jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-03-2010, 12:45 AM

So, I'm taking a break from smacking my head against the wall repeatedly over the big old mess that collecting the profession EIs has turned into, to ask you guys something!

First off though I want to say sorry, no actually, let's make that SORRY for there being such a monster amount of borkage =_= I know a lot of you are understandably annoyed about it, but you can bet your life that it's nowhere near as much as we are! ><

For those of who might feel this chaos is because we don't test anything, you couldn't be more wrong, lol. The issue here is that the coding for the event overran by a whole two weeks, with it frequently being done wrong so testing was severely inhibited, and no matter how much you test you just can't recreate "live" conditions because those live conditions with hundreds of people on at once often cause the problems. Things can work fine with a smaller group of people testing, then asplode when the numbers suddenly increase hugely!

Anyway, here's hoping that nothing as frustrating as this happens again. Sadly we can't guarantee that, but steps have been taken to ensure that the cause of the problems for this event will never be bothering us again. (that's cryptic I know but it's all you're getting from me!)

Yeah, I was going to ask you all a question, wasn't I! So here it is...

Kinda...

There's too much bork to fix the profession EIs in time with code, so our only options are whatever we do do code-free, sooo...

======================

EDIT:

All Event Items (rares) - both the 'regular' ones and the 'profession tools' are in the "Build" page in Team Headquarters.

If for some reason you can't see them, please click here and bypass the coding:
http://www.menewsha.com/events/jubil...x.php?do=build

You should see them perfectly fine in Firefox which is, of course, the browser that Menewsha prefers!

IrrelevantX

Nevermind about this bit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here's the question!

How would you guys feel if we put them in the event store for you to buy with your event credits?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We've been going back and forth about this all day because it would be tedious in the extreme for people who have a lot of everything to clicky clicky clicky away and have to hop between professions numerous times to be able to use up what they've collected, but there's not really any other option open to us so we're kinda stuffed :(

We don't want to just put them in the shop for a cheap gold price because that would make them valueless, we'd rather try to make it as fair as possible, so you pay the credit equivalent of what you would have "paid" for them in petals or gears or spanners, so you're not getting more than what you've actually earned. The closet we can get to that is 2 credits per item.

Now we'd have to give these a gold price too (or you'd be able to grab them for nothing!) So we'd probably set that high enough to prevent anyone (in their right mind, lol) from actually buying them with gold.

So, there you have it. It would be a very jury-rigged fix but it really is all that's available to us, would you guys absolutely hate it if we did this?

Jesmond
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Jesmond Send a message via MSN to Jesmond

Old 06-03-2010, 12:50 AM

I personally think that's a pretty sound idea, especially after you stated that the gold price would be a LOT higher than the credit value (making it fair). It seems like an easy, manageable solution to me. :)

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 06-03-2010, 12:55 AM

I agree. It sounds like a good plan. :yes:

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

If there is nothing else to be done, then its better than not getting them at all, But maybe take off the limit of sets per person?

Seraphi
⊙ω⊙

I think this would allow a lot of people who were unable to get the items.
This suggestion and idea to me, sounds fair and reasonable.

red rose
\ (•◡•) /
Banned
Send a message via AIM to red rose

Old 06-03-2010, 12:56 AM

maybe you should just have it so you can only buy with tickets

Sinister Sassy
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-03-2010, 12:56 AM

I agree on all points; thanks for coming up with a fix!

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 06-03-2010, 12:57 AM

it's a perfectly good idea. and makes it fair for everyone 'nods'

Ember Mist
"an individual with an inordinat...
Send a message via MSN to Ember Mist

very good idea lol.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Sounds good to me. :)

Next time we need someone to keep AfroDonkeh on a short leash. Naughty Borker!

Xxbl00dyxangelxX
*^_^*

Sounds reasonable to me.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

In answer to your question - i don't mind. I think it's a good idea.

Lunna Dea
Lady of Niflheim, Mistress of Sh...
Send a message via Yahoo to Lunna Dea

go for it. it sounds GOOD

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

im thinking its unanamus..ethir that or we just REALLY want those items >_>

Azntwins
(。・ω・&...

It's a good idea~
Now I kinda regret buying them from people. O:

musikfreakx
you are a hurricane prone area, ...

Seeing as I'm clueless how to get gears, or even what is going with the "team gasket", etc. thing, I can't really state whether or not it sounds good. But, seeing by what other people post I suppose so. I don't even know if I have event credits... I'm so clueless right now! Blame my slow, uncreative day I've had.

ChOcOlAtE_PiE
Hoogaly Boogaly Bear
Send a message via MSN to ChOcOlAtE_PiE Send a message via Yahoo to ChOcOlAtE_PiE

Old 06-03-2010, 12:58 AM

Sounds like a pretty good plan to me *nods head*

scholar
yes, really

I, too, think that's a fair solution. I didn't quite understand that bit about hopping between professions -- would we just be able to buy all of them no matter what our primary and secondary professions?

Whisper Invictus
is in your head.

Penpal

Guess that would work. I just want the Gasket set cuz I couldn't grab it before it borkehd~ :)

Frozen Serenity
*^_^*

Old 06-03-2010, 12:59 AM

This sounds fair. It does ^.^

siaasgn
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

That sounds like a reasonable solution to me- especially since we have some extra time to collect and make tickets to trade for the items. :yes:

Omnomnom
~*~Becca~*~

Borkage happens. 2 credits each sounds pretty fair to me, as it is the same as spending 12 items. Plus, it would be a *little* eaiser if some weren't quite as lucky to get 12 of a single item, but more of another.

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

I'll love you regardless of what you choose. xD

I'll be happy to buy them from the event store for credits though. (: I've got more than enough seeds to get extra credits. xD

Scribbled Lore
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Scribbled Lore Send a message via MSN to Scribbled Lore Send a message via Yahoo to Scribbled Lore

Putting the profession sets in the event store isn't a bad idea - it might even be a good idea! - and a lot of why I feel this way about the issue is because you were open and honest about the fact that it wouldn't be possible to get the coding fixed in time. I say go for it!

Good idea!

Tayet
⊙ω⊙

I don't have any of the items yet so it would be nice to actually get them. That idea sounds fine to me.