Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-28-2010, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyStarr View Post
DX You could always start a German Thread in Menewsha Nation. I know there's a Japanese one somewhere, and likely some other languages. And I'm sure there are other Germans on this site, as well as German students who would benefit tons from a place where they could practice. >.> <.< >.>
I didn't know that threads in a foreign language were allowed on here. For some reason, I can't remember if it was on here or on Gaia that someone got repremanded for having a thread in a foreign language.

Jezriel
(^._.^)ノ
Penpal

Old 08-28-2010, 06:51 PM

How has this been working out so far? Have the forums seen any increace in posting since the game cap was lowered? It would be interesting to know how this experiment is working out. I support keeping the cap lowered anyway.

(I remember the old games with their even smaller cap so this is like, meh, to me.)

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-28-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezriel View Post
How has this been working out so far? Have the forums seen any increace in posting since the game cap was lowered? It would be interesting to know how this experiment is working out. I support keeping the cap lowered anyway.

(I remember the old games with their even smaller cap so this is like, meh, to me.)
I would think that there is definitely more posting going on especially since there is a contest to win an I-Pod for the most interesting thread that has more people on facebook liking it. So that may be why posting has increased some a bit as well, not just because they lowered the game gold cap or increased the amount of gold you get from posting.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-28-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kole_Locke View Post
I didn't know that threads in a foreign language were allowed on here. For some reason, I can't remember if it was on here or on Gaia that someone got repremanded for having a thread in a foreign language.
Try reading the rules ;)

Quote:
Posting in languages other than English

English is the default language on this site, so we ask that you post in English wherever possible. The main reason for this is for prevention of spam. The majority of the staff are English speaking and cannot translate text posted in a wide variety of languages accurately, so for this reason we ask that you stick to English wherever possible, particularly in the Literature subforum.

Posting the odd word, such as proper names, or the occasional phrase or sentence is fine though. Just not entire paragraphs and so on.

If you wish to engage in discussion using any other language, please do so in The Menewsha Nation subforum. This is the only forum on the site where posting large amounts of text in any language other than English is currently permitted. The only exception is during site events. On these occasions, foreign language hang-out threads may be created within the event forum itself.

If a new user makes a Fresh Meat thread in a language other than English you can greet them and explain about the language rule in their own language, but please post it within the quote tabs, these--> and write it in English underneath.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-29-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
Try reading the rules ;)
Thank you for clearing that up for me. It's been a while since I have read the rules. I just concerned myself with making sure I don't get any infractions is all.

I'm still hoping they up the game gold cap to three hundred gold. I think that would awesome, I know it's only fifty more gold but hey every little bit helps when you are questing for an expensive item.

Last edited by Kole_Locke; 08-30-2010 at 03:54 PM..

Connielass
Queen of Nutcases

Old 09-03-2010, 12:25 AM

If it might mean more gold per post, then I think I'd be happy with it.
Either way, though, at this point with my life being so busy, I only make about 100g per day in Tetris, and maybe about 10/15g a day from posting.
I really, really don't talk much, online OR irl.

Vexatious~Venom
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Banned

Old 09-03-2010, 03:11 PM

It's very rare that I max my games anyway so this is not something that is a big problem for me. I vote that we keep the games lowered, might attract more people to the foums, which would be epic.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-05-2010, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexatious~Venom View Post
It's very rare that I max my games anyway so this is not something that is a big problem for me. I vote that we keep the games lowered, might attract more people to the foums, which would be epic.
I would like the gold cap to be raised back up to three hundred gold. I think that would perfect, but that's just my opinion, but I wouldn't be devastated if they didn't. By the way, you have a very cool looking avatar.

wickedwonderland
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to wickedwonderland

Old 09-07-2010, 01:35 PM

aw man now it's gonna take me forever to get my wings but i can understand why u guys decided to do it. Unfortunally I get a really bad signal at my house and it takes the forums forever to load and it takes the games a lot less time to load. Oh well. I try to get on the forums as much as possible but usually when I'm on no one else is....

Popcorn Gun
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Penpal

Old 09-09-2010, 03:17 AM

Oh gosh I JUST saw this, and honestly think it's not a great idea.
It takes QUITE a bit of time to continue playing games long enough to hit the 5OOg cap, and honestly it's almost easier to just post to get that amount of gold.
I personally -when I'm active- don't usually make it near 5OOg, but during the events that 5OOg is a God-send. It's the difference between whether I can get that item from the event store or not at all.
High game play does not necessarily equate to low posting.

Jeannesha
Lost in a cloud

Penpal

Old 09-09-2010, 04:04 AM

I know what you mean, Popcorn...(I love your name, btw...)

I'm actually coming to like this change.
I think it's a case of an "unintended consequence", but since I used to post and play games until I got the 500 gold, I'm now on Menewsha quite a bit less than I used to be. I get to the 250 a lot faster now....

I probably do post a bit more than I used to, because I know it won't take me as long to get the games cap, but I think that overall I'm online less. Once I've responded to all my subscribed threads, I tend to just log off now...

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 09-12-2010, 12:02 AM

Ah, so THAT's why this happened. I see. :) It's a good reason. For a bit, I thought that my Max limit had been changed because I'd had 300 gold saved up. >.> I'm glad to see that that's not the case. Yeah, forums are fun! I can't believe that the games got more attention than the forums. >.>

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 09-13-2010, 11:57 PM

I dont reckon we'll be getting this back anytime soon?

...Please? :gonk:

Voe
♡영웅재&...
Send a message via MSN to Voe

Old 09-23-2010, 12:28 PM

I don't think chopping the max gold in half is going to improve posting. Most people who whore out the games are just natural introverts or prefer pimping out their avatars than anything. That's one of the perks of having a hybrid avatar/gaming/forum/etc. site. It gives you a choice while still benefiting from it all with whatever you enjoy doing. If anything, increasing the gold gained from posting will attract more posters. I know I'd be more motivated. I'm not talking about a small change, either. I know this would dent the economy and possibly increase nonsensical conversations but it'd work. Just sayin'. :drool:

Just for the record this doesn't affect me at all since I'm on capped bandwidth atm. All I can do is post.

deathknight evlive
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-24-2010, 03:40 AM

yeah i get your point, but some people do talk and can play a game at the same time, today i was chatting with people and while waiting for responses i would play a quick game. its a good idea for the people that all they do is play the games. but making gold is pretty scarece and hard. there should bea little more ways to make gold. so far i love this site, but its so hard and takes so oh so long to make gold. and to make 50k is really hard.

misfittbaby
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-24-2010, 05:04 PM

^ I play games + chat at the same time, otherwise I'd get bored of the games, but usually when my game count maxes out, I sign off Mene, lol. So really - in a way, it's making me spend less time on Mene x'D I'm not here just for the games, no, but it was a benefit since a lot of threads don't really.. make me want to post or when I do post, no one really replies to me (completely true - and I've even been here for a year.) Only once and a blue moon would someone actually reply to me, that's why I always did the game+chat method.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-24-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathknight evlive View Post
and to make 50k is really hard.
50k is a BIG amount, it should be hard to get that much. I could be wrong, but I think maybe those of you who complain about gold earning on here are a little too used to how gold is thrown at you for doing nothing elsewhere?

Kah Hilzin-Ec
The little creep with the weird ...
Send a message via MSN to Kah Hilzin-Ec

Old 09-25-2010, 01:10 PM

50k is being unnaturally rich in here, not pitiful poor :XD

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 09-25-2010, 02:50 PM

xD;
It's hard work, not some easy peasy walk in the park.

Kole_Locke
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-28-2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatake Ayumi View Post
xD;
It's hard work, not some easy peasy walk in the park.
I agree, fifty thousand gold on here would be like earning five hundred thousand gold on gaia which would be almost as hard but they have a market place which if you are market place savy you can earn gold just as quick. I have saved all of my gold and haven't bought an item in the past few months just because I like having a lot of gold in my account if not for any other reason really. One day I may decide to just splurge.

numagirl22

Old 10-08-2010, 03:31 AM

shouldn't it kinda be up to us whether we play games or chat? I just enjoy the games more, it's not because it's easier. :(

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 10-08-2010, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by numagirl22 View Post
shouldn't it kinda be up to us whether we play games or chat? I just enjoy the games more, it's not because it's easier. :(
It's not like they took the games away and they're only making you post. You can do both. The focus of Menewsha is the forums, and to interacting with other people.

Hatake Ayumi
College Student

Old 10-08-2010, 10:17 AM

Plus you can still play games after you max out.
:lol:

With the risk to being incredibly offensive to some (hey, I warned you): If you really like the games so much, then you shouldn't be whining. You can still go shoot to be number one, or in the first page of the high scorers. Games are supposed to be fun for fun's sake. They aren't really supposed to be just gold earners. That's just a bonus. Think about it... You're getting paid to smash angels with sardines and smash Afrodonkey into walls... And paid to whine about how little games there are and so forth.
/shot

Kah Hilzin-Ec
The little creep with the weird ...
Send a message via MSN to Kah Hilzin-Ec

Old 10-08-2010, 10:58 AM

But I'm already #1 in Space Invaders... and I only got 50 gold!

:XD