Naoto-chan22
The Soul Consumer
Send a message via MSN to Naoto-chan22

Old 09-30-2010, 01:41 AM

I'll never break up with Mene so I'm down with new way of events, plus a little change is good :D

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 09-30-2010, 01:42 AM

I like this idea, but I dont get the part with the items not being in your invo right away
Is that part of coding as well?

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to momochan

Old 09-30-2010, 01:42 AM

Omg! It costs $3,000 to run an event?! Thats a lot of money....Well I can't wait for Halloween and the Festival of winter nights. I know they'll be loads of fun. I really want to see what next years Phoenix Jubilee, I know it'll be fun.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 09-30-2010, 01:44 AM

oh i just thought of something... still new event commons and the like too right?
and the easy coding is just for the last 2 events of the year... then it's this newer better thing, yes?
i don't think it's such a big deal... i can hack it!

JessehBoo
oh comme je souhaite pour nos lè...
Send a message via AIM to JessehBoo

Old 09-30-2010, 01:45 AM

hmmm excitedddd

emiko_firecaster
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 09-30-2010, 01:47 AM

wow fun little fact there, $3000? first thought

now, i wasn't for the shipwreck ball, infact i think i signed on about .... just after christmas actually so i missed a few i was looking forward too... oh well, ill stick with you, i enjoy it to much to not do so.... infact, im sure most people would actually be generally sad if you guys had to close down, so please, do what you need to to keep running

**best wishes**

Silver Crusnik
Kittenfais Overlord

Old 09-30-2010, 01:47 AM

The reason why they can't do that is because there's probably a code in the event that automatically deposits when certain pre-coded requisites are met. Maybe something like a "true" or "false" tripswitch, even, depending on whether you've done things. Remember, each even has its own currency, and that has to be coded and given a value to which you can trade an item. Without that spiffy coding, the admins will have to take the created items, probably from a storage account, and physically deposit them into your account themselves. Since the site's events garner so much attention, well...there you go. :yes:

Last edited by ToriKat; 11-06-2010 at 04:51 AM..

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 09-30-2010, 01:49 AM

I wish i wasn't a broke ass, I'd totally donate more monies to mene.
But stupid bills come first lol.

The Whitewolf Shaman
(◎_◎;)

My dear, lovely admins, mods, and everyone else involved. We have all been patient up until now, and we will all continue to do so. Menewsha isn't based on events, but being a community. Sure events are great because of the introduction of new items to play with, but boil it down and the best part of Menewsha isn't centered around events, but friendship.

Continue to run the site, and we will continue to love you for it. :heart:

All I wish is that you guys don't overwork yourselves. After all, you should be able to have fun too.

dragoness129
Slytherin Pride! ^_^

@ Roachi - I know what you mean. T_T
Mene is my home. -luffs on forever-

Kenome-Chan
Love me as I am.

Penpal

Old 09-30-2010, 01:50 AM

Hey!! I'll stay!! Haha I at first came to this site because I liked the fact you could change the look of your avatar. (I'm a nerd like that, lol.) But the longer I stayed the more I liked the people and how nice everyone is.
So I went from Gaia to here. I love this site!!
So whatever you wanna do you can totally believe I'll be with you all the way!!
And I've not been here for very many events so any future event will be awesome to me.
Thanks for the information jellysundae!!

Lathrine
theatre major from nurse school

Skimmed over it because I'm suppose to be on my way to bed, not reading Mene. |D; But my reply of that skim? Yes. I'll stick through your event changes and experiments. One note, though; I have absolutely no idea how Shipball EIs were handled. I wasn't about much during that event, and when I tried to check it out I couldn't find information that was much help. D: But I might have just been being blind. I do have a history of randomly being blind when looking for information.

Athilea Majiri
The Beloved

Oh wow...that fantastic.

The Whitewolf Shaman
(◎_◎;)

Old 09-30-2010, 01:51 AM

Also, as for the Shipwreck, I completely missed it due to a lack of interwebs at the time, but I'm sure it was great. :)

Silver Crusnik
Kittenfais Overlord

Old 09-30-2010, 01:52 AM

I wanna donate to Mene as well, but at current, I have about 3 dollars till Payday. D; And then I can't donate cuz sadly Mene comes backseat to my windshield crack, which is over a foot long. x-x

Kenome-Chan
Love me as I am.

Penpal

Old 09-30-2010, 01:52 AM

haha i was here but i didnt know it was going on. lol

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 09-30-2010, 01:53 AM

its not that big a change i dont think. and the shipwreck event was WAY more fun than the valentines one this year for me. so id say its probably going to be better for oldies like me.

Kaema
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 09-30-2010, 01:58 AM

I'm looking forward to these new events that are coming! It's too bad about Halloween and Christmas though. :( I'll miss the EIs!
But I'll be patient. x3

Chi
Dancing to her own beat..
Penpal

I don't mind the change in the slightest. You guys have been faced with a lot of changes to take risks on. It'll work out, as I know the event structure wouldn't be changed unless its replacement was equal or greater. I'm excited to see what's in stock!

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

*buckles seatbelt for the ride*

I'm looking forward to seeing the changes. I'll be dragging Wallflowers along to whatever event you throw at me :rofl:

Chunsa-chan
Sarang hanindea yo~

Old 09-30-2010, 01:59 AM

I've been with you guys for so long I'm not gonna give you up just because you are going old school with events.
{Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you doooown, never gonna turn around and forget yoooooou}

In fact it was back during code-free wannabe events that I feel in love with Menew. This will be like some awesome nostalgia kick for me! <3
(And I agree with everyone that: WOW $3000? Yikes)

Saravi Boo
Licking threads since 2010!

Old 09-30-2010, 02:00 AM

I'll stick with mene, but I'm a bit sad about this change. I was looking forward to my first Halloween and FoWN events. I hope this change will help mene out financially and take some strain off of the wonderful staff. ^_^ *huggles* I hope the Halloween and FoWN events will be a bit more actively announced than the Shipwreck Ball was. I was online the entire time it was going on and never heard even a rumor of it until it was over. I'm still questing the items from it. O_o'

As long as we get an announcement like this one (that pops up at the top of the site) for the codeless events I, for one, will be quite happy with them. ^_^ I can't wait to see what the new type of events will look like but in the meantime I won't be too upset to just have contests and forums for the events (though I hope we get some manner of EIs from them because...well, that's sort of the point, ne?).

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 09-30-2010, 02:01 AM

I'm a little wary, quite honestly, I loved the old style events with the flash and shit.

Esmme
See you later, Cole. "How do you...

Old 09-30-2010, 02:02 AM

Well . . . good luck with it all, guys! Thanks for spending so much monies on us in the meantime. ;)

zazabar
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via MSN to zazabar

Old 09-30-2010, 02:05 AM

I'll be the negative Nancy here, and say, you are telling us to wait/hold out, but aren't giving us any sort of inclination as to what is coming. That doesn't sound all that fair. As someone who donates to the site every month, that kind of pushes me away a bit. Usually with a change this big, there is more transparency. But here? None.

There also comes the issue of new items. Since I've joined the site, the only new items to arrive have been during events. I haven't seen any otherwise, minus CI's. What are you going to do about those?

In short, you want the site to break even/become profitable, but you aren't giving the people who donate every month any sort of knowledge or real incentive right now.