Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 08-23-2010, 02:57 AM

I know that school starting was mentioned, but there are also other sites having activities at this time, too, that distract from posting here.

Roliana is having an event.

Kinsaki is having an event.

Zantarni is having an event.

Solai is having an event.

Gaia is having an event.

Celainia is having an event.

Varus is going to have an event this coming week.

Ernya is having some limited store items available in it's shops.

Ummmm. I was wondering if Menewsha would be having an event, but I have no idea about that presently.

*Gets out telescope and scans night sky for shooting stars.*

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-23-2010, 03:08 AM

Hm... I don't mind too much really. ^^;

Rylynne
your resident bonafide coffee ad...

Old 08-23-2010, 03:18 AM

Hmm...

Personally, I'm not sure I like this. xDD;; But like I said, it's for personal reasons, because ever since I've been swamped in schoolwork playing games once in a while was the only way I could get up-to-date with Mene's items, events, and so on. >.<;;

But, setting aside personal reasons, I can see how your theory would work (aka lowering amount of gold gained through games to get people to post more). I wonder though if, like someone has already mentioned somewhere in here, people who rely on games would just fill up the 250g gap and then go. xDD;; Heck, I'll be honest, that's probably what I'm going to do till my sembreak comes along (unless an event comes where I force Mene into my schedule, or if I find the time to chat with people again). ^^;;

We shall see how this goes though~ :'> <3<3

Siipu
From Winter to Spring

Old 08-23-2010, 03:41 AM

Yeah, this is propably going to make a lot of people angry, but I think this is a good idea. I usually get bored trying to reach the 500g per day. ofcourse dropping the daily ammount to 250 gold per day, will make gold earning harder, but atleast people are not spending too much time on playing the games. C:

So, I hope this works and people starts talking to each other more. :]

Sandy
Paws Up!
Penpal

Old 08-23-2010, 03:47 AM

I don't really care, I dont like teh games :)

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 08-23-2010, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylynne View Post
I wonder though if, like someone has already mentioned somewhere in here, people who rely on games would just fill up the 250g gap and then go.
I'm afraid that's what might end up happening to me. I don't mean that in the sense that Menewsha revolves around me or anything, but my "My Account" page has been really dull lately or when I do have updated threads, I rarely have anything to say anymore.

KillingFrost
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-23-2010, 04:00 AM

I am an extremely loyal patron of Menewsha, have been since I joined. The chatting is awesome and I am an avid poster when I can be, but lately the games is my main source of saving up for a giant giveaway.
Thanks for pretty much screwing that over. Not exactly pleased at this time.

I'll continue to participate in donating to the site until the end of the year and then I am out of here.

(This is Queen_Andais's mule)

Safiah
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-23-2010, 04:00 AM

No[oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo]! I play games to supplement my boring lectures and treat myself to breaks in homework. I don't have time to surf the forums for something that I can chat about AND pay attention. I'm not going to make my goal >:O

rhameil
What D:
Send a message via MSN to rhameil

Old 08-23-2010, 04:09 AM

Lol, I just saw that on my mule. I was just playing tetris for an hour getting 0 gold when I should have been getting 50.
I was like "WTH IS GOING ON?!" Then I saw that I had made "250 gold of 250 gold" then I made this outrageous face at my computer screen.
Anyway I think this is a great idea. I know I will be posting more because I need many many golds.I don't like it though. -hates typing-

leasfy
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to leasfy

Old 08-23-2010, 04:31 AM

Noooo!!! but why? :gonk:
i mean think of this...
would not posts bigger than games when it comes to taking space for memory drive?
and beside lotsa people are in quest....

Leerah
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-23-2010, 04:31 AM

School starts for me tomorrow :/, and most of last week-ish and stuff was spent preparing for that not posting on menewsha.

I don't like it. And I know that I'm not going to try and post more than I normally do. Even if I see a super active thread that I usually don't post in, I'm not going to go out of my way to post in it, even though the cap has been lowered[[and if it stays lowered]].
I'm pretty much just going to be posting how I normally do, in the threads I'm normally in. And I'm pretty sure most people are going to be doing the same, it just gets too awkward and you always worry if no one talks to you, even though this community is really nice and friendly and everything.

And usually I had time to chat a bit every other day, maybe a few posts or two on my busier days. And that was pretty much just during summer. Now that schools starting up and I really need to focus on that[[first year at community college]] I have even less time to chat, and the games were my little guarantee of getting a pretty decent amount of gold that day, since [[like a ton of people on Menewsha]] I have a super giant quest.

And as other people have mentioned, people who normally chat, will chat, and people who normally just play games and maybe even leave. A few more people might try to find their place in a hangout or two, but not too much of a bump of increased posting. Least that's what I'm pretty sure of.

I don't really know how much sense that post made, but yeah, hopefully it's pretty understandable and all. ._.

Melissa
*^_^*

Old 08-23-2010, 04:34 AM

I hardly ever post and I don't play games.

Honestly most people just sound really greedy in this thread whining about not getting enough gold for playing games. This is a FORUM guys not a game site.

Alaunt
Cute Things Kill People

Old 08-23-2010, 04:37 AM

Aw! But I do think that it will be a good thing to see if it increases the posting rate. Just now, it'll take me longer to get the gold I need. >.<

Cicadetta
Rambling Woolgatherer
Send a message via AIM to Cicadetta Send a message via MSN to Cicadetta

Old 08-23-2010, 04:57 AM

Melissa, it's certainly a forum site. But it's also an avatar site. And dressing up our avatars like the digital paper dolls they are is a game in its own right. And it takes gold to play that game.

That said, I'm not convinced that this will encourage socializing, not in the way that events do. Either you're in the mood to chat or role-play, or you're not. And if gold is your primary motivation for chatting then... well, I can't imagine that would help the quality of the conversation. Just the quantity.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-23-2010, 05:01 AM

I really don't think this is a good idea at all. That means people won't play the games as much and eventually unless there is an even going on people run on of things to say and thus they will not post more or less. I don't think this is going to help, if anything it will frustrate users who are trying to make more gold and after they reach their two hundred and fifty cap they may post a little bit longer and then log off sooner whereas it takes longer to make the five hundred gold cap. It takes long enough to make gold on this site as it stands. Actually what they could do as an alternative is increase the amount of gold you get from posting, instead of a twenty gold post, they could increase it to thirty instead.

@Cicadetta ~ I agree one hundred percent with what you said. You are either in the mood to chit-chat or role play or you're not. It's really that simple. People take times in when they want to post or not.

Last edited by Kole_Locke; 08-23-2010 at 05:15 AM..

Leerah
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-23-2010, 05:20 AM

@Cicadetta
I agree, whenever I chat then it's not just because I make gold from chatting, I like the people I'm talking with and there's a conversation going. If I'm only chatting for gold, then well, I probably wouldn't bother to chat to be honest I'd have nothing to say except to ramble on and use excessively long words probably not making much sense. :/
And if I'm not in the mood, I'll either have very short posts, or I'll take forever to respond because I just won't feel like it.

Wynna
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-23-2010, 05:24 AM

Doesn't bother me much, I don't play them all that often. I think I have rarely reached the gold limit any ways.

Kelken
Ninja Kelli

Old 08-23-2010, 05:26 AM

BOOO! Gaming is the primary way I gets me gold. I'm shy...rather not talk to people in real life so I thought I could just play some games, win some gold and play dress-up with my doll. Oh well, there's always my Sims.

Kah Hilzin-Ec
The little creep with the weird ...
Send a message via MSN to Kah Hilzin-Ec

Old 08-23-2010, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicadetta View Post
Either you're in the mood to chat or role-play, or you're not. And if gold is your primary motivation for chatting then... well, I can't imagine that would help the quality of the conversation. Just the quantity.
That was worth an instantaneous ~dun dun DOOM~ in my head. You mean it would encourage spamming and non-sensical rambling? :gonk:

amyrex2
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-23-2010, 05:46 AM

Umm Okay mommy....giggles...I am one of the guilty ones so I cant really say much. I tend to play a lot of games to earn money for events, show up then and then spend it all. I hope you don't get too much neg feedback. For the record this is not neg feedback...

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 08-23-2010, 05:56 AM

Inserts Two Cents into slot

Personally, I don't have a problem with it and it seems most regular posters don't as well. We're here for the community after all. If I just wanted the games, I'd go off and join a game site. As it is, hitting the 500 cap is so tedious. Even with the new cap, I probably won't hit it much since I rarely play the games, enjoyable as they are. I earn my gold from posting and interacting with people and that's how I prefer it.

I'm rather amused at people's indignance at being forced to chat. Here's an idea, if you won't want to chat, don't join a forum with that specific purpose. Oh sure, we have really cute avatars to dress up, but if all you want to do is dress up and never participate, go to TekTek and make free Gaia avis to your heart's content. Besides, I don't see the point of dressing up an avatar if you never chat to show it off to others.

I understand people being shy, but sometimes you have to take chances. I run a thread for shy people and it's become the largest thread on Menewsha. I don't think it's a coincidence. Shy people DO want to participate and chat, they just need an in. I think this is your chance. Put your foot out. We have a brilliant community. Don't let it go to waste!

I also understand that people who are questing might be upset, but other than that, most whining just seems like greed.

And to be slightly more pessimistic, I don't see this changing people much. The ones who don't want to socialize still won't. I don't have a problem with the drop in the gold limit, but I'm not sure it's the solution for the drop in activity.

Winter Wind
SORRY GUYS. D: I'm SUPERR busy a...
Send a message via AIM to Winter Wind Send a message via MSN to Winter Wind

Old 08-23-2010, 05:59 AM

Er, maybe it's because school has started for a lot of high schoolers?
=/

I've had so much stuff to do this past two weeks.
So whether you lower the cap or not, it's not going to affect my posting rate, which will be pretty low until college applications are done.
However, I think it might anger a lot of questers...

blitzy
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-23-2010, 06:01 AM

Even though I tend to be more of a lurker and when I want gold I head over to the games I actually really support this idea.
The site is suppose to be about the forum after all, so it makes sense that you are trying to encourage users to spend more time there. I've been meaning to try and post more anyway. And since I tend to get bored with the games after a while (usually before I reach 500g) it probably won't affect me that much.
The games are ment to aid but not be the main source of income and entertainment on the site.
So it takes a little longer to get the items you want if you chose not to chat, not a big deal. If it is a major thing to you prehaps you need to take a break from the computer, they're just pixels.

Nichi
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Nichi Send a message via MSN to Nichi Send a message via Yahoo to Nichi

Old 08-23-2010, 06:10 AM

This isn't a bad idea but I feel sorry for questers. I was one once a poor newbie and if it weren't for that 1k a day I'd never have gotten to where I am now. I just think it's a little unfair for new users of the site to have such a dent in the money making process when there are so many users before that had the advantage of 500 gold (1k with mules) a day. D:

It won't hurt me personally though, I'm pretty much done with all my questing and I hardly log on these days anymore either.. but I do hope that the forums become more active in the meantime and maybe help lower prices too :'D and maybe, I'll become more active myself.

Hollywood
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-23-2010, 06:23 AM

No freakouts from me, Jelly. I have played the games.... oh.... once?
I come for the company <3