supposed to link to a thread like this of some sort and not just back to the home page? :sweat:

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 06-02-2009, 10:17 AM

I really wish there was a white sash that went around the arms (like the blue one), a blue version of the white body sash, and that both would also have a pose without the little beady-looking things trailing off of them.

The imp I'm not sure if I like. It seems a little... Well, to put it simply, the quality of appearance just hasn't met the standards Menewsha has been building for itself, especially as far as CIs go.

Don't get me wrong, I kinda like the imp, but I feel the detailing with the shading could've been better.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to sound snobbish, but I wouldn't spend actual money buying the imp. The blind justice, yes. The imp? No.

The blind justice is amazing, and I've been hoping for something with blind folds. Kinda wish there was an option for a black one, too, but I guess that would destroy the blue/white theme. I just find it a little sad that the blindfold on the CI means there's most likely no chance that blindfolds will emerge as commons, because they'd probably be too similar.

I hope this was more along the lines of 'constructive' feedback.

By the way, the 'here' link in the announcement/banner thing doesn't actually work. It doesn't bring you directly here. Just thought I'd point that out.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 06-02-2009, 10:43 AM

I love the blind justice!
SO PRETTY! :D

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 06-02-2009, 11:10 AM

I like the blind justice the wrap sashy thing is really cool.
As for the peeblo, the lil imp thing is cute. But what is up with the box thing? I dunno ... but i didn't like that feature as much.

tigerangel
(ó㉨ò)
Penpal

Old 06-02-2009, 11:14 AM

I love the blind justice, not too sure how I'll use the imp. I'm sure I'll come up with something. The box is very pretty and I'm sure I'll be able to incorporate it into some bright outfits. Great job you guys. :heart:

yar im pocky
pocky

Old 06-02-2009, 11:14 AM

I like them.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-02-2009, 11:18 AM

Hmm, I've clearly done something wrong with that link...*goes to look at another one to see what it was* HTML is not my strong point xD
AH! That should work now, just missed the = out.

Cricket, I get you wanting the sashes in different colours, but we have to draw a line somewhere as I'm sure you understand. The same as with commons, we can't just do everything in every colour, it wouldn't be realistic. And a blue body sash wouldn't be at all authentic for Lady Justice either, she's always dressed in white.

The blue sash wasn't originally intended to be a seperate item at all, that and the two individual scales were one complete piece, but we split them into three to give people more versatility.
But having to re-colour both, and remove the beading on them too would have meant 8 versions of the sashes altogether, I think you can see that that would be complete overkill.

As you say with the black, wouldn't have fitted with the set at all, and again, it's just recolours for the sake of it, which isn't what we want CIs to be. We do try to give people a more neutral alternative with some CIs, as we have with the sets of armour, but we wouldn't add even more colours for a generic item like a blindfold, as that would be wasting an item that could be used elsewhere.

I personally like Peeblo a lot, I'm unsure why some think his shading is amiss, I can understand him not being to some people's personal taste because he's not a "safe" item and people don't like stepping out of their comfort zone, I feel some people aren't giving the poor little dude much of a chance though. But that's why people have the options to equip his hair, tail and eyes themselves, because it gives more choice to those who don't like him or his box :yes:

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 06-02-2009, 11:26 AM

Maybe, the imp's shading is missing because... the patterns or tattoos or marks it had is just so cramped, so the details just look too sharp? perhaps. It looks to me like that anyway.

I love the blind Justice, typically the style I want. and love.

As for the IMP, hmm, I am with most of people here, I don't like it. So, better no comment.

But as a CI, I thought the theme of a CI should be a generally liked themed and style? I just don't see it as cute like the animals, as glorious like heaven, as evil like devil, as grand as most of the CIs... but yes, personal preference, I can see people liking it...

(No offense intended.)

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 06-02-2009, 11:31 AM

I'm not too fond of the Imp - just simply because it's not my style of a creature~
(I much prefer the cute and cuddly animals to the more demonic looking ones)

I absolutely ADORE the Blind Justice though <33

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-02-2009, 11:36 AM

Ah, but how are we meant to know what people like?

We have a suggestion thread that has the same bunch of people posting in it all the time, no-one else bothers really, apart from people wanting daft things like flying purple penguins and fruit hats and other silliness that would be greeted with general WTFness by most people probably xD

Many people want "generic" items, but many others call us out if we go down that route. Our eternal problem is that it's impossible to please everyone. Especially when people say one thing, then completely contradict themselves the next time around ><
You see our dilemma?

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 06-02-2009, 11:55 AM

You know, I think while the imp was a good idea in theory, it just doesn't translate well into a pixeled item the way that you guys wanted. There are so many tiny details that you tried to fit on to him, that it didn't translate well into pixel form. The small detailings on the face and the way the eyes were pixeled look odd, and aside from all the other detailings (stripes/skull on chest), it looks rather flat. They eyes are a little awkward and it would be really hard to use them well in most outfits. I feel they're too much like a halloween gag-type makeup.

As far as the overall poses, the hair and tail are the best, though by far still not great. The hair to me doesn't look proportionate. It should be a bit larger to fit more of the detailing of the red streaks into it and to cover just a bit more of the head. The way its pixeled makes it look like a very thin mohawk.

Of the items, I think I appreciate the boxes most just for their craftsmanship. I think they're the most interesting poses to look at but I wouldn't use them. I'm also not really a fan of items that just kind of sit there around your avatar so that's a bit of a personal bias for me as I don't find them as usable as other items.

The backstory was cute though.

The Blind Justice is definitely a more usable item. The colors are simple and the detailing of the poses work better than the Imp.

For the scales, I would rather do the one in each hand poses rather than the weighing scales just because I think it's more aesthetically pleasing that way. The weighing scales are a bit too bulky for my tastes.

I prefer the white sash to the blue purely based on size and shape, with the white being more subtle and compact than the blue one. The blindfolds are both really nice, though the white one will definitely come in handy more often. I've been wanting blindfolds so kudos to you!

And the swords aren't bad. I really liked the one in the ground. That was kind of interesting. I wouldn't have thought of that myself.

okamimyst
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to okamimyst Send a message via Yahoo to okamimyst

Old 06-02-2009, 11:58 AM

Both of the CI's are really well done! Very nice. Personally, I prefer the Blind Justice, but that's just me.

Anoni
is a cool kid.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:01 PM

I really like the Blind Justice item. :) It's pretty, and I like the blindfolds and sashes. I'm content with the number of poses/colours.. I don't think it's necessary to do any more.

The idea behind Pleebo is funny and cute but the item iteself is just not my cup of tea. I'm not that into pets and things that sit next to your avatar, so I can't really see myself using those particular poses. I can see myself using the eyes and tail, and though they're interesting, they just don't contain the wow factor for me like the Blind Justice poses do.

Hazuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-02-2009, 12:02 PM

Cute items. <3 ^_^

.Jazzed
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to .Jazzed

Old 06-02-2009, 12:08 PM

I personally like the imp CI.
Granted, it's not for everyone.
It definitely takes "dark and strange" to the next level from other CIs
The boxes in the Imp CI are... strange.
Gotta say I don't much get the significance.
But the position where he's mooning you? Adorable!
The contacts are... weird.
Kinda make your Avi look stoned.
But that could made beneficial, I'm sure.
The mohawk is definitely the best part =3
My raven ankle wings cover the tail when I wear it so I have no comment on that one.

As for the blind justice, I think the detail was well done. I, too, wanted the sashe's in multiple colors. However I get why it wasn't.
I like the theme.
Though, I'm pretty sure she has a long shall that goes down to her knees at least, if not her feet.
Still, you can never go wrong with white.

I like them both, but I think there have been and will again be better ones.

Can I suggest a theme for a future CI set? This should probably go somewhere else but I couldn't find the thread... Just s quicky ;)... Aliens! Or an alien more specifically. Not "E.T.", he was wrinkly and weird. Something more "X-Files" :cool: That'd be sweet. You can call him Martian, or whatever. And you can make a background that's UFOs, and a hat made of tinfoil :yes:
You could balance it off with a Star Trek CI, since that's gotten pretty popular again. I don't know which you'd pick from... probably the recent movie (the original ST). Get the Spock face, and the Enterprise Outfit (maybe in more than one color).
:D

Stardragon
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-02-2009, 12:10 PM

I'm not too fond of the items. Even though items are well drawn.

Aaeryn
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-02-2009, 12:15 PM

Guys, awesome job! I absolutely love both CI's. Especially the Peeblo set! Too cute, I can't wait to see both of em being used around here. :)

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-02-2009, 12:35 PM

Thank you for the detailed feedback guys! It really and truly is appreciated! It's very hard to know what we're getting right or wrong with items when all people say is, "I love them :D" or, "Won't be getting these" and so on, that doesn't give us anything to go on for the future.

It would seem that we always run a bit of a risk when it comes to "companion" items, which was why we gave the alternate options with his tail and so on being equipable, but it certainly seems out of all item genres that those are the most liable to get a distinct love/hate response. But this is a constant learning process for us.

OT, but .Jazzed's Edward Cullen Peeblo is cracking me up :XD

.Jazzed, a lot of what you're suggesting would get us sued for copywrite infringement I'm afraid, but the thread you want is a sticky in Site Feedback :yes:

ancellacak
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-02-2009, 12:40 PM

I really like the Blind Justice items =D But the Imp I think could have been done just a little bit better :) But he still looks pretty awesome xD

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 06-02-2009, 12:43 PM

I love the blind justice, but I feel like the imp is you guys trying to hard to please people, it is ok, but I am much happier with just a simpler looking character.